Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #12

I am here physically but god knows where I am mentally. I'm exhausted. I'll be back to do some personals over the weekend. Work this week has been a killer and we have started Oliva's orientation program at childcare too so it has been a massive week.
    Catch up soon everyone.

Peach Guest

Mackenzie has slept in her cot for the past 3 nights!!!!!!!! I am so happy its just great! The cot is right next to our bed with the side off and she can touch me if she needs to, but she goes into her cot without crying at all which is a HUGE step for us. I am going to keep the side off for a month or so, then well put the side on untill she gets used to it. Eventually I am hoping she go into her own room but for the moment I am just so glad we are making progress. She still wakes up at least 3 times a night but at least its not 5-6 times like it used to be!

We have started weetbix in the mornings and she gags, does anyones elses baby do this? Do I just keep giving it to her and she'll get used to it? She doesnt gag if I make it runny like water but she's almost 8 months and I think we need to move on from the runny puree consistency.

Going out today to buy a fitball and a tennis racquet and DH and I are going to start playing a few times a week, so that will be fun and great for the weight loss too!

Ashlee :: My DD used to do this about hmmm 3-4 time a night .. but she just wanted the boobie instead of the bottle. I just found it easier to give it to her, than stress us both out! She is slowwwly does it less and less (waking up) but I think its because I am increasing her solids more now. Maybe he has teeth comming through and needs some comfort?

Sangie :: I have no idea about the teeth, I am just guessing with Kenzie aswell. I have been saying shes teething for the past 4 months! LOL

Tanstar :: I would say that Izzy is definatly getting used to you working and not being around as much. I am sure in a few weeks you will have both settled into a nice routine .. its so hard going back to work so early. Sometimes new mums at the nursery that I used to work at would take a little while before they got the swing of things. At least its Friday and you can have a break tomorrow!

Nurse Dan :: Sounds like you need a glass of wine and a nice relaxing bath!

kass_20 :: Your DP's brother inlaws sisters would have been wrapped! Did they end up sharing the big win? I am so unlucky whe it come to luck lotto or bingo, I think the most I have won is $50 once!

Shellbelle :: Wow you work 12 hour shifts! You must be soo exhausted by the time you get home. I can't imagine working that long and having 3 kids at home, you really deserve the title "supermum"!

When Kenzie was younger I was worried because she was waaayy under weight for her height, but she was a happy and healthy baby meeting all her other milestones no problems. I think those books sometimes cause unnessessary worry. Thanks for the sleeping dust I think some of it reached us last night !! YAY!

Sweetpeajan :: Julian sounds like hes keeping you busy!I am definatly in the same boat as you with the crawling to anything and everything. Kenzies favourite thing to do is crawl to the entertainment unit and open and close the draws, one of these days she is going to get her fingers stuck Nice to hear from you and little Julian.

Hubba_Bubba :: Welcome to our little group!

So much to do so little time! Its 12 midnight and I started writing this post this morning! OMG I just realised that Kenzie went to sleep at about 8.30pm and has been asleep all this time!!! I wonder if tonight will be the *sleep through the night* night!!!!

I love this time of night. Only time I get to myself I think I might do some scrapbooking ...

Jen

hey Tanstar iz probley just needs 2 get used 2 things. I remember wayyyyyy b4 teething Bella wouldn't sleep so rang the MCHN and she said has anything changed in her and ur life latley, well DP went back 2 work after 1months holidays and he was getting up 2 her during the night so she got used 2 that and i stopped coz he went back 2 work we had also moved house. So a drastic change like her mummy no longer being there during the day will just take some getting used 2. Hang in there!!!! Now if i only new y Bella isn't sleeping?!!!!

Lis-He feeds himself, wont let me hold the bottle. I make up a 200mL bottle but over the course of the night he drinks maybe 100mL. He won't take a dummy but uses the bottle as one, i does my head in! Blake's teeth take a day or 2 to cut from when you can feel it.

Tan-You are amazing, I can't believe to still managed to get to work after that. Hope you're getting tonnes of rest over the weekend.

Dan-Huggles sweets, I hop you're getting plenty of rest this weekend too. Hope you can come back soon to update.

Jen-Great work on getting DD to sleep in the cot! Baby steps as they say. At least her being next to you and her waking means you dont have to get out of bed! I hope Blake isn't cutting more teeth, 8 is enough for now!

Well Blake was up a few times last night, but all in all he slept 13 hours till 8:30am, it was awesome! at 5:45 I thought he was up for the day...but I went in, layed on the ground and stroked his hand, and he fell back asleep, it was so cute!

Hi everyone. Sorry but no time/energy for personals but I've read everything.

Been really struggling over the last week. I can see three little shadows of teeth that are not quite through Iz's gums but they're giving the poor little poppet hell. She's so unhappy most of the time and sleep is a nightmare. On top of that, my morning sickness is back worse than ever, I'm the size of a house, Ned kicks all day and all night long, its been so incredibly hot over here for weeks now and I've basically been hiding in the house feeling sorry for myself.

Anyway, enough grizzling and whinging. Will try to get back in tomorrow and catch up on personals.

Quiet in here, hope everyone had a good weekend and tha there was plenty of sleeping dust!

Ash yay for Blakey's 13 hours, fingers crossed he is able to do that more often!

Lulu sounds like you need one of these :hugs: I hope Iz's teeth pop through soon and she goes back to her happy self. I hate teething, it seems so cruel.

Well I'm being naughty and getting a BB fix at work so better not be here too long lol. Elena finally got her first toothy peg over the weekend and didn't I hear about it lol, she was not impressed. It is only just poking out of her gum and she keeps touching it and probably wondering what the hell it is lol.

Hope everyone is well!

Lulu-Big cyber hugs to you sweetie. I can't imagine having a bubs of our age plus being pregnant. You're doing a great job, please know that. Hopefully Izzy's peggies come up for you soon so she is a bit more happy for you.

Lis-Hooray on Elena's toothie cutting! Blake still gets a bit of a shock I think when he puts his hands in his mouth, he even chews his nails with his teeth now lol!

Well last night was a shocker. He was at his father's the night before, and all of Sunday had a total 1 hour sleep. Then, he went to sleep at 9:30 (I ***** you not), woke up at 10:45 and 2 and up for the day at 6am. Total 9.5 hours sleep in 24 hours, that's just plain ridiculous!

Ashlee im so sorry 2 hear that Blake is having a hard time sleeping, I understand what ur going through, Bella sleep ok 4 the 1st time in 3 wks! Must b something in the water!

Hey ladies!!! Just a quick pop in for me, just cooking dinner and I am trying to spend time rebuilding DP's and my relationship. It sure has taken a beating from having a baby.

Noahs sleeping is still shocking but I have given up caring so much and snag a nap in the morning if I don't have too much on. I thought we had a tooth coming through because he had a raised lump although it is now gone and a white patch is there in its place but it is not hard. Other than that he is crawling flat out and pulling himself up including climbing on me and pulling down my top for a feed

Hope everyone is well and will try to touch base soon!!!

Hi everyone
    Just thought I would pop in and say hello!!!
    Selfish one here!!! We have just come back from Adelaide, we spent the weekend there catching up with my family. Ethyn is crawling!!!! Its quite funny when he does it, his arms are pretty much straight!! and he bangs them on the ground as he is crawling!! He is quite quick doing it too. His second tooth is coming thru at the moment, I noticed it this afternoon.
    Ok I had better go, have to get organised for work tomorrow and sort out Ethyn's bottles for childcare!!
    Chat soon xoxo

hey everyone, still shocking sleeper here too. The best he will do at the moment is 3 hours straight. i seriously thought it would all be over by now...but we are almost at 10 months and can't believe its still happening.

Mason is very excited about the fancy dress party i am organising for his bday... he is dressing up as thomas! hehe

hope everyone is well xx

Hi all,
    I'm so sorry that I haven't been around at the moment but everything is absolutely going to ***** here and falling apart around my ears. I am so far beyond exhausted that I just don't know what to do anymore. I am about to throw in the towel and give up on everything. I'm working full time, studying, trying to run a household, look after Olivia and be a wife and I'm failing at everything. Olivia is refusing to sleep at all over night which is so unlike her. My day started at 4.30am yesterday and she has been screaming the house down since 11pm. So I haven't slept in nearly 24 hours and I have to be at work in 5 1/2 hours. To make things worse I have to interview to keep my job today. How am I supposed to interview when I haven't slept in what will be over 24 hours?? I just can't cope anymore. I don't know how I am going to do all of this and have Olivia starting childcare in the morning which is going to throw her out of whack even more if that's even possible.
    Sorry for the selfish post. I'm trying so hard to keep up but can't seem to be here for you guys either. I'm sorry everyone. I'm thinking of you all and i'll be back soon to catch up properly.
    Once again sorry for the self absorbed post.
    Luv Dan.

Oh Dan - :hugs: it sounds like you are absolutely exhausted and need a break hun. I know you have only just gone back to work though - is there any way you can get some sort of support? I know its easy to say but I'm sure Livvy will go back to sleeping for you. I found that Izzy has beeen pretty unsettled and it'slike she is catching up on time with mummy whenever she can get it - even if it is 230 in the morning. Sounds like Olivia is doing the same thing. Dont you dare apologise for your post either - you have every right to vent and you are doing an absolutely amazing job for Dave and Livvy. As far as being a mummy goes, is she loved? looked after by people that care? does she get a million kisses and hugs at the end of the day? does she have a mummy that is sacrificing time with her to give her the best life possible? Well Im pretty sure you can answer yes to all of that. Studying - mmmmmmm Im norty and say, do the minimum to get your degree hun.... sounds terrible, but I had a pretty stressful time in my last year of uni - I just scraped through, but my employers didnt care - I had 2 Bachelor Degrees at the end of it and they didnt care how I got them but I was a qualilifed teacher at the end of it. Sounds terrrible I know. I hope Dave is giving you lots of support during this time and if he isn't then maybe you could have a chat about just how difficult it all is. Al had no idea until last week and he has seen how tired I am and I have not cooked dinner once on my full days I get home after him, at around 630 so stuff that.
    Im going to get off my soapbox now but I just wanted to let you know you are AMAZING, you are doing a fabulous job, even though you dont feel like it, but I also hope you can take some time out for you, Dan and for Livvy. :hugs:

everyone I will be back at some stage in the next month for personals...

oh Dan, Im about to get a part time job and i am scared about falling apart too.

Just know you ARE an amzaing mother and you are doing the BEST job you can. You can't ask for more than that can you?

Hang in there babe, I am so sure things will work out xxx

Big squishy cyber hugs Dan - you guys are all in a new routine now and it will take some time but it will get better, just takes some getting used to. I won't repeat what Tan and Danni have said but they are right - you are doing an AMAZING job and Livvy couldn't ask for a better mummy than you. Hang in there and come in here and vent as much as you need to ok?

Danni good luck with getting work, as you can tell from everybody's post it is an adjustment but you will be fine hun! I'm working Mon and Tue and happy not to be doing anymore although I am lucky that I am fairly well paid for those 2 days. Just do the minimum you have to for now and see how things go!

Hi everyone else, have a trillion things to do today as nothing gets done on the days I work and I am almost out of food for El. So having a shopping and cook up day I think to restock the freezer.
    Hope all is well.....xx

:hugs: Dan, you are doing a great job. I hope it gets easier for you soon!

Danni - Good luck with the job hunting!!!

Tan - Hope you are doing well!

Sangie - The list of things to do is never ending isn't it. Have fun with the cook-up. What sorts of things do you make?

OMG I went to poker at the pub last night and finished 4th!!!! While I was there Noah cut his first tooth!!! Okay back to my omelette!!! Have a great day!!!

Oh Dan, I totally empathise with you. I only work part-time like most here, and I can't imagine how busy you must be. I don't think I have any ideas other than maybe dropping back to part-time? Not sure if you work for a public hosp but I know here at QLD health we have great parental arrangements and I'm pretty sure it would be a government hosp thing. I can basically pick days/shifts etc until Angus's 2nd birthday. So I work every 2nd Sat night and a few in between whatever is suitable for us at the time. Works well cause DH has Sundays off and looks after kids and then just have mum babysit in morning until I get home for others. Maybe night shifts would be better for you too?? As I said am not sure what you need to work etc, but you have to be fair on yourself too!! Good luck, I hope it all falls into place a bit better for you!!

As for me, I am still lurking, only get a few minutes here and there to have a quick read!! I am supposed to be trying to have a sleep now as I have to work tonight, but I have about 50 loads of washing and my house is a disgrace. With Mum coming in the morning I have to tidy up cause it is embarrasing!! Other than that, don't read girls with bad sleepers!! Angus has been sleeping through the last 3 nights for the first time ever!! So it has taken us over 8mths but we have made it! He goes to bed about 7pm, stirs about 9pm so I give him a quick bf to top him up, and then he is sleeping through till about 6/6.30am. Amazing for him since he has always been up bf 2-5 times a night since birth!! Was our wedding anniversary yesterday, but we didn't even get to celebrate last night cause DH and I were so tired and have really enjoyed the last 3 nights of full sleep!!! Oh well, how bad is that when sleep is more important and a prioriity than dtd!! Plus I am mid cycle so don't really want to risk preg as I am not taking any contraceptives!!

Anyway, bbl for better personals, just wanted to reply to you dan cause your post brought tears to my eyes. I was exactly the same after dd2, I went back when she was 6wks as even after strict burgeting, just with bills etc we were negative $30 a week. So I had no choice. But anyway, big hugs to you Dan, you are an amazing Mum,wife, cook, cleaner,midwife, and even more amazing to do it all!!!
    Last edited by Shellbelle; February 6th, 2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: baaaad spelling

soz no time 4 personals ill b back later. Just lots of love being sent ur way dan, ur doing a great job hang in there!!!!
    Bella and I had play gym 2day and playgroup 2moro what a tired baby i will have. BBL

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast