Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #46

Default Babies Born May 2006 #46

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Still a loss Leanne. Keep up the gr8 work.

Shazz how come you are around, thought you had run out of internet mb this month?

Well we had a reasonable night considering. About 6 times he woke. Expected worse. Didn't have a fever thru the night. He has rosey cheeks again this morning though like he did yesterday. And a temp of 37.5 degrees. Yesterday his temp got to 38.9 degrees and he was miserable at times, but once the panadol kicked in he was fine. He is really showing no symptons at all other then the flushed cheeks. I am guessing it is teeth???????????

Yeah sounds like teeth. They do funny things to our littlies don't they?

I know I should be happy it's a loss not a gain, but you still get down now and then about it. Next week will be better.

Back to my ironing!. Not much happening here today. Katy's having a little sleep and I am ironing, (trying to catch up. it's neverending eh?). My brother's birthday is this week so we are off tonight for a barbie Q. Have only had 10 points so far today so should be right. Just need to stay away from the really bad stuff!.

Hallo to everyone else.

What exercise are you doing Leanne?

I know I was a freak when I lost my 22kgs. I went to the gym sometimes twice a day and also did aerobics. Really a regime you can never maintain. I was just eager to get it off. And well look here I am again......

Wade just changed his nappy and now he has these bit welt things on the back of his legs. They almost look ringwormy, but the red circle with his normal skin in the middle is slowly closing in and is now all red. Just got the ambo around to check it out. He just said to give panadol, lots of fluids and keep an eye on it by marking the outline with a pen to ensure it gets no bigger. He hasn't been eating well, nappies are not overrly wet, temp is only at 37.7 today. Will just to load a pic in my photo gallery, one normal shot and the other with pen mark around it.

gee whiz Sheree, they look horrendous...

Don't worry leanne, I am so down cos I've put a kilo back on I started running again today...

Any ideas Kim?

smiles4u Guest

Question

Hello all,

Sorry it's a long one BUT can any of you lovely Mum's help me with advice as to what you think might have happened with my 20mth old Cendrine at my Doc's waiting room last Thurs ... And if any of you have experienced behaviour with your child you never thought u'd see

By the way, " HAPPY AUSSIE DAY 4 this past Sat " !!!

... So sorry I haven't popped on since my Doc appt last Thurs ... Yippy, all is G8, ultrasound results came back with super results. So nothing to worry about there.

Just gotta keep an eye on the lump on my chest, espesh if it starts to hurt, etc... Now I can de-stress myself & no longer worry.

The trip at the Doc appt was a nightmare. My appt was 12.15 ... and I didn't get called in until 1pm. Cendrine was in her stroller, she doesn't like being stationary in it unless you might be feeding her lunch. Anyway, she saw her lil mate there (the same age) not in a pram ... OMG, Cendrine went NUTS. Crying really loud, snot everwhere & kicking the hell out of the stroller.

... Of course strangers have to stare & then to make it worse by add their unhelpful meaningless opinons as to why they think she is crying & of course they don't say it directly to you JUST to the person sitting next to them ... And clearly for you to hear Oh, I could not & never have done that to a parent with a screaming & or crying child.

Why can't people see (and espesh other parents) see you are obviously not having a fun time and keep their mouths shut ??? I don't understand it, as it doesn't help the situation NOR make you feel any better as a parent doing what you think is your absolute BEST !!!

So, I desperately wanted her to stop so I let her out of the stroller thinking she would just play with the toys there OR maybe walk around a bit OR play with her friend. OH NO, she just ran around everywhere & would not stop !!!

I was going insane & thought I can't do this - I'm gonna have to put her back into the stroller. Oh, then she went really crazy (which I was expecting) BUT to the point she was choking from crying so much.

I told the receptionist I was going to have to go outside and if she would let me know when the Doc is ready.

Outside I thought Cendrine would calm down some ... Ah, it made no difference. So, she screamed & cried for another 15mins.

I was going out of mind, and also because I have NEVER ever seen her like this before.

The Doc (of course didn't apologise for the lateness) and insisted on checking her (after me), and making a big deal like Cendrine is unwell (which I knew she wasn't).

After having the appt, we stepped only a foot outside the clinic & popped her in the stroller she was quiet and went to sleep for the entire 20min walk home. She was FINE !!!

That was the worst experience ever. I knew it wasn't her teething, she had been feed and she goes to bed these days later in the arvo. So, I put it down to the toddler behaviour, in wanting to be independent like her lil friend she saw ... and it just affected Cendrine in a way I thought was unimaginable.

So, can any of you HELP with advice, example ... if you think it is what happened that I just mentioned OR do you think there is more to it ????

Thanks a million, I'd be so grateful for any feeback

Will pop on maybe later or tomorrow & c how u all r

Just a toddler are my thoughts. We have been thru that many times. They really try you at your weakest moment is what I have put it down too. Sometimes we are patient for it and sometimes we are not. Especially when we are out, just ohhh so embarrassing. Sorry don't have any answers, still working thru our issues at times too.

OMG Sheree his poor little legs!! I hope he's feeling better soon!

Why on earth does Em get so devastated in between Thomas epdisodes lol?? He knows he's coming back and yet he cries and cries I am ever so tired tonight. I think it will be take away for us tonight when I decide what I feel like.

I am off to read the last thread. I might make it back tonight with personals if I am not in bed at 9 lol

Nat, Lachlan is exactly the same he knows when Elmo is nearly finished and he carries just b4 it finishes and until I put another one on..... Sometimes they just don't get it do they haha. Hope you enjoy your takeaway. I am making wade a porterhouse steak with a calamari creamy sauce.

Update on Lachlan - I hadn't given him any panadol today cause his temp wasn't too bad. He has had a sleep and woken up and the whatever you call its - have gone down. Maybe if I had kept up with the panadol today we may not have seen these things huh...... Really weird!

he sin't get bitten by anything my DS #1 gets weltly looking things when bitten by ants

We haven't been out in the yard for a few days, so unsure what could have bitten him in the house.

Anyway it has gone down now, thankgod!

Nope Sheree, I have no idea. Pretty sure they aren't ringworm though. Have you changed your washing powder? Are there any floods near you? Could it be a flying thing type bite? Has he eaten anything different? Is it anywhere else? Ants and mozzies give me something similar.

Lorelle. Darcy seems to surprise me every day. All I can put it down to is that they just don't know how to calm their frustrations yet. You know - they get frustrated and get angry and that snowballs until they can't control themselves at all. They're also learning to test the limits at this age. I'm not a yeller but this weekend I'm glad is over. We have boundaries and things get turned off/put away/time in the room on her own. When she goes nuts I get hold of her and talk very quietly in her ear, telling her how it's going to be. I then get in her face and say "are you finished being silly Darcy?" She usually says yes. She has to say sorry and then we move onto something else. If I can I try to ignore her, but sometimes like when you are in public you just can't. I try not to get emotive either, because like animals they can sense your fear. I never break eye contact either.
    It seems to be working and she understands. I hate that other parents doing that too.

Funnily enough as I read back over that - aside from the whispering in the ear bit that's how I deal with the idiots I have to deal with at work. I don't get into too many fights these days so it can't be too bad - that's rob where I get the patience from though - never used to have that.

Lorelle- Riley has tantrums like that too, he is my worst tanty thrower by far (too much like daddy LOL) He screams at the top of his voice when he isn't happy with the situation. I like your ideas Kim I must try that, he is a shock to the system Jess never had a tantrum as a little kid and Erin's were pretty passive.
    School tomorrow, as usual I have done none of the things I wanted to do in the holidays LOL Riley goes back to FDC after a month off which will be difficult as he has been really clingy.
    Sheree- hope Lachlan's leg gets better, maybe give him some phenergen in case it is a allergic reaction?
    Better go and get ready for work (yuk) its going to be horrible getting out the door by 8.30, we haven't been getting up until at least then!

Well the ones that went down this afternoon, have been replaced with more in different locations. The funny thing is I don't think it is a bite, however who knows. The reason I say this is we had him out in the yard Sat arvo, then Sunday he had a temp all day and then today (monday) these welts appear. He was so high spirited this afternoon that we took him out into the yard again. He is still quite happy with no temp. It is funny how the panadol made most of them disappear this afternoon, and 6 hours after the last dose of panadol they rare their ugly head again. I have just rung the afterhours doctor, hopefully she can shed some light. Taking him down shortly.

Hope you find out what it is Sheree.
    I am clinging to my last few minutes of holidays!! I really should be in the shower.

Sheree: Poor Lachie! Hope you find out what is causing the marks soon!

Lorelle: How terrible for you! Jayden plays up a bit but we haven't had a shocker like that in public before. He has at home and he goes in to "time out" for a bit....Hard to do while you're out though!

Kim: I might give your tactics a go....it sounds effective!

Leanne: A loss is a loss...well done, it all adds up

Christine: All good things come to an end huh? Hope your first day back is good!

Well to add to my sciatic pain, I am now sunburnt as well! Luckily its not too bad but I can feel it a bit. Chris went nuts over Jayden writing on the wall with pen yesterday, I got it off with magic eraser(anyone tried it? its...magic!!) I told him its not like he put a whole in the wall....which Chris had done by driving his car too close to some boxes in the garage which pushed some photo frames through the wall!

All is well with the baby...(I guess) I haven't been feeling as much movement over the past few days, but its still early days so I'm not worried. Still haven't had an Ob appt that's not until next week...Can't wait!

Spent most of yesterday in the pool (hence the sunburn). It was great being able to stay outside all day finally....but I had forgotten how exhausting the sun is!

Better go see when Jayden is going to wake up....Who was talking about late nights?? Elissa I think?? Jayden had Fri, Sat and Sun night going to bed at 10.30/11pm! Because we had nieces over Fri night, can't remember what we did Sat night then party on Sunday/Sunday night.....He had a great sleep yesterday to make up for it and sleeping in this morning.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast