Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #4

Just a quick one, Lachie likes the pidgeon too Nat, they are meant to be the same as your nipple apparently, saves the confusion especially when I am still b/f and having to express sometimes when he won't attach.

Going to lactation consulatant soon, hopefully she can give me some tips on getting him to attach after medicine, this is driving me nuts!!!

I really don't want to give up b/f and I don't want to express forever, it upsets me that I might have to!

Wow Em is so heavy now, wow my little boy is only 4kgs.

Nat, I have emailed Mitch4now about the teats, I couldnt leave a message because I am not a platinum member. It definitely is a cheaper way to try them out, heaps cheaper and never used. Thanks for the link.

Hi Girls!! Thanks for all the congratulations, i really appreciate them.

So Briley is going well. She is growing heaps everyday, along with her hair!! I swear she is going to have a pony tail by the time she is 6 months old!! She already has a little rats tail. She is still having a few issues with conjuctivitis and her belly button though. She has had the conjunctivits since birth and her belly button just won't heal. The umbilical cord was cut way too long by the midwife who delivered her and had to be re-cut by another midwife on the ward. The cord fell off a few days later and had a bit of an infection in it. Now it's not infected but just won't heal. Our Dr gave us some cream for it but its a cream and not really a drying agent. It really need something to dry it out. I'll have to go back and see him. Her conjunctivits went away with eye drops and has just come back again. Has anyone else had these problem with their babies??? I have also made the mistake of getting her used to the dummy!! A lot of it is Brents fault cause even when she is'nt crying he offers it too her! I read that it should be used as a soother not for putting them to sleep and now she won't go down without it. I'll have to try and wean her from it already!! Does anyone else use them??

Mummy - Hi!! I don't think we've met. Anyways i'm Sara!! Nice to meet you. You'll have to fill me in about yourself. Here is a bit about me... I was a regular on BB but my computer got a virus and had to be put in the shop. Since then i really had'nt been bothered. I am a first time mum. My due date was the 30th May but Briley decided to make her entrance on the 5 June. If you read my birth story you would've read about how my pregnancy went. So yeah, thats pretty much it. If you would like to know anything else, just ask!! ANYWAYS!!!! Yeah i am trying to BF aswell as FF. I was exclusively BF but did'nt think she was getting enough so i tried her on formula and she took to it straight away. She does feed from both my boob and the bottle when i offer them. I really want to keep up with BF but FF is easier cause i know she is'nt getting enough out of my boob. At least with the bottle she is. But yeah she took them both very well. Sorry for the short story i've written!!!

Kelly - How you goin mate?? I will definetely be going and having a read of your birth story. I love to read other women stories. You should put it on BB. Im sure there are others on here who'd like to have a gander at it!! I still can't believe i gave birth and i have a little girl from it!! Its still so surreal. So you've go 2 boys now. How's that been??

So things are going pretty much normal with me. I got my first period which has been pretty heavy and is on it's 7th day. My periods before i fell pregnant lasted 3-4 days so i hope they aint going to last this long from now on. After going through the lochia for the full 6 weeks i get my period 3 days after that finishes!!!

I went too family planning last week to speak about getting mirena inserted but they would'nt let me because i was planning to have another baby within 2 years and they use that for more of a long term contraception. I also have to go back and see the Dr about some issues they were having "investigated"(as they put it!!) before i fell pregnant. They may want to continue the "investigation". I was booked in for a hystercoscopy and a laproscopy to look at my ovaries. I was on strict orders not to fall pregnant and walah!, I fall pregnant!!

I hope all is going well with everyone in mummyhood!! I am loving it. Despite a bit of sleep deprevation the last couple of nights!! I tried to put Briley's picture onto my ticker but it said the image was too big so i'll have to work something out so that you guys can see her. She is beautiful you kow!!

I am going to read kel's birth story now. I will be back later on in the week. Talk to you all then

Ciao!

I use the Tommee Tippee teats for the wide neck bottles as well. Pat seems to like them more than the normal teats. While he was in hospital they got him used to normal teats but I have put him back on the wide neck because I find they are easier to hold. (plus the kids rather hold them when they are feeding him!)

Hi Sara, I'm new in here as well. Patrick was due on the 23rd June but came on the 24th May, I spend my time swapping from the june thread back to here! Patrick is my 6th child and I have three at school and now three at home.
    Yeah i am trying to BF aswell as FF. I was exclusively BF but did'nt think she was getting enough so i tried her on formula and she took to it straight away. She does feed from both my boob and the bottle when i offer them. I really want to keep up with BF but FF is easier cause i know she is'nt getting enough out of my boob. At least with the bottle she is. But yeah she took them both very well. Sorry for the short story i've written!!!
    i'm doing this with Patrick as well. My milk isn't strong enough for him and the doctor wanted me to try keeping up the BF as well as giving him a FF.

Kellee, I don't know how well this owuld work for the wind pain, but it can't hurt to find out. Peppermint tea, a very weak solution works for adults (peppermint boiled in water for a few minutes).

So glad you're back Sara, did you get my email?

Great weight Nat, you're doing something right!

Sheree I have a skinned rabit, 4kg is 4kg and that's heavier than when he started.

Hi to everyone else. Any luck with a house Jess? Is Pat OK?

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Kellee - Sorry if I was confusing ... I am going back fulltime, but when I said I'll only be away 3.5 hours at a time - start work at 8:30, lunch at 12 for an hour, home at 4:30, Mon-Fri.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi girls,

Sara ~ Hi Sara, just a bit of info on me, I am 29 (30 in 9 days OMG) I have two children Samuel almost 3 and Phoebe 2 1/2 mnths, both born by C-Section. I have been happily married for 5 years, keen scrapbooker & SAHM. (for now anyway) Loved Briley's birth story, it brought a tear to my eye, but most birth stories do...I'm such a sook. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Sheree ~ hope everything goes well with the lactation consultant, and you get a few ideas to make it a bit easier.

Lea ~ wow, Em is doing great with his weight, keep doing what ever it is that you are doing. Phoebe's last weigh in, she was 4.6kgs, she should have cracked the 5kgs by now....and that reminds me, I should really get around to getting her weighed again.

Well my little cherub is doing well, she is over her virus and is just a wonderful, happy, content sweet little girl. Definately no probs with her, feeding and sleeping fantastically, being a right little angel. What more could I ask for!!!

Take Care X

Well ladies my little man is currently dressed in a 000 one piece suit awwwww he grew bigger LOL!!! When did that happen. Must have been when I wasnt looking!!!

Sheree ~ I was thinking that he was the small one of the group but I guess he is a little tubber after all!! I hope you solve your problems regarding Lachie and feeding after medicine. TBH I would never have picked up the Pigeon teat because of the word silicon which just put me off. But they were the only ones there so I thought Id give them a go. Im glad that I did they are great for Em and easy to clean. He is taking anywhere up to 180mls in 20 mins rather then over an hour which is great!!

Kim ~ It is a good weight hehe!

Vic ~ Are the Pigeon bottles wide necked ones?

Alison ~ No probs I hope that they work for you! Saw your pic of Cooper on your MSN pic and its gorgeous!!!

Sara ~ I hope Brileys conjunctivitis and belly button problems clear up for you soon. My fist period was pretty heavy as well I was back in maternity pads!! You will just have to resize the picture real small to fit on there. Cant wait to see her!!!

Jess ~ I hope that Patrick is doing well. How is the house hunting going?

I am baking a cake and waiting for The OC to come on the finale tonight and Im excited LOL. I went to join the gym tonight but I havent joined up just yet. Its $16.50 a week for a full club membership which is gym ,classes, pool, sauna etc and for an annual fee of $20 the crche is available as well. Im not sure if its a good price. Im also worried I wont be able to get there enough to make it worth it and Ill need to check the availability of the crche. You have to join for 12 months and its a $99 cancellation fee. It has just been refurbished and it is an amazing gym state of the art equipment and a huge variety of classes and times. I think Im just afraid of the commitment LOL I would be able to make it at least 3 or 4 times a week itll just be making myself go which would probably be a good thing. What does everyone think? Ill BBL

OK That post wouldn't post and I kept trying and trying LOL... so now I will try again with this addition:

Mummy ~ I'm pleased as well after all the worry about him feeding and not feeding! Now with him drinking even more I'm a little worried about him growing out of all his cute stuff!!! I don't want to get too big too quick LOL!!! Phoebe sounds like a gorgeous little girl!! Have you considered taking her or Samuel to play gym at the Starplex?

Nat that's a fantastic price perweek. Some of the gyms in Sydney are $18 just for a casual visit. The pigeon teats fit on all the wide necked bottles. I use mine with Avent and they are just a bit shorter so you have to cover the teat hole with your finger when you shake the bottle instead of the lid blocking it. Darcy has been in 000 for a few weeks too, though she still fits in one outfit thats 00000. The sizes are so erratic.

Vic that stick is called silver nitrate. Poor Adam hope he starts to improve.

Sheree, good luck with the lact cons. Don't stop asking questions until you are satisfied. After all they aren't the ones stuck with the upset bub 24/7.

I got my taxback this week and have just done Dh's. I know what you mean Vic about all the bills together. We have 2 regos due right now.

Vic ~ Yep I put him in a 000 suit the other week and the feet were still flapping LOL. He has been wearing the 000 pants and tops for a bit though even though they are still too big LOL. But last night I thought I'd try again and they are a perfect fit!! The creche is all brand new and seems great - but I haven't checked out the staff fully yet. When I said about dropping him off at the creche while I did a class rather then relying on family/friends etc a friend said to me "You want other people wiping his arse...?" with this look.... Am I being too laid back? It'll only be for an hour (45 min class)... Poor little Adam - I hope he's feeling better! And I would love a treadmill too - my mum does have one.

Kim ~ I'm about to lodge my tax this week so I can't wait to get some back! The casual visits here are $12. Sizes are definately too eratic. I'm so paranoid about him missing out one wearing a new outfit because the sizes were out rofl - I'm such a dag!! I'm so indecisive about the gym... maybe I should wait until Em is in a routine? I can't put him in the creche until he is 3 months anyway...

Em is asleep again. He seems to be settling into a routine *I won'thold my breath though lol*... He has a bottle, is awake for a few hours and then sleeps for a few hours before waking for his next bottle. This has started from when I changed his teats over and he started having more at each feed. LOL speak of the devil.... he's awake!

Hi all, I'm new in here so first I will tell you a little about myself. I've just turned 27 my partner Chris will be 30 next month. Chris and I moved to QLD from Melb about 18mths ago so we could buy a house and finally start a family. Well we bought our house before we moved and we now have our beautiful baby boy Jayden Nicholas born on 26th May 06. Our only real problem we have had has been BF Jayden and I had been seeing a lactation consultant for about 5 or 6 weeks, Jayden had also lost a little bit of weight after we came home from hospital. I'm not always convinced he has had enough from me but he is now putting on weight and having plenty of wet nappies. Well thats the short version haha no doubt in time I will reveal more haha.

Sara: I started using a dummy with Jayden when he was just 4 days old as we were going out for dinner and he wouldn't settle since then I seem to always use it especially to go to sleep. Jayden will spit it out though or screw his face up if he doesn't want it, my plan is to take it off him completely at around 12mths, whether that happens or not is another thing though haha

Sheree: Are you going to The Base in Bundaberg? That where I went and she is fantastic, I would not be BF now if it wasn't for her. I had attachment problems as well as cracked nipples that were bleeding and poor Jayden was throwing up my blood that he was drinking, we are still having a bit of trouble with supply but we are working on it.

Anyway looking forward to meeting and getting to know all of you

Tania

Hey Tania!! Glad to see you made it here!!

A bit about myself... I had Emerson on the 18th May and he is lactose intolerant so is on a special formula which meant I couldn't BF for long! I don't live with Em's father (DP) at the moment (we are working towards this) so I'm virtually a single mum! Oh and I'm absolutely in love with my little man lol!!

Sounds as though you perservered really well with the BF - you must be so proud!! Glad to hear that he is gaining weight as well. I love the name Jayden. I was going to use it myself until DP came up with Emerson!

Sara ~ I remember reading about the dummy situation but I can't remember replying LOL... Em has the dummy during his day time sleeps but will settle at night time without it. He uses it alot more now since his shots but mostly just throughout the day. Sometimes in the early hours of the morning he will cry and I'll wack it in and he'll go back to sleep until the morning.

Sheree ~ How did you go hun?

Not much happening here... I'm about to go and do some ironing. I'm finding it really strange having Em asleep during the day LOL. Prior to this he would just cat nap every other 20 mins or so... so this strange... I will get used to it I'm sure - then he will change back

Nat you're not too laid back. It's only for an hour. They won't even have to change a nappy or feed him in that time.....

I LOVE the dummy Sara. It's not the end of the world. If she's happy it's no-one elses choice is it?

This isn't funny anymore. I have a third AF in six weeks!!!!! Who else is on the mini pill and what is it called. Maybe that's what's doing it. I have never had anything like it before.

Ooh and to edit a second time, Welcome Tania and Jayden.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; July 26th, 2006 at 04:01 PM.

Kellee Guest

Hello ladies,

Sorry I havent been posting as often lately I have had my hands full around here and when I have time DH is hogging the net. Maybe when he goes back to work next week it will be better, but then Ill have to look after the two terrors on my own so maybe not!

Alison wow, sounds like Cooper is growing like a champ! What a good boy. How is the constipation going?

Shazz sounds like youve got a good plan with the weight loss. The exercise bike is a good idea too my mum lent me a second hand one she got for $25 from lifeline and I try to get on it if I havent gone for a walk. I go walking everyday for at least an hour (sometimes up to one and a half hours). Im doing a challenge with a friend of mine to exercise every day so if I dont one day I exercise twice the next day to make up for it. How much do you have to lose? I reckon after the baby weight I had around 12 and Ive lost 3 so far. I have 9 more to lose in 10 week to be back at my WW goal weight. Fingers crossed! When is the wedding you have to go to?

Lea glad you had some time to yourself, but youre supposed to RELAX, not do housework! I can talk Im exactly the same. Hows the feeding going today? And you are SO not being too laid back about the crche. Its good for him and you. Does this friend have kids? Maybe she has a full time nanny, or lives with her mum or something, but how dare she say that to you! Just slap her next time, ok? Love the new pic too! What a cutie.

Sheree I agree with whoever said to keep pestering the lact consultants until you get some results. I hope it all works out for you. How is your recovery going these days?

Sara I know it sounds weird, but Vics idea about the bm does work. Toby got a slight touch of conjunctivitis and it cleared it right up. I dont use a dummy with Toby (only because I saw my aunty have some real problems weaning one of my cousins from it) but its completely up to you. You do whatever you have to do to get through. Brileys only a tiny thing, so Im sure you can gradually wean her off it at the right time when shes a bit older. Maybe, if youre worried about it, you could give it to her to settle her down and once shes calm take it out so shes not actually going to sleep with it? I do a similar thing with bf with Toby if hes due for a feed when hes ready to go down I feed him until hes either relaxed or almost asleep then pop him in the cot. He usually wakes up and has a bit of a grizzle but then I go in and settle him and he goes off to sleep. Im sure youre doing an awesome job.

Vic go Adam! He is a tank, isnt he? Sounds like we have some strapping boys in this forum! BTW, you can hire treadmills if you cant afford to buy one my Mum and almost SIL have gone halves in hiring one $220 for 3 months because almost SIL is marrying my brother in 10 weeks so they want to look good! Poor little Adam about the sickness I forbid it to re-enter your house!

Mummy right, I officially dislike you now. LOL Not really! Sounds like youve got one perfect bub there. Wish she could come and show mine a thing or two! Glad to hear shes over her virus its so scary when theyre sick.

Tania welcome! And congratulations on the birth of Jayden. Its always great to have new people in here. Im glad you got the bf thing sorted out a good consultant can make all the difference.

Kim omg about AF. That is weird. Have you seen a gp about it? I just got a script for the minipill and now Im nervous about it! Is it really heavy?

Still having the windy problems. Im wondering if it has something to do with the fact that he feeds so often (so hes swallowing more air). I might start expressing a bit again to bump up my supply to see if that makes a difference. I really dont want to go to formula if I can help it (only because it takes more time and energy and Im lazy!), so Im going to do the best I can. Hes still feeding 2-3 hourly, more 2 than 3 hours though. He did go 4 hours the other night and 3 hours last night, so I know he can do it. He last fed around 3.30 pm so Im going to do my darndest to make him wait until at least 6, later if possible. Anyway, I think one big boy has woken up and I need to go and make the bases for my yummy pizza that were having tonight. Hope youre all well.

Jodie259 Guest

I went to sleep school today with Shaun !!!
    Our main problem is that he goes feral from 6pm to midnight - every single night. He doesn't sleep at all.... he cries most of the time.
    Unfortunately sleep school runs from 9am to 3pm, so I didn't think I would get much from it. He is usually 'well behaved' during those hours.
    But I picked up a few tips, and right at the end he started to play up a bit. The nurse was trying to settle him, but couldn't and he was 'different' than earlier in the day. I explained that was a 'taste' of what he is like in the evenings. Multiply that by 3 or 4 and persistant for 6 hours. Then she realised why I was there! All she could come up with is she thinks it's colic. But he has wind drops, he burps, he farts like a trooper, and he doesn't appear to have any tummy pain. And the GP said he didn't have colic or reflux. So I'm not sure if colic is his problem.

But I went home, and tried out the techniques of settling. And it seemed to work. I was surprised that they didn't believe in swaddling as they think it represses their movement skills (or something like that). Shaun doesn't like being swaddled, but if I don't swaddle him - he flings his arms around all night - hitting himself in the face all the time, and knocking his dummy out. But I settled him tonight without swaddling.
    And although he got fairly feral tonight... he settled down around 10pm, so we've had 2 hours of silence which we don't normally get! And he didn't have to co-sleep which we sometimes have to do.
    I gave him a bath in our big spa with me tonight. He loved it. It's like a swimming pool to him. But as usual, he got upset when he came out of the water (so much for relaxing him!!!).
    I've also increased his formula amount a bit. He's two months now and 5.5kg - so he should be on more than 125ml. Hopefully the bigger feeds will satisfy him a bit more. As a first time mum - I was never told by the hospital to increase his formula. In the first week home he was losiing weight as I was meant to increase it every few days. I really believe first time mums should be allowed to stay in hospital longer if they wish, so they can ask questions and get settled. I was in hospital 4 days and I'm 38yo, and I was petrified when I came home with Shaun! I had no idea what to do.

wow so quiet in here where are you all

Don't know Jodie, I was in 8 days and left with HUGE feeding issues. Shame they can't set up some sort of drop in centres for new mums with the right resourses and info all in the one spot with no waiting list.
    Darcy terrified me too.

Kellee, the minipill's light - that's the point, but I think that's what's doing it. If you aren't used to the pill tho....I've been on it 10years and fell pregnant straight after I stopped so my poor body is used to bigger levels of hormone I think.

Well the monster thought it would be cool to crash the slumber party around 2.30 this morning (it only started at 1.30), and has pretty much been awake since. I'm fighting with her to go to sleep now and am contemplating going to be myself afte I wash up.... The inlaws rang today and upset DH all over again. They are just irritated we aren't doing what they advise and are standing u to them. They refuse to say they are in the wrong and apologise and are acting like 5 years olds not parents. Poor DH he is stuck between what he feels he should do and what he wants to do. He doesn't want to be with them but doesn't want Darcy to miss out. I don't want her around selfish people and have told him they are NEVER going to look after her. I think he's hurt that I'm suuch a cow, but I have no emotional attachment to them so don't care. They even went crook that his sister saw him on the motorway writing a ticket and slowed down and beeped and that he ignored her! There's like a hundred thousand cars on the motorway - he didn't even see her. Grrrrr

Ahhhhhh she won't go to sleep!!!!

Crappy crappy day

Kim~ Urgh @ the ILs!!! I think just due their disabilities (I remember you mentioning this before) alone I would hesitate to leave a newborn with them add their attitude along with it and Im with you. I think they need to compromise you are the mother!! And I cant believe the sister LOL hes a police officer that who would get tooted at various times when he pulls someone over I imagine why would he pay attention to that!!! I hope Darcy has settled down for now! It sounds like a horror night you poor thing. Just when you think youve got them worked out I have no advice about the mini pill BTW sorry! And I think it is only for an hour (with the gym) and no my friend doesnt have kids! Im not sure if I will join yet its a 12 month membership and its a lot of $ to be committed for. I dont think Im ready yet to have to do something IYKWIM. I like having no commitments and just doing what I want with Em. I wont like it forever but its nice for now.

Jodie ~ Shaun sounds like he doesnt like the evenings!! So glad that the sleep centre seemed to help. I have my fingers crossed that it gets better for you. How much is he on each feed now? Em generally has 180mls 5 times a day now that Ive changed the teats over. Hes been so much more settled since as well.

Kellee ~ I LOVE your huge posts LOL!!! I know I should do things for myself but I actually enjoy housework and having a clean house LOL. If DP hadnt of bought Em back early I would have had a chance to sit down and read for a bit. Ive been reading the same book for over 2 months so its really time that I finished it LOLThanks on the pic compliment too. I think he looks gorgeous! The blue makes his eyes stand out even more! I took heaps so I will have to update his site as well! I hope Toby improves with his wind and those little pizzas sound delicious!!! I hope you enjoyed them!

Well my cousin came over today and we had lunch and then watched DVDs. Em is asleep atm and Im just waiting for DP to come home. He is cooking me too tonight which will be nice! Just trying to catch up on some posting as I havent been on all day

Just had to add Em is dressed in his Adelaide Crows one piece suit LOL. My mum is a fan and bought it for him when he was born!! Its very cute hehe but DP wasnt impressed as hes a soccer man!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast