Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #48

Christine - for me I would have been totally ok with having 2 girls at the start. I prob would have stopped, it wouldn't have bothered me never to get the boy. I guess for me it is a women thing, always dreamed of having a girl. Wouldn't change Lachlan for the world though. MMMmmmm.... sometimes....... hehe

I am pulling my hair out here.

Lachlan is harder then ever atm.

I normally give him his milk after b/fast in a disposable cup with the spout, only all the spouts were in the diswasher. So I gave him this cup that he has always had troubles with but haven't tried him for a while. A tommee tippe with the soft spout. Anyway he can't for the life of him get milk out of it, so I changed it to another of his regulars. Omg right nor wrong he wanted the cup he couldn't get the milk out of, so had to poor a little milk in it and give it back as well as give him the cup that drink out of (with milk in it). This was 20mins ago now and he is still sucking on the tomee tippe and the other one is just sitting beside him.

Gosh my child is adamant!!!! So so determined. Thinks he is a big boy b4 his time I reackon. Just finding it hard to deal with these situations, he is so determined.

Quote Originally Posted by shereejoy View Post
    Christine - for me I would have been totally ok with having 2 girls at the start. I prob would have stopped, it wouldn't have bothered me never to get the boy. I guess for me it is a women thing, always dreamed of having a girl. Wouldn't change Lachlan for the world though. MMMmmmm.... sometimes....... hehe
    true sheree, I didn't like to say before but if I had to have all one sex I would have wanted girls. DH was muc more excited about having a boy but i must say i love having a boy they are certainly different! Plus if I had to go through the horror of Jess' teen years knowing the I still had to go through it with another girl 14 years later I think I would shoot myself LOL I hear boys are much easier teenagers.
    Riley is very determined too, its his way or a very very loud protest!

Yeah I have heard boys are definitely easier teens. Lets hope so as my baby/toddler years have not been the best experience for Lachlan, I sometimes wonder if I was cut out as a mother, or maybe it is my age and I don't have much patience anymore!!!

I guess I just have to make the most of what I am given, I still love him dearly and we have lots of good times, but if I would have to generally compare boys and girls as babies, I do think girls are much much easier - GENERALLY SPEAKING.

What is it with their determined natures, guess he is pretty close to being a bull, only missed out by one day. I am a bull and pretty stubborn, although have mellowed with age too. I think it has to do with they just don't understand and want to grow up wayyyyy too quickly.

thanks for chatting to me, I feel selfish for feeling the way i am feeling at times, just need to get it out of my system and get over it!

My godness you girls were chatty last night, i couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

sheree - what link?? oh yeah i get what you mean by behavioural now, was too tired to think properly last night. By pin i meant pain Oh goodnes food ideas....

breakfast is 2 weetbix with soy milk and a cupful of grapes
    morning tea is a hot cross bun
    lunch is vegemite sandwich/mountain bread with avo and ham rolled up tightly and cut into littel bite size pieces and a cup of soy milk
    afternoon tea is tinned fruit mixed with soy yoghurt
    tea is BBQ chook with lettuce capsicum cucmber salad fetta cheese/chook schnitzel mash sweet pot and pot steamed beans and carrots

im really struggling with tea as i can't cook anything with tomatoes or cream or cheese, and without these basic ingredients there isn't a lot of yummy stuff to have. VERY interesting about the psychic reading you had done, i have never had one done but am interested in it, how amazing if Riley turned out ot be a girl!! Do you have a girls name JIC? I felt the same about having 2 girls i wouldn't try again, but if i had 2 boys i would try again. i agree that baby girls seem easier than boys, but am so glad i don't have to live with a teenage girl!!

christine - i certainly don't envy you having to live with 2 teenage girls, it will be interesting to see if you think Riley is an easier teenager when the time comes. My mum has had to go through 4 teenage girls, my youngest sister is still only 15!

Elissa - do you want the link for the bright bots stuff on ebay is what I meant by link.

Well our menu is (well this is what I send to daycare):
    B/fast -
    weetbix mixed with fruit puree and yoghurt

m/tea -
    half a banana
    few bits of granny smith apples
    and a heinz fruit museli bar
    (generally these get sent home)

Lunch - Ham sticks, cheese (sometimes), sultanas (that get sent home), country cheese biscuit with cream cheese and maybe a crusket (plain - will only eat it this way) oh and a yoghurt

Tea - our only success is: mashed potato with frozen vegies mixed in with whatever meat we are having finely chopped and mixed into it, if he is good we give him icecream

Basically our menu does not vary much more then this and even these things he becomes fussy on and doesn't want either. Our menu is very small, even without the food intolerances.

We have to feed b/fast and tea as this is the only way he will eat a good portion, otherwise he will only have 2 spoonfuls.

Lunch I let him go for it and don't stress about it too much.

I feel for you, I know when I had to cut out foods when breast feeding it was near impossible esp milk as everything has milk in it - EVERYTHING. So glad lachlan is not intolerant anymore, it is gr8.

It was a friend that did my reading, so I guess I trusted her alot more then anyone else.

I am pretty confident this one is def not a girl, def doesn't punch and kick me like a girl. Def a boy I reackon, and I saw that wee wee. At my 3d scan in a couple of weeks I will just double check, but not feeling like this one is a girl either. Gosh what a shock it would be if he came out as a she. Highly unlikely thou.....

Oh and have to agree on girls later on in life that is for sure.

sheree - about 5 mins after i posted i realised what link you meantthanks but dont worry about sending me the link, im sure i have seen them on ebay before, i will find them if i decide to by some, ta.

yeah intolerances are awfully hard to get around especially dairy and tomato! It is SO great that lachlan doesn't have intolerances any more, gives me hope that Archie will eventually grow out of it too. Gosh it must be frustrating that Lachlan refuses to eat though. We have the opposite children, Archie LOVES his food and will eat anything with dairy or tomatoes, but give him boring foods without those and he doesn't eat a lot.

It must be hard to read that you should be having a boya nd girl when you know that Riley isn't a girl, you must be trying hard not to entertain the thought of it being a girl so that you dont get "let down" again at the scan. What date is the scan?

After bribing him with lollies Archie has manged a 1.5 hour nap, thank goodness cause we are going to a friends place for tea tonight, so now we can stay til a decent hour

Agggh no I know this one is a boy, seriously, and I have def come that realisation. Its all good other then these other issues I have put forward to you all lately. Sound ungrateful, don't I?

Good work Archie.

My little man, nearly climb out again, three times I went in to him crying. 1st time he had thrown everything out including his bottle with water in it. So gave it back to him, chucked all his toys back in and told him, ur going to sleep!!! Walked back out. 2nd time I went back in he had done it all again only this time, I plonked him on his but and said right no toys they are staying under your cot, you are going to sleep! 3rd time I went in, he is asleep. Little ratbag, persistence is the key. And wade was going to get him out the 2nd time we went in, and I said no, one more time..... Grrr..........

Thats Riley's new trick too- he throws eveything out of his cot including his blanket and his dummy which he won't sleep without! Sheree- you are no way too old to cope!!! (I am 41!!)

At least you were alot younger then me when you had your first Christine. That is what I am finding hard. Not very tolerant these days. The business does not help thou.

Agggh these boys trying to cut out there day sleeps. Tell me this is not happening. It is too early, I need to sleep when our new baby is here!!!

yeah giving up the day sleeps really sux, i would panic if i was pregnant and he gave up his sleep! Archie refused edays sleeps for almost 2 weeks, and now he has had a sleep every day for almost a week, it takes a good hour or more for him to fall asleep and it takes bribes, lots of patience, and quite a bit of convincing that he just needs to have a very little sleep...

sheree - i reckon lachlan will keep his sleep for a while longer, hopefully it is just a passing stage

I just brought Archie home from our friends place Jay stayed behind to kep drinking of course. Arch was an absolute angel, we hardly knew he was there, he happily stayed up til 11:30. will be interesting to see if he has night terrors again though due to him being out of routine and being up so late...

How did Archie go?

Yeah just another phase, that is my favourite word at the minute. Gosh how many phases/stages do they go thru..... hehe

hiya all

busy today finishing one last question on my next maths assignment on triganomitry (sp) and then i am replastering the hall wall thanks to a 10 year olds foot and the lack of strength in gyprock oh what fun ( do you really want to talk about boys heading into teenagers arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh ) my girl is so easy compared to my middle boy though she can be quite Witchy Bit chy when she wants too hope every one had a good week end they go way to fast don't they

and i've scrubbed the bathroom walls with exit mould ready for painting and to top off my day my darling son as mentioned above also put is hand through our glass door of the tv unit today oh such joys

shazz - oh boys hey, they are not the most gentle creatures are they?! You have been extremely productive well done

sheree - Arch slept through til 7:30, didn't hear a peep out of him and he has been an angel all day today to, he is sleeping atm, hope this angel sticks around for a while. Yeah it is constant stages, i don't think it ever ends!

Warm here today, have friends coming over soon to play poker out in the shed, will fill the paddling pool up for Arch and the dog, nice fun relaxing afternoon i reckon

We are having a cleaning day, tidied our bedroom which was a pig sty!! Riley woke up at 6am!! Wouldn't go back to bed but luckily Jess got up at 8 and took over and I went back to bed until 11am. He went back to bed at 9am J said and slept until after 11. Jess has gone with her BF to pack hot cross buns cause his family own a Bakers Delight and they have heaps of orders, I am hoping they bring me some home YUM!
    Shazz- good luck with your assignments, you sound flat out. DON"T tell me anything stressful about older boys leave me in my blissful ignorance LOL
    Sheree- you get used to blaming first teeth then a "phase" LOL it works for me. DH is still going through some kind of phase I think.
    Elissa - sounds like a lovely way to spend sunday afternoon, hop Archie has fun.
    Leanne- hope the doc went well.
    Where are Kim and Nat????

I haven't been missing - I've been in Sydney for my 30th birthday!! Had a fantastic weekend too. My parents are the best parents!!!! We were so flat out for 4 days. Got some great pressies too.
    Feeling absolutley horrendous now though....god I didn't have morning sickness with Darcy.....

WTG SHazz on your assignment!
    Glad you finally got your broadband Sara.
    I think what you're feeling sounds totally normal Sheree. Funnily enough though, it is with trepidation that I go through this again, because I reaallly want another girl.
    Good to see you around Leanne.
    I can't find the other thread...is Jayden OK Tania?
    Oooh Jess send some out this way....

Talking

i had a sticky note on the computer to remind me it was your birthday Happy belated birthday Kim Glad you had a fab time and bummer about the morning sickness i was lucky i never really had it that bad thank goodness

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast