Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #10

Arrgghhhh turns out it MIGHT be chicken pox. Can you believe that. The only thing holding me together is the fact that she is so happy and doesn't seem bothered by it all. If she was miserable I wouldn't know what to do -I feel so guilty as it is. I just hope she gets over it quickly- poor little poppet.

Oh poor little Izzy. I hope it passes soon Tan. That's great news on the improved nights though - hope it keeps getting better and better for you.

Lee - yay for fluffy mail!! I think I'm decided now on what I'm going to go and order to get a proper stash going - hautes but get some of the cotton babies one size inserts. Bummer that the inserts come with the Bumgenius not the hautes, but the hautes fit her so much better.

Ash - that's amazing that Blake is getting around so well - you must be run off your feet keeping up with him!! I think the same sort of way as you do - bubbies need to learn that just because they can reach something, they can't have it. Izzy is already having little tanties when I take something off her that she wants. I've moved a couple of things that would either be dangerous to her, or heartbreaking for me if she broke them but otherwise she's going to have to learn what she can and can't touch.

Sarah - good to hear from you. Naughty Noah for doing that to his mummy on her birthday eve though!

Nothing really going on with us here. Izzy is fortunately feeling better and isn't the grumble bum that she was. Last night she went down at 7.10 pm and slept unti 6am - oh yay!! Today she's been back to her happy, chatty self so that's good. Need to hit the shops tomorrow to do Christmas shopping and I was dreading taking a sick, grumpy baby with me.

Ok, time for personals - Al is out watching a friends gig tonight, Isabelle is in bed so I have time to catch up. I'm just wishing I didn't polish off all the chocolate today, some Cadbury would go down a treat right now

Shell- I'm glad work went well for you hun, it's funny how we stress out and they cope jsut fine - you wonder if they miss us at all! Cheeky monkeys! You are right about the tough love -thank god it only took one night so far! More on that in a sec!!

Lulu - how did your Christmas shopping go hun?? Glad to hear Izzy was back to her normal self- its horrid when they are grumpy and unwell isn't it. You just wish you could do something for them. How are you feeling? Any more ms or has it all passed? How are you feeling about girly Ned?? Have you gotten used to the idea more now?

Lee- yay for fluffy mail!! Mmmmmmmm I really should do something about that! I know what you mean about childproofing - Izzy is well and truly on the move. It's not a crawl as much as a drag but she uses arms and legs with belly on the floor to move all around the lounge. Today she eyed off the Christmas tree before something else distracted her but so far I have found her sucking on the computer cord OMG, sucking my thong, and she pulled out a big CD case from the entertainment unit today... so I need to be so careful with her. Ive tried the NO in a firm voice but Im not sure I want to be saying NO all the time so need to think it through.

Ash - how are you honey? Hope you are doing ok hun... Sounds like Blake is a force to be reakoned with at the moment!! I can't believe they are all so old now - waaaa...where have out teeny tiny newborns disappeared to?
    I'm glad he is sleeping better for you too. I find it so weird but I am so much tireder today after getting a better nights sleep than I felt when I was getting 2 -3 hour blocks. Its like the more I get the more I need - or maybe my body is catching up on all the lost sleep over the last few months - anyway Im just glad they are both sleeping so much better!!

Sarah-Hope you are doing ok with your frequent waking hun, its awful isn't it. You just feel absolutely brain dead and I know a few times when I have been with family or friends Ive looked back and realised I was like the walking dead - there but not and have NO idea what on earth I was talking about. Thank god for coffee- Ive put in an order for a Bodum coffee plunger for Christmas!

Mabello - Im so glad Mason's Christening went well -the pics look great hun! He looks adorable! What a big boy. How is his sleeping going? Any change? We should have a catch up soon!

I can't go back any further but want to say hi to Kelly, Kristen, Jan, Lee, Sally and Im sure heaps of others that I cant think of right now

Well today was a good day after a 12.5 hour night! OMG were my BB's killing me! SHe went down at 7 as usual - woke at 1030 and we went in and patted and shhhhhed and she fell asleep at 11 until 730!! I couldn't believe it. Al got up at 4 for work today and I was leaking everywhere - he says - when did she feed??? and I sat there trying to remember, and said - I think at 7!! We both couldn't believe it - I was sure I had gotten up in my sleep deprived state as usual and had forgotten. So it looks like the tough love thing from Saturday night has started to work and she has realised that just like during the day she is able to settle herself back to sleep without us.

The best thing is is that her day feeds have settled right down and she feeds rather than feeding, pulling off to see what Dr Phil is chatting about, stopping to flick my nipple for a bit, twisting her head to see whats going on behind her with my nipple in her mouth etc!! She still does the flicking thing but just at the end of a feed!! Haha!! Solids are still interesting - she just won't open her mouth! Today she ate one teaspoon of a vege mix and then 1 teaspoon of banana later in the day. I have a mesh feeder too but she doesnt realise that there is something tasty in the mesh bit so just chucks it on the floor - but she loves her vege teething rusks although most of it ends up on her face!

Her crawling/dragging is more efficient too - I think a few more days and she will get the crawl happening - as it is, she is dragging herself everywhere, it's hilarious but oh my go d- enjoy your babies while they are immobile -I can't leave her for more than a minute right now -had to put her in the high chair for my shower for the first time today!

Her spots haven't gotten any worse today so I'm wondering if it even is CP and if it is -its a pretty mild case of it. If its not though then I wonder what the hell it could be. Arrggh -back to the doctor tomorrow so will see what he says. Her staph infection is heaps better with the antibiotic cream thank goodness.

Anyway this post is huge so I'd better go - hope you are all great!!

hey guys... quick one from me. masons christening was just perfect and there are pics in my gallery

His sleeping is no better at all. 4 nights ago I got a 4 hour block but nothing even close to that since. Not even my mchn has any ideas for me. I just need to pray he grows out of it soon.

Hope everyone is well. Mason just learnt to sit up properly today! And today is also the day he decided he can chew and eat lumpy foods hehe. He ate a whole cheese single, a piece of bread, then he had mince meat with pumpkin...YES all in one sitting!!

xxx

Oh yay Tan for a whole night's sleep. I felt the same way you describe afer my first few nights of sleeping through - absolutely wrecked when I should have felt brilliant. I think it is your body's way of saying "hey, that was great but I need another 6 months of it!!"

Dani - glad Mason's christening went really well. What a good little boy for eating all that too! I'm very envious. Not envious about your nights though - you must be exhausted you poor thing. I hope he changes his ways very soon for you.

Much happier with the 2nd girlie idea now. Mum came up today for Christmas shopping and we had a lovely time looking at cot sets, clothes etc. And hey, another girl means I don't have to have anywhere near as much discipline when I buy clothes for Izzy because Ned will use them too!!

Hee hee Lulu - I love your philosophy!!!

Danni- Yay for Mason sitting up!! As far as bread and finger food goes - when can I start that? I wonder if Izzy might bypass the mooshy stuff because she loves her vege teething rusk but Im scared to give her anything else in case she chokes.

Well I'm glad I'm not a big bully for not letting Blake have his own way all the time!!!

Lee-Whoo hoo on the fluffy, are they the new Hautes or the older version? Either way I think they are an excellent nappy and you'll be pleased!

Tan-I hope Izzy gets better soon, and how the heck could she have gotten chickenpox?? Me, I'm alright, getting there. I agree, I'd kill for my immobile feeding machine back, will trade in my crawler anyday lol I agree with feeling more tired when you get a good night's sleep, that's the way it's always been for me (with the exception of today, I've had 2 hours sleep). You can start giving izzy finger food whenever you like, just sit there and watch her like a hawk. Blake munches on carrots, hot chips (shhh lol) and anything he can feed himself, he won't even eat pureed foods sitting up but will happily sit there for 15 minutes munching on something he is feeding himself.

Lulu-Yep you're right, I am run off my feet. I need to invest in a playpen and soon (bloody Christmas time will prohibit that for now though). Blake is the master of tantrum throwing now, I just say "Blake" in a firm voice when he is gonig in the direction of something and he absolutely cracks it then goes full speed towards what he wants, he is such a terror! Glad to hear Izzy is sleeping, I never thought any of us would be having issues at 6+months on Have you and your DH started to think about girls names for Ned??

Dan-Hooray for Mason sitting up, such a good boy. What the helll was he eating in that video the other day, I watched it over and over and I still can't figure it out. You'd never think Mason was smalled than Blake the way he eats his solids, LOL he just keeps eating if you keep offering, too cute!

Well I went on a date last night *giggles like a school girl* And didn't get home till midnight, then Blake woke at 2 and didn't go back to proper sleep until 8.25am :| I have heaps of stuff to do today too si I'll be ramming as much coffee down my throat as I can before I get on the bus!

Hi everyone,
    WOW have we been busy here. So now that Olivia is in bed and hopefully sleeping soundly I'm going to do my best to catch up with my long overdue personals.

Tan - Oh is little Izzy feeling? All her spots starting to clear up? Best of luck with the dr today. So your little princess is on the move hey. And has a tooth. They are growing up way to quickly it's horrible. I want her to grow up but at the same time I don't want my little bubba to grow up. YAY on Iz's sleeping for you. How'd you go last night?

Danni - Fantastic to hear that Mason's christening went so well. The photos are just gorgeous. I just adore his bib. YAY on sitting up Mason. You are getting so big. Is he on the move yet Danni? When did you start giving Mason meat? Livvy has cereal, toast, fruit and vegies but not sure when or how to introduce meat as she isn't even close to having teeth. I'm so sorry that your big boy isn't sleeping for you. Fingers crossed it is just a phase which he will get out of soon.

Ash - How are you travelling gorgeous? Did you take Blake down and get him another photo with Santa? I can't believe how quickly Blake has taken off. I know they begin to be more of a handful but I bet he just looks absolutely gorgeous crawling everywhere. How do you keep him from getting carpet burn on his knees? Livvy is trying her hardest to commando crawl but I'm finding she is getting carpet burn on her knees. Any tips anyone? Oh a date. How'd it go? I need details. We are doing the same thing about disicpline with Livvy. I have only baby proofed safety issues and haven't moved things out of her way. We hope we can teach her not to touch so like you we can take her to people's house and have her not touch their things. When I tell her "no" in stern voice she squeals, throws her arms around and looks for daddy. He was naughty and picked her up twice after I said no so now she always looks for her daddy. He will not do that again after I gave him a serve. Our main problem is raspberry's during meals time.

Lulu - How is your princess feeling? All cleared up? I hate it when Livvy is feeling awful. I must admit we have been so lucky and Livvy hasn't had a cold yet. Did you buy lots of pressies for Izzy when you went shopping? Any more teeth and is Iz on the move yet?

Sarah - So good to hear from you and to hear all about your growing little man. How are you coping with your frequent waking overnight? Is Noah still in your room with you? Hopefully it all starts to look up for you soon. How's your home business going?

Shell - So glad that you and Angus both survived your day back at work. Was it a one off or is it a regular thing now? Has Angus had another day of breast refusal? What is your little man up to?

Lee - Ethyn is off now. I just love the belly shuffle but with him on his hands and knees rocking he'll be crawling before you know it. He's probably already off. YAY on your fluffy mail. Are you happy with them now that you're using them?

I know that I have missed some of you lovely ladies. Hi to Kelly, Kristen, Jan, Hayley, Sally and to all who I have missed. Hope you are all well and your babies are so doing much that they are blowing your mind with how amazing they are.

Well here has been interesting, in a good way. Just the standard christmas parties and get togethers. We also have 5 family birthdays to fit in as well so we are booked solid and Livvy is coping surprisingly well considering how much we are out at the moment. I had my sister and BIL stay here for 5 days and they catered to Olivia's every whim and she had them running. It was great as I got alot of time off (YAY!!) but now I have a spoilt little girl who expects me to do everything they did with her. It is just amazing how quickly they get used to something. She had them completely bluffed. Carrying her everywhere instead of being in the pram and they bought her anything she grabbed. It was just gorgeous.
    Livvy is starting to commando crawl but is still getting the hang of it so she isn't going very far at all but has the rolling and sitting down pat. She is absolutely loving her food and is eating four times a day and is having 5 b/f. Her bed time b/f she is acting less interested in and is barely having anything. How soon is too soon for her dropping down to 4 feeds a day? She is starting to have some water during the day.
    I had to take Livvy to the dr yesterday. She is absoltely covered in ezcema and if you didn't know any better you would think that she has chemical burns all over her hands. I just feel terrible that her skin is just a mess but thankfully it doesn't look like it is bothering her. Her arms, legs, back and bum are covered. The poor little thing has to covered with two different cream three times a day . She is a slippery little munchin. I'm watching Olivia like a hawk at the moment because we went a 1st birthday party on Sunday and then one ofthe kids came out in chicken pox on monday morning. I've got everything crossed that she doesn't get them. I dont' think her poor little skin could take chicken pox when it is already so bad.
    Well i'm off to do my daily housework chores. GGGGGRRRR!!!! but on a high note I don't have to do it in January when I start back at work. I can't believe I'm back at work in less than a month.
    Have a great day one and all and don't forget it's only 13 SLEEPS UNTIL SANTA COMES!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Liviam; December 12th, 2007 at 08:46 AM.

Oh gosh where do I start!!

Tan, look at Izzy in your ticker!! That is a great photo! Glad she has decided sleeping at night is good, makes life that little bit easier if we can ghet some sleep too! I am still scared aboout going back to work next year though, even if Angus doesn't miss me I worry so much!! With the lumpy foods, why not try her with crackers or something. Cruskits and rice cakes melt down in their mouth, but if they get a chunk and gag or anything I just keep a short nail on my little finger and then can sweep food out if needed. With the mesh feeder I found Angus only likes juicy things in it like watermelon, tinned pears etc cause he can bite and suck it and get juice out easily.

Lulu, I agree on the clothes thing!! Having my 2 girls first was great! But is great now cause I can splurge on boys cause we don't have any clothes yet! Poor middle DD, but I must admit I do buy her new clothes as well! I am a huuuge sucker for kids clothes and normally spend most of my pay on clothes and stuff for them!!

Danni, love the photos from Masons christening. I really have to pull my finger out organise something for Angus. Mason sounds like ANgus, he wants anything off our plates to eat but not baby food. He had some roast pork last night, loves chunks of banana and watermelon, toast, rice cakes, cruskits anything he can get his hands on reallly!!!! I have found he likes the lumpier older baby food better, must be a bit tastier!!

Well we now have 2 TEETH!! Within a few days of the first tooth coming through, the one beside also popped through! He was pretty good getting them and didnt complain too much, just a bit grizzly. I am trying to get some cleaning done today. Have heaps to do and w are having people over christams night for drinks by the pool, so have to start now to achieve anything! We have a toy room and I want to eliminate half of the c%$p in there and donate to the Salvos before chrissy. The kids have way too much stuff and don't play with most of it anyway, might as well give it to kids who will appreciate it.

Anyway, hello to evryone else out there! You can tell it is a very busy time of year cause it is so quiet in here!! Take Care!!

Oh Gosh, I must be slow typing cause Ash and Dan you posted wile I was still going!!

LOL shell. I've been working on mine for over half an hour so you aren't slow you just started later.

last night mason slept 4 hours straight!! yay

I would give finger food now if you like..and as ash said, watch her like a hawk. If give mason lumpy food on a spon he chokes..but if he feeds himself BIG chunks of bread then he is fine. go figure!

Mason wont ever crawl, im so sure of it. im happy to have him immobile right now! hehe

Yes lulu, any ideas on a name for Ned?

Tan and Dan, has AF come back for you guys yet?

No AF hasn't reared her ugly head here since 6th August 2006 and I must admit I'm loving it. I haven't b/f Livvy overnight for months so I'm not sure if AF hasn't returned because of b/f or my PCOS. I have at least 5 more months of AF free before I have to try and work it out so we can start TTC #2 in May. How about you?

yes she returned 3 weeks ago. Now i dunno what to do about ttc! We dtd twice before ovulation without realising and now im confused!!

Dan-I'm getting him some new Santa photos from Harvey Norman on the weekend, the prices of their packages are fantastic compared to the shopping centre ones! He gets red knees and sometimes some spots but there isn't much you can do about it. I just put some Lucas's PawPaw Ointment on overnight if he gets spots and they clear up in no time. Also you can get things called "Little Legs" from cloth nappy sites - google them, and you'll see what they are! The date was good, it was with an old friend from high school on whom I had a crush a long time ago as did he on me LOL His flatmate cooked us all dinner, we had a chat and played with his gorgeous 11 week old staffy pup, and then had a big long catch up alone (and maybe a kiss or 2 lol). Oh no, Daddy needs a big slap I think, oh well he is putting a rod in his own back I spose lol Oh Blake loves to do his rasberries during mealtime too, and all day long for that matter. He thinks it's hilarious and laughs his head off at himself, he puts so much effort into it too. Did you have to remind me that Christmas is so close, it makes me so sad this year.

Shell-Whoo hoo for toothy peg #2. Now the biting begins lol

Danni-Haha you know I complain so much about Blake being all over the house so you savour it while you can miss! I think you'll be UTD again soon, don't know why just a feeling...

Ash, glad to hear your date went well!! I like paw paw cream also, is good stuff. And yes, the biting, he discovered that a long time ago and thinks it is funny to bite boobies, arms, faces, well anything really!!!

Dan, work on Friday was a once off for now. Am going back January for 2 x 12 hr nights. Will see how that goes, then might do more. Are you going back full-time? Is so hard isn't it. Hard to survive on one wage with high mortgages and groceries - that is our biggest killer atm, can't even afford to buy food, that and petrol aarghh!! Hence, when my mat pay ended I went back for that 1 day and am now on holidays getting hol pay as of next week. Thank God, was wondering how I was going to get through xmas!!

I got AF a few weeks ago, prob should have written it down, but it must have been the start of things getting back regular cause I have a bit of pain today so think I might be ovulating. Have to keep track cause I am on no contraceptives, but don't want to be utd quite yet (if again at all!!) Maybe when Angus is about 2 we might consider it, for now though 3 is a big enough family for us!!

There has been such a frenzy of posting this morning I have lost track!! Will have to go re-read again and see who I have missed!!

Danni I agree with Ash. I think Mason will be a big brother soon. Why are you confused? Is it that you aren't sure if/when you and Dale want another baby?

I'm sorry that christmas is going to be so difficult for you this year. Have you and your ex-DH thought about how it's going to work?

Wow it has been busy here this morning!!!!!
    The hautes are fantastic!!! I had one before and wanted to wash it every time I used it!! So now I have 8 of them, 7 are the new ones, 1 is the older version, it has the logo on the bum!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast