Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #45

evening all
    welcome Lorelle, i, shazz mum to Ryan born early on the 18 of April but i would miss these girls to much so stayed here in the may babies
    Kim ~ no better actually i think i'm getting worse i have been having really bad nausea and headaches and diminished feeling in my legs so god only knows what the heck is going on I know i didn't hurt myself (this time )
    hows Darcy ?

Welcome Lorelle! I like you already cause I am 40 and my DH is 33!!! I have 3 kids and contemplate a 4th but i don't think its going to happen. I love your birth story it made me laugh.

Hi Lorelle and welcome to May 06 babies. I am mum to Katy, who was born onthe Tuesday. My first mothers day was the following Sunday, which was spent in the hospital.

Thankx for sharing your birthing story. They say it get's quicker as you have more kids. So you'll have to set up camp on the hospital front lawn when you plan your next one. LOL! Did you go into shock.?

Hey there lovely ladies!

I've had such a busy weekend! I worked all day Saturday and Sunday and went out for a friends birthday Saturday night. I had such an awesome time! It was only the second time I have been out in the city lol (lame I know!) and I had so much fun! I didn't even have a hangover! I've also been working hard on this New Years Body Challenge, where I've seen quite a few of you as well.

I'll have a quick try at personals... I'm tired and want to go to bed soon lol.

Sara and Sheree I hope you both have a great time away! We will miss you.

Ellissa I hope you enjoyed your quiet time today.

Tania How did the scan go today?

Kim & Leanne I too envy the sewing skills! I am hopeless and quite jealous of you!

Kim How is Darcy now? When do you get to see Cam again?

Lorelle LOVED the birth story. Very humourous and heart warming! Your daughters name is just gorgeous too. I have a feeling you're going to fit right in
    I am Nat, mum to Emerson born on the 18th May. I was induced for high blood pressure at 39 weeks and had a 5 hour labour with 40 minutes of pushing!

Mmmmm I just had saladas, philly and tomatoes - yummo! Prob not good at this time of night but when you're hungry, you're hungry! I suppose I should head to bed and have a slightly early-ish one. I want to get to the gym early tomorrow!

Ohhhhh how does the WW calculator work?? Love the weight loss tickers BTW!!!!

hi Lorelle! Lovedthe birth story, how exciting! Archie was born on 5th of May, 13 hour labour with 2.5 hours of pushing,no where near as exciting as Cendrine's birth! I really look forward to getting to know you.

Sorry guys can't post anymore, i can't keep my eyes open any longer......

smiles4u Guest

.... Thanks so much ALL for making me feel so welcomed : )

Excuse any spelling errors ... I'm just a shocking typer more than a terrible speller (I promise)!!

Oh, what dummy I am LEANNE for some reason I though Mother's day in 2006 was the 8th ... Which I've course when I read your message I'd realised I had actually left the hospital on the Tues that you would have been giving birth. Strangely I remember the time was 3.15pm. Must have been just hanging to get out of the hospital (yeh, my private room was opposite to the kitchen ... And I kept hearing the microwave bell ... And for some funny reason I started to get cravings for hot cinnamon donuts everytime I heard that bell ring. Well, we won't mention the clinking of the cutlery coming from the kitchen and the staff greeting each other every morn at 6amish. Ha, gotta admit I knocked off a couple of teaspoons in revenge. Oh, ok they were the teaspoons I used to squeeze some breast milk on for my bub ... And I got sentimental about them !!).

Yeh Leanne, that sounds like a super idea .... Hope the weather next time (if there is a next time ... I gotta speed it up as I turn 42 next Mon (14th Jan) isn't crummy like the day I shuffled across that lawn back in 2006. Yes, I did go into shock. Felt weird, like looking down at someone elses body shaking as my head was just swarmed with lots of fuzzy and loving thoughts when I was busy holding my daughter.

Wow, ELISSA... Your Archie is one day older then my Cendrine !! I met an Archie last year in Oct, he was only a week old. And what a cutie.

SHAZZ, would you believe my daughter was born on her Uncle Ryan's 18th birthday. I met a gorgeous gal named Rian (my hairdresser's cousin) when my bub was about 4wks old ... Never heard of the name before and I reckon I would have considered it as a middle name if I had heard of it before my bub was born.

MRSMAC, how is the 40th year going ?? It was nothing like I expected, ... how's it been for you ??
    I suddenly felt like I was clinging to the little youth I felt I had before I start hitting my 50's, AUGH !!!
    Never thought of it like that before turning 40. I've gotta admit having my 1st bub at 40 made me feel young until I joined a Mum's group where everyone was from 19 to about early 30's. And everyone just never made an attempt to get to know me (and yes, I tried with them). Such an odd feeling as I have friends that are their same age group, and I'm so easy to approach and friendly if that. Felt so left out ... and just damn old. Got me down a bit. Stuck it out with the group as long as I could for my daughter's sake, purely because these Mum's were from our Heath centre group and my daughter had know them since a newborn. I take her to other activities but it's not quite the same when you have also watched these others bub's grow. I did the Mum's Group until Cendrine was about 18mths. I thought in the group there were too many chiefs and not enough indians. Felt like being in high school again. Too many controllers in the group ... So silly, and yeh I just felt too old for that rubbish !!

Spoke with my much younger friends about it (they don't have children) and they thought perhaps these Mum's just simply had not been around woman my age much and looked at me in a different light because of that ...WHAT DO YOU MUM'S THINK ???

I'm often told I look a ton younger than my now almost 42yrs but still look older than those Mum's in the group. Plus I did mention my age to them, though I don't think that made a difference.

Oh, I've left a long massive msg again ... When I promised I wouldn't, LOL : )

I'm a night owl ... Well, I'm off to bed ... GOOD NIGHT ALL, or as my daugher says - GOOD GITE :

smiles4u Guest

Smile

.... KIM how lovely that you and Leanne have that special little bond between you. Your bub's being so close in age. Did you both get to know each other during the classes. Reason I ask is that a Mum named Melissa (she's now 31) I never spoke with her in the antenatal class but when I bumped into her when our bubs were a few months older. And now our daughter's (about 2mths apart) have a gorgeous friendship ... My daughter just squeals when she sees Melissa and especially her little daughter Hope : )

.... LEA, thank you so much for your kind comment. Yeh, not everyone will love our child's name and hey, that's fine.

but I will tell you gals another day how I came about her name. Prob will give you a tear or two... so, get the kleenex handy !!

NITE NITE (again) ... SWEET DREAMS MUMMY"S .... You ALL have made my day ... Huge thanks again

smiles4u Guest

Smile

**** Whoops so sorry NAT (not Lea) ... Yes, I will get these names right sooner rather than later !!!!

(... NAT, hope you don't mind my asking but how do find it being single. And I don't mean that in a negative way. I was single for quite sometime before I met Adam. And I've gotta admit I miss my own bedroom. I especially noticed it when I was lucky enough to travel to Sydney and stay in a great hotel with a king size bed last month on my own... and the plasma TV is another story) !!

Jodie259 Guest

Hey Lorelle.... glad you made it here! love your birth story. And as Nat says - you are definately going to fit in well in this group.

sorry girls, I've been MIA for quite a while. Life has been hectic... as you can imagine.
    Mother in Law left today. I shed a tear or two. She is just sooooo sweet. i am really going to miss her. And it has hit Yariv pretty hard today. He keeps saying "my mummy's gone... I miss my mum". You would think he's 3 - not 33. Poor guy. He hasn't seen her for years (we visited about 2.5 years ago for 2 weeks)... and we have no idea when we will see her again

We went to the movies tonight to cheer him up a bit. My parents took Shaun, and we went to the drive in with Shelli. Really handy - as I was able to give her a good booby feed in the privacy of my car! Mind you, my boobies are just not enough for her. She sucks for a while... then has a bottle every time. I'm okay with that. At least she's getting some booby - which is more then Shaun got. I will try to express more often now that MIL has gone, and I'll be at home a little more.

Hey Christine... I didn't know you had a 33yo husband... same as me!

I was meant to start the NY body challenge today.... but it went downhill pretty quickly. I should have known when I prepared my oats this morning and took a mouthful... only to discover my milk expired yesterday. Eewwww. Then at the drive-in I went nuts on so much junk food. I feel like I've put on 2kg just this evening!

I booked Shaun in for swim classes again. Starts on the 2nd Feb. We're doing Saturday classes this time at a different swim centre. Then Yariv can come to mind Shelli, or my stepmum can either mind her or come to the class. It's funny, because I mentioned I was a life guard, and the owner of the swim centre asked if I taught. I said "not officially... I worked in London and taught people to swim there because I was the best swimmer they had... but I've not got any training". She said I should do the training because they need teachers. And my previous gym were always after swim teachers too. And then I went to the hospital today to return something - and in the lift was advertising for aquamum classes (aqua aerobics for pregnant women). So I thought that was a sign! I mentioned it to Yariv & he's not fussed. I might look into what it takes to get qualified as a swim teacher. The lady at the swim centre said you can work your hours around kids. So definately worth a thought.

I even thought about tupperware recently. For some reason I got an urge to buy tupperware (or ask for it for my birthday). Then I thought... I should become a consultant - then I'll get it cheap - and try to earn a few $$ at the same time. I'm not sure what is involved... so I might check it out. Never thought I would ever be a tupperware consultant in my life. I usually avoid those "parties" like the plague!

Talking of plague... we saw "I am Legend" tonight - the Will Smith movie. Not bad. Although, not as good as "in pursuit of Happyness".

Now... appologies again for not doing personals. But I hope to be a lot more attentive from now on. With MIL gone, and Yariv back at work - I won't feel so guilty being on the computer during the day time. Mind you... with my NY resolution to "not spend so much time online"... I've got to get productive during the day to get everything done.

Nat: did you get the excel WW calculator from one of the girls? If not, I can email it to you. And I cleaned up the weightloss website - to remove all the information about the previous contestants. So it's just articles now. should be easier to read

Well... hugs to all. Oh, look at that 1.30am. No sign of going to bed... too many things to do. when will I ever get to bed before midnight ????????????

Elissa: The picnic sounds fantastic...So does the "ME" time hehe hope you relaxed.

Christine: Surprisingly the Lean Cuisine sounds more appealing to me ATM! Go for baby # 4, Riley needs a little brother to even up the family.

You too Shazz, only you need another girl

Lorelle: Welcome to May 06 Babies! I'm mum to Jayden and have another little cherub on the way. What a fast birth! Ours was 4hrs with lots of gas and pethadine but overall and looking back was a great experience....I don't know that I will be looking at it so positively in 6mths time though! Cendrine is a gorgeous name and not one you will hear too often!

I have lost my post 3 times now.....I had heaps more written than what is there and now I have to go back to work Really quickly though, scan went well....Bubs is very healthy looking and active and very uncooperative! I get results on Friday. If I'm quiet at work I will finish off personals!
    oxox

jodie ~ if i can do tupperware anyone can it not to bad at all i have done a few party plan things in my time

good afternoon.
    I will do personals later I promise
    HOWEVER
    Darcy now has a rash
    It started on her belly and has worked it's way out to her arms and face/neck/scalp
    It's red and raised
    Should I be worried?
    She's alseep now and I kind of feel bad about waking her...

Kim go and get her checked out Now it is always better to be safer to then sorrier ( if thats a word) i hope it is nothing

Kim- get her checked out, it could be german measles.

Yeah I know. I did ring some places when I got home, but in a country town everything shuts of an arvie reasonably ealry. I'm not going to ed again so I'll call in the morning and try and get her in...

ATM she's screaming her way through a bath. She doesn't want to get out, so I'm happy to let her 'let it all out" lol. She answers you and everything...

Sounds like Measles Kim. Or the pox. Would definately get it checked out.

Glad the scans went well Tania.

Hi everyone else.

woohoo - not.....she's worned herself out. Seeing as she kept me up until 5 this morning (and them got shirty when I had to get her up at 6.30 lol) I'm not the slightest bit surprised.

Lorelle, your post has got me thinking. No I don't have a prob with women 'your age' or anyone elses age. Three women that I count among my closest friends are my mum's age. It's odd. Different people have different life experiences. I have been exposed to a ginormous range of people in the population (I'm in the cops and before that I was a nurse for some years) - maybe that's lessened my boundaries or something. I try really hard to have no biases (but I can be nasty like everyone else) - some people aren't even aware that they have any IYKWIM?

Jodie that's so sad for Yariv I hope you took lots of pics and video so he can remember well. I remember when it seemed like months until she got here.... We love the drive-ins too. We have a vintage car (1964EH Holden) that we love to take. It's so funny to see all the 'kids' running over to have their photos taken with an old car at the drive-in.

lorelle - I had similar troubles with my Mothers Group and i was the same age group as all of them, i think Mothers Groups are quite notorious for being hard to fit in if you are not the type of woman who is very competitive and gets into all that b!tchy high school [email protected] I only have 1 friend my own age, the rest are betweeen 30-45, so i reckon i'd get along with you just nicely, i have never really gotten along with people my own age as they just seem so immature at times, my sister often says i was born an old woman (not so sure thats a compliment though LOL!). Good on you for sticking it out for 18 months though, i only went 3 times and that was more than enough for me! Dont worry about the long messages, you are keeping me occupied while Jay is at work and Archie is in bed! Ooooo, im dying to find out how you got Cendrine's name now!

jodie - oh poor Yariv missing his mummy. Huge well done for still bfing Shelli, you have done a wonderful job! Training to become a swim teacher sounds like a wonderful idea especially if it is easily worked around the kids. i did Tupperware and Avon a few years ago, i have to say that i think those party plan type jobs are a con, I certainly didn't make any money, got some good free Tupperware and met some nice people, but I'd never do it again. I am However a very quiet person who is not 'bossy' enough, i tended to give into customers every wish and go out of my way to please them. One woman i know who was making okay money out of it used to make her customers do all the work, they would pick up their catalogue, they would deliver their own goods, they pretty much did everything and she reaped the rewards, i wasn't rude enough to do that much to my detriment. So if you are a much stronger person than me maybe you could make a bit of money from it. How do you cope with so little sleep?? i would be locked in the nut house if i didn't get decent sleep!

tania - YAY for the great scan, hope bub co-operates for the morph scan if you want to know the sex!

kim - oh you poor thing, it ust never stops for atm does it?! wishing Darcy all the best, give her a big get well hug from me, and a big slimy kiss from Archie

2 wees int he potty today and tonight he screamed bloody murder when i put his nappy on, apparently nappies are not cool anymore....Mum said my sister did the exact same thing as Archie is doing with TT, at 20 months she decided she would't have a bar of nappies day or night and she was fully trained in weeks, if only i could be that lucky. Sometimes i wonder if Archie should have been my sisters child, his personality is SO much like her in so many ways,and my sister and i are complete opposites. Thinking i might brave the public swimming pool tomorrow morning and test out Archies new swimmers, the ones with the built in floaties.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast