Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #43

Just popping in quickly I want to go to the market before it rains again (not that I am knocking the rain we really need it!)

Thank you for all your thoughts and wishes for my mum, I haven't heard anything else since but she is getting another checkup on the 06/12. I am pretty confident everything will be ok as it is early....So only positive thoughts here (My mum isn't so confident I don't think).

Shazz: How are you feeling, I know what attitude I had when I was 12 going on 21.....I hope things settle between you two....you know deep down she loves you! I would get that kind of response from my mum too. She always said she hoped when I have a daughter that i have the same troubes as she had with me.

Christine: How are you going? I hope things are looking up for you...YAY on the Christmas tree, can't believe its Dec already! I better get my tree out....not sure how long it will last with Jayden around it though.

Kim: Oh no about the kitchen! I hope nothing I got it recalled, i can't remember what I have on layby haha. Hows Darcy's temp now?

Elissa: How exciting, you would have the Blossom by now wouldn't you? It isn't the best name but then as Kim said there are a lot worse names out there.

Did I mention my niece's pony had a foal last week (or the week before)?? OMG my memory is bad lately! He is so cute and Jayden goes nuts over him. The foal was sleeping and we were patting him, I asked Jayden if he wanted a pat he had to be very quiet as Winton (niece named him) was asleep, so Jayden puts his finger to his mouth and says SHH SHH SHH and went closer as he got closer he'd laugh hysterically and scared mummy pony about 3 times, then he finally got close enough to pat him.....and for once he was gentle. The foal tried to walk up to Jayden a little later but Jayden got a bit worried and backed up to me, they are about the same size so Jayden was a little intimadated I think.

Oh I saw a pic of Jodie & Shelli......Jodie looks great and Shelli is gorgeous!

Well this turned out longer than I expected! Have a great day

Thanks for the info re the pain killers. I'll have to go the shops this arvie.
    WEll today I am jsut doing all the things around the house that I did not get done yesterday. Not much at the markets. But I did get two little bikinis for kaitylyn for $18. We have a pool chrismtas party for the family next weekend so I thought I better get her some new ones, she's not really fitting into the 0's anymore he he.

off to the do the washing FUN FUN FUN

BBL

Oh no Leanne, that's awful. Hope you get some relief. I'm having a day a bit like yours today...well I'm supposed to be. This is my reward for getting a job done lol. Hmmm dunno about the spewing....maybe it is the temp of the millk. She's been off the zantac ofr ages hasn't she? I've got gastro again so there are still lots of bugs. I know that the dargon won't eat anything at the moment - nothing at all.

Oh Shazz, got that to look forward to I guess....

Cool a baby pony Tania! Darcy is absolutley terrified of any kind of animal.

maybe the temp of the milk. did not think of that. I am still warming it, try it cold?

Arrrrggghhhh she's so naughty today she's driving me insane!!!!!

Riley has been whinging most of the day and driving me nuts!Jess' BF got back from schoolies and came to pick her up so now she can stop moping LOL
    Another 5 days of work this week! We find out our classes for next year tomorrow- I want Yr 1 with my friend Amy, yr 2 or Yr 6 in that order so it will be interesting to see what actually happens. the boss didn't even ask us for our preferences this year he's just telling us what we are having.
    Hope all the sick people are feeling better, my cough is still annoying but at least its only for another month or two according to the health department!

Christine Thank you thank you thank you i can't say that enough your post re my darling daughter helped tremendously my husband said that same thing (well just about ) he told me i pick the wrong fights forget the little crap and go whole hog on her for the majors - what are your thoughts on that i think if i let all the little crap go she wouldn't pull half as much big crap does that make sense ?

I have found that ignoring small stuff helps as long as she doesn't get too ****y IYKWIM? My prob is DH overreacts to everything so that makes the situation worse. I am learning to give a little and loosen the reins a bit which means she is starting to respect it more when i do say no cause its not like I say it all the time. Hard as it is i try to keep the lines of communication open so that she'll confide in me, often I hear things i don't want to hear about what her friends are up to, but its worth it and I am careful not to betray her trust (I would if someone was in danger and she knows that)
    Its a long hard road but hopefully they'll apologise profusely when they grow up (I did to my mum LOL)

I have the opposite problem My Dh says nothing ever it is always me that is the bad guy and he loves swooping in giving a hug it is like he is saying isn't mum mean i'm not very frustrating

kim - good on you for just having a veg out day, sometimes thats all you can do in the heat. Poor santa, as if he needs the extra work so close to the big day! I love the look of that kitchen too, but apparently its too girly for Archie (DH can be a bit of a loser at times!), Arch already has the house one anyway, shame i can't trade in the house for the kitchen! Why has it been recalled? oh Kim, Arch is really naughty today too, tantrums galore here this morning, he only got 8 hours sleep last night, he is back in bed already! Hope Darcy's mood improves this afternoon after her sleep

Christine - i dont reckon we'll have a christmas tree this year, that sounds awful doesn't it! We dont have one yet, and money is very tight fo the next 2 months, i reckon by next xmas Archie will really appreciate decorating it and not wrecking it.

Gosh guys, you are rally scaring me about the teenage years! Im sure your girls will thankyou and apologise when they are mums themselves.

shazz - sending you lot of get well wishes

leanne - i hope Katy isn't sick. Maybe the milk is too much for her now? i hope its nothing yucky.

tania - its great that you are staying positive about your mum, i wish her all the best. i am starting to get used to the dog's dorky name LOL. tahts so cute about Jayden and the foal, i reckon Arch would love to pat a foal, what a great experience for Jayden!

Blossom (the dog) is settling in well, she was very timid the first couple of days, but today she has been great. She still has stitches in from being desexed so will have to find out when i need to get them out. Archie loves her and she loves Archie, she gets SO excited when she sees him, they were following each other around the yard yesterday and Archie came up and told me "eader, eader" translated this means "we are playing following the leader", very cute.

Jay, Arch and I went for a drive around last night to see some xmas lights, Archie was right into it, squealing everytime we saw some and yelling "more more more!" everytime we drove off.

Jay's xmas show was really boring, i feel so sorry for him having to work with such dumb people, sounds harsh but its true! i had anxiety attacks so we came home fairly early, i really missed Archie as mum took him so early in the morning, i woke up at 7am and called him on the phone!

Archie's dummy is becoming a bit of a problem lately, he likes to have it in his mouth all day, which really annoys me as he doesn't talk as much, am trying to teach him that it stays in bed, so now that he can't have his dummy during the day he carry's Tigger around everywhere with him, at least Tigger doesn't impede his communication i spose.

I am having a boring housework, grooming the dog day, i am still in my dressing gown cause all my clothes are on the line

Christine: I hope you get the class you want!

Shazz: Chris is always "the good one" too its annoying! But then tells me off if I don't disipline Jayden (he can't do it though!).

Elissa: Jayden is going through the same thing with his dummy ATM. We had that he puts it under his pillow when he wakes up and he only has it at sleep time, he was happy with that. Then the last week or so he has been wanting it constantly, usually we can distract him but not lately he was hysterical when I dropped him at MIL's this morning until we gave it to him. Last night he layed on me on the couch for about an hour without moving or falling asleep, I think that has something to do with his needles last week. Jayden isn't allowed to play if he has his dummy, he has to sit on his couch and not move.....He understands and gives me back his dummy if he wants to get up. I think its his way of giving himself timeout haha who knows but I hope it stops soon! That is great that Blossom is settleing in...how cute her and Archie playing "eader"!

I took lunch early today, I felt so sick! I feel better now I've eaten....probably until I get back to work haha

evening all
    Guess what i've done it OMG i've done it i sent my uni application wow ... i can't believe i finally did it and only 2 months early LOL now just to get in and now i'm stressing cause i didn't register the parcel **** i hope it gets there

Well done Shazz!!
    I GOT YEAR 1 !!!! Woo hoo, I don't even have to change rooms! Amy got it too so we are really pleased.

Fabulous Shazz!

Congratulations Christine!

Good to hear blossoms settling in Elissa and that she's good with Archie. What sort of show was it? Pooh to him about the kitchen - perhaps if more little boys had kitchens etc the world might be a more cohesive, co-operative and less chauvanistic place....can you tell I'm passionate about stuff like that? (I work in a male workplace too)

tania - its good to know that its not just Archie who is so fixated on the dummy atm, you just reminded me about Archies needles, he hasn't had any type of reaction to the needle yet, so maybe it is catching up wit him today, he is slightly warmer than usual and very clingy and tired. The last couple of days i have been telling Arch that dummy is for sleeping and it stays in bed, but it is hell without it so i keep giving in, AF is here this week so i might try and be stronger with the dummy rules next week. Thanks for the ideas. You must have been really hungry today, had you had brekky?

shazz - well done, this has been such an exciting few weeks for you! im sure your parcel will get there just fine.

christine - yay for year 1 with Amy, you guys must have really sucked up to the Principal in the past year!

kim - it was just the xmas do for jay's work, 3 course meal and drinks. I agree totally, i just hate the boy/girl things like pink and blue and sexist toys, i can tell you there is plenty of pink in Archies toy box, and when the hand me downs run out and i get to buy Archie's clothes, there will be a splash of pink in his ward robe too! Stupid thing is that Jay is totally not sexist or your typical mans man, he does just as much house work as me, more cooking than me, all the ironing, some of the childcare, yet he thinks Archie can't play with a kitchen/ironing board/clothes line/dolls pram etc. Mind you he only expressed his dislike once, i doubt he'll do it again.

Its been a LOOOOng day here, AF is visiting and she is being quite a b!tch about it too. Jay has been an absolute sweet heart, keeping Arch busy in the shed til bedtime and his mate came over and cooked us tea, spoilt i am tonight! Have just beeen lying on the couch tonight eating chocolate.

Guess Wot?

I got tickets to Michael Buble' YAY!!!

Tagic aren't I.....? I think he is the hottest.

Now all I have to do is wait until the end of May next year!!!!

And I'm feeeeeeelin' good....

oooooo leanne i am SOOOOOOO jealous!!!!! i think he is the hottest too! i am very excited for you

Hi girls,

Thought i'd better pop in and say hi. I've been so slack with posting lately....i'm so sorry. AF is here today so i feeling quite tired. I think this is the first proper period i've had since i had Colby. Funny thing is, i could tell that i was getting them. I had noticed a massive change in my CM and for some reason i thought that i could'nt ovulate while i had the Mirena in. Don't know why. I think i was just getting it confused with that i can't get pregnant. Anyways....

The girls are good. Briley is becoming really attached to Colby now. Lately when Colby is crying she will be there before i am trying to soothe Colby. It's just so beautiful too see. That someone Briley's age can understand something like that. I love them both very much.

Went to a Sue Cox Breastfeeding conference on friday. It was really good. I was in my element surrounding by Midwives and Doula's! It was great. I even met both Briley's and Colby's midwives. And get this.....They are sisters!!!! How ironic is that! We were all spinnin out bigtime!

Not much else to report. Still looking for work cause money is still tight. Other than that things are the norm!

No personals. Sorry girls...i will get around to it soon. Has anyone heard from Jodie????? I hope she and bubs are well.

Better hit the hay...Hope you are all well.....

Night!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast