Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in November 2005

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Ashleigh has a bit of a cold at the moment. She has a cough and a bit of wheeze every now and then. I think she has got it off her brother, who has a cold for a few weeks now. I am keeping an eye on her and if she gets a temperature I will be taking her to the doctors. She is also having trouble feeding at the moment because of her cold. I think the weather in NSW is not helping anyone. One day it is boiling hot and the next it is cold so no wonder my household is full of colds.

Ashleigh is actually having physio for her neck at the moment. She is also favouring one side as well and she has a bit of a flat head and she has to do certain exercises to rectify the problem. My physio said this is common in babies these days because of the fact that everyone places their babies on their back.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(2 months old)

Lee-Ann Guest

Hi everyone

Michele - Hope Ashleigh is feeling better now. I don't sleep Regan on her back all the time, in fact I rarely do, I think it's because with my 2 older daughters I slept them on their sides so just found it too hard to get around mentally to sleep Regan on her back iykwim. But I have seen quite a few babies with that flatness on their heads from being on their backs all the time. But I heard that it does go away but I wonder how long that would take?

Well Regan is going through a funny stage. Every time I get her out of the bath she screams blue murder! I'm wondering whether it's because she's enjoying her bath or she's just so relaxed she's really tired and therefore is crying cos she's over-tired. Either way, it's really hard to calm her down. I tried to pick her up to calm her down but it just didn't work, so I quickly dress her and pick her up and walk around with her until she finally calms down. Even giving her a b/f doesn't work until she's ready to calm down. I bath her at the end of the day between 630 & 730pm, to get her ready for "bed time".

I updated my website with a smiley pic of Regan, it amazes me how in a few weeks they can change so much. I have really great conversations with Regan now too, I'll say "ah-goo" to her and she'll say it back to me, it's so cute and exciting! Oh I have to make my appointment with the Dr tomorrow for Regan's needles (I keep forgetting). 8-[

How is everyone else going? Hope you're all well.

Cynthaz Guest

Ryan used to grizzle for his bath so we made the water just a touch warmer and turned on the heat lamp in the bathroom and now he seems better. He kicked around and made a huge splashy mess last time (and then grinned wildly).

Perhaps you could try another time of day? Ryan isn't at his best in the evening, he seems in a happier frame of mind earlier in the day.

Hi - I haven't had the needles done yet either. Caitlin needs her 4yo ones too ... before kinda starts next week ... that just occured to me then.

Thats funny about the bath, I don't know how you'd get around that. I would love to bath Alex at the same time each day, I'm not that organised yet. He's in the big bath now - I have a hammock type thing that he lies on and he can flap his arms and legs.

Barb.

OMG Lee-Ann Milo has done the exact same thing the past 2 nights.

He's fine in the bath, having a great time, but when I get him out and start drying him, he screams louder than any crying he's ever done in the past. Last night I had to strip off for skin/skin before he'd clam down enough that we could dress him. He then fell asleep, and slept through (9:30pm - 7am)

I don't know what it can be - are they old enough for temper tantrums? Maybe he wants to stay in the bath for longer...

I think I might ask MCHN about it, I'm going to try to ake him there today, as he has dark circles around his eyes and I don't know what it can be. It looks like he's punched himself in the face.

Also he has what looks like cradlecap, but its on his ears, and inside them, so maybe its something else? He doesn't seem bothered by it though, there are no signs that its causing any discomfort.

Lee-Ann Guest

Rachael - Regan has been doing it for the past 5 days. I wondered whether it was her being tired and cranky telling me she's unhappy about being taken out of the bath? I even tried to massage her when I got her out to try and prevent her being upset and it didn't work. But she's the same as Milo will finally calm down have a feed and go to bed for 4 - 6 hours.

I started doing the bath at night to help calm her down & relax her for a good night sleep, in a way it would be good to try another time of day (to see if she still does it) but am worried that she won't settle as easily at night iykwim. Rachael, you'll have to let me know what your MCHN says, I don't see mine until next week. I notice that Regan also gets dark circles around her eyes although I wasn't too sure why it was so?

My MCH centre is closed until tuesday, so I took Milo to a different one to ask about his eyes. She had a look at them, and then mine, and said its probably genetic as mine are dark a lot of the time. He's happy, smiling etc and doesn't seem in discomfort.

She looked in his eyes with the torch and just said to keep an eye (pardon the pun) on them, and that if they start to go red that it could be conjunctivitus.

I forgot to ask her about the after bath screaming though - will ask next Thursday when I go for new mums group, or if it keeps happening each night I might ring earlier in the week.

I've posted a topic about it in the general discussion area.

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Ashleigh has still got a cold. It is taking her a long time to get over it. I am considering whether I should take her to the doctor or not. She has not got a temperature and is feeding better so I am not sure what to do.

Rayray, sorry to hear that bubs is not enjoying her bath. I usually give Ashleigh a bath in the morning time because I have four other kids to get showered and bathed at night time.

I still haven't been to the clinic as yet but I will probably go in the next coming weeks because kids are going back to school next week. So I will have only two at home then and only Ashleigh on Wednesday and Friday as Jayden my three year old goes to preschool those days.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(2 and a half months old)
    TTC Feb 07

Lee-Ann Guest

Well I'm shocked but Regan slept 7 1/2 hours last night. She'd only just started sleeing 4 - 6 hours a night, but last night she slept from 10pm til about 5.30am I think it was more like 6.45. Anyway I can't believe it to be honest, but boy were my bb's full I was kind of hoping she'd wake up lol. Anyway it was good to get some sleep. What is the longest your bubs have slept through the night so far? Do your babies consistently sleep that long?

Cynthaz Guest

Ryan consistently sleeps from midnight to 6am and recently has been going to bed as early as 10.30 to 11.30 and getting up as late as 7am.

It feels a bit uncomfortable but it's more than worth it to get all that lovely sleep!

For the last 3 nights, Milo has slept 9.5 hours.

Last night was 10:30pm - 8am

For the past few weeks its been between 6 - 8 hours, varying times to go to sleep & wake up.

After a few nights, you bbs get used to it, until bubs sleeps an extra hour.

I don't mind so much, since Milo feeds less than perfectly its a good opportunity for me to express to stock up for when he starts teething (my brother & I both cut teeth before 4 months)

Since he doesn't put his tongue over his bottom jaw like he's supposed to, I won't be feeding him after the first tooth makes its appearance.

Hi - Alex slept 8pm to 8am last night/this morning. The last couple of weeks it's been 8-5am or 8-6am.

I think he has a bit of a heat rash at the moment, he's a bit dotty across the bottom of his back and bum.

Booked in for needles tomorrow, finally.

Barb.

Cynthaz Guest

To change the subject totally... has anyone started reading to baby yet?

I've started with one of those board books that has different fabrics for baby to touch, and also the picture book the government gave us. Ryan seems to pay attention to both, although he is very uncoordinated when he tries to touch the pages.

He does listen quietly when I read library books to him and I can see his head turning to look at each new page so he seems to be paying attention.

Am I being too ambitious? Do your babies like books this early? I'm curious to hear your experiences...

PS Yay for the sleeping babies. We all seem to be getting a proper sleep now. Lovely!

I have tried reading to Milo a couple of times, but he doesn't seem interested.

He does like singing though, and tries to joing in! Its pretty funny.

In the past couple of days he has decided that he doesn't like going to sleep at night anymore (up til now he has settled himself to sleep pretty much every night). We're trying to settle him a few ways, but usually I need to feed him again.

So I'm not sure whether its my supply, and he's actually still hungry, or if he's just wanting the confort. He won't take a dummy, so I can't give him one, and don't want to in case its the hunger..

Hi - I don't read to Alex, but I guess he listens when I read to Cait ! It's a good time to read to her when I'm feeding him cos I can't do much else.

He was 'chatting' to a woman in the shops today - all this great gurgling and ahhing.

And here's something you can't talk about anywhere else - before this week he used to poo almost every change/feed. He went all day yesterday without one and today did a big floody one !

Barb.

Milo had a poo blowout today too :shock:

Its the first time he's gone a day in between, and he more than made up for it!

Better get back to him, i think its dinner time..

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Been busy off late. Kids have gone back to school this week, so everything will hopefully return to normal soon.

Ashleigh is recovering from her cold but we are still having trouble with her reflux. Have appointment with paedaetrician in March as well as having her first clinic appointment on the 10th March. I know she will be four months old but with christmas and the kids on holidays I just haven't had time to go to the clinic for the appointment.

I had Ashleigh weighed at the Chemist today and she weighs 6.3 kilos. She seems to be putting on weight despite having the reflux problems. She has to go back to the physio next week for a checkup on her legs and her neck, I am hoping everything is fine.

Regarding the reading I haven't started yet but the kids read their books around her so she is hearing someone read. Regarding her sleeping, the last few days Ashleigh is now sleeping from 9.30pm- 10pm to 5.30-6.00am in the mornings. I have to wake her during the week at 5.45am so I can have a shower at 6.30am so I can get the kids ready for school.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(3 months old)

Hi - about reflux - my mum keeps telling me Alex has it - sometimes he brings up clear liquid, sometimes its like straight breast milk and sometimes it curdly looking. But it doesn't worry him, he doesn't seem to cry because of it. How do you know if they have it ?

Barb.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast