Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #45

home today - [email protected] night. not much sleep. zombie like today.
    hi sara
    bbl

Oh Leanne sorry to hear that. Hope things improve for you soon. Poor Katey and poor you with no sleep. Mwah.

Sarah you are so sweet - thank you for the offer of coming to support my birth. Will have to see what happens I guess. And the roof is not our responsibility, it is the mines insurance and they are trying to say the roof was on its way out b4 the storm. So that is the hold up at present. They have dodgy fixed it for now, but the whole roof needs replacing sometime soon. Yeah I use to abseil off those walls at the fairburn dam they were that big and they are now overflowing with water. Unbeleivable. The fairburn dam is the 2nd biggest dam in qld, I think the burdekin is the biggest.

Well we are not flooded, had lots of rain however and the roads have been cut (so we haven't been able to get out of town) and with the IGA being taken over by foodworks in a couple of weeks and the IGA being told to run their stocks low (such bad timing around this wet weather), their is next to nothing left!!!! We can't get to Emerald as the roads are cut. Emerald are in such a bad way, people are being evacuated, shopping centres are full of water, gosh just terrible. We have even had sunshine the last couple of days, but today again it is overcast and the 4cast has predicted more rain coming our way. Great just what we need and just what Emerald needs NOT!!!

Did you all hear Heath Ledger is dead OMG!!!!!

I am in total and utter shock about Heath Ledger. What a terrible loss.

I heard this morning when I dropped Jayden off at FDC, it had only happened about 30mins before the breaking news! Bad news travels quickly doesn't it? I can't believe it, he was only 2mths older than me! His little girl won't remember him.....what a tragic loss!

Terrible terrible terrible about Heath Ledger... Can't believe it yet really.
    I wonder what 'really' happened.

Yeah seems a bit weird.

Okay over this whinging kid. She's been whinging all day non stop. Can't even go to the loo on my own..... I know I am whinging too, but at least you can understand me.... It's just whine whine whine all day.

grrr.

Leanne- send her over here!! I am used to whinging! (even if its only by me LOL)
    I am going out wit MG tonight YAY no kids!! Erin, SIL and I went to see Enchanted today, it was such a nice movie, very light and feel good AND it had Patrick Dempsey!!!(although being a G movies not as much of him as SIL and I would have liked)
    Sheree- hope the rain stops soon and you can get some supplies, the news footage of that area has been amazing, when we were there it was very dry.
    Sara- welcome back!
    Tania- can't believe how pg you are already!!
    Got to go Riley has shoved something down his cast LOL

Leanne - Well my 2 girls have been angels all day. Right until Daddy walks in the door and now they are well....the devils children! One wants to be on to boob all the time and the other is walking around crying and asking for peese (cheese!). Wanna do a swap???

Christine - Have a ball hun! I had my night out with the girls last thursday night. It was great to be with other women who loved to talk about pregnancy and birth as much as i do!

Australia must have a curse. 3 Aussie celebrities in 2 years. Makes you wonder who is next!!! I'm still in shock.

I have my scan tomorrow. Bit nervous. Not real sure how to feel. Surely its nothing....

hi all
    i'll be back later after burning off my dinner

Oh No Leanne.....

glad you're reasonably OK for the time being Sheree. Hope they get some food in soon though.

Shazz, you're doing way better than me this week.

Have a great night Christine!

i don't know kim though i just joined calorie king looks good so far only lost 200grams last week so i am hoping for a better run this week

My daughter ate her pooh, yep ate her pooh. I had to go to the dr this evening to get a new script and while my DH was on the phone my DD put her hand down the back of her nappy and ate her pooh. Sucked it dry and went for some more apparently. Gross. I can't believe it. Gross. Thankfully DH was quick enough to stop her going for more. Sorry TMI and it's gross.

So tomorrow I am off to the dentist to have a wisdom tooth extracted. There's this massive hole in it and it's bloody sore. So can't wait for that.

Anyway, going to get ready for work as I am working a 1/2 day tomorrow and then off to bed.

eeeeeeewwwwww that is gross but very funny (from sitting here anyway ) hope they sort your poor tooth out

smiles4u Guest

Oh, what a shock when I popped on here ... I didn't know about Heath !!
    ... Then I mentioned it to DP and he is like yeh, it's on the front of the paper I brought home 2nite.

Gee, made me realise I truely don't watch & hear much news these days. Bit like when I use to wrk nite shift & felt so out of touch wt the world.

Goes, to show my year so far has bn so busy.

ELISA - That's so fantastic u r takin lil Archie 2 swimmin lessons. I was lookin at doin the same thing within the nxt mth (dependin on money situation, as our hot water system blew and then our new airconditioner had 2 get installed ... All within a mth, AUGH !!!) ... Let us kno how U AND Archie go.
    My friend takes her nearly 2yr old (has bn 4 about 2mths now) and she said she jst LOVES IT !!!!
    ... And she was surprised that she was actually the youngest in the group as she thought most Mum's take 'em earlier these days. Well, goes to show.

Will let U guys know wen I end up trying the ALDI "MAMIA" nappies. Wow, so many Mum's av come thru ravin about 'em. Gotta finish wt the huge amount of nappies I av stocked up at the moment. I use the COLES ones durin the day & HUGGIES at nite.

Hey, I gotta admit wen I've seen an ALDI it's usually in a not so G8 neighbourhood, PLS I don't mean that in a bad way. I've gotta travel 2 the not so super part of Ballarat 2 get 2 an ALDI. Infact another has jst opened here in a roughy area.

Not much 4 now girl's, ... BUT jst feel so sad for little Matilda 2 lose her Daddy Heath so young. It's close 2 hm 4 me as a little girl in the Mum's grp I ws goin 2 lost her Daddy 2 cancer only in Nov ... He ws only 25yrs & well known & well liked here in Ballarat.

Never 4get watchin that beautiful little girl being ushered into her own Daddy's funeral ... OMG jst broke my heart in a million pieces.

I popped a loveheart locket in her letterbox as a gift to the little girl from my daughter Cendrine. (Thought she could put a photo of HER Daddy in it).

It's so hard wen I run in2 her Mummy about town. But rather then askin how she is (I wld imagine she gets it all the time), I jst yak about funny little trival things & it gives her a smile (as she knows a joker by trait). B4 Xmas she looked so much better actually bn xcited about Xmas for her daughter. That ws so lovely 2 c her warm smile again.

Must go, ... Oh feel so teary rite now. Chat 2 U ALL soon lovely Mummy's
    Last edited by smiles4u; January 24th, 2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: added a bit !!

Lorelle: That is terrible! That poor little girl.....That sort of thing makes me so upset thinking that a child wont remember their mother or father. It actually used to make me cry the thought of me dying and Jayden not remembering who I am!

Leanne: EEEEEWWWWW! I was freaked out over seeing my dog eat his pooh! I hope DH washed her mouth out and brushed her teeth....Did you kiss her goodnight tonight? LOL. GL with your tooth tomorrow. Jayden saw your ticker of the turtle and absolutley went nuts! He loves turtles!

Christine: I know I can't believe how quickly its going! Thats why I didn't say anything too early, I did with Jayden and the pregnancy went forever! Jayden went nuts over your ticker too....He loves tractors even more than turtles LOL. Hows Riley's arm healing?

Sara: GL with your scan tomorrow...I'll be thinking of you...Everything will be fine I'm sure

Jayden has had a few nights in a row waking up again....Its a lot harder when pregnant to get out of bed at 2am!

Hi everyone else

I'm off to bed...nighty night

lorelle - i'll let you know how the swimming lessons go, the instructor said there wre 4 ohter babies in the class so far, so im guessing that Archie will be the oldest....will have to wait and see. It is trully tragic that little Matilda had lost her Daddy already, i think it really hits home when you have a similar aged child. Thats a lovely idea putting the locket in the little girls letter box, very thoughtful.

tania - i am struggling enough getting up to Archie allt he time and im not even pregnant, you must be exhausted!

sheree - big hugs, you are doing so well staying so positive and strong for your bub, im sure you are right, that bub was just facing the wrong way for a while, at least with the doppler your mind will be eased a little.

Don't know what to do with Archies sleeping. Tried putting him to bed later, no success. Am reading Robin barkers"the mighty toddler" she suggests dropping the day sleep and putting him to bed early instead, maybe i should give that a go...just not confident that my poor little guy could handle a whole day without a sleep. I am also a little concerned about his dummy now, in the book Robin says how toddlers are fine to have a dummy if they want to and it wont do any damaged UNLESS they are drinbbbling lots cause the way they suck their dummy all the time causes their muscles to not develope properly and theri tongue to thrust out too much. her description sounds exactly like Arch, unfortunate thing is that the only cure is to get rid of the dummy ASAP, that would mean just going cold turkey on the dummy, what a nightmare, i can't even get him to restrict the dummy to bedtime only cause it breaks his heart...its late so im probably just making things bigger than tey really are..

Elissa: I hope Archie goes to bed on time soon for you! WIth the dummy...its a tough habit to break as we are finding out. Jayden rarely has it during the day, but he does have days where he wants it constantly and thats fine he can have it as long as he is laying down resting. Now if he asks for his D-D he runs to his little couch, my room or his room and lays down because he knows he will get it and he isn't allowed up unti he gives his D-D back to me or under his pillow. I am starting to restrict it to just to his cot and he will lay in there and read books until he is ready to play without sooking. It was hard at first until he understood but that didn't take long he understands so much.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast