Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #19

Jodie259 Guest

Welcome Ang...
    I've tried to make Shauns food a bit lumpier... For his sweet stuff I just mash a banana into it.
    For savoury meals I had some tiny pasta from a deli - it's REALLY tiny (smaller than rice). That mixes in with his meals well. I also bought some rissolli (?) pasta at the supermarket which was the tiniest pasta they had on the shelf.

I give him toast in fingers with crusts cut off. My hubby hand fed him his roast meal last week... lamb, chicken, peas, carrot, potato. He probably wouldn't eat that if it wasn't hand fed to him though

A great site which shows pictures of the quantity and consistancy of food is ... can't give a link... so go to google and type Children's hospital at Westmead. Then hit the Parents tab at the top... then the fact sheets on the left. At the bottom of that fact sheet is FOOD... This information was given to me by the sleep school as I was confused about what to feed Shaun.

Lea... good luck with 2nd chance offers.

Shazz... I hope Ryan improves. It's horrible when our little babies are sick...

Hey Jodie, did you have any power probs this week?

Shazz Poor little Ryan. I hope he's feeling better soon!!!

Welcome Ange!!! I cheat with consistencies and I will buy the store bought stuff to test Em on. And then if he copes well I will make my own to that consistency IYKWIM. Em has risotto, spaghetti etc - just mushed. I also offer him finger foods - he has vegimite on toast (cut into fingers), watermelon, cucumber sticks, pieces of roast meat - that's all I can remember right now. He doesn't have teeth yet so he doesn't eat the finger foods as much as suck and spit them out LOL.

Jodie Great advice re solids. I'm going to look for that pasta now!

Kim LOL @ Darcy chewing paper. Em's favourite thing is tissues - yeww!! Have fun at swimming!

Christine I would be happy to be a teacher hence the reason I applied. But I would prefer to be a midwife despite the shift work hehe!! So I'm just leaving it in the hands of fate. What is meant to be will be!

Thanks for all the well wishes girls!! Just thought I'd pop in before I rush off for the day. Lots of shopping to be done and cleaning! I have 6 loads of washing :eek: . We were so worried it was going to be a stinker for our weekend away... instead rain has been forecast!! And I was going to work on my tan LOL!! I'm just in the middle of making my shopping list so I suppose I better get back to it.

BFN!!

Jodie259 Guest

No problems with our power.... although I know some friends & family who lost theirs. It would be a real pain to have no power for hours on end... especially in the heat we've been having... makes for a romantic evening though.... candles, bath.... MMmmm... maybe I should go an pull out one of our fuses

Jodie259 Guest

Yay!!! I just phoned Target. They have a baby special on - and they have a hands free safety gate that is normally $89.99.. and it's been marked down to $53.99. There was no rainchecks... so I phoned the store first and they have one which they will put aside for me. But the bonus is that I've got one of those $10 off if you spend $50 at Target - so extra bonus!! - I will get the gate for $43.99 !!!! That will be more than 50% off. I'm so happy about that.

We have a safety gate up... but it's on a weird angle which really annoys my hubby.
    And I'm intrigued to find out how you can have a 'hands free' safety gate... will be handy! Actually... I'm just thinking... I've got two $10 vouchers... maybe I will get my mum to go and buy another gate...

That is a great way to look at it Jodie!!! I bet the people without power wouldn't be thinking that way though!! And that is a fantastic bargain!!! I have some of those Target vouchers but I haven't had anything to use them on yet!!

I'd be so bored without power!! Though it would give me a chance to catch up on some reading!!

Good news Jodie....maybe I'll go and redeem my thingy and get the baby bag so I can get one.....

Don't you hate it when you're cutting out a pattern, and you're a bit generous - and you end up short of material??!?!?! have to go to spotlight now....

Arghh Kim how frustrating.

Em is asleep and I feel like a nap with him... I'm so so tired!!

Pity I have to put away the shopping hey?

Yes very and they had run out of the colour I needed, so we'll just have to have a bit of hodgepodge - lucky it's only a shopping trolley cover.....

I gave Darcy tinned veges today for the first time. I wanted to see how she'd go with them now she eats a bit more - how bad do they smell??? Gross. Only using them for emergencies I think.

Uh oh, Darcy's started cruising - walking around the furniture.

Are you making a shopping trolley cover?? That is so cool!! I want to get one of them. I think they're about $30 to buy?

I'm not a huge fan of the tinned stuff. I do buy some of the jarred food like Beef & Plum, Butter Chicken and stuff like that - they taste alright and I use them when I go out. It saves having to keep my home made stuff cool.

Em has this talking teddy and he loves it. He lays there and just cuddles it and kisses it. Its so cute. I wish I could take a video of it for you all to see.

Its so bloody hot and humid here. I decided that I don't like humid LOL. I swear that's why I've got a headache!!!

I've only seen them for about $60 Nat, that's why I'm making one....the germophobe in me can't cope much longer without one. Spotlight have some material for $1/metre, so it works out about $6 all up, but I'll make mine before I offer to make you one - just incase it turns out crappy.

That's why I wanted to try her on it. When I did initially she hated it, but we're going to Tassie in March and I figure I can't take my own.

I ask lots of dumb questions - so here's another.
    Went to Target today cos of the sale, but can't figure out what size winter stuff to buy. She's only about 7.6kg and has been for ages. 0 are up to 10kg and about 78cm and 1 to 12kg and 84cm. She's currently a 0 length wise but is still only tiny....I have no idea.

oh forgot to say happy eight month Emmerson and happy 9th month Ryan ( his not a baby anymore )

Kim its not a dumb question and I have no idea either. It doesn't help that some brand0 and 00 are the bloody same size!! Em is still so skinny - only just fits into 00 bottoms and is better off in 000 bottoms. But he wears 00 and 0 tops!! If she's in 0 she possibly will be a size 1 by winter!

I hope it turns out well. I think they are a cool idea. Where did you get the pattern from? Or did you design it yourself. I was just thinking today that I really needed one - as I watched Em suck on the trolley *ewwwww*

Maybe try Darcy on the jarred stuff because you said she eats most of your food. The jarred dinners have a lot more flavour so she might be interested more then just vegies?

I just made risotto for Em and the bloody s*** threw it around everywhere LOL. I better get him cleaned up and get going to the shops yet again!

BFN

ETA Thanks Shazz!!!

that's why i like pumpkin patch suff KIm you can get pants etc with the adjustable waist target has a few item with adjustable waists but not a very big range at all Ryan is 8.9 kg and is wearing size 1 shirts and 0 pants and some pumkin patch size 00 pants all in ones he is wearing a size 00 but very nearly into a 1 ( just for length) my poor boy has duck's disease (bum short to the ground long torso ) it is so hard buying clothes for the next season:eek:

I have some PP stuff....12kg/84cm just seems so long away....wish i had that disease....my torso's so short my boobs are good and still look like they're on my waist LOL.

Happy 8/9 months Em and Ryan.

Is he feeling better??

You make me feel guilty Kim!!! Sewing!! I had to buy a trolley cover it was $39 at the chemist, Riley loves being in the trolley seat, they are such a great idea, they didn't have them when the girls were little I used to get hysterical about them sucking the trolley handle.
    BBL Riley is whingy and DH no help at all!

Kim~ he has stopped throwing up but the other end eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww he has had 5 short naps today but nothing long enough for me to lie down with him so i am absolutely stuffed so i'm doing bottles and going to bed nite everyone

Nite love, hope you get some rest.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast