Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008

Hannahfroodoo I used brauers with Jordan as I could never get his wind up. You give it before each feed and its meant to help. Maybe ask your chemist to see if they can recommend anything for you. WOW you certainly have your hands full with 3 little ones. I hope you do manage to get some good sleep in here and there.

NaNa you sound as though you are cruising along so well. I cant beleive how out and about you have been. Well done on being so confident too with the BF in public. I know I was paranoid the first time around.

Well today has been great although we have been up since 5.30am thanks to DH alarm and Jordan waking up from it. Liam slept till 7.30am from 4am which was good. I fed him and he slept from about 9 to 1. I have fed him and he is now back in bed. Jordan had a visit from his uncle this morning so he has played non stop all morning. He is also down for a nap which is nice.
    I have to just put some washing in the dryer and then organise tea and I can relax for the day.
    Off to playgroup tomorrow, my 1st outing with the 2 boys on my own. I am a little nervous but atleast there will be plenty of mums to go gaga over Liam so I am sure I wont get stranded.
    have a great day everyone
    XX

Wow hannahfroodoo sounds like you have alot on your plate!! Hope you managed to get to the chemists ok, I just bought some infacol today as the last few days and nights bub has had the worst wind pains, I have put it down to my large family block of chocolate fettish and brocoli for dinner 2 nights in a row, so am cutting out chocolate and brocoli both of which I Love to see if that makes a difference I have also realised that my bircher museli I have eaten the past 2 mornings has dries fruit, so am going to stop that also and see what happens!!!

Deancey it is surprising how good you can feel after only having 6-8hrs broken sleep hey, I am waiting for the crash & burn....

How is everyone elses nipples?? Mine feel like they are going to fall off! So sore, the cracks have healed thanks to lansinoh but when she first latcehes on it takes my breathe away!! My left nipple then throbs for about an hour and if I bump it, wholly crap it hurts!! The joys of it all...

I had my first outing by myself & bub today, caught the bus and did the grocery shopping, timed it so we did not have to feed, bub was great, I carried her in a baby bjorn, she just looked around for about an hour, then fell asleep, very good. Felt great to be out of the house, first sunny day in a while.

Well I had better go and feed bub so then I can start on our dinner, pasta and sauce... NO ONION or GARLIC.....

Heres hoping we all have much better nights sleep than previos!!

Cheers Mecil

Mecil congrats on making your 1st trip out alone a success. LOL at eating block of choc, I did that and paid for it My boobs are ok. All healed up now. I would check you dont have thrush on nipples. When I was BF Jordan I did have similr pain and it turned out I had thrush and so did bubs in his mouth. If you check Zali mouth is it white???? Maybe see the chemist or doc.

Well tonight has been going ok apart from Jordan waking Liam with his loudness. Why dont 2 yrs olds understand "talk quietly" LOL
    Gonna chill on the couch for a while, Liam due to feed at 9 and then I might hit the hay with him.
    Heres to a good night sleep everyone
    XX

Quote Originally Posted by mecil80 View Post
    when she first latcehes on it takes my breathe away!! My left nipple then throbs for about an hour and if I bump it, wholly crap it hurts!!
    OMG I could have posted that exact same thing! Even down to it being the left one that hurts! No idea what that's about, but there is no white in Juliette's mouth so I just put it down to my nipples not being used to all the attention. Congrats on your first outing alone, we have't done one just yet, still got all of next week with Aaron home.

How did you go today Deancey? Other than Jordan being a bit too loud. Juliette ignores Zander's shouting, screaming, running round etc which is good. Though she does try to look for him when he talks quietly near her, too cute.

Wow, NaNa sounds like you & Aadi have been very busy in the last few weeks. I can't wait to be able to drive & get out a bit more. Though with Aaron home we've been doing a few different things.

Not a lot going on here. I finally got Juliette's room reorganised, I had the hammock out, but she wasn't a fan so I packed it away & rearranged everything back to how I wanted it. Not sure I should have been moving furniture around just yet, but I wasn't lifting anything, just pushing things around.

Mecil - youch! My nipples have healed pretty fast this time - the pain is almost gone now - but I can totally relate after the breastfeeding experience from hell last time around! I hope it gets better quickly! Well done on getting out of the house. You're brave to try public transport too! Wasn't it nice to see the sun out yesterday!

Deancey - How did playgroup go? We have recently moved and I miss my old playgroup.. Sucha great way to get out of the house with little kids.

Sarah - You are going to miss your DH after having him home so long! It's so nice to have that extra pair of hands, huh? Don't go shifting too much furniture!!

I went down to the chemist last night after DH got home so I still haven't braved an outing on my own. I am trying the 'Infant's Friend' wind drops. I think they helped some? We had a better night anyway. Only had an unsettled baby from 11pm till about 2am so at least I got some sleep. I'm really loathe to start cutting out food since I hate the thought of limiting my diet for so long but I guess if this keeps up I will have to think about it... blegh.

hannahfroodoo I know what you mean about thinking about your diet. On the one hand I want to eat what I want but then I dont want to suffer the consequences. I ate dim sims yesterday and dont think they agreed with Liam at all, he was very windy last night. I am glad you had a better night, infants friend seems to have done something for the girls.

Sarah I dont think you should have been moving furniture but I am same as you, I cant help myself. I hate having to rely on others to do things. I have been doing washing etc, no vacuuming as yet but will get the broom out today. Thats great Juliette will sleep thru Zanders noise. Liam is pretty good although there are times Jordan is WAY TOO LOUD and he gets startled.

Well playgroup was good. It was so nice to get out of the house even if only to playgroup. Liam fed before we left so he slept most of the time we were there. That meant I was able to pay attention to Jordan and he had a great time. The mums bought Liam a turtle stuffed toy, so nice of them. Liam was passed around a little but I didnt mind.
    I am surprised it wasnt as hard as I had expected. I guess if I had to feed him whilst we were there it would have been more difficult.
    Are any of you going to put bubs on EBM? I am returning to work on 1st sept as DH is taking 3 months paid paternity leave. I only get 3 months paid leave also so we thought better 1 of us be home and get paid and I think DH will enjoy being SAHD for a few months. I was thinking of trying Liam on the bottle at 4 weeks. I want to get him really used to it before I go back to work. I thought if he has one every second day for 1 feed he should be fine by the time I am back. I only work mon, tues, friday and sat so will still get to spend 3 days at home with my boys.

hope you are all having a great day
    XX

just popping in quickly between loads of washing and walkies! So nice to get out of the house without being shrouded in icy fog all day.
    I hadn't really considered changing my diet much, but after yesterday's fuss-fest and a fair bit of projectile milk vomit, I think I should skip the funghi pizza with taleggio cheese and truffle oil... just a thought! I don't know if it was the shrooms, the stinky cheese, or the stinky truffle oil, but I'll do us both a favour and go easy on it from now on! oye what a mess! In case you're wondering, milk does not make a good upholstery cleaner. Thank goodness for Ikea washable couch covers.

I had ouchy nipples for the first day before I left the hospital coz bubs was pinching a bit, and they hurt pretty bad when the milk came in, but Lansinoh helped immensely and I haven't had to use it since. I hope that you ladies suffering boobs-on-fire figure out what's causing it and get it sorted! That's excruciating. Pain is not your friend! Ask a lactation consultant or your MCH nurse, or maybe try nipple shields? I dunno...

I went out to the bellybelly centre the other day and picked up the cast I had done (at 38 weeks 3 days!). The centre's looking great. The cast looks amazing, and it was pretty hilarious when DP held it up in front of his tummy. It was pretty weird to see it up on the shelf in the centre, after they had loads of people thru there for the open day last weekend. So now they've all seen my bbs...
    I need to think of something to paint on it now, to decorate it. When I have time. Haha! and I only have one bebe to look after...
    Oh, and I've discovered one other important thing: There is NOTHING harder than a Bonds Easysuit. Just don't even bother, they are the stupidest things ever. Nothing easy about them whatsoever. Just my opinion, of course!

Wink

Hi everyone can I join you, I kind of watched you all as you were pregnant but never got round to introducing myself. my angel Emma was born 17.30 Thursday 29th May 6lb 9oz or 2.93 kg so only an ickle girl considering she was 11days overdue.

And now a week later im stll exhausted, have ventured out only twice and one was a little traumatic....but i guess the confidence will come.

you all sound like you coping well i hope to get to know you better

Lis

welcome Lis and congrats on your baby girl, she is a tiny tacker compared to my giant 4.1 kilo baby
    I am sure the confidence in going out will come. I was SO nervous with DS #1 going out. I spent most of the time in the parents room trying to stop him crying LOL. Just take it as it comes and try not to plan too much, its easier that way.

Well Liam woke for a feed at 4.30 and is already back asleep. I had to force the 2nd boob into him as he was so sleepy. LOL he is such a lazy boy.
    off to eat tea, chinese food YUMMY

Wow last night must if been the night for chinese we had it too.

Been a while but i will try and catch up.

Nipples yeah mine are fine now but a week or so ago i just wanted to wrap them up and never touch them again!!!!! After we got over that its all good now.

Yes hannah she is sooooooooo much more settled then the boys. Each baby is more settled then the last.

Welcome liz and first baby is much more stressful but don't worry you'll be a natural before you even know it.

Nana i would have loved to do a belly cast what a great way to remember being pregnant! I have to disagree i love the bonds easy suits but abbie is tiny so its really easy to get on and off as its still a bit big for her. Maybe when she grows a bit more it will be harder to get on. I have never tried nipple shields so i can't help you with that one. But just persist the pain does go away.

Deancy good to hear that jordan is helping mummy out and being a good boy for you. My boys are great cody is a great help and lachlan just loves his sister so not too stressful yet. I am also a super organised person so even if i fall a bit behind i am still very organised.

Mecil congrats on your first outing with bubs abbie loves her baby bjorn too. So do I its so comfy and easy to use.

Sarah good to hear that juliette is gaining weight nicely.

Hi to anyone i have missed, we are all going well abbie has a little cranky time daily but she has such a tiny cry so its really nothing. Hope everyone is well

Nikki

Good morning mummies

well what a difference cutting out chocolate, brocoli & dried fruit has made!! The past 2 nights have been great, bub has just fed, burped & gone straight back to sleep!! An hour in total to feed, change and put back in bed . I can live without chocolate, brocoli & dried fruit if it means we sleep much better. I didn't end up using the infacol as I noticed it said from 4 weeks on the bottle, so I will leave that for next time I eat something funny.

Welcome lis congrats on your tiny little girl, don't worry the first few outings are daunting, but don't worry about what other people are thinking bout, you will be doing a great job!!

Deancey I am glad you had a relaxing time at playgroup. I will be sending Zali to daycare from 1st of Sept with EBM, not sure when to start bottle feeding her to get her used to it, prob will start early August to give her a month to get used to it.

NaNa I am hearing you on the vomit fest from certain foods, it is a bit annoying that for 9 months you had to watch what you ate while preg now you have a new list of what not to eat while BF. At least I can now eat smoked salmon, brie, blue & camembert.... mmmm cheese.

Sarah that is so funny both of us are suffering from left boob pain... I have put it down to Zali having a chew while she is sucking, it hurts like hell when she does it and I have started taking her off and talking to her about it, she just looks at me, but hey. They are getting a bit better now, not hurting for as long, and I think I have calisis on both nipples so they are starting to toughen up.

LMK great to hear from you, hope is all going well with your bub.

I am off now to do the house work, vac, mop and tidy, hang out some washing etc etc.

Hope you are all having fun days.

Cheers

Mecil

Hi all... just a quick post. I stopped eating my easiyo yoghurt yesterday and the babies slept like angels. yeah!!! I'm so happy to have worked out what was causing Hazel so many problems.

We had a looooong outing at the shops today - got lots of looks and comments on the huge pram and spent 1.5hours in the mothers room feeding... We weighed the babies and they are weighing in at 3.6 and 3.7kg which is just about perfect since my due date was just this week. They've gained about 400g each in a week which seems crazy. How much milk must they be drinking??!!

Anyway, sorry for no personals - I'll be better next time! time to go and get dinner together and feed the bubs again. I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

Hi everyone. THought id join this post. My dd was born 12.29pm on the 29th May weighing 8 pound 4. Hamish has been breast feeding well and wakes twice a night at the moment, which is pretty good i think. My left nipple is very sore also (as i have read the same from a few of you), sometimes brings tears to my eyes when ds is attaching but seems to be getting a little better. Has anyone started expressing? I tried last night and only got about 40ml. Was a little frustrated as dp would like to give ds a bottle of an evening, but will keep trying.

hi ladies

well i am tired today. Liam was due for feed at 5.30am just as i finished and settled him Jordan woke up and didnt want to go back to sleep (this was 6.30am)
    So i have been awake since 5.30am and have done washing, baths, cleaned the shower and now just came back from meat shopping.

Hello Ladies

Welcome Abb34, congrats on the birth of your little girl. I expressed 20ml the other night and was stoked! I don't know how much bub drinks, I guess 20ml wouldn't touch the sides, but not really sure. Even if your DP gave bub the 40ml and you did the top ups on your breast that would still be nice?? Abb34 have you tried lansinoh for the nipples, it makes them feel alot better, just apply after each feed and it really soothes them, mine are getting much better now.

Deancey I feel sorry for you my dear! I only got 4 hours the other night as I ate chorizo sausage which gave bub REALLY BAD WIND so I feel your pain on missing out on sleep. Try to get a snooze in later today... good luck with that.

My list of what not to eat is getting alot bigger, now adding Chorizo Sausage to the list and blue cheese, both give bub excruciating pain.... poor little bugger, which means I get no sleep and DH too as we live in a 1 bedroom apartment.

hannahfroodoo I don't know how you do it, I had to feed bub while I was out and took 45mins, and I got frustrated at that, so an 1.5hr in the mothers room would have driven me crazy. Yay on figuring out what was upsetting your little one though! That is awesome that your girls are putting on so much weight too.

How often are you all weighing your babies?? I have only had Zali weighed once at her 10day check up. The chemist down the road has a nurse who comes along every thursday so maybe I should make that a regular day trip to get her checked out.

Having a nice relaxing day today after my brother, SIL & their 2 little kids 6 & 4 visited yesterday, very hectic with 2 little ones in our little apartment. Lucky Zali is a heavy sleeper. I did the vacuuming the other day while she was asleep and she did not even flinch. YAY!!

Getting off here now to hang up another load of washing. How much of that do you go through? It seems like I have at least 2 loads every day....

Have a lovely weekend.

Cheers Mecil

Mecil YES we are now doing more laundrey than ever. I forgot how many times newborns can get changed due to chuck/leaking nappies etc. Its excellent Zali can sleep thru the vacuuming, DH has vacuumed in our room whilst Liam was asleep there, it makes life a lot easier. Well done on the expressing also.

Abb34 congrats on thesafe arrival of Hamish and well done on the BFing. The pains do ease after a while. I would continue to take him off if you are feeling pain as his attachment may be just a little off.

Sarah hope you are having a nice weekend. How are you going? Is your scar healing better now?

LMK HOpe you are well also.

Well didnt get nanna nap yesterday but went to bed early and DH got up with Jordan this morning. I was able to sleep in till 9am (BONUS) We went to DH nannas house today and Jordan had a ball in her big backyard. Liam slept most of the visit and got lots of cuddles from his great nanna, she is smitten with both the boys and asked when I am having the next one OMG give me a chance.......
    Liam is sleeping really well. Last night I was having trouble settling him however and gave him to DH. He settled in less than a minute.....it was so funny.
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend

Well I realise now that Liam is going to be a routine kid also like Jordan. We kept him up more than normal tonight as we hadvisitors over and they were taking photos and we suffered for it. He was so unsettled and it took ages to get him to sleep. I am hoping he will settle ok overnight. Last night DH spent 2 hrs trying to settle him after I spent an hr feeding and settling.
    Hpe you all enjoyed the long weekend

Good morning all

Well my boobs are still burning and throbbing, so I am going to visit a lactation consultant, as I am seriously considering other options as bub is feeding so often during the day my nipples are not coping so well Does everyone else's bubs feed often during the day?? Zali feeds every 1hr-1 1/2hrs during the day and my poor nipples are just getting so sore she feeds for at least 20-30mins each feed too. She only feeds every 3-4hrs during the night. I am concerned she is not getting enough nourishment out of the milk to last the day?? I will also check this out with the lactation consultant but wanted to hear what your little munchkins are up to.

I am using a dummy now to try and get her to last longer between feeds but she keeps spitting the silly thing out I am quickly getting frustrated by having to keep putting it back in every 2-3mins.

Deancey I know what you mean about routine, we had 2 serious days of visitors and then also went over to DH Nans for Dinner and Zali was just so unsettled all night it was horrible. She was not getting much sleep during the day so I think she was over tired.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.

Will talk again soon.

Mecil

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast