... 678910 ...

thread: Babies Born May 16th-31st 2008 #6

Jun 2006
    In the middle of Pink and Blue!!!

Jess we must of posted at the same time LOL

I am glad that now you know how to help DS, hopefully now it will be a little bit less stressful. Goodluck

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

Sorry its been a while since my last novel - but i'm going to try to keep this as brief as I can , as Kindergarten Cop is on and I haven't seen it for years...going to go cuddle up in blankets and watch it, cause it is soooo cold (though I probably don't really know real cold being a Queenslander ).

Jess - Not sure I can help with the clingliness - we don't seem to have that problem. Hmm...have you left her alone with DH for a little while - she might cry for a little when you first leave, but maybe she would settle after she's forgotten what she's crying about. Also IKWYM about the 'painful' partner - my dh quite often gets bad migraines...I've learnt to just ask what he needs, get it for him, then leave him alone until he approaches me. What happened with the nethackers thing? I hope everything eases for you soon - both in money and health (your family's).

NaNa - Hope your still having a good time over there, besides the men with guns and difference of opinions you seem to be getting. When do you arrive back in Aus?

Nikki - I don't think I'll ever leave this group (well not sure what happens after our bubs turn 5 - as the thread closes then) - but thankfully got most of you's on facebook -so happy to keep in touch forever on there....you's are a lovely bunch of women - I feel like we'd get along so well IRL. Eeik on Abbie's sleep...I've been dreading that with Cam, though he is still doing 2 sleeps, but lately seems to be a little struggle to do them - am thinking its time to cut down to 1 a day...might see how we go tomorrow.

Sassy - Did you have a good time in Tassie? Are you back working again now...bet the break was nice though.

Abb - You's all healthy again now? Hey whats the deal with the immunisations this time being 3 - are yours always 3? We only have ever done 2 (which they get the 2 nurses and jab at the same time, different leg). Whats the 3rd one for? On the milk - is Hamish refusing to drink any more then that or was that more of your choice to cut it down...just wondering what to do with Cam's milks...he is doing cows milk now too.

AFM- Cam has been sick since last Monday, therefore we were unable to do his immunisations on the Tuesday due to his high temps. We'd made another appointment for this Tuesday just gone, but on Monday he still wasn't well, and by that night, just before he had his bath he started shivering. He continued to shiver after his bath so we called the health line - I was just sitting with him wrapped up in my dressing gown - where he cuddled into me. They ruled everything out and by the end of the phone call he had stopped. By the Tuesday his temp was way up again (39-40's) -so we kept his appointment but to get him checked out - turns out he has tonsillitis - poor bubba. No wonder he was only accepting gels, custards and soups to eat. We also bought a tin of toddler formula, as I just felt he was missing out on the nutrients of his usual foods. He was give antibiotics and finally today he has eated real solids again (stole a bit of my raisin toast this morning - cheeky little monkey).

Other then that - all is ok. I've been off work since last Friday though, as I've had a bad cold too. Feeling much better today though. Dh's had it too, but he's handled it alot better then me for a change (he is usually the bigger sook).

On the good news front...DH's other job - where he was temporarily laid off earlier this year due to no work, has finally got heaps of work going now, so he starts back there next week. It'll be nice having the extra $$$, that credit card has been taking a pounding.

I also just wanted to check what everyones current routine is....as I mentioned I'm thinking Cam might be ready to cut down to 1 sleep a day, so just wondering what time you's do things...including times you's breakfast, lunch, dinners, snacks, milks and that 1 sleep.

Well that's all from me for now, hmm brief (though i was watching the movie and typing this between ads - so I tend to babble when I do that).

Hope everyone is healthy and doing well.

Bye for now,

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

The reason where not getting our money back (except $600 of it) is cos its a skimming incident... No one actually went to the machine with our card. They have footage of someone at the ATM but no actuall visual of him planting the device. So they gave us 10% of our funds back. Were through to the next round to see if we can get more money back but looks like were not going to... and if we do it wont be for a while. Once our card was put in they get ur details and then with small cameras they can access ur pin and DP wasnt as careful and even though he covered a bit it was easy to work out the pin. so remember to cover the pinpads ladies.
    Fo were in debt $3000 and the 3000 in savings that was going towards new kitchen.

BB in a tick T just fell over.

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Good evening ladies,

My exam went well last week on Wednesday. DD has had her 12 month immunisation last week Thursday. She is standing perfectly on her own with the help of furniture around the house. Besides from that there isn't really a lot to report on. She will no longer be attending childcare. I have one more exam to sit for and I have deferred that exam to be at home studying with her and taking my time instead of sending her to childcare. She has her 6th tooth is making its debut.

Jess -

You poor thing. I can't believe what has happened to you. What a horrible thing your family has to go through.

Bec -

Hope your little one gets better. You must be thrilled about your DP gets his old job back .

Nikki -

DD is still demanding her 2 naps. Goodness me, it's going to be hard. As a new whole routine will be needed and less time for us mothers .

Nana -

I am just not ready. I need to establish myself first before bringing another baby into this world. Also, I don't want to be a SAHM. I need to get out into the workforce. I know its going to be hard especially with the whole financial crisis. I have decided to finish my studying, find a job, and plan to have a baby once I have a job.
    Everyone is taking a dozen different prescription medications for goodness knows what, they all smoke, they eat terribly unhealthy food, and they're laaaaazy
    Lol.

We did spend time with the family. It was nice. I will be visiting them more often.

Sassy -

I hope you had fun!

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Sorry i took 5 days off BB so have been mia.

Will be just a quick one though as i am helping Dp with job applications.
    Bec - I chose to drop Hamish back to only one bottle and in a month or so i will get rid of that and the dummy. I did the same with Dd and it worked really well. Hamish still has milk from a sippy cup and plenty of dairy and iron in his food. It is a personal choice, i am making sure he is still having more than enough but i found with Dd i had no trouble weaning her off the bottle and dummy around 18 months but have seen my sisters having grief trying when there kids are older. Just my opinion, every one is different.
    Girl - glad study is nearly over for you, more time to spend with yasmeena.

Jess - gee what a terrible thing to happen, my status about robbing a bank is appropriate for you then.lol sorry probably not funny

LMK - Hamish was like that with sleeps for awhile but now he is back to his two sleeps thank god. He is finally back to sleeping with no wake ups ( i hope i am not speaking too soon) we had 3 weeks of constant wake ups and have now had 3 nights in a row of 12 hours so fingers crossed it stays that way.

NaNa - glad your trip is going well, had a look at the photos on facebook, you all look very happy.

Not alot to report here, Hamish has so many teeth now and more on the way i think 12 with 2 big whoppers just through which could be the reason for all the wake ups. WE have all been sick but all good now. He is walking properly now and almost running when he wants to. He is obsessed with outside and going in the car, we have started spelling words now when he is around other wise he heads for the back door if you say car or outside, the same if you mention bath he is at the bathroom door in a flash. I am loving teaching him new things everyday and watching him mimic and play. I am getting clucky so we might try a bit earlier than we thought for another baby. shhh dont tell anyone. lol

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Hi Wonderful Mummas...
    Feeling happy today... A wonderful BB lady did an amazing thing for me and sent me my fluffy layby which i was going to cancel cos i am now broke... she is letting me pay when ever... It was soo nice to have something wonderful done for me... things have been really bad the last week or 2. Were just not used to having NOOO money and bills are piling up and well things looked bleak... It was the nicest thing anyone has done for me... Wish these nice people would take over all the bad people in thr world.

Abb- YUP bank robbery would be quite nice about now... I'm not greedy... Just a few thousand to get us out of strife. lol GL with the weaning off the dummy and bottle... My kids both gave up dummies before 12 months... but J wouldnt part with his bottle until 2 1/2 ( but he had no other comfort item (like a blankie etc) Miss T seems to like a particular blankie for bed time... ( finding it a bit weird. I am changing bottles regularly and trying the sippy cups i have accumulated... But she still likes to sick on the teats of bottles... i'm in no hurry though. Hamish sounds like T... she loves going "out" she now waves Bye and says "ba" when she waves... very cute... but also hearing "out *wave* ba ba" all day is a bit annoying... lol.

LOTS of rosy cheecks here still the 8 teeth... Sleeping has been a bit interupted... She has cut her day sleeps down to nil. she is sooo tired but wont sleep... if she does its like 3pm and too late for a nap... sometimes she is sooo tired she is crashing into things and rubbing her eyes but still fighting sleep... she goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 9.30 wanting to play... So i think i need to start wearing her out more... lol.

Next month we have J school enrolment... Eeeekkk... OMG my Baby boy will be in BIG school next yr... its a bit and also Just feels weird to be almost needing to look at uniforms and things...

Also just changed J's childcare... More money but i think u pay for quality care... The new centre has older more qualified staff. they have more kids but i think it may help J prepare more for Kindy next yr... but we'll see...

Were into the real cheeky ctage here... T loves playing hide and seek... and loves to try and get J... she has this cheeky laugh ATM... funniet when she burps or fluffs... hahaha... Now if she lets one rip snd will do this cheeky laugh and then blow a raspberry... hahaha... she has to announce that she has just done one... lol. or if someone else does one she laughs uncontrolably

Off to the park to wear out out the kids... Bye

Jun 2006

Hi ladies

Oh my goodness does it ever end, we have all been sick here about a week ago and now ihave no voice, i sound like i am really sick but i am fine just no voice. Which is really hard with 3 kids of my own and looking after 4 others!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well hopefully it comes back soon.

As for abbie she is really cheeky as well. If i call her and say abbie come and put your shoes on she will walk over just about get into arms reach SMILE and run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is sooooooo cheeky! She better snap out of that LOL!!
    Other then that she is doing well, OMG today she is having her second sleep now, so hopefully today might be the changing back to two sleeps, can always hope anyway.

Jess thatis horrible about your finances at the moment, I hope things start to look up for you soon! Yeah on your friend sending you your layby there are some really nice people in the world!!!!! We went to the park this morning and it worked both my kids are asleep now mmmmmmmmmmmmm peace!!!!

Abb Wooo hooo for you wanting to try again, go for it!!!!! They pick things up quickly don't they, abbie is the same, esepecially with going outside she loves being outside.

Girl i am glad that your exams went well and DD needles were all good too.

Hi to anyone i have missed sorry gotta get some stuff done before they wake up!!!

Take care

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

Just a real quick one - I have some news, but you'll have to come find my new post to confirm what you are probably now already thinking And those on FB - just remember for now.

Besides that, all is well, Cam had his needles yesterday and seemed to go ok, though he is a little grumpy today -just had to put him into his cot crying, he just wouldn't settle - the more I held him or tried to offer him anything the more worked up he was getting - do you think this could be a little reaction from the needles, especially as he was fine yesterday and last night. If not, once again left wondering if its teething issues, still only 6 teeth here.

Anyhoo, gotta run, heaps of house work to do.

Bye for now,

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Thumbs up

Oh my goodness Bec, congrats. Am so happy for you as it happened naturally. Best of luck.

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Ok so i missed the new post bec but i'm thinking its something cooking... Will have to try and find the thread later when i have more time...

Kids are sick... Runny noses and a bad cough... vapouriser going today so hoping it helps and i wont have to take them to the GP's. Nothing much else to report...

Off to catch up on these other threads while the kids are reading books.

Apr 2007
    gold coast

so i have tried to read though the last few pages i have missed out on but keep gettin interrupted so i just skimmed so sorry if i for get anything or who said wat lol.

bec: Congrats hun. I am so happy for you.

Jess: sucks about the bank. i hope they do end up giving u the money back eventually. they should give it back if u can prove u didnt take it. sounds liek they r just being slack

hmmmmmmm dont knwo where to start.

the holiday was really good. it was good to just get away from all the crp that was going on here. jayda did very weel but didnt sleep at all basically during the night so by the time we got home i was a bloody zombie lol.
    I cant remember if i posted in here about it but i got her onto cows milk the week b4 we left so it would be easier while we were away but she didnt do very well on it. i think the whole no sleep at night was that reason.
    she was on NAN HA2 so i thought i would put her on the NAN toddler milk and the first night i put some infocol in it and she slept right through with no noises at all. the next night gave formula with out any infocol she woke 2 times but went back to sleep with a few pats but woke at 4am. she was wide awake and i coudlnt get her to sleep. by 6 i was cranky and gave her a bottle and she went back to sleep and i had to wake her at 730 to go to daycare.
    last night she slept through she woke 2 times but it was cause she hit her head ont he cot and she put herself back to sleep.

also since we have been back from hols i have been tryin to get her to self settle. i am at the point now i can put her in the cot give her a few pats to settle her then i can usually slowly back out of the room with her still awake. so much better then patting and rocking for 30mins then she would scream as soon as i put her in the cot.

she is talkin pretty well now. she tries to copy everythign we say. says bye bye and bye bye ma, more, ta, gone, dad, mum, nan, poppy, boobies but it comes out boosie, breaky, night night (nigh nigh), yum yum (num num), car, dog, oh wow, uh ah ( as in the naughty no), no, belly button (beddy bee) thats all i can think of but she keeps coming out with these few word sentences that blow us away but only usually does them once lol.

we have tantrums now if we cant walk where we want to lol. we went shopping with mum on sun and she walked the whole time we were there about 2 to 3 hrs.

im tryin to get her back into 2 sleeps a day cause she was only having one but by the time it come to 6 she was wanting a bottle and bed we would hold her out to 7 and she would crash but then she was waking at 930 and we would have to get her back to sleep and then she woudl be up early. so yeah her normal day sleep is between 1130 and 12 and it is normally only 30min to 1hr. so she doesnt usually wanna go back down till 4 to 5 which i think is too late if she is goign to bed at 830 the latest. also if i get her down at 4 thats when all the parents start picking up and it is too hard so yeah i am tryin to work out somethign that will work.

i have babbled on too much so i will get going.

i have been busy gettin back into work and with some troubles i had on here b4 i left it was the last place i come when i have time and i havent had much of it so i was missing out on comin on.

Jun 2006

Hi ladies

Just thought i would pop in and say hi. Been really busy lately and it seems that everyone is the same.

Abbie has started to be REALLY clingy, all she wants is me all the time, cant go to the toilet, kitchen without her two steps behind me whinging at me GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to take her dummy off her more during the day as i think that she needs to talk more.

See i cant even sit here and she is whinging at me.

BBL

Oct 2004
    Caroline Springs,Melbourne

Hi ladies
    I just popped in to see how everyone is going and seems as though all the may babies are thriving.

Sassy Jayda is talking heaps, thats excellent what a clever little munckin.
    LMK sorry to hear about ABbies clingyness but if its any consolation its the same here
    Bec I can only assume its congrats on a BFP thats awesome news

Liam is going well he is not walking just yet but getting around with the assistance of a trolley and the furnture. He is a CLIMBER I find him up in the funiest places and I wonder sometimes how he got there. He has gotten out of his cot and we have NO idea how as there was no bang and no tears???????
    Jamie (DH) went to vegas and LA for 9 days a few weeks ago so I was single mum of 2 for just over a week. I take my hat off to all single mums, it was tiring. It was really eye opening to see what DH actually does when you think they dont do much at all.

I hope to pop in more regulary now I am on school holidays but time always gets away from me. So take care till next time.
    XX

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Deancey- Nice to see you in here... Sounds like everything is going well... How is the studying going with the 2 kids??? I have been looking into going back to study for a while as DS will be in Kindy next yr. either that or returning to work part time. Just throwing a few ideas around.

Nikki- DD is very clingy and sooky. She doesnt have a dummy but she also doesnt speak much either... Its nearly always sooking... I am trying to get her into different things so she can learn to be independent.I moved all the kids stuff back ont otheir rooms... No more small amount of toys in thr lounge room. I am trying to get T to play in her room so she learns its ok for me to be in the other room, She loves the kitchen and cooking things... (pots pans sppons etc)so i take them in her room and she bangs away. Anyone elses bubs like looking at books?? T would rather sit and flick through books then watch telly like DS does. Hopefully i may have a quiet little nerd in training... lol.

T has learnt to climb this week and has had a few boo boos. fell off the lounge, climbed and fell of 2nd shelf of change table. general falling over. Bit her lip, fell over near lounge and got a graze down her face... Fell of my bed after she climbed on it. Its never ending.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Just a quickie from Nice! How are you all??
    Bec - congrats, hun! That's awesome news and I look forward to hearing how you're going over the coming months! How exciting!!!

Things are going ok here with Aadi... he's trying to walk, but we have to discourage it a little bit as we're staying in my MIL's fabulous apartment and Aadi is trashing everything at every given opportunity, and then some more!! So he's being restricted to outings in the borrowed stroller a lot, and minimal time at the beach because he insists on eating the pebbles and then throwing them at me. He's being so affectionate, though, the rest of the time. Huge hugs and kisses. He's still waking up screaming thru the night usually an hour or 2 after going down for the night, and then he wakes again between 3 and 5 rolling around kicking and playing up. It's really hard, and I'm absolutely exhausted. DP and I are barely speaking to each other at the moment, because we're just too cranky. His brother and SIL and nephew are staying with us this weekend, and they are even more chaotic than me, so the tentative routine is out the window completely. They keep their 6-year-old up till 10.30 before having dinner... bloody Parisians! Sweet kid, tho. Loves Aadi to bits, but probably doesn't need to encourage the eating of Lego so much! They've all gone to Cannes today to go to a beach with sand, but Aadi and I are staying here in Nice to try and recover from doing the same thing yesterday. I just don't want to go to a beach where you have to pay heaps of money to sit on a crowded patch of sand packed with poser wannabe jetsetters in their designer bikinis, drinking ros? and smoking cigarettes! I come from Queensland, and even in Melbourne I can go to a gorgeous beach for free any time I like. And after all the filthy looks I got yesterday because Aadi was screming, well, I just couldn't be bothered.
    We're flying home on Wednesday, but won't be back until early Friday. 24+ hours of flying is going to be an absolute nightmare. And it's going to be so disgustingly cold in Melbourne... it's 30 degrees and glorious here every day. I don't think I'm going to cope.
    Better go email my mum, let her know I haven't sold Aadi yet...

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Hi girls sorry i have been MIA for a few weeks and will be again for another week or so.
    Hamish is going really well, running around everywhere now like a mad man. lol
    He climbs like crazy too, it is a bit of a worry sometimes as he is such a dare devil. Hamish has started this hitting thing which is very annoying and at first i was saying no naughty etc and it is not working so i am going to try ignoring and see if that works. He is a rough little man and i am worried he is going to wack other children, i can see he is becoming spoilt too, so i think we need to reassess a few parenting things and become a little bit stricter in some ways, although he is only one i guess we cant be too strict.
    Bec - congrats love that is just fab news. i missed the post, so when are you due?
    NaNa - back on Aussie ground soon, bummer sleeping is no better for Aadi.
    Tracey- good to see everything is going great for you and Liam, how is the nursing going?
    LMK - we are doing the only have dummy when sleeping now, remains in the cot, working ok atm.
    Sass - we have tantrums too but trying to ignore them as much as possible but becomes difficult sometimes.

Hi to everyone else i have missed.

Oct 2004
    Caroline Springs,Melbourne

Abb I think all kids go thru the hitting phase, Liam is biting at the moment, but only me.....so annoying. I think you are doing well by telling him NO and he will eventually get over it, it just takes patience.

NaNa Hope you have a nice flight home and the weather improves here a little for you on your return. The forecast for the rest of the week is pretty miserable though.

Well today I had 4 friends over and we had total 10 toddlers and 1 newborn. It was a CRAZY HOUSE. Liam only slept for 1/2 hr all day and was miserable from about 4.30 onwards.
    We are having such a hard time with his dinners. He wont eat what we are eating, he only wants jar foods. I worry that he wont eat enough so keep giving in and buying the jars. Are you kids eating regular meals with you guys now??? Jordan was by this age but I know they are all different.

Night all I am enjoying the quiet after a NOISY day

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Hi Mummas...

Yawn... So tired... not sleeping at night dispite staying up till all hours wearing myself out... i just toss and turn all night... BUT its not like i am waking up all that tired... Very annoying... Also i am late with AF... DP will freak out if i am UTD he isnt ready... i would love it to be but when i really think bout it were in some debt atthe moment so probably wouldnt be the best time. have an appointment next week so hopefully they come this week... COuld always be the return of the dreaded PCOS causing it but we'll just have to wait and see...

Deancey- Ouch on the biting... DD is into the open mouth kisses or sticking out her tounge and licking people. Also with the food... DD is the opposite to Liam... She wont eat anything i have to feed her... So all her food myst be self served... hehe... she just eats what we have now... but she is fussy she could live of peas and biscuts and fruit... lol. i have been trying to think of new things to make...

Abbie- My DS was like that... Still is... he is just a rough kid... The rougher the play the better... I think DP encouraged it too much (the wrestling stuff) so if you dont want it to continue i think ignoring and a simple sharp 'NO helps heaps.

I would deal with hiting or biting but this damn sooking is driving me batty... all T does is cry and sook... if u tell her no she balls her eyes out. if u take something off her or even dont pick her up she cries like you have broken her heart. Its aweful... think i have a real princess on my hands...

Anyone seen the babylove nappies... they have a new "poo Pouch" take a look very weird... ahahaha...

Anyways not much from me... off to brave the shops... just to do groceries but it will be packed from Big W toy sale... GRRRRRR

Anyone seen the new kids frozen meals at woolies??? u can get heinz kids stuff... they have like chicken and vege wedges, or just vege, they also have like little microwave meals... good for nights when u have limited time.

... 678910 ...