Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008

Jade I have been slack on personals too, it's so hard to remember what everyone wrote when you are tired. Don't feel bad. Hope you are coping ok with your little ones.

Nice to hear from you Shell, hope you heal up soon i couldn't find the pic of DJ could be my tired brain....

Prama i have been told so many different ways to BF over the years i am just going to do what i think is right for Summer and as long as she puts on weight and is happy then I'm happy with that, it seems so different this time, my bb's don't seem that full and aren't leaking much, only a couple of times and she sometimes only feeds for 5 or 10 mins, and WILL NOT wake up for anything after that. All the guessing on how much they are getting can be so stressful. You are doing a great job, you have been through a lot and you are still going strong you should be proud of yourself.

SJ i'm not using powder either giving her a bit of time without her nappy which usually means pooing everywhere..... I am also bathing Summer every 2nd night and every other night having a shower with her so i don't have to fill the bath etc. She gets so hot and sweaty, she pretty much lives in a singlet day and night and still gets hot, she loves having the fan on in the bedroom and doesn't sleep well without it. I think i have the same size as you, havn't really used it much cos she gets so hot and is happy to sleep in the rocker, gonna give it a whirl tomorrow.

Welcome Kanda, those grazes are terrible hey? once you get one it hurts so much.

Codie has a friend sleeping over tonight (yes i am a sucker for punishment) I bet they won't be going to bed anytime soon. I should be in bed as we have two soccer games and a birthday party tomorrow....

I'm off to send some kids to bed. And myself

Trina, yeah thats right about the BF. its like my friend said, there's not a problem til there's a problem. you do what you think is right and what youre comfortable with.

Danni, thats great news about Jazz coming home soon! enjoy your little one.

Shell, ikwym about the section hurting hehe. its why i was after the VBAC because the pain goes away when its over hehe. But yeah it does get better hun, after about 3 weeks last time i took shane to brisbane for a couple days and was carrying around my luggage at the airport (even tho i shouldn't have) without problems. The scar itself will stay tender for a very long time tho but you shouldn't have too many occasions which makes it a problem.

Kanda, grats!!!! well done!

my nipples aren't healing very well either Prama. i've decided to buy an electric steriliser and bottles to give them a rest, gonna express a little. i'll get those closer to nature ones. my other two started refusing me after giving them bottles for a little while so i'm really hoping that the closer to nature bottles will be close enough to nature that that doesn't happen hehe.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz is home and fast asleep!

The cats weren't too happy though.
    Matt brought Jazz in and then he went and got the cats and carefully held them so they could see and smell her.

Congratulations Kanda and welcome to the group!

Trina - this may sound like a silly question, but how exactly do you shower with Summer? I am too scared that i will slip or something. How do you wash yourself, what do you do with her then?
    DH only runs a bit of water in the bottom of the bath as we are concious of wasting water, but they both love it and it is a great bondng experience for them.
    Oh and i am hearing you with the poo - Molly Jane has decided that she doesnt like to poo until her nappy comes off mid feed, easier for me as i know that it is coming and there is rarely a surprise in the nappy, but each time the nappy comes off, i am waiting for the squirt!!!

Danni - yay that Jazz is home, hope that cats are ok - our is not interested at all, the dog sniffs her and frets if she crys and comes and gets us, i think that they will grow up as great friends (i hope!!)

Jade and Prama - hope the nipples get better soon, the lanolin cream that i am using twice a day seems to help with healing... still can be sore at times thou.

Does all your babies stretch heaps??? every time Molly Jane wakes up (especially if she has been wrapped) she stretches and stretches, it is soooo cute, i just love watching her!

Oh and i was thinking - did i end up with the heaviest baby?

SJ i put the rocker in the bathroom with a towel on it, and we both jump in i put her up on my shoulder and also laying in my arms i give myself a quick wash one handed and when we are finished i put her in the rocker and wrap her up in the towel, she loves it, just don't have the shower on too hard as it splashes their eyes a bit. It can be an effort getting the bath out around dinner time etc. You could get your DH to do it and you just hand nudie molly in to him.

My dog sits with Summer and wont leave her side, she was a bit funny for the first week she got upset when Summer would cry or squeek but she is fine now, just have to watch the smelly dog licks. The cat is fine with her, he has a sniff every now and then.

Such a hot day at soccer today, Tahnie was so cute playing her first ever game Paige filled in as they didn't have enough turn up. The coach came up to Tahnie at half time and said "geez you didn't do much out there, you just stood there" I so should have said something but of course didn't. What a di*k! she asked me if i was yelling out "go Tahnie" so the 2nd half i was yelling encouragement and she loved it hehehe funny little thing.

Off to pick up kids from Party and friends, so can't wait for the taxi light to turn off this arvo.

we went shopping today, Gawd it was hard...
    I'm beginning to foresee a really tough year ahead of us with all three kids at trying ages.... 2, 4 & newborn
    anyways, the heat was awful and finding a park, then finding a table in the food court, waiting with the kids while DH got food which took ages because it was packed. Dylan whining the whole time, Shane trying to escape and Ryan was squaking by the end of it too.
    good thing tho, Target has a sale atm, all the baby stuff is 20% off. bought electric steriliser, more bottles for the breast pump, a new sippy cup for shane and layby'd a cot and mattress because it was too big and heavy to take home today.
    Did too much walking around a bit sore and very tired. gonna try and see if kids will let me nap...

THanks Trina, will try it out tonight - will hav eto get the camera ready too!

Jade - i was under the impression that we could not drive. It is driving me insane, can we drive or is it just too much of a necessity for you?
    I am going to the target sale tomorrow - good luck with the bottles

well DH drove today but i have been driving though, yeah can't get around it. Not supposed to drive til 6 weeks i think

Jade - I did some research, apparemtly it is more an insurance thing after 2 or 3 weeks (makes sense as when i had my appendix out - which is similar just not as long, but abdo muscles still cut and TBH hurt more - i was driving in a couple of days) check with insurance company, if they are cool with it apparently it should be OK

Trina - stupid question - doesnt your rocker get wet?

We've been bathing lakshman every other day, sometimes we miss a day when it gets crazy, but i give him a wipe with a wet cloth. Am I not bathing him as often as I should? I feel bad now.

I'll try to go for the Target sale, I'm thinking we should get clothes for winter. I dont know how to dress him. We've got some wondersuits. I want to get some sweaters and jackets.
    Do you put sweaters over the wondersuits?

SJ, Jade hope you girls heal soon and can do the normal things soon xoxoxo

Jade - it;s so tough to look after 3 so young kids. You're are so amazing..

We had some friends over today to celebrate Lakshman's 31st day. He's a whole month. I was quite comfortable having guests and a newborn. IT wasnt as bad as I feared. Of cos as soon as htey arrived, he decided he wanted a feed so i was in the room while ppl were arriving.. it takes a lot of juggling.

Prama, don't feel bad you don't need to bath them every day, Summer sweats so much, she gets sooooo hot and we have a bit of a routine going too. My rocker doesn't get wet plus it's a pretty quick drying fabric or you can put two towels down.

I have so many bonds suits and at this stage she will grow out of them if the weather stays like this. I have had to go buy a heap of singlet suits as she can't wear anything else, I am going to go to Target tomorrow aswell, as Summer wriggles too much in the basinette, i have found her right down the bottom a few times so am going to buy a cot from there, i had a 2nd hand one that i started painting but i couldn't be bothered now.

Jade your boys are at those lovely ages, sometimes it is safer to hibernate at home than go shopping, i just CANNOT do the food shopping anymore, i have to get mum to mind Sumer when the kids are at school. Food shopping and cooking dinner are my dramas at the moment.

Hope you all get some sleep tonight.

Trina

Hi everyone, thought I'd finally join the group.

Well Madison is nearly two weeks now, I'm already thinking it goes so quick! LOL

I'm a bit stunned because she just rolled over. I thought she's not going to get her head over but she kept trying and pulled her little arm out and there she was on her tummy trying to lift her head! I couldn't believe it. Miss 3 was an early crawler (5 months) so I think I'm in for the same drama with this one lol.

BF is going well after a week of intense pain. I had to give poor righty a day off last weekend after I was crying from the pain. But after talking to the home visiting midwifes we've been changing the positions from across the body to the football hold for feeds as this apparetly changes the pressure points on the breast and using lansinoh and the last couple of days have been really good, just a little bit of pain at attachment with a little bit of healing left. She has also upped her feeds so it feels that all I'm doing is feeding at the moment. But I do love it, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it with Miss 3.

Does anyone else still have pelvis pain? I had the pain before the birth and assumed it would go, but the day after Madison's birth I did something getting back into the bed in hospital and I'm now in even more pain than before. The hospital physio gave me this big elastic belt to wear but I'm hobbling around like an 80 year old. Very frustrating. I'm going to go back to the physio on Monday I think.

Hope everyones keeping cool in the heat.

Jesstibb, my pelvis was really sore but the last few days it is heaps better, i would go to a chiro or physio, my pelvis was twisted and so had it adjusted when i was pg and it was great most of the way through. Ouch on the nipples hope they heal quickly.

Summer has terrible wind again, she was in such a state this morning the poor thing and there is nothing you can do, might go to the chemist and get some drops, have tried them before with the others but they didn't do anything.

Jess - Congrats!!!!
    Lakshman half rolled the other day I had him on the change mat and he rolled onto his side. he's only done that once.

Trina - does gripe water work? been thinking of gettign that. How are things? When is DH coming home? It's good that your mum can come and help.

The other day, Lakshman was asleep and mum was holding him and we were both sitting on the sofa watching tv. Suddenly, we heard him hyper-ventilate. We both got panicky and when we looked at him, he had this big smile... He was laughing in his sleep! It was so funny, and cute but scary as well.

Hope you girls are having a good weekend. (tho the weekends dont mean much to me anymore, they all seem the same. Except that DH is home and that helps heaps)

Hey girls,

Sorry the photos didn't upload.... Not sure why, think they were too big, so I have just uploaded the ones taken on the mobile phone. Check them out There is only two though.

I am being discharged from hospital tomorrow, got to see the physio though in the morning because of the whole adonominal gap thingy because the midwive tested it on me when I did a sit up and could fit four fingers eeeek Breastfeeding getting better though, he still doesn't like one boob so trying out different positions. LC said it could be because he was posterior in position, and also suggested just expressing from that breast if he continues to play up on it. But my milk came in today and OMG talk about engorgement eeek I have no ide what my bra size is now, because the bras I have so don't fit anymore, way too small. Need to get some new ones.

I have to go to the dentist!!! I was eating cornflakes this morning and I think I have chipped my molar teeth arghhhh but I did clench my jaw in labour/c-section etc from the drugs, so I wouldn't be surprised if I chipped it then or something. It looks like a filling or something that is loose, but who knows. I will make an appt for later this week to find out. Just will make sure I feed DJ beforehand.

How is everyone? More births YAY congratulations Kanda

Prama - that is totally fine, it was good to see you Dr Wardena was really good and I found the anethesiast to be fantastic as well, and haven't had any problems with any of the midwives, so hopefully it will continue until I get discharged tomorrow. How are you going? How long is your mum with you? I will have Doni off work for 2 weeks and my mum moves in this weekend for about 4 weeks and will be off work for 2 weeks as well, so that will help me.

Sorry I don't have more time for personals, it is getting close to the time to give DJ another feed and my mum is arriving soon and we are meeting her downstairs. I don't think we have alot of visitors tonight which is good, wouldn't mind a quiet one tonight and plus 'So you think you can dance' is on tonight

Chat soon.
    Shell xxxx

Sj - Yes, the MHN told me about the Lacation consultant and gave me a brochure with the contact number. She also suggested attending the Early Weeks parenting workshop. I have missed 2 so far as I had things on, but I am going to look at booking in to do it on the 27th in Parkdale.

Kanda - Congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl Lila.

We bath Caitlin every second day. In the hospital one of the midwives told us to use a couple of drops of olive oil in the bath but i have found it makes her hair look greasy. We had been using the Johnsons naturals bath lotion but last bath I tried the Gaia shampoo and bath gel and her hair came up nice and fluffy and her skin looked great so I am going to continue to use the Gaia products.

Jess - sounds like you are going to have your hands full with Madison!

I can recommend a good book that a friend gave me, it is called "Baby Love". It is fantastic, it answers all of the little questions that you are thinking but might not want to ask as well as the bigger ones. I have found it great and has put my mind at ease many times.

I played in a hockey practice match on Saturday and I am pleased to say that my bladder did really well so it looks like I can start training at full steam! I am also starting up netball this week, it is great, just up the road from home and there is someone available at the venue to watch Caitlin while the game is on which is fantastic. I am looking forward to getting back into my sport!

We have a MHC appt on Tuesday, I am sure that Caitlin has put on a stack of weight in the last 2 weeks so will see what the scales say. She has been demand feeding every 3hrs for the last couple of days and taking 80mls each feed which is more than she is supposed to be having but with the hot weather I am not too concerned as I know she can't be dehydrated. I think she is going through a growth spurt which would explain the feeding. She is 7 weeks old today but adjusted age is 1.5 weeks, last weight in she was 2750g, hopefully this weigh in she will be over 3kgs.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and have a great week this week.

Jo.

Jo - good luck with your apt on Tuesday and well done on getting back into netball. I am hoping I will be able to exercise sooner than 8 weeks time, the doctor said between 6-8 weeks but there are other exercises I can do also walking and stretches. The midwife was talking about me wearing a girdle to get back those abdominal muscles so that will be interesting. Will find out more at the physio apt tomorrow.

I have been going really well with my breastfeeding lately, DJ is just stubborn on one breast and tonight he was just not doing his thing..... arghhhh I still managed to give him 15 mins on each side, but feel bad that it wasn't enough so going to increase the amount I give him later tonight...... Does everyone have a good day with breastfeeding and a bad day??? Was also considering expressing some in case he doesn't take as much again later.....

I am so looking forward to going home tomorrow and will be making an apt with dentist tomorrow about my tooth, my mum seems to think I did something while I was in labour...... It is now rubbing on my gums so tomorrow it is going to kill me.

Hi Everyone,

Not really much time to post as we have been out 4x4 driving all day and I'm pretty tired

I have had horrendous problems BF little Jake as he has a small mouth, I have nipples that are completely flat and I have large breasts too....the little fellow can't get a large enough hold on the nipple and areola and so therefore is clamped on the nipple only even though he has "good" attachment according to the Lactation consultant. Everything is picture perfect and he is doing it all right he just can't get enough as he's only on the nipple area and wears himself out trying to feed (he could only manage 5 minutes minimum) and therefore doesn't get enough milk and then is lethargic and fussy. Soooooooo after trying for a few days and getting massive cracks, raw nipples and bruising I have switched to expressing all my milk into the closer to nature bottles for him. This has resulted in a much happier baby who is getting fatter by the day, my nipples are slowly healing but even expressing hurts! The little man is polishing off nearly 80ml of milk every feed....I feel like I am a failure because even though he's on perfectly he can't get enough milk. I have a few questions about the whole expressing and feeding by bottle:

1. Can I express and bottle feed without my milk drying up? I read somewhere that if you express into bottles only without BF your milk will dry up...seems a little weird but any way....

2. Am I failure for quitting and feeding him breast milk through the bottle instead?

3. Will it hurt him in any way?

I plan to do this as long as I can as I don't want to formula feed him...

Cheers
    Lisa

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast