Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #45

Jodie259 Guest

I had planned to get on here more often and post... but that hasn't happened. So sorry!
    As always.. incredibly busy. Got my bookwork up to date (woo hoo). Can you believe this... I sold my salon, and received payment for it on the 23d November. The woman who bought it - has either sold it already - or wanting to sell. She wants to return to England. Clients don't like her, and business is suffering. My 3 staff are not happy with her - and she fired one of them last week. Then phoned her to ask if she would work Fri & Sat for $3.50 an hour LESS then she got paid before. The girl told her to shove it. I did an awesome resume & reference for her - and she has been offered two jobs this week. One of them is really good so she's sooo happy.

Shaun had been a bit ill for the last few days. Not drinking his milk, not eating much, bit grumpy at times. Last night around 11pm he was screaming from his bedroom. I ran to him & could smell puke before I even got to his room. He had spewed up all over his rug. I whipped his jammies off and he was hot as. So I put him in the bath and hosed him down. Took his temp (after a coolish hose down)... and it was 39.1deg. I phoned nurse on call and they said to try to get panadol into him. He came good and was playing ball with Yariv. The he tried to get some panadol into him, and Shaun puked all over the loungeroom rug. So I took him to hospital. Triage nurse blew me off, saying it was probably teething (as he was "chirpy" when we arrived at 12.30). I waited an hour, and was tempted to leave because Shaun was getting tired (and me too). Then they called his name. They checked him over and when the doc put the wooden stick in his mouth - straight away pulled it out and said "Tonsilitus".... turns out his tonsils are covered in white spots, and all inflamed. Poor little poppet. Got a script, and advised to go to GP today... which I did. Still the same, so he's on penacillian now.

Had a hard day on Monday... I euthanised my cat & my dog which I've had for 15 years. Long story, and this post is long enough. We've still got the shar pei dog (Monkey).

looks like I might be going ahead with the tupperware demonstrating. I'm on a mission to organise my pantry... then the fridge so I thought it cheaper to be a tupperware demonstrator then the purchase it outright. Who nows... now that I've sold my salon, I might even make some money selling tupperware. Although I'm sure I will be spending all my earnings on buying more tupperware.

now catching up:

Kim: I'm so impressed with Darcy's speaking. Shaun barely says anything audible. MCHN said I shouldn't worry because (1) he chatters alot (2) he's learning two languages & understands them both (3) girls are always faster then boys (I was comparing him to my friends girl). But I can't wait for him to say "thanks" or "I wuv you". Hope you have a nice weekend with your parents.

Christine: Riley still has his cast on... when is it due off? Does it get heavy? I thought they would put a fibreglass one on a little kid... Belated Birthday wishes (sorry). How sweet that your DD boyfriend bought you flowers & chockies. He sounds like a nice guy!

Shazz: 3.8kg lost! good on you! (I'm going nowhere - nearly backwards. My heart just isn't in it at the moment.). Keep up the good work.

Sheree: Is that usual... an hour each way for groceries? Bugger that! I could walk to & from the shops in less time then that. (went back further in the posts... and see why you went an hour! d'oh). I see two kids got arrested for looting... but had to be sent out of the area for fear of their safety! Pfft! Gosh... you guys have one drama after another. Your life is never boring. Do you sometimes wish for a quiet, boring month ????

Leanne: Eating poo.... eewwww. Strange that she actually enjoyed the taste of it. I had all 4 of my wisdoms out under a general. I was black/blue for 2 weeks.

Nat: Glad Em liked Hi-5. Shaun watches them on TV occassionally but can take or leave them. He has moved his obsession from Elmo to... The Wiggles. I think he's seen them at Family Day Care... and today we bought him two tops and a DVD to watch. He was so happy.

Elissa: Gosh, you're patriotic. Vegemite, snags... Good on you. And sounds like Archie has no problems losing the dummy... but don't stress too much about it. Robin Baker is just one persons opinion. Someone else might say the complete opposite. I'm sure a dummy has never caused any kid any long term (or even short term) damage. Great news about the house.

Tania: You know... I don't think I knew you were pregnant.... d'oh! So belated congratulations!!!! And sorry to hear about your sciatic. I had that too, and went to a physio and fixed it up within days.

Sara: hugs to you with two teething kids. Shauns top canines are coming through now... and possibly bottom ones at the same time. Our nights are hell. But glad it's not two kids at the same time. Hugs to ya!

Lorelle: My 40th coming up soon... hope nobody brings up a poo story! Actually, not having a party - so little chance of it happening. Hope all goes well with your scan. I've just started using Aldi nappies on Shaun... and they're great! We love the design on them... a bear on the front... and the back of the bear on the bum. Very cute. Fits him well too. I usually go huggies... but I had run out of "special" boxes... so I'll wait until they are on special again... or just stick with Aldi. I tried Coles... but the size just wasn't right... too small, or too big at this age.

As the day comes to an end... I hope you all had a nice Australia Day. Woo Hoo... there is a public holiday on Monday. Wonder if I'll get more stuff done around the house? In the last 2-3 days Yariv has put a downpipe up, and took a trailer load of crap to the tip today. He's got the next two days off... so I might prompt him to get a few more things done. hehehe. Gosh it's handy having a handyman husband.

Jodie - tonsilitis hey. Gosh it is nasty huh. When lachlan had his convulsion it temp reached well over 39 degrees too. So there is def truth in - IF A TEMP IS OVER 39 degrees - IT IS NOT TEETH!

So sorry you had to put your pets down, how sad, hope you are coping ok with that.

Yeah those looters seriously will not have a life in Emerald anymore, I don't think they would want to come back now.

Yeah I had to travel an hour each way, as Emerald road is still shut and the grocery store here has nothing left. Better then driving 3 hours away to Mackay and back for groceries. Emerald is the only closest biggest town that has a coles and Woolworths, all the little towns have an IGA, which are small. So I travelled to Clermont which has one of the bigger IGA's.

I can't believe how quiet this baby is at times, hopefully that means a girl. I feel it maybe every 3-4 days. So glad I have my doppler now, just to assure me all is ok. It is amazing how quiet they can be in there. Lachlan was never like this.

jodie - gosh, sounds like the new owner of the salon doesn't have a clue! Its great that you staff member has ben offered more jobs. Oh poor Shaun! What a hopeless nurse blaming everything on teeth, what a crock! Good n you for sticking to your instincts and getting him checked over, hope the penicillan kicks in quickly. Sorry to hear about your pets, hugs. GL qwith the Tupperware, im sure you'll be great at it, your pantry will be full in no time. Thanks for that about the dummy, yeah you are prob right about the dummy not causing any long term harm, i keep telling myself if i hadn't read that book i would have been blissfully unaware and let him have the dummy whenever he wants it. Gosh i wish my husband was as energetic and handy as yours! We were going to get into the shockingly overgrown garden today, but Jay is in the shed drinking with a mate instead, typical! LOL

sheree - oooo i hope you have a little girl in there!!! Arch was always flat out in the belly too, so it must be weird to have such a quiet one, hopeully that means bub will come out and e an extremely happy easy bub who just smiles eats and sleeps all day. Glad the doppler is giving you peace of mind too.

Archie refused to have a sleep yesterday, and then stayed up til 10pm!! He slept til 8 this morningand is now back in bed, reckon he'll be in there for a few hours today to catch up. I am looking forward to tonight, we are going to a friends place for barbie tea, they have there 6 motnhs old grandson down for the weekend and he is adorable!

OMG I forgot to mention, was there a full moon last night. Lachlan was the same Elissa. We travelled as I said and hour each way for groceries and could have sworn he would sleep and he didn't on the trip. Put him down when we got home and screamed and screamed. Got him up, he was happy as larry until 10pm too!!! Gosh what is with that!

Oh and this bub can def give me a jab just not very often. Yes I pray for an eating child if nothing else...... Sleeping would be nice too, but eating is a big priority for us. But a happy content child all round would be gr8. Well lachlan was alway happy and content just never ate or slept. Still scratch my head as to how happy he really was.

Oh and Lachlan has a slight temp today, not too bad, just keeping an eye on it and dosing with panadol. What temp do you all say is a temp? IYKWIM He kinda has that sick smell too. Don't know if I am weird but I can alway smell sickness.

Yes I agree on the smell Sheree....I class anything above 38, but I'm a bit harder than most....glad you got your Doppler hun. Oh and nope the full moon was last week....it sends all the crazies nuts! lol.

Oh no Jodie, poor Shaun. Darcy had it a couple of weeks ago and the stupid hospital misdignosed and we ended up with some hard core Ab's. They were horribler than the illness. Hope he's better soon. I luuurve Tupperware too.

Elissa I agree with Jodie. I have her books too, but it's just her opinion. Yes the dummy causes drooling, but so does chewing gum and how many adults chew that? That house sounds like a very good deal though. What a great guy.

Keep going Shazz. You can do it. can you post me a catalogue?

Leanne how many points are you allowed?

My mum and dad have gone this morning. We spent yesterday cruising the wineries....not good for the diet though...DeBortili's have just relased a new sparkly range - and it's my new favourite OMG!!! I drank a whole bottle.....

Hi ladies,

Colby has a fever. She has had an temp over 38 the last 3 days. Panadol helps but as soon as it wears off her temp goes back up. She is pretty happy but def not herself. She is glassy eyed and has a bit of a cough.

I just checked my child health book and it says that if a baby under 6 months has a temp you should take them straight to the dr.

What should i do?

Ring the child health line Sara, that is what I would do.

Lachlan wouldn't eat lunch, just a bit of custard. That is when I know he is sick, wouldn't even eat his trusty ham that is always a given. Have given him panadol and he temp has come down a bit. It didn't quite reach 38 degrees earlier, but he woke with the rosiest of cheeks and his torso felt hot. Hopefully he wakes ok. I have cooled the room down with a/c from another room. Went I put him to bed he normally wakes up with a rotten fever, hopefully that is not the case today.

Gosh that wine sounds so good Kim. Yep I am still craving a lovely glass of wine.

Sara - she's too little she needs to be seen. They can't regulate their temps on their own and something is wrong if it's that high in a wee babe.

Sounds like tonsillitis is doing the rounds....

hehehe Darcy's outside atm in a hat and nothing else, watering the plants with a 50ml cup and a half a bucket of water....

Nice look Darcy!! Look what country life has done to her Kim!!
    Sara- I would be taking Colby to the doctors ASAP

How did you go Sara?

Noice Darcy.... to cute.....

Well Lachlan woke up fine, but six hours after his last dose of panadol his temp has now risen to 38.9 degrees. Have just given another dose and while he temp was going down he just layed in my arms. Not sure what is going on here. I guess time will tell! I am just hoping and praying there is no need for hospitals tonight, as Emerald road is still shut and will be for a little while yet!!! Lets just hope we don't need one.

Lachlan got a big red car (the wiggles blow up) for xmas from my aunt and uncle and we just got the energy to blow it up. It is huge, he can sit in it and turn the wheel, it has little seats in it, lots of balls and container for his balls. He has forgotten about his temp, he is loving it. Didn't realise it was so big. Thank god for the balloon pumps, there is no way we could have blown it up.

Kim - 22 points for me, but I am trying to stick to 19 or 20 so if I have a bad day I can 'account for it'.

Tomorrow's weigh in day, so hopefully a loss. Fingers crossed. There;s still soo soooooo much to lose.

We are all good over here at the moment. Katy is well, my hole where the tooth was is healing quite nicely, and we are even getting some sleep. DAycare told us to stick to a rigid routine as they do that there, and we should have better luck with Katy's sleeping. So at 8pm on the dot we are putting her in bed. Some nights she falls asleep straight away, other times she sings or reads to herself until she doses off. So far so good. It's only been two weeks though.

Hope all the sick bubbas are feeling better soon.

Cool car Sheree! Hope it goes down for you.

Leanne, that's what I've been doing. Keeping it like the daycare routine and then in bed same time every night. Seems to be working really well. My mum couldn't believe it.

That is what I use to do Leanne. Do they let you undercut your points now do they. I am talking a while ago now that I did Weight Watchers. I use to save mine and roll them over to other weeks. Don't think I was meant too. Anyway it worked for me, I lost 22kgs in 3-4 mths. You are doing well, I just looked at your ticker.

Colby has a viral infection. Temp peaked at 38.9 while we were at the Dr's. She is being such a good girl though. It seems we might have broken the fever though cause she has cooled down a whole lot since thisafternoon. Ironically, its seem if i wear her in the wrap it helps her.

Thanks for your advice ladies.

200g loss this week.
    don't understand it.
    oh well back to the grind.
    sigh

it is still a loss leanne good on you keep it up

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast