Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #10

Ash, wow your avi does look fantastic!!

Very quick selfish post from me - sorry! I am totally stressing out cause I am going to work tomorrow aarghh!!!! I want to take all my hols so I can get some money hehe, but I am not entitled to them until I return from my mat leave - anyway long story, so I rang work to see what I can do, so I am going in tomorrow so am "officially" back at work, so can then take my holidays!!! Won't be so bad, they were actually looking for someone when I rang to do our growth and development clinic for our premmies cause the usual chickie is away. So was good timing that I rang, so they said come in tomorrow and do the clinic! My prob is I am totally unprepared - poor Angus has no milk so am going to express now and set an alarm for later tonight to get up and express. Hope he is ok cause he has been a bit grizzly cause OMG WE HAVE A TOOTH YAY!!!!! Finally popped through yesterday, he was pretty good though and didn't complain too much thank goodness. So anyway, I am really nervous as I have only ever left him for a few hours and he was asleep for the night. First day time being apart from him, and him being away from boobies! Only have 5 babies to see in clinic o hopefully will finish about 2ish. WIll pop in tomorrow night and fill you all in!! Hope Grandma survives!!! Night night!!

Good luck today Shell! I'm sure you will be fine hun and Angus will love being with grandma! It is hard to leave them for the first time though.

Good luck today Shelle!!! Yay for Angus getting a tooth!!
    I have finally set a day for going back to work, not looking forward to it

Yay for Angus's tooth and for going back to work. I'm sure it will be fine!!!!

Blake cut his 4th tooth yesterday, it's crazy how quickly the first 4 came up (all within 5 weeks). Hopefully he starts sleeping a little better, night before last he slept till 4:30am it was great. Last night...don't even go there lol

Michelle - good luck today. Its pretty awful leaving them but I'm sure he'll be spoilt rotten by grandma. I think its even worse when you come home and they're like "oh, hi. Now where was I . .." which my little poppet did the last time I left her with mum!!

Ash - wow for Blake's fourth tooth. That's incredible. I know what you mean about sleeping - Izzy has another one coming through and OMG nights are awful at the moment. I hope they settle down for a while so that he (and you) can get a few good nights in.

Tan - OMG. Izzy up on her hands and feet. Toddler proof your house now!!!! I'm excited about my Izzy moving but I'm not so secretly hoping she doesn't get the knack of it until the Christmas tree has been taken down!!

My little princess is not a happy camper at the moment. She has definitely got another tooth coming through and now has a cold to go with it. Poor little thing is one big dribbling, snotty machine. Yesterday she snuggled with me all day - not good for getting anything done but I just couldn't put her down when she was feeling so miserable. I'm much happier now about having another girl. I had always thought it would be nice to have two girls given they will be so close together so I'm not sure why I was suddenly unhappy not to have a boy. I guess its the old grass is greener thing. And I got more fluffy mail today - yayyyy. Kristen - you MUST get a Berry Plush. OMG they feel so beautiful. I've been rubbing it all over DH's face all morning (don't worry - Iz hasn't worn it yet!!) and even he is saying its the nicest one. Hopefully it will be just as good on her little botty!

Anyway, off to do heaps of cooking. Got friends coming over tonight for a "How to Host a Murder Night'. Never done one before but really looking forward to it. Have a great day everyone.

sorry guys i havent posted in a while. I have definitely been reading though!

hope you had a great day today Shell!

Lulu: congrats on another princess. You are very blessed

ash: yay on the 4th tooth!

tan: omg go izzy!!

sarah: happy birthday!!!!

Mason now has 2 teeth at the bottom and is still sleeping atrociously. last night was a good night and i only got up 5 times from 9 til 6am.

masons christening is on sunday so i cant wait to show you all pictures! xx

Selfish one here...
    We have had the night from hell. As if waking every 3 hours wasn't bad enough, last night it was 2 hourly until 3 then 1 hourly til 6 I am exhausted, and at 4 I just bawled my eyes out for about an hour and [email protected]@dy Al just lies there with a "what do you want me to do" I could have killed him. I kow he has to work his 6 day in a row today but honestly - I have worked for 6 mths in a row with no break. I finally got up and fed her AGAIN to get some sleep, but I think it might be time for tough love. I can't keep doing this- I'm hating feeding her, I'm sleepwalking most nights early on because I have weird dreams about breastfeeding and get this, feeling trapped and for the sake of my mental health it has to be done. Now just to figure out how letting her cry(even when we hold her she screams knowing she won't get booby) will be better? I'm not sure but something's gotta give and my boobies are staying away at night.
    Sorry for the vent ladies - arrrghhh sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy...

I know how you feel Tan, and when I get my own place I'll be starting the tough love scenario. Blake wakes up and screams and won't even take a bottle sometimes so I just get at my wits end and let him scream on the floor while I rest my eyes on the couch. I figure there is nothing I can do, and he is so strong that he actually hurts me when he pinches/kicks/hits, so the ground is the best place for him and me.

Tan - Vent away hun, we are all here for you :hugs:

Oh Tan

They really know how to test us don't they. Sometimes tough love is the best love they need, cause it is not only you missing out on much needed sleep. Bubs get grumpy and tired and then if your're anything like me your DH will cop the brunt of it all!!! Since Angus's tooth popped through, he has been sleeping from about 7.30pm till 4am. He wakes sometimes in between briefly, but if I am quick enough with the dummy he goes back to sleep. It is his daytime sleeps that we are struggling with. He only likes to sleep for 20mins at at time, so hence I do not get much done around the house, unless I stay up after he has gone to bed at night.

But, work yesterday went well!! Angus had his bottle substitute for booby and didn't even complain. I have to say I dont think he even missed me!! He did have 2 very full boobs when I got home so if anything he missed his boobies but not me! Was actually nice to have some time away though, even though I was stressing abit, I did have a nice day iykwim!!

Anyway, I can hear my boy awake now so I betta go! Good luck Tan. And Ash you are right, sometimes we just have to put them down for their sake and ours!! God knows I have done it and went and sat in the back yard to take a few deep breaths (and maybe a wine)!!

Take care and I think we all need it!!!

Tan - huge hugs. Do you express? If you do, I'd be kicking Al out of bed at least once per night to give Izzy a bottle for him. I've said it a few times in here but I'll say it again. I don't accept that the men work all day so they get the nights off. We work too - bloody hard!! DHs days are about 10 hours long (unless they're my DH in which case its maybe 6!!) 5 or 6 days a week. Ours are 24 hours, 7 days a week. Al is just as responsible for your little princess and he won't come to any harm at all if he takes over for a good two or three nights in a row so you can at least try to catch up. I really don't know what else to suggest. I've had the worst week this week with my Izzy having terrible nights, including one night where she woke screaming every 40 minutes. I was beside myself feeling sick and tired, but that's nothing compared to you having done it hard for months now.

Ash - I agree with the time out thing too. There are some times when they're better off out of our arms while we get a break.

Michelle - I'm glad your day went well. I don't know about you, but I sort of enjoy the fact that I can have a good time while I'm out, but I miss Izzy like crazy and am thrilled to get home to her.

Well, like I said above Iz has been a nightmare this week. She's such an unhappy little girl but its getting really tough getting up for her so frequently. DH got up for her a couple of nights ago and bless him, stayed in a spare bedroom upstairs so he could get some sleep in between her screams, but I wouldn't hear a thing all night. She's hardly eating a thing and sleep is just so hard to come by for her. I really hope this cold passes quickly and whatever her teeth are doing, they sort themselves out.

Maybe we need to all write letters to Santa asking for peaceful babies who sleep through the night??

I agree Lulu, all I want is a sleep in but I don't think that's going to happen!

At Myer you can get the most gorgeous outfit that says "All my mummy wants for Christmas is a silent night". I really wanted one for Livvy but they didn't have her size.

Oh Dan - I've seen HEAPS of them here and I'm sure they will still have Livvy's size because I was tossing up between that one and the "Santa I can explain" one for Izzy. Do you want one? I'm happy to get it and post it over to you. There was also a similar one in Kmart that said "All my mummy wants for Christmas is a silent night like she used to have". Ha ha. I think we can all relate to those ones!!

Hello girls!!! Silly me, I forgot to subscribe to the thread and therefore did not get any notifications.

Quick update as I have no time for personals tonight.

Noah has just started rolling more frequently in the last week, no teeth coming through yet. Had a photo with santa which I hope turns out good, he was so crabby because he was hungry and tired but we did get a smile out of him. We are still getting up for 3 or more feeds a night and on the night before my b-day he got up every 30 mins :O

Okeydokey, too tired to think of anything else atm, hope everyone is doing well and I hope I get the time to write a proper post soon.

Awww Sarah. Yay for Noah rolling - what a little champ!!

Another quick one here! After deciding on tough love - the first night she cried for an hour and a half at 930 -11 and then I fed her but then at 230 she grizzled til 430 fell asleep til 630. Fed again and then she slept til 9. So it sort of worked! Last night she woke at 11 - I went in and retucked her in and she grizzled for 10 mins and fell asleep til 230!Whoo hoo! I fed her and she slept til 730! Im hoping that this will keep up - even if we just hvae to resettle and she grizzles for a bit - thats heaps easier than the screaming we got on Saturday night!!! Its a shift though from 2 hourly thank goodness!
    Back to the doctor today to get him to check the new spots Izzy has come up with (she has a massive school sore that was originally misdiagnosed as an insect bite - well it was an insect bite to begin with I guess!) anyway looks like it has spread so I want the doctor to check it out for me.
    Have a great day all!

ETA: Izzy is a few days off crawling!!!! OMG! She has now worked out how to drag herself forwards using her hands and gets up on her knees while she does it -(rather than pushing herself backwards) all she needs to do now is realise she can use her knees at the same time and presto!! As it is -shes on the move so I have child proofed most of the lounge room - I need to go get a few things like power point plugs, I just can't believe my tiny little gorgeous newborn is crawling - wwaaaaaaaahhhh where has my little bubby gone.
    Last edited by Beach Mama; December 10th, 2007 at 07:10 AM.

Tan, I'm glad it's starting to work out for you!

Sarah-Whoo hoo on your little roly poly! Before you know it he'll be crawling and you won't be able to catch him!

Blake slept from 7:30-4:30 for about 4 nights in a row, it was great. He woke at 2 this morning, then up at 5 but after a play and a feed went back down at 6:15 where he will probably stay till 8.

Seriously, a big improvement on waking 4+ times a night, I can handle a 5am wake up if he only wakes once during the night! Plus coffee is my friend.

He is crawling like a champ, so fast now and he loves to chase mums dogs around the house lol. He absolutely cacks himself and the dogs hate it, they just run away but he keeps on chasing them! He's getting into everything and pulling himself up on the couch and tables/toys. He comes crashing down sometimes but that's all part of the learning. I don't want him wrapped in cotton wool all his life!

What is everyone's take on "discipline"? We aren't putting anything up or out of the way, he gets a firm "No" and a tap on the hand when he touches something that isn't his. Hopefully this means he will learn and we can take him to people's places and not feel like they have to put everything away.

Tan - fingers crossed it only gets better for you
    Ash - thats great that Blake's crawling all over the place!!! Ethyn sort of does this caterpillar crawl, or a belly shuffle!! he gets up on his hands and knees and rocks, then gets up on his toes, I was thinking that he will/may be crawling by Christmas time, but we will see!!
    I want to do the same thing with disciplining him, we have our entertainment cabinet open and really don't have much of an option to cover it, so I really don't want to move things, I think my brother did the whole no thing with my nephew and I don't think he touched too many things around the house!

Quick one for me!!
    I got fluffy mail today!!!! YAY!!
    Sorry just had to share my excitement, got 7 Hautes from someone that didn't want them anymore. Off to wash them up!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast