Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #5

Sara, I just hold her on my front like a koala (belly to belly). When I want to waash her belly I lay her on my arm and shield her face with my hand when I rinse her off. I'm not clever like Vic. I have to wait for DH to be around. So he can take her while I finish.

Oh Kellee, I'm so proud of you!! Cool the parents with prams thing sounds great. A few of the BB girls around here want to do tht too, so I hope they do. I love my walk everyday. I've become quite addicted and get a bit off if I don't go....so does someone else. Shazz I guess she's becoming like Ryan...though with a mum with OCD who's surprised??

Well I have one cranky cow here this afternoon. She didn't sleep at all well last night. I think cos it was so cold and she wanted to snuggle, but cos she's such a wriggler, I don't get any sleep. She screamed for a good hour at 1am and then would go back to sleep, scream, fart then go back to sleep - over and over. I guess she had wind or a belly ache. Was all right today, but she's so tired and cranky and now is not real fussed that I want her to go to bed. I know who has more patience though.....

Over being home by myself. Tommorrow we are going to a couple's house we met at antenatal classes. Their bub was born the same day as Darcy. Then Fri Cam is working and then going to the footy (Parra - not my cup of tea) so I will be home all day and night by myself, then Sat he has a buck's night - I so need my life back....... Should use the free time to scrapbook, but I just get tuck on here....rambling....can you tell I'm a bit lonely.....
    Last edited by ~Kim~; August 2nd, 2006 at 05:03 PM.

HI Everyone, Looks like its been very quiet in here today??

Kim: Your DH changes nappies?? LOL I wish DP did haha I taught him how to do it but he still won't. These boys have no idea I swear....I think I'd need a whole new thread to have to good whinge about my DP LOL, he's lucky I love him!!

Nat: Thanks heaps for signing the guestbook, I have got around to signing everyones yet, I did check out Em's site since the update......he's just beautiful!! I hope things go ok on Tuesday with Alison too, I've been bit down this week because of it.....and DP isn't helping. I went all day yesterday without visitors!! Except for a friend that came around with her bub but we were going for a walk so that is ok LOL. I hope your hayfever gets better, I've only had it a few times...Its bad I know LOL at Em in the bath, sounds like he really enjoyed himself...must try it with Jayden, he is still in the baby bath but there isn't much room for him now. And what a great sleep Em had, hope he keeps it up for you.

Sara: Glad you had a good time in Cairns.... Can't believe a 50kg cod, my DP will be very jealous haha best he's been doing lately is a 50gram whiting LOL (maybe not that bad). Poor Briley with the needles...more to the point poor you!!! Did she get a temp at all? jayden didn't, went really well and slept all afternoon....and me....didn't hurt me a bit LOL I'm a mean mummy!! How is the bleeding going? You were getting cramping as well weren't you? Are you still getting that too? I'm a bit scared to shower with Jayden especially if I'm home alone but I want to do it too.

Kellee: Visitor situation is CRITICAL!! I had the same SIL over again today even though she knew I had to do grocery shopping, she said I should leave Jayden with her, which I could have but I like taking him shopping. Then another SIL came over...now I can't be bothered going shopping, but we haven't even had bread for 3 days LOL SIL #1 knew I had no bread but hasn't bothered to get it for me on her way over....Sorry thats my B***h session LOL. I probably could say not to come over but I'm too nice LOL. Yes we had good sleep that night but last night was another story.....11pm...2am and didn't go back to sleep til about 3.30am then I think 7am I got up again, I am so tired today (3 guesses why I haven't had a sleep today LOL). Sounds lke you have your fair share of visitors too. Glad you liked playgroup....I should be doing something like that mix with other ppl other than DP's family! Charlie will get used to the other kids and he will have a ball!! Parents with prams sounds good too...exercise and socializing.

Sheree: Good luck tomorrow with you appt with Alison, hang in there it will all work out whether its breast or bottle, all we can do is our best!! What time is your appt?

Anyway after our horrible night last night, DP had the nerve to wake Jayden up properly at 7am when he was stiring a bit, so I went mad at him as I hadn't slept for very long. I had milk there but not as much as normal because I'd fed during the night but by the second feed there was nothing, I reckon jayden was on and sucking properly for 2mins on each side and then just started crying (obvioulsly because he wasn't getting anything), so I bit the bullet and gave him FF, he drank it all up and slept straight after and without even wanting his dummy. He is asleep again now but hasn't fed since 10.45 so has really filled him up!!

I gotta go for a walk now but I'll finish our update when I get home (DP is on night shift again YAY!!)

oxox
    Last edited by Tannis; August 3rd, 2006 at 04:05 PM.

Oh Vic, I'm laughing hard - quietly. That's so something I would do!! And yes Tania he changes nappies. He doesn't get up at night or do anything else, so nappies are the least of his worries.

I had a look at oyur website too Tania. Good job. Beautiful bubba.

Sheree, good luck tomorrow.

I had Dacry weighed today. Put on about 500gm in two weeks. I had noticed a new chin on her. I thought I was losing my milk, bu I guess not. She has been really clingy today, so not much done. She screamed so much in the car that she vomited a huge amount (taking her total lifetime number of vomits to 5 - she's not used to doing it at all) and I think it frightened her and she inhaled a bit. Will keep an eye on her chest I think for a few days.
    I have a life and a husband tonight, going out for dinner, so won't be haunting the boards - bet I miss u all and you are all here....

Kim ~ Yay @ Darcy putting on that much weight! And LOL at the new chin! I noticed today that Em is getting these cute little rolls on his leg lmao!! So cute!! I hope you enjoy dinner tonight. We are just bumming as I'm not feeling very well at all!LOL @ being lonely I am exactly the same!! Ramble, ramble, ramble LOL. Sorry she was grumpy for you! I really should re-start my scrapbooking!

Vic ~ LOL at whoever finds it changes it. DP often tries what we have labelled as a 'discreet handover' rofl! I've taken the hard line and it never works with him anymore and I must admit watching him use 20 wipes to clean a dirty bum which then results in an entire outfit change is quite funny.... Yay for getting a puppy!! How exciting!! I'm going to get one for Em next year for Christmas and I'm already excited LOL. What a dag I am.... I am going to try Snugglers during the day. I've got the $ but I figure why spend it if I don't have to??

Tannis ~ No probs I love checking out peoples websites - well the people that I chat with and get to know that is! Yay for no visitors yesterday that must have been a relief! Don't people get that you just want some space lol?? I think people think that you sit at home all day and do nothing... I've never been busier in my life LOL and I love the days where I can just sit at home by myself and chill out! Don't feel down about the BF stuff - you're a great mum and Jayden loves you. Whether you BF or FF he is still going to love you! Poo @ DH for waking him up - that would have made me mad as well!

Kellee ~ LOL @ your place looking like a brothel.You crack me up girl!! You sound so busy!! (exclamation marks lol!!!) Glad to hear play group went well and the Pram thing sounds great. What a great way to meet other mums and get fit at the same time!! I love it!!

Well I have spent the afternoon on the couch.I feel like crap! Just about to sit down now and watch Lost but I thought I'd pop in and say hi. Will chat to you all tomorrow when I hopefully fell better??

Hi again everyone,

I felt heaps better after my walk, I vented to my friend while were out (poor girl!!). If I get a phone call tomorrow from any SIL I will put my foot down and say no I need ME time!! I spoke to my mum last night (she's in Melb) and she agrees with DP about putting Jayden on formula. I don't love or hate BF but I would like to keep going just because we had come so far.....and I want to love it. Crossed fingers that we have a good night tonight. I'll leave my gripes with DP out of this post LOL

Vic: LOL...playing tricks on each other, that is so funny!! I would do that too if DP changed nappies...but poor Jayden would be sitting in poo until he was old enough to change himself if I wasn't around!! I haven't used sick kid as an excuse yet...but I have used 'Its too cold to take te baby out'. HOW EXCITING....A NEW PUPPY!! You will manage I'm sure!

Kim: My DP does NOTHING!!! I really gotta get tougher I think haha. Thank you for signign the guestbook, it was really nice, hope you don't get sick of me whinging about DP and his family LOL. WTG Darcy!! 500g is fantastic. Do you demand feed or routine? I demand feed but its apparently not working . Jayden would vomit probably 5 times a day!! Maybe not that bad anymore, but he still does it. I hope Darcy is ok...I'm sure she will be. Hope you enjoyed your night out!!

Well nearly fed time then early to bed hopefully!

Night all

oxox

Tannis, Darcy never cries during the day when she's hungry so I went to routine. At least then I know she gets fed enough. At night she seems to stick to it. I guess it's like when you set your alarm to get up in the morning after a while your body just knows when it's time.

Morning Girls,

We had a good night last night....I swear this kid is messing with me LOL one good night, one bad night, one good night haha. Got him to sleep at 11pm and slept til 5am then went straight back to sleep til 8am, he coughed thats what woke me up and I think it woke him too, but I feel great today.....I've had my shower and brekki I'll just wait til Jayden wakes for another feed then we will fly out the door before anyone can ring and stop me LOL. DP has today and all weekend off, so we'll see how I feel by the end of the weekend haha. I hate to say it but Jayden and I are a lot more relaxed when DP isn't here, DP can't stand the crying (not that he Jayden cries that much) so when he does cry for a feed I feel I have to make him be quiet straight away and go to another room to feed him in case he cries again, if we are on our own I can let him cry a bit and then feed him where ever I want.

Nat: I've used snugglers, I didn't find anything wrong with them only that they don't look as nice as huggies (love pooh bear ) and to me they feel a bit thinner, but they haven't leaked. I only had a few because a my friends daughter was getting nappy rash from them and I took a few to try Jayden with them and he was fine so I'll prob get the rest of the box off her. I love checking other ppl's websites too, I have had a quick look at everyones but as I said haven't signed any guestbooks yet...(I will I promise hehe). I've never been busier either I thought I would get bored staying home and not working, but I wouldn't have time to go back to work anyway LOL. I know it was silly to be down about the feeding thing, I think I was just overtired and emotional....its weird getting emotional as I never used to be LOL. I hope your feeling better today, are you getting sick? OOO your not preggas again are you?? LOL

Kim: Darcy is a good girl!! I think I might try routine but I'll wait until I've had my appt with Alison see what she thinks. I heard on Kerri-ann yesterday that if you routine feed your body gets used to when its feed time and will produce better quality milk than when you demand feed, and she said to demand feed over night. It all makes sense and its working for you and Darcy.

Well best get ready to go otherwise I'll have a heap of ppl here LOL.....I have an undercover wear party tonight at SIL #6's place, but I will check in later.

Have a great day

xoxox

Well, I've been a busy girl this morning. I cracked it with DH( who was talking to someone I would rather him not talk to!) and then took a leisurely walk into town with three children.Went to school to give the kids their playlunch and came home with Tim who had fallen asleep in the classroom. Normally Patrick hates being in the pram but today he was quite good, his cough has come back but we are keeping him warm and not letting him get too upset.

I am really sick!! I have a head cold (Thank you DP) and then this morning I woke up to gut pains and a gastro! I havenít vomited yet (all the other end sorry TMI) but I really feel quite ****! So Iím not going anywhere today! Yesterday I went out for lunch with a friend from work Ė got home and promptly snuggled on the couch and the fell asleep on the bed snuggling Em LOL. I was awoken by DP calling me (grrr) but he made up for it by doing a late night Maccas run lol! Just wanted to pop in so I donít fall behind again! I just got Em to sleep and hopefully he sleeps for a few hours!

Tannis ~ Def time to put your foot down. Having that time alone with Jayden and to yourself is good to have! Good luck with it! I must admit that I have had NO visitors during the day Ė even when Em first came home! Oh Iíve had a few here or there but other then that nothing!! I hate that ďparanoid to keep them quietĒ feeling Ė I was like that a bit with DP at first and then I realised it was more me then him and I got over it LOL. I do get it when Iím out though! Glad to hear he had a good night! Def NOT pregnant again LOL. I have the implanon implant in so unless that has failed (god forbid!) Iím in the clear! I am going to try the snugglers when I get to the shops. I was going to go today but Iím just to sick so I will venture out tomorrow. Its not silly to be feeling down Ė I feel down over the strangest things lately. Iím def a whole lot more emotional then I ever was these days!

Jess ~ Glad to hear you had a nice work and :hugs: on the DH talking to that person! I hope Patricks cough gets better soon!

I canít work out if Iím hungry or sick lol. Just going to catch up on some threads. Iím alright atm I think. Iím still doing washing (crazy girl I knowÖ) I wish there was actually something good on day time teleÖ I canít be bothered starting scrap booking right nowÖ I spose I could finish off my bookÖ BBL (if I'm up to it!)

Afternoon girls,

Well I spoke too soon, not long after I finished my post and was about to feed Jayden MIL called to see what we were doing today!! I said we had photo's to get printed and groceries..."Oh we'll come with you then!" she says. I said ok and I'd meet her there and off I went to feed jayden.....I swear to god 10 mins later there is a knock at the door...MIL!!! Who knows why she bothered coming over when I said I will meet you there. While she was here SIL #1 called to see what we were upto. DP decided to come shopping too (big mistake letting him!!)so it was us, MIL,FIL,SIL and niece (who took another day off school for period pain) All was going well at the shops until Jayden wanted another feed so I went to feed him and DP, SIL and niece started the food shopping.....$180 later!! Little bit too much for 2 ppl I think!! I just keep thinking, it can only get better LOL.

Jess: A walk into town sounds good, how was the weather though? BAD DH for talking to bad ppl! Poor Patrick, hope he gets better soon. How come Tim fell asleep in class? Is he coming down with something too?

Nat: POOR YOU!! Maybe it was something you ate yesterday? Glad your not preggas again haha I would spend a few days on the couch or snuggling in bed with Em make sure you get over whatever it is properly. Your very lucky not having a heap of visitors, although none would get a bit loney I guess. Once or twice a week I don't mind but DP's family is just so big!! I was thinking about getting implanon but I've heard some women bleed heaps with it......Which is the other reason I want to keep BF as I haven't had AF yet YAY!! But Dr also said some women don't bleed at all, not sure what I want to do yet. My moods will pick up again soon I'm sure, just need sleep, eat properly and perhaps lose the IL's LOL. I hope you feel better soon!!

Well I'm off to put photos and dvd of Jayden in albums for my Melb friends and family then get ready for this undercover wear party.

If we aren't too late I will check in again.

oxox

Tania, you must be such a nice person. I'd be intolerant waaaaayyy before now....or maybe I've just become nasty and cynical from the job....or maybe it's cos I don't like the IL at all.....

just wanted to wish you all a great weekend
    i start back at work tomorrow now instead of tuesday ( i'm a little nervous to tell you the truth i'm gunna miss my little guy i just know it )

took ryan to the doctor today about his change in his bowel habits long story i've posted in beastfeeding thread if anyone is interested
    any way i'm off to bed

LOL Kim I think I'd be the same!

Tania ~ OMG @ that amount of people. I would go bonkers! I don't know if its because I am used to not having any at all but that would drive me mad. I like my own space. I also prefer to visit people sometimes rather then everyone visit me. Sure its more work but it gets me out of the house and I can choose when its time to go! I had the implanon put around about 6 weeks ago (I think) I had a few weeks of spotting which is clearing up now and so far so good. My Dr said the same thing. It will either be good for or bad. He said they take up 30% out of those they put in because they're not compatible. But for the 70% that work its amazing. Like I said so far, so good. I hope the party is good tonight.

Shazz ~ Good luck at work tomorrow sweety! I'm sure you will be just fine. Work flew by real fast for me last weekend (only 4 hours though) and I was fine! I hope Ryan is ok!

After Tania made that comment about being PG again I thought to myself what would happen if I was! :eek: Went though all the options etc and all I can say is I take my hat off to you Vic. You do an amazing job.

I am feeling a bit better. Still crampy but better then today. I've been eating a bit too which is good. Staying in tonight - I have a few crappy DVD's to watch and my folks just dropped around some coke for me LOL. I have an addiction and when I'm sick its worse. When I had morning sickness coke and M&M's did the trick rofl!! 2 minutes ago the thought of M&M's made me feel sick and now the thought is appealing!! It is coming and going in waves right now... I hope its gone by tomorrow!! Have a nice night girls!!

Morning,

Last night was pretty good, Jayden slept on the way over there but woke up to his adoring fans cooing over him haha, he was happy sitting up in his pram talking and smiling away until one of my nieces pinched his cheeks and he started to cry and it wasn't really bad crying but he wouldn't stop until I got him back and he went back to sleep even though he was due for a feed. Then SIL #3 says " Any wonder he's not putting on weight if you don't feed him!" I am too nice, her comment upset me but I still said nothing, of course I didn't say anything to her for the rest of the night either. I ended up waking him for a bottle as it had been nearly 5 hrs since his last feed (FF must fill him up so much more!!). We didn't end up getting home til I think it was nearly 11pm.

I honestly don't know how I am putting up with it, I love my own space too. I'm the same Nat, I would rather go out to meet someone or go to their house so I can leave whenever I've had enough. Even saying that I'm tired and I want to have a sleep, they don't go they just say off you go we'll wake you when Jayden wants a feed!! I have to stop thinking about it I think, its not doing my supply any favours I'm sure!!

Kim: All my IL's mean well, but even if they didn't I live in a small town where I don't know very many ppl...I have to like them LOL I do have some of my own friends from work and DP's mates GF's but its not the same as my friends in Melb

Shazz: Hope you have fun at work, you will be fine! I hope Ryan is getting better....I couldn't find there you posted in the Breastfeeding thread (I'm probably looking in the wrong one hehe)

Nat: Still not sure about the impanon, DP def doesn't want any more babies in the near future and the mini pill isn't reliable enough - Well not so much the pill as it is me that won't be reliable enough to take it properly LOL

Vic: I agree with Nat, it takes a special person to raise 4 kids so close together, I would go crazy I think LOL congrats to you for doing such a wonderful job!!

Well Jayden is stiring now so I better have a quick shower, DP's playing footy today and I think I might go to SIL #4's house to get my hair done (she's a hairdresser) I'm going blonde I think but I will just get foils and go blonde gradually.....I haven't had my hair done since I was about 28wks preg!! Oh and I am having my first baby free and DP free night tonight, I'm going out with work...I hope I don't miss Bubs too much and come home early!! DP is looking after Jayden but I am getting SIL #1 to come and supervise LOL.

Hope you all have a great day

oxoxox

Feeling so much better today girls! Thank god! The cramps and waves of sickness have gone! Em of course didn't sleep through for 8 hrs either! He went down at about 10, woke up at 2 and then again at 6!! He must have a built in radar and knew I was sick hehe!!

Vic ~ I am going to the shops now to buy M&M's rofl. The perfect recovery food from being sick!!! ROFL @ driving DH nuts talking when he gets home. I am the same with DP but sometimes it doesn't matter if I've seen people or not. I'm a chatter if you can't tell....

Tania ~ Grrr @ SIL#3 how dare she! I would have looked at her, one eyebrow raised with the look of death on my face and said "Excuse me..." in a really sharp tone!!! Well that's what I think I would have done!! Cracks me up that you have SIL#1, SIL#2 etc. You poor thing! You sound overloaded. I know how hard it would be not to offend them because of course they are family and like you said some of the only 'contacts' you have. Have you considered joining a playgroup or mothers group at all?? I feel PG on the pill so it definately isn't reliable for me hence the implant! No more unplanned babies in my future rofl as much as I love my little boy!! Enjoy your night out tonight I'm sure you will be fine!!

I'm off to do my grocery shopping today and a few other bits and pieces. Not doing too much otherwise. I should get some scrap booking done seeing as I bought a new Anne Geddes set... and the girls in SA thread are threatening to come down to my place so I can 'show' them all what I've done so far *gulp* yep time to do some scrapbooking!!! Will pop back in later and see if any one has been in. Its been quiet the past few days... where is everyone??

heres the post from the breastfeeding thread Sorry guys i just cut and pasted
    i took Ryan to the MCHN yesterday and she weighed him he is 6.4kg and because he had only gained 80 grams in a week and has been pooing like a little poo machine instead of his normal one every 7 days she wanted me to take him to the doctors which i did to my total amazement this is what happened i told her everything that has been happening with him she checked him out and said he was perfectly healthy other then a slight runny nose then her response was well i think you should put him on formula he must be allergic to your milk WTF?????? i have gone through nearly four months of hell to be able to BF him just for a doctor to turn around after one visit to say this i couldn't beleive it i must have looked totally horrified cause then she completely changed her tune and prescribed maxalon to help increase my supply i don't get doctors if i had my way i wouldn't have taken him at all as his been pooing big deal he was still feeding at all the right times sleeping and generally a happy little mite just throught i'd share

so there where we are at all fun and games here ...

any way work went well Ryan was fairly good for dad they have asked me to do tomoorow as well so an early start 7 am jeez i hope i make it in time

Shazz, why does everybody attribute everything thats' wrong with your baby to breastfeeding??? Grrrr. Darcy only put on 50g a couple of weeks back and it turned out it was becasue she WAS fussing as I was getting AF back. Now I've had it so often she must be used to it, but the pooing was dreadful - HOWEVER whyd o people not ask adults what they're eating or how it's being presented when they have something wrong with them huh?? - COS IT'S NOT ALWAYS RELATED TO WHAT THEY'RE EATING!!!!
    Great job though for getting through work today and best of luck tomorrow with being on time.

Nat great you're feeling better.

Tania, have a great night tonight.

Oh Vic I LOVE M&Ms but bugalugs has just gone to sleep and DH is at a bucks night - I guess I'll just have to dream.....

We had our reunion this arvo. Not many turned up, but those that did are probably the only ones I would want to keep in contact with so that was good. We're going to start our own mothers group as not many of us have one, so that will keep me busy. Might go and make an early dinner and get some sleep as we had a shocker last night....don't know what I'd do with a live in husband these days LOL (I see him so rarely)...

Kellee, Alison, Ang, Sheree, and everyone else hope you're having a lovely weekend.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi girls,
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Well unfortunately AF returned today (*sigh*). Almost 12 months to the day since I last had it. Phoebe has feed well today so doesn't seem to have effected her, at this stage. After having my son it returned the same time (when he was 3 months old) and within 6 weeks he was on formula so hoping I don't run into the same probs...little nervous.

Samuel has been sick this week with a virus, and has had the worst runny nose I have ever seen in my life. I have spent the week running around after him with tissues. By the end of the day though his sleeves on his jumper are full of yucky snot and he has even taken to wiping his nose on Phoebe's sleeves....little bugger.

Well I had big plans to tidy up my computer desk today so I could do some scrapbooking, trying to get it done tonight. I have just received a heap of scrapbooking stuff that I purchased off ebay and still have more to come next week....so I am hanging out to get stuck into it.

Vic ~ I too am a chatterbox when my DH comes home from work. Well I sit and listern to how his day went, my day has been just as important....even if it was full of pooy nappies and runny noses LOL.

Nat ~ Good to hear that you are feeling better. Wow @ the Anne Geddes set, I love them...I would have bought one of those, but had already purchased other baby albums.

Tania ~ what a horrible comment for SIL to make. I think I would have done the same as what Nat said. I think that if Jayden was hungry then he wouldn't have gone to sleep!!! So DP definately doesn't want anymore children....but what about you??? Have a great time tonight!

Shazz ~ Isn't it so annoying, just because a baby is BF, all the problems even the little ones stem from that and FFing is going to fix everything. What a joke. Phoebe's weight gain some weeks is small and others above average, to me this doesn't mean that she isn't getting enough, allergic or anything...go with what YOU think is right, if Ryan is feeding at the normal times, sleeping and generally happy then that's great, not a problem. I'm with you....I don't get doctors either!!

Scrappy ~ Good one on starting up your own mothers group, hope it all goes well.....yes it definately will keep you busy.

Hi to everyone I have missed....Take Care X

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast