Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #10

Lulu I use a bamboo flat with a hemp insert and extra micro fleece insert from my pea pods in the green kids one, its really really bulky, but it lasts 12 hours so I am very happy with them.

Oh wow!! Looks like I need to get a few nappies then :O I went into the bamboo fleece co-op that Raven did so I should be able to make a few inserts out of that, I also have micro fleece that I could use as liners. I will be making a few AIO's as soon as I can get my hands on PUL material.

Ugh!!!! I just went to go Chrissy decoration shopping and I walk through this billabong to get to town and on the way back I nearly trod on a huntsman spider, I have a major case of the heebiejeebies now. Oh how I hate creepy crawlies!!!

Sarah-That's what I meant re: the inserts, it's 2 pieces that snap onto each other but essentialy one insert. I wouldn't just use those overnight, you can get hemp boosters that are thirsty, trim and don't take as long to dry. Mum doesn't help because I need to learn what it will be like on my own when I get my own place. Don't get me wrong, she plays with him and occasionally puts him to bed etc but she doesn't take over or anything, only when I ask. To get your nappy bucket discount, just pay the full amount and within the day Sarah will refund you the 10% back. She knows me now so if I buy anything she just invoices me instead of purchasing through the site, you could email her and ask her too. Thanks for the hot young thing bit, not sure about that LOL I'm definitely NOT looking for anything long term at the moment, I'm gonig through my "free" stage at the moment.

Lulu-Yep only there on weekends at 10-1. Not sure about WA though so might be an idea to call and ask. I have a lemon BumG and I love it, so gorgeous!!!

Went and got Blake's presents off layby today, yay! Just gotta put the tree up (how slack) and wrap them up. I am talking to my sister again (long story) and I've found out some very interesting news such as Scott went out on Saturday night instead of looking after Blake...he left him at his mother's who has NO idea..apparently she said "I'll NEVER have him overnight again he is too much work". Ha, so shut up biatch, she was the one saying I was lazy etc. I'm SO mad because Scott lied to me. He lied about where my son was...what if there was an emergency? I want to cry but I can't for some reason. Argh!!!

Sarah - WELCOME to the world of MCNs hon!! Mwuahahah!! Yep, I work with Tania at Darlings Downunder 2 days a week so ask away in any questions you like! I use cloth 24/7 (even when we go out/away).

Lulu - how are you enjoying your MCNs?? You're so good at keeping Ned's sex a secret! I don't know how you can do it!! LOL

Danni - how was Mason's Christening?? Photos are gorgeous! What's the new link policy you're talking about?

Ash - I think the arrangement for Xmas sounds perfect. I also think Mia will be far too distracted with her wrapping paper to care about pressies!! LOL

Lee - I think the GK's don't sell the dreamy nights anymore which is a shame! Still the anytimes last Mia overnight fine with a bamboo insert, I love them. Great night nappy.

Tan - how is Izzy's sleeping going now hon?

A shout out hello to everyone else I've missed, I'm sorry!!

Things are going good here! Just got my personalised Chrissy cards back from the printers that do all of my photography work and they look AMAAAAAAAAZING! So happy with them so I can send them all out tomorrow.

Photography work is going well - have had a few people enquire of late so hoping it turns into bookings in the new year. Most exciting news is that WEBSITE is going to be up VERY soon!! For now I have a blog at Kristen Cook :: The Blog

Mia is going well too - she's still not interested in rolling although she's done it a handful of times now. She just has no desire to get stuff that's out of her reach! Far too lazy! LOL She's talking heaps and loves making noises which is great. I think she's teething at the moment though as she's quite grumpy and always sucking on her bottom lip so I hope for her sake if it is teeth, they're not far away, poor cherub.

Hugs to all!!
    Last edited by Kristen; December 13th, 2007 at 06:15 PM.

Kristen - the dreamy nights are great, it is a pity they don't sell them anymore. I got mine third hand from a second hand nappy site. I am hoping to take the plunge and use cloth when we go away at Christmas time, it will only be for 3 days so shouldn't be a drama and we are staying at my mum & dad's house. I was just wondering if Imse Vimse is a reasonable brand for flushable liners? Thought this might be a bit easier with travelling.
    Your photos of Mia are just as gorgeous as ever!!!! Glad your photography is going well

Lee - I haven't used those liners, so I don't know much about them by the Eenes flushables that DDU sells are probably the most popular item in stock!! Tania can't get them in quick enough!!!

Oh Kristen - your photos are absolutely beautiful hun. You really have an eye for it and they look wonderful. Mia looks so adorable!! I told Al that we are going to get you to take some family pics of the 3 of us in the new year and all I have to do to sell it will be to show him your blog! The wedding we went to was at Barwon Heads - its lovely down there isnt it - so nice to get away. Im trying to convince Al that we need to go camping for a few days when he has time off and before I go back to work next year - eeeek less than 7 weeks to go!

kristen: the new link policy means that you can post any link to any website in your posts

Tan - hahahaaaa!!! It's a date then - I would be honoured! Barwon heads was absolutely gorgeous - we stayed in the beach houses in the caravan park (I didn't watch Seachange but mum tells me they filmed some of it there?)

Dan - thanks hon!

Kristen, Im thinking I might book with you rather than Kelly too!

Maybe Tan and I could meet you together and get a group discount

I GOT MY FLUFFY MAIL TODAY!!!! I love the grass colour, it is great!! Not sure I put the inserts in properly and I feel with 2 in there it is really bulky but I will figure it out eventually I am sure. How fast was the postage!!! I only ordered it 2 days ago, surely the payment would have only cleared today.

Ok so now I have a gallery to check out and now a blog, when will I ever get time for anything!!!

Hurrah for fluffy Sarah!

Kristen, you're so talented! Mia is just to die for and your hubby is HOT in those pics (wow I need to settle down now I'm single lmfao!)

Blake has gone for the weekend. I sit here thinking "There is so much to do, but I feel so sad". I'll get off my butt eventually.

Awww Ash you are allowed to feel sad hun, he is your little man. Hope you are ok. :hugs:

Ok Kristen. Enough is enough. Get yourself and your camera on a plane and get over to Perth please - I want some photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your photos are just stunning.

Ash - awwww you poor thing. Your house must seem so quiet without Blake. I hope your weekend passes quickly but not too quickly while you're with your gorgeous new man "catching up"!!!

Sarah - yay for fluffy mail. The MCNs are so gorgeous aren't they. I'm justifying them to my DH that they're cheaper than disposables in the long run, but really I just love the way they look!

Lee - thanks for the inserts info. I've got one of my new green kids on Izzy this morning. I'm actually leaving it on until she's wet through so I can see what its like in terms of maybe using it overnight and how much I'll need to boost it - so far its been on her cute little toosh for 7 hours with just the normal bamboo insert and not a sign of wetness. Loving the green kids!!

Very upset about the Harvey Norman Santas. They are only there on weekends here too which is such a pain. Will have to battle the crowds at Myer or DJs :-(

Hi All,
    Long time no speak. Sorry I haven't been around but I have just had so much on my plate.
    Have read most of this thread to try and catch up on things and I see there are many new faces here. So I will re-introduce myself. Hi I am Melissa a SAHM to Isobella (yes another Izzy!) who was born the 4th May 07 from Western Sydney.
    Now for an update on Izzy well what isn't she doing is probably more the question! She was sitting at 5mths, and sitting up on her own on the 15th Nov, crawling at 6mths and now at 7mths she is walking around furniture!! She has a toy that she uses to hold onto to walk around the house. So she is into everything.
    We have one toothiepeg that came on the 15th Nov too and another just under the surface. Still breastfeeding and have been on solids for 2mths now. She loves her food but won't take any extra water So I have to make sure she has pear every day so that she doesn't get constipated. We are still having issues with her having day sleeps but at night she goes to bed at 8pm and I giver her a dream feed at 11pm and she usually doesn't wake till about 5:30 for another feed and up at 7am(sometimes 8 if I am lucky)
    My DH Paul has gone back to working over in WA doing concrete at the mines again. He has been there since about September. His first stint was for two months, it was hard without him. He also missed out on seeing izzy roll for the first time - which was only two days after he left, her eating food for the first time and many other things. But unfortunately the work just wasn't here to keep us going. But the little princess waited til he was home on to get her first tooth and he was the first one to see he sit up on her own. So that was special.
    Me well funnily enough I am in the process of starting my own photography business too LOL!
    Which I see you are doing to Kristen, actually you might be able to help me out on the website side of things. I want to organise a website for people to see some of my work. Have you got any suggestions of where I can go to get a nice one. I have always liked Mia's web page and now seeing your blog I thought you would be the person in the know!

Congratulations Lulu! Wow another girl!

Sarah how is your business Cherry Pie going?

Well gotta go and feed Izzy her last feed for the night.

Hope to get back in here more often!!
    xx

oooh Hello!

Another drop in, we just dont' have the time lately between 3 kids and a business.

Baby Leo is crawling now in the beginning stages, he's shuffling along. 6 and a half months - that's a record for my kids LOL.

He says "mum" " boob" "dad" "bub" and "Nan-a" so five words. He also claps hands and sits totally unsupportive for hours. He can stand holding onto things also and has pulled huimself up twice in his cot....eeek. I wish I had a few more months before he waS mobile, things are so much easier when they are not.

We started solids 3 weeks ago but h doesn't love them. He is currently gettign his 4th tooth and it must be painful as he's screamed the last 6o oddd hours. I'm tired, he still wakes something shocking in the night.

Still BFed.]. although this teething makes it hard.

MIss you all, just dont' have the time IYKWIM? just flat out all the time now.

ETA: oh, cloth nappies are fab, tottally into the Zada's now (on wahmnaps), theyh are the best night nappy and she's done me customs day ones with no PUL. I love cloth, could never go back.
    Last edited by Aranah; December 14th, 2007 at 10:56 PM.

Mel - it' so good to hear from you!!! Glad to hear Izzy is going so wel- I can't believe she's walking around furniture! It must be so hard fr you with DH interstate hun. I know Al misses so much and he works here. It's such a catch -22 family time vs money isn't it... We had issues with him working Saturdays too and I finally put my foot down and said every second one will be fine!
    A photography business sounds great!! Kristen's site looks awesome doesn't it!! Stay in touch and let us know how you are going!!

Tara- Glad to hear from you! Leo sounds like he is doing super well hun!! They suffer a bit with these [email protected] teeth don't they... Yay for the words too!! I can't get Izzy to say anything! I say mumumumum and dadadada to her but she looks at me and laughs and thinks I'm being silly! LOL!! Izzy has been on solids for ages now but has only just started opening her mouth properly and actually eating inthe last few days so I wouldn't stress too much!

Well another good night here - I heard her stir at around 130- but she went back to sleep and then woke at 330 for a feed and decided 630 was a good time to wake up - aarrrgghhh. Just when all I wanted to do was have a little lie in with Al - I wonder if it will ever happen again! Funny -during the week she will wake at 7-8 so its like she knows! Off to a little country market to do our shopping today - yay! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hi Again,

Tan it is a catch 22 situation so it does make it hard especially when we have business debts to pay. We tried to make it work with him here but we just kept getting into more debt. So that is also why I am going to try and do some work from home, that way I can work around Izzy.

As Tan said Kristen your pics are great.I really think you are going to do wonderfully, those clients will be coming back for more!! I forgot to also say last night that If you aren't wanting to post the info on places where I can have a look at to create a website my email address is [email protected]
    That is if you don't mind. I am not really good on the website side of things.

Ok well have to go tidy my house and get ready for tomorrow I have a photo shoot in the morning and and another in the arvo for a dance studio (haha my SIL's) so half the profits are going back to the studio for their concert next year as a fundraiser.

Talk to you all soon xx

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast