Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

Awww Kristen, I know how it feels to think that your little one is behind, Noah just started rolling a bit more in the last week and most of the mums group bubs started crawling a month ago and seem way more advanced than Noah in every other way. It is totally natural to feel this way. I had a friend suggest taking Noah to a physiotherapist to get pointers on how to aide his developments as she did it for her daughter because she felt the same way. It took her 2 sessions to notice a major change but also said it may not work the same for me but worth a shot. Your paed will obviously give you the best plan of action although IMO I think you have nothing to worry about. They all develop in their own ways at their own time. Mia could just be watching and taking in everything first then spring a whole skew of developments on you and you won't know what hit you.

Just a quick one here, we have 12 friends over tonight for a Xmas party but wanted to give you this Kristen :hugs: I know it's easy to say don't stress, but I guess that's what makes us all great mums and I guess it is something that will never ease up even when they are at school and probably at uni!!! Don't feel guilty, your little girl is happy, healthy,chatty and will do what she needs to do when she is ready. :hugs: again.

Kristen - I agree 100% with the others, but have to disagree with you chicky that she's not "keeping up" with the others. Mia may not be rolling around like Izzy is, or moving as much as some of the other bubbies, but she is sooooo far ahead in terms of eating solids, talking etc. I really think its just a case of them all doing things in their own good time - Mia has chosen food and speech first (girl after my own heart!!). That's all. I also wish people would keep comments like the "oh lucky you"s to themselves - they're not helpful and just add to our worries. Go and see a paed if you're really worried about her, but I honestly don't think you have any cause for concern.

Hi all,
    Sorry but i'm not able to do a heap of personals (at the IL's) but I have had a quick read and Kirsten mother's guilt is the worst. We always feel like we are doing everything wrong and aren't doing everything possible to help our babies development. Sending you the biggest hug and your little girl is amazing and you are doing an amazing job!
    Ash - good on you both for giving it a try but always remember that you need to be happy for Blake to be happy. What's best for Blake is a happy mummy. Hope every thing works out great for you.
    Tan - I hope you are all recovering from your accident and so glad that no-one was hurt. Fingers crossed you get a new car real soon. Did you get to MG ok?
    Shell - awesome job tackling the shops with angus in toe. I got Dave to look after Olivia for me. I am not a pleasent person fighting the crowds at chrissy and didn't want Livvy to see that, LOL!!
    Sarah - Go NOAH!!
    Lulu - That is quite an impressive MCN collection you have. Hope Iz has been in a better mood for you and that DH left some cookies for you to take.
    I know that I have missed a few but sending you all a huge hi!!! We have started our week or so away and it was chaos trying to get orgainsed as we've had torrential (sp?) rain here so getting our clothes dry was a nightmare so I caved and used the dryer but ssshhh don't tell Dave. Well we had an interesting morning (warning TMI). Dave and I DTD and guess what the condom broke GGGGRRRRRR!!! So what did my DH do? Slapped me on the butt, laughed and said I gave you your present early "Merry Christmas babe" and walked off giggling. I could have dropped him. I don't find it funny at all!! Livvy is awake and calling for me so I have to dash.
    I'm not sure if or when I'm going to be able to get onto a computer until after christmas so Olivia and I would love to wish everyone the most amazing MERRY CHRISTMAS. Can you believe it? Our babies first christmas!! We hope that Santa spoils you all and our gorgeous little ones have the most amazing day.

Lots of love,
    Dan & Olivia.

Kristen - how are you feeling today? I totally understand where you are coming from, I am still worried about Ethyn's lack of sitting ability. I agree with everyone, each baby is an individual, which is why we love them all soooooo much. I have a friend (so called!!) who's baby is 2 weeks older than Ethyn and she is continually telling me what her DS is doing and is Ethyn doing this and that yet, cos her baby is!! Its so frustrating, I get to the point where I don't want to speak to her at all because of it!! Big :hugs:
    In case I'm not on here for the next few days (probably will tho!!) Have a great Christmas!!

Thank you everyone!! Sorry for the whinge yesterday!!!!! I think I just needed to get it out more than anything, so thanks for the replies everyone, I really do appreciate it!

ROFL Dan!!! That is so something my dh would say!!! Classic! Merry Christmas to you too!

BBL, have to feed and put grumpy boy to bed!!

hahah Dan. You and dtd are dangerous! Hope you get a nice xmas surprise

Good one Danni, I forgot about the broken bed!! Dan, you and your DH are too funny!!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to drop in and say MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas. We'll all be sweltering over here so I hope you all enjoy your Christmas roasts in cooler weather!

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Merry Christmas to all the yummy mummies and the lovely bubbas!!! Hope everyone got spoilt rotten!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Hope you all had a lovely first Chrissy with bubs and enjoyed yourselves silly!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope you all had a fabulous day! Ours was great other than Izzy and I slogging through another cold but other than that we had a ball! OMG how spoiled are these little babies and they are so oblivious to it all!

Izzy's best pressie that she loves is her Fisher Price swing and also her cement truck that Al and I got her!

We are off to a bbq today - hope you all have a great recovery Boxing Day!!

Oh..so much has happened!!! Firstly, Merry christmas everyone. I will try my best to remember what i have just read. How does everybody do it? Sometimes i feel like i should have a seperate note pad to jot down notes b4 replying... my short term memory isnt so good. We moved into our new home on the 15th of december so it has been hectic and an interesting experience. Nattie is having some issues with her new room (but doesnt mind the rest of the house) I love her room though...its so girly and pleasant. (maybe thats it?!) Even our bird had issues and is happiest at the front door so he is in your face when u walk in....amongst all the craziness i managed to get the tree up for natties first christmas.
    Yay Noah!!! Nattie is also commando crawling now..as i discovered when i found her under the coffee table a few days ago. She commando crawls to get to her toys and to us. I was wondering if now is the time to put all the safety devices around the house?
    Glad your feeling better kristen
    Sorry if i missed anyone... i am hoping to be online more often now that i have unpacked. So much work to do....windows...weeds...painting.. by the time i am done it will all have to be done again!
    Enjoy this special time with your families

MERRYCHRISTMAS
    What a few days full of chaos! We are completely exhausted after running between both of our families and trying to get some time with us. Olivia was so incredibly spoilt that I still can't believe how much she was given. It was beyond rediculous (sp?). I have no idea how she is going to play with all these toys. By the end of it she was getting the hang of opening presents. We only had to get her started and she went crazy for the wrapping paper.
    Santa did give Livvy her very fist tooth on Christmas eve (at long last!!!) and also the ability to commando crawl. She is now off and keeping us both on our toes. Going to have to do the baby safety proofing now. I really must thank Santa for that!
    Sorry the quick self absorbed post cause I'm off to bed to catch up on some desperately needed sleep. Hope everyone had a fantastic day and your babies are filling your days with smilies and giggles.
    Catch up soon,
    Love Dan & Livvy

hey guys, hope everyone had a magical first christmas with their bubbas!

I had a good Christmas - Christmas Day was nearly 41 degrees so camped inside in the aircon for DH's family Christmas - lots of chaos with kids/adults enjoying way too many presents. Two of my nephews got a sing star but the poor little buggers didn't get a look in with the adults completely taking over!! Boxing Day was down at my folks with extended family - outside under big trees in OMG 46 degrees!!! Izzy woke up from her nap so I had her on my lap for lunch completely naked to keep her as cool as possible. Warning for all not to do this - she pooed on me not once, but twice!! It was actually very funny - we decided she was doing it so she could have cold baths to clean up. Smart girl. Then into the pool for the afternoon. Spent the next day down there too with just my folks and us which was nice and quiet to recover - in the pool a lot of the time. Glad to be home now, but the house looks like a disaster area with all Izzy's new toys. She got sooooo spoilt and we are seriously considering starting our own toy store!

Dan - yay for Livvy getting her first too AND crawling. Start moving those valuables!!

Tan - sorry you and Iz weren't well for Christmas. I bet Izzy's cement truck made up for it though!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast