Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #52

I can't believe this is your 1st funeral Elissa, you are very lucky. My DDs have already been to the funerals of 4 great grandparents and their grandma (my mum) Once I had 3 funerals in 4 weeks, my then BFs grandad, my cousin who was the same age as me who killed himself and then my grandma (other side from the cousin) Not a good time!
    Well done Shazz, I think thats a great mark.
    Hope you are feeling better Leanne and DH remembered your birthday.
    Love to everyone else.

Hi all, been missing in action for a week as we had paed appt and gyno appt. Just a fleeting visit sorry, so sorry for no personals. I am following the Tizzie Hall routine for Riley and just started so trying to get it all happening. Really need a routine this time and a good one at that, having a toddler and all!

My appt went well, wound is had healed really well this time. Had a papsmear and find out results in 3 weeks. So hopefully it is still only low grade or even disappeared - NOW WOULDN'T THAT BE GR8.

Riley's appt didn't go so well. I have just been told by paed he has a heart murmor. This has really put a good run to a negative spin. Not only has he got a belly button hernia, tongue tie, hyraceal (fluid on the testicals), but now a god dam HEART MURMOR. Poor tyke. I need to do some research to find out if I should be worrying or not! I guess I am just guilt ridden atm! Wondering what I did wrong when I was pregnant. And also wondering if other things are going to pop up with his health in the future. I know I should be positive, but I just feel ordinary - like I have caused these things. Sorry for the downer gals, just needed to vent!

christine - what an awful time you have had with funerals, you are right i am very lucky

sheree - Huge hugs to you. You poor things having all these health issues for Riley thrown at you, to a degre i can understand how you are feeling atm, when Arch had his op, all went well and we were being discharged then the doc tells us our baby has urinary reflux and will have to be on meds every day for at least a year and may have to be operated on at 12 months old. That is nothing compared to poor little Riley, but i can understand that you know he has 1 or 2 issues so you get your head around those and put a positive spin on them, then you get even more thrown at you and your heart sinks, and that guilty feeling like you must be responsible for his problems. You probably know this already, but Riley's problems are just unlucky, its nothing you have done to him, you are an incredible mum, just remember that. God only gives us what he knows we can handle, he knows what an incedible mum you are, and knows that you are strong enough to handle Riley's health issues like a pro. You are the best mum Riley could have. Its great that your wound is healing so well, and GL with the new routine, hope it works well for you.

We just got back. The funeral was so great (as far as funerals go). I bawled my eyes out while Jay did his little speech thingy. The family did suh a great job of organising the whole thing it was really sweet. Nonna watched bits of Jane McGrath's funeral on telly and commented to her daughter in law that the coffin was so nice, so Nonna got buried in the very same type of coffin, it was nice to know that she got what she wanted. Archie has been a misery with this awful cold. The cough is yuk. He and I have spent many waking hours together at night. He was hanging out to get home the poor thing, he has been in his bed sleeping since 4pm, so he must be relieved to finally be home in his bed again.

I found out on wednesday that my Riley has a heart murmur too Sheree. I have one too so I am not concerned but I remember when I found out I had one I freaked but after testing they just found it is a non functional murmur or something similar which meant it doesn't affect the workings of my heart at all. The GP wasn't at all worried baout Riley either.

Oh Sheree, it's not your fault!!!! You might find it clears as he gets older. Often babes are born with small holes that just heal themselves.
    Oh buggar about big RIley too Christine - how did they find thhat?
    Glad it was nice for her (Nonna) Elissa. I live in a town full of Nonnas and nonnos lol. I didn'nt go to a funeral until after I was 21 either. My mum didn't believe children should go to funerals (all my GPs died before I was 7). I'm hoping I don't have to teste whether I have that belief for Darcy for a loong time.

kim - i wasn't allowed to go to funerals either when i was little, i don't really know if i believe kids should or shouldn't go. Jay's Grandpa is really frail and surely wont hold onto life for too much longer, and we are all extremely close to him, Archie is named after him, he raised Jay. He is a beautiful man and it will be a trully awful funeral, i honestly don't know how we are all going to cope through it. So there will be a whole heaps of crying and stuff but i feel that Archie should be there for some reason. I wouldn't want Archie to get upset about everyone crying and being sad though, so he probably wont go, its a hard decision to make thats for sure.

I didn't take iley to Daniel's grandmother's funeral a few weeks ago as i felt he would just be disruptive but Erin went to my mum's when she was 2 cause mum wanted her there. Mum arranged for the minister to announce at the start that Erin was there as part of her wishes and she was to be allowed to walk around freely and no one was to take her outside if she made a noise. TBH I have no idea what she was like during the service cause I was a mess but I think she was pretty quiet.
    I personally fel that when children can understand a bit of what is happeneing they should attend funerals as its closure for them and its a part of life.

i agree Christine that a funeral is great closure for everybody. I agree that kids should go to funerals if they are old enough to understand a bit about death. It is so great that your mum organised to have Erin at the funeral, thats fantastic. I really hope Jay's Grandpa hangs on for another year or so, as Archie adores him and if he is that much older we might be able to teach him about life and death a bit.
    I think i am catching Archies cold, have a blocked up head, YAY! Archie slept through last night, so he is a different kid this morning

Hello ladies!!

I just came in to congratulate a pregnant friend and thought I'd pop by and say hi. Keeping myself super busy as usual.

Sheree I'm so sorry to hear that Riley is having a tough time! Poor little tyke!

Kim OMG Congrats babe! 10 weeks already!! That is awesome news. I am so happy for you!

Leanne HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweets. Glad you had a good one!

Christine I am off to prac again this semester. Its my first semester full time and the first half is accelerated... I think I am crazy lol!!! Fingers crossed I can handle it!!!

Loving these new smilies lol! Em is going great guns! He had his tonsils and adenoids removed a few weeks ago and suffered a bit the poor mite but he is going so well now. His eating has improved and so has his sleeping which is great. He is talking heaps and is such a gorgeous helpful boy! Me - well I am keeping myself busy as usual. I am finally getting myself into a steady routine with uni and managing it all really well. I got 2 Credits and 2 Distinctions last semester which I am really proud of. I have also been seeing someone new for a few months and things are going really really well I think I finally found a keeper ladies

Alright I best go eat my dinner... a late one I know! I hope you don't mind me gate crashing and saying hi!! Love to you all!!!

hi Nat!! Great to see you back here, i am very excited to hear about your love life, you must be thrilled!

Nat lovely to see you, when do we get the details of the new man????

lol what is it you want to know... ?? He is the nicest man I've ever met lol and pretty easy on the eye ! Admittedly we are still in the honeymoon stage but I've never been treated so well... back massages, presents, compliments - the works! He is amazing with Emerson and Em loves him to bits which is great.

It is just so nice to be in a relationship where we compliment each other's personalities and work together. I'm so used to the unhealthy, destructive type that its been a bit of a culture shock He says he's not that great and that I have low standards because of everything I've been through I still think he's pretty wonderful myself lol.

Anywho enough of my lovesick rambling I have uni work to get to hehe!

Oh what fab fab news Nat. I am so pleased for you. You deserve it. Just enjoy though ok.

sheree - have you found out any more info about Riley's heart murmur?

No not really, only that it is pretty common and most childrens hole in the heart grows over. I am assuming seeing as the paed only wants to see up in 6mths that she is not too concerned about Riley's. It was just we were starting to get a string of health conditions that it all overwhelmed me. But everything is fixable really and not too serious. Just hard not to worry when then there were a few things thrown at me. Hopefully this is the end to all his problems and he is a pillar of health. Def a big healthy boy that is for sure. He was 5.28kgs at 5.5 weeks old, born at 3.475kgs. Have a 6.5 week check up tomorrow, I wonder what he weighs now! Lachlan never reached 5.28kgs until he was 20 weeks old. How different are my boys!!!! Thanks for asking Elissa. You are very supportive to me and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

wooohoo Nat I'm so so happy for you you deserve happinesss chicky enjoy it and woohoo on the uni grades thats great i am so worried i won't pass biology it is just so full on

sheree - i am relieved for you that Riley's dr doesn't seem concerned about his heart. Glad you are feeling less overwhelmed about everything. You are right, Riley will probably be the healthiest most robust kid around from now on. No need to thank me, you return that support to me too, i am very thankful for finding this group, i would have ben lost without it over the last 18 months.

Just been reading heaps about Aropax (antidepressant), i am quite keen to start cutting it back and get of it now as it seems the longer you are on it the longer and more severe the withdrawal symptioms are. Will make an appointment with my GP and get his advice, he told me when i started that he would advise me to cut back very slowly so i don't get to bad withdrawals, i trust him and hope that he is right! I just hope i can cope with life without them...sorry i should prob post this in a different section, just feels so safe and comfy in here

Elissa I weaned myself off my PND meds and it has been about 3 months without it now. I am taking high doses of fish oil, (about 3000 mg / day) and my doctor says that that is a good thing.
    Good luck with it honey....we're here for you.

I just lost my whole assignment in word. For some stupid reason my pc did not save it properly and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Just spent 3 hours retyping the very first rough and scribbled all over draft that I had luckily printed.

Oh... and Katy put sultanas up her nose yesterday. Noice. They were right up there. Luckily I had my eye brow tweezers close to hand, or might have been a little trip to the hospital....
    And tonight when mark farted she goes "Mummy, daddy did a smelly fluffy!". She does not say much, but she can say that? What the?
    Boy I love this age.
    Anyway, back to study for me

MWAH!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast