Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

happy new year!

Dh and I spent the whole night fighting. It was so hot and poor Mason kept waking up repeatedly and sweating

Needless to say lets hope last night was not an indication of how 2008 will pan out for us

Happy New Year everybody!!! Here's to a happy 2008 with lots of sleep, smiles and fun times with our growing bubs!!! I'm sure there will be a few BFP's in our group this year too - how exciting!!!

It's so hot in Vic isn't it - no wonder a few bubbies are a bit unsettled at the moment. We had people over last night, my gf was actually due on the 30th and was here feeling sick all night so we are hoping things are starting for her. I sat in the a/c til about 2 then went outside by the pool with Izzy - we got her a clam shell and she sat in that all arvo playing with her toys and watching daddy in the big pool! It's way to cold for her to go in!!

We had a pretty tame night, the boys set off some firecrackers we got in Japan 8 years ago that I unearthed last night so midnight came and went with them whoooping like idiots on our street rather than kissing and hugging their wives!! LOL! We were all in bed by 130! I even had 2 glasses of champagne - felt a bit p!ssy even with that small amount! Amazing what not drinking does to you after 12 months.

Jan - OMG, that is so scary hun, I don't know what I would have done, and I tend to be far too trusting at times. Glad you are both ok though.

I'm back at work too in 4 weeks today actually. I know how you feel ladies, on the one hand I'm excited to get back into it, but on the other I'm worrying that I will be one of those people that doesn't do either thing well - I'm scared I will be stressing about Izzy and not be fully committed to my kids at school and wanting to leave early etc..or if I spend alot of time at school (inevitable ) I will miss things that she does - my biggest fear is that she will walk for the first time and I won't be there to see it. Silly hey. I know she will be fine and thrive without me there but I still worry.

Izzy is still feeding 6 times a day right now, plus her sleeping is all over the place - gotta love the silly season. At least she's not waking every 3 hours anymore but she is screaming the house down at every nap. If I go in she cries even louder so there is no settling her, we just have to let her cry it out. It's awful but feeding, rocking, patting all don't work. If I try to feed her to sleep -she just feeds but is wide awake at the end of the feed and still cries. It takes her about 10-15 mins to drop off. I was going inand trying to settle her especially seeing as she sits up in her cot now so I was going in and lying her back down again, but it just made her worse. She must sit up and then get so tired she eventually lies down again. It's all bit beyond me again right now and we hate hearing her cry but our alternative is not putting her down for a nap!
    All of this makes me stress about work too because some days I wake up feeling like death and the thought of working on those days is horrible.

Blah Ive [email protected] on way too long! Enjoy the first day of the new year with your gorgeous kids - stay out of the heat Victorians and will chat soon!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I hope that 2008 brings everyone their heart's desire and it's a sign of bigger and better things to come for all

Ash - Aw, I'm sorry to hear things haven't worked out again but it sounds like it all turned out for the best. You don't want to be around someone who makes you feel that way - you only deserve happiness.

Lee/Dan - eek, working!! I'm sorry to hear you're sad about going back to work but you know your babies will be absolutely fine and completely happy. I wish you all the best for your first day back too!

Danni - sorry to hear you had a bad night hun. Is today any better?

Tan - I hear you on the resettling. I have been doing SOS or Contented Baby type setting/resettling routines since birth and honestly, Mia is at an age now where when she's awake, she's awake. She generally now sleeps between 1-2 hours at a time (average around 1.5 hours) twice a day and that's it - then I just put her down at 7pm and she normally wakes around 6:30am. If she wakes during the day I just get her up and keep her up until her next nap time. It's the only thing that seems to work for us!

{drum roll please}

Well... I've done it!!!!!! Business is officially UP AND RUNNING!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

My website is now live here - Children's Portrait Photography, Melbourne :: Kristen Cook :: Baby, Toddler & Children's Portraits For anyone in Vic, I'm having a launch special too if you visit the website for more details!!

Hugs to all,

xx

:hugs: Ash - I'm so sorry things haven't worked out hun - I hope you are ok.

Kristen - whoohoo!!! The site looks amazing and Mia is the most adorable model isn't she! I'm going to email my Mothers Group and see if anyone is interested in doing a group session with you!! Otherwise I might do a family session with Al and I!! Your shots are so beautiful hun and really capture the personality of all the kids, you should be proud and I bet you will be run off your feet! You should get BB market place membership, you would be inundated with work!!

CONGRATULATIONS Kristin!!!!!!!!!!! Your website and photos are amazing. Well done on making the huge decision/step on starting your own business.

Happy New Years everyone!!!

Ash, sorry to hear things didn't work out. At least you gave it another go, now you can take the time to find someone who will make you happy and be a great father figure for Blake when you are ready to make that step. You are a great person inside and out and you deserve the best.

Danni, hope you kissed and made up. Sleep deprivation brings out the worst in us eh?

Tan, how is this heat!!!

Kristen, the website looks fab and I agree with Tan, MPM is worth it!! Did you design the website yourself?

Nothing much to report here, other than I put Noah in his cot tonight and I am determined to keep him in there for the night and not bring him into bed when he wakes. I have been giving him bottle of formula before bed and there was a slight improvement in sleeping but not much, I think I need to persist with solids and give him more through the day than I am. How do we feed them egg? I have given him a little of it scrambled but he gags on it so I gave up Sorry if I missed anyone but I am going to watch a movie and head to bed early, I need to regain my sanity with sleep.

Just a quick one but Sarah I think its egg yolk only at 8 months and then whole egg at 12mths!???? SOmeone correct me if Im wrong - will look it up and confirm for you!

ETA: The chart the the MCHN gave me definately says 8mths for yolk and whole egg at 12 mths - I think because white can cause allergies in some babies.
    Last edited by Beach Mama; January 1st, 2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Change white to yolk!

I've been told to give a pea sized amount of yolk and increase every couple of days from 8 months. Blake loves runny egg yolk, he just has a taste every now and then.

Anyone giving their baby cheese (I know Danni gives Mason cheese and he's fine)? Blake has terrible poo all the time when he is on cows milk formula (back onto Goat's after a month of disgsuting runny poo every hour) so I am very hesitant to give him any other dairy. What are your thoughts??

Has anyone moved onto lumpier foods? I bought Blake a few jars of the 7-9 month stuff and he loves it, we're way more successful with lumps than without, but he does have 4 teeth so I guess he can chew more??

Awwww, thank you everyone!!!! I might look into MPM - where's the info?

Sarah, yep - I did the website

Ash - I dont puree Izzy's food anymore I just fork it Sounds rude! Haha! Last night I cooked up a heap of vegies like potato, carrot, pumpkin, brocholli, zucchini and beans and I just mushed them all up individually with a fork and froze into trays. The beans and brocholli I did puree, and now we just choose what combo she will have each day - today she had brocholli, carrot and potato for lunch and pumpkin and carrot for dinner! Not sure about cheese yet though - although I need to start meat soon I think! Thats a bit scary not sure how to go about that yet!

Tan, my MCHN said he can have whole egg if there are no egg allergies in the family which there are none. Oh yeah and the sleep only lasted an hour and when I tried making him CIO he was choking and vomiting, so now he is watching the movie with us... grrrr

Ash, I tried giving Noah tasty cheese but lump came off and he choked on it so I am hesitant to give him more. Sounds like Blake might be lactose intolerant, have you looked into it with the health nurse?

Kristen, great work!! I might have to get pointers from you, I don't like the setup of my shopping cart and I wouldn't mind trying to build one myself. You will find all the info for MPM here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=48598

Ok back to this movie and hopefully Noah will be tired after and go into his cot because I am exhausted and need to go to bed too!!

Awwww Sarah - I hope you find something that works hun - sounds like you definately need a break.

Yeah i still give mason cheese singles. its soft and easy for him to gum it down.

Tan: she will love meat! I just pureed a heap of mince beef, and chicken and froze it into ice cubes then each day I take a different combo out including the diff veges!

I also pureed some fish as well for some variety.

So in my freezer I have ready to go frozen beans, zucchini, pumpkin, potato, apples, pears, bananas, beef, chicken and fish!

Plus he has custard, tin fruit salad, rusks, cheese and bread.

I have just started giving him bits of my food too

Kristen: well done on the site. it looks awesome!! I really wanna get some pics done but I seriously have no room left on my wall and I still have a free sitting with Kelly! I dont know what to do

Thanks Danni! DId you use chicken breast or thigh?? We use thigh alot around here- so do you just steam it and puree, or pan fry with no oil?? Im clueless - I ordered a First Foods book from Huggies the other day - can't wait to get it! and what about the fish- what type and how did you cook it - would just steaming then pureeing do?

Hope you are ok BTW after last night - you and DH sort stuff out today?? :hugs:

Danni - easy! Find a new wall! LOL

Tan - I'm hopeless with Mia's foods, I'm very boring, I'm sure she's sick of me giving her the same things over and over but we don't own a food processor! I don't know what the alternative is!! haha

Kristen - congrats on getting your business officially underway. I wish I was in Melbourne so I could book you!!

Dan and Lee (and Tan soon too!) - :hugs: for you all. It must be an awful feeling to be going back to work and leaving your little ones behind. You're right though - its for the best of reasons and who knows, maybe it will make you even better mummies than you already are!

Ash - sorry to hear things haven't worked out but you sound as if you are going to be much happier without him. Blake will adjust to not having his daddy full time, and I'm sure he will know his mummy and daddy both love him, even if they're not together.

Danni - sorry you had such a cr*p NYE. Something about New Years - they're either very, very good or very very bad in my experience (either that or you just become the boring old git I am and avoid them altogether!)

We ended up not doing anything for NYE - my gf who was going to have a bbq was sick so we stayed home. I was heading to bed at 10pm (I know I know, I really shouldn't party so hard!) when Izzy woke up and didn't stop screaming, not crying but screaming, until 12.09am. I joked to my DH that at least we were awake to see in the NY!! I think the poor little poppet is having teething issues so I felt awful for her. Will definitely be putting her to bed tonight with a nice big bottle and a dose of nurofen.

Can't remember who asked about solids, but I've never pureed Izzy's food, even at the beginning - just forked it (love it Tan!!) and added a bit of formula to make it mushier. Now she doesn't get the formula mixed in, and her food is either forked or cut small, or broken into fist size pieces in the case of cruskits. Like Mason, she now gets bits of chicken, fish and mince mixed with her vegies. Haven't tried egg yet - bit worried about allergies given that I know she already has some issues.

ARGGHH SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON!!! Firstly Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Where to start.....

Am going to be really selfish cause I am sooo tired I need to go to bed!! We had a huuuge night last night!! Was my birthday NYE also, so we went to my Bro's for BBQ and drank and drank and drank! I put Angus in their room in a port a cot and he slept. He woke a few times but settled without BF (not that he was getting it anyways full of wine haha!!). Was such a nice night, all the kids swam and played and partied till midniight as well!! Needless to say we were all tired and cranky today, sent the girls to bed early, and hopefully my boy will sleep well also! I think we are all over the festive season now, and need to stay at home and get back into some sort of routine!!

Just quickly though, I fork Angus's food also. Not quite as organised as you Tan and Danni, but will get there one day!!

I go back to work in 2 weeks also - yikes!! Am really nervous, but my DH is applying for some more higher paid jobs, so hopefully work will only be temp for me (fingers crossed!!)

Good night all!! Be back tomorrow, lots to catch up on!!! Mwah!

Shell!!! Glad you had a fun night on Monday!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast