Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2005 #2

hi sarajo! you're welcome to butt in at anytime.. my hair is still looking really silly but i'm very glad it's growing back as well. i even put a wave through my hair a couple months ago because it was looking so thin! btw, thanks for telling audra about us! she's been great to have around

still no teeth for ethan but he's happy just chewing on his gums and anything else he can get into his mouth. it was such a nice day yesterday, we took ethan out to have lunch out by the water (at the docks of the fish markets if you're in syd) and he loved it! he got all excited about the sparkling water and sea gulls flapping around. do your bubs still squint when they're in the sun?

hope everyone else is doing well

eddiesmom Guest

Hi everyone,
    Eddie has been just miserable lately. Friday he had a fever and he is only taking between 10 an 12 ounces a day lately with no solids. He spit up saturday like he was sick...it wasnt the normal reflux and he's been getting up every couple hours at night when he used to sleep 12 to 14 hours straight. If he doesnt staighten up today im taking him in to the doctor. his fever was gone yesterday and he didnt spit up anymore so im hoping he's getting over it but he still wasnt eating, and im wonder if the loss of appetite could be teething....i hope.
    anyway hope all is well
    audra

Thanks Dana! My hair hasnt started growing back yet...I feel like I will be bald soon! lol! I'm glad Audra decided to get on baby buddies! I just wish she would have joined belly buddies when pregnant...that was so nice to have! She was having problems with her computer though and was on bedrest, too!

Oh Audra, I hope my little Eddie feels better soon! I cannot wait to see him! (I havent seen him since he was 4 months!) I leave tomorrow early morning! Wooohooooo!

HI guys!
    Audra - Hope Eddie is feeling better today - maybe he's got a bit of a bug. It's hard to know whether it's teething or they're sick sometimes! (Sorry - I don't know how much milk he's taking as we go in mls rather than ounces!).
    Hi to Sarajo too!! What a beautiful little girl you have. Audra, that's great that you'll be able to see your sis and mum. It's great having others around just to chat to! Hope you all have fun.
    My sister has a 4 month old girl and it's great watching her and Kyla interact. Hopefully they'll be great friends as they grow up.
    Kyla is much better now, although we both still have a bit of a cough and Kyla's still snuffly and pulling her ear. Like you Audra, I'm not sure if this is due to teething or not - her 2nd tooth has now cut through. I don't want to keep taking her to the doctor and look like a paranoid mum!!
    We have the prem study people coming next week which will be good - Kyla's still not rolling yet, or sitting by herself so they will be able to check that all's ok. We also have a MCHN visit on Friday so it'll be good to see how much she has grown.
    Hey Dana - hope you and Ethan are good. I wouldn't worry about the teeth thing - looking at the other thread on 1sts - teeth can come at any time!!
    Hi also Rach!

Hey Carrie, do prem babies usually do stuff at their corrected age?
    Milo doesn't sit by himself yet either.

Hi Rach,
    Yeah - they should reach milestones at their corrected age. Does Milo roll lots?

Carrie, no not really. He has rolled, both ways and in both directions, but he doesn't do it alot.

Well, AF is back today with a vengeance! grrr..I am going to go lie down with a cup of tea and a hot water bottle.

Hi - Alex doesn't roll much either - he'll flip from his tummy to his back, but its more a flip than a roll and he's never gone from back to tummy, gets half way but can't get his leg over !

At mothers group, when Cait was a baby - there was a baby there, freaky baby we called her, who walked at 8 months !!

Milo is crosscutting 3 teeth (maybe 4), two front top ones and the left, second from the front on the bottom. So that makes 7 all up, 8 if the right bottom one makes an appearence too :eek:

Hope everyone else is doing well.

eddiesmom Guest

Hi Everyone!
    Eddie's back to normal and my sister is here. The babies sre sooo cute together!! Abby loves Eddie and Eddie uses Abby to pull himself up it's funny. I think Eddie's gonna be a freaky baby too...lol he pulls himself up on everything and walks along with it. He's not yet 8 months and I expect him to be walking very soon. No more teeth yet just the 2 front on the bottom, and he is eating solids this week like a champ!!! I'm so proud of him!!!
    Anyway I hope all is well!! :-)
    Audra

eddiesmom Guest

Hi Everyone!!
    Well just a bit of news today, believe it or not Eddie stood for about 20 seconds this morning then took two step all by himself!!! It was amazing! He squeeled...he was soo proud of himself!!! Can't stay on thought busy day! Talk to you all later
    Audra

WOW Audra - that's fantastic!! What a smart little boy! How cute that he squealed!

Kyla's had a busy week - Friday we had the MCHN visit, and as per usual she stressed me out saying that Kyla should be having 3 solid feeds a day...she wont eat any atm. And said that she's a bit behind in her gross motor skills. But then we had the prem study people who said that her fine motor skills are excellent as she is waving, and doing a pincer grip rather than a whole hand grip and she also chats heaps.
    We then had the pead on Wed...he said not to worry about the feeding - that I should keep offering food but that she would eat in her own time. The prem study people suggested stipping her down and letting her play with the food.
    Then we had her third hearing test today (all babies born under a certain gestation have to have them) and she did great. However they said that her eardums are drawn back a bit - so her ears must be blocked (probably from the cold). Have to go back again in Sept just to check that this has resolved.
    So as you can see - we've been very busy!!!

Hello I am new to bb.
    My baby is 8mths - born 2nd November 2005.
    He has just started to crawl just to reach toys and cruises the furniture.
    He is growing way too fast.
    He doesn't like his feed, though he does his breast feeds.

Milo had his MCHN checkup today.
    8.7kg, 70cm
    His weight is still all over the chart and has moved almost 2 lines down, but he's still above average and obviously thriving, so she wasn't concerned.

Hes not yet sitting unsupported though, so I am supposed to "encourage" him, starting with turing the car seat around.

Will see how this goes.

He;s just gotten through a nasty case of the runs, cause It hink byt he solids I gae him. It stripped his bowel :eek: So there was a very yucky nappy or two, but he seems OK now, and is happy enough - just a very nasty nappy rash, so he's smothered in sudocream.

I'll post an update in a few days.

Welcome gobblygook!

Rayray- Great to hear that Milo is doing so well! Hope his bot clears up soon.

When to stop baby foods?
    I am sure it depends on the individual child.
    My baby is not very keen on it...he likes what we eat, though he is lazy and wont hold finger foods...

hi gobblygook! welcome to BB.. and this thread! your bub was born the same day as ethan! hehe.. i still get excited when we meet babies that are around ethan's age

glad to hear everyone is going well. still no teeth for ethan but he's so much more mobile now. he's pulling himself up on everything in sight and sometimes gets a bit too confident and lets go... then splat on his bum! most times he'll get right back up but other times he'll let out a cry before crawling off again. i don't know if he'll be one of those freaky babies but i think he might walk before his 1st birthday.

hey audra, how are things with your mum and sarajo there? it must be fun cause i'm always with my in-laws and i can't imagine not having them around. ethan has a 11 month old cousin and it's always fun to see them interact. they also have a 18 month old cousin who thinks it's fun to ride any crawling baby like a horse! hehe..

eddiesmom Guest

Hi everyone and welcome gobblygook!!!
    Im trying to set up my ticker and im soooo tired...i hope this works.
    dana.. I love my mum and sara being here, we're having a great time but i havent had much time to post. i'm going to miss them so much when they go!! things will be back to normal next week and ill post more often.
    carrie... eddie is off and on with his solids he did well for a week but lately hes wanted nothing to do with them, im hoping things will be better next week.
    hope all is well with everyone!!
    audra

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast