Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #2

Hi all,

I finally have two minutes to say a quick hello. Got home on Monday, which was wonderful. God hospital beds are uncomfortable!

Aston is a delight, and Laura and Nathan are totally besotted with him- they squabble over who is going to do what to help out. The novelty will probably wear off eventually, but its lovely to see at the moment. I got quite weepy when I got home and was watching them with him - happy tears. And you were all right - it is all coming back. Aston took to breastfeeding like a duck to water, which is half the battle won I think.

I will post my birth story in a couple of days, because it was my best birth experience, and I would really like to share it. Worse pregnancy, but best birth.

Aston is feeding at the moment about twice in the night, and settling easily thank goodness. had a few hairy nights in hospital when my milk was coming in, but now we are at home he has been great.

My husband has been INCREDIBLE! This is his first child, and the transformation has been amazing to watch. I feel like I have fallen in love with him all over again. And with the birth of his own son, there has also been an awakening and understanding towards his step children, and that is the best thing in the world. I feel very complete as a family. (and also still pretty high on those wonderful hormones that are pumping through my body - lets see how great I feel in a couple of weeks lol!)

It was odd signing in this morning. I have been posting to belly buddies for so long, that I didn't know where to post to begin with lol.

Looking forward to getting to know you girls better, and Kim, our little bundles share a birthday. Cool eh.

Aww Aston is so adorable Vicky, and indeed our babies share their birthday

Chelsea has finally settled down now. She had bad colic caused by stupid formula, so now we have changed brands she seems to be doing much better. Sleeping and not screaming the house down. Just a little angel now she is.

Vicky: thanks for the update and so glad you are enjoying it and the kids sound like great helpers, Luke is still pretty great with Mason but novelty wore off with Cooper quick lol

Kim: Glad the formula change has helped settle Chelsea

All is ok here, had a crap day yesterday but luckily they dont happen often, had a better night so that was the main thing, really thinking now i dont want anymore kids, can see that once we pass the real baby stage that i can get a bit of a life back so thinking about that now instead of wanting more, could change though lol

VICKY glad to see you back, Aston's very cute!!

well i thought my bleeding had almost stopped yeasterday, well it's back today!! so over wearing pads, having my 6 week ck up next week and really hoping it's stopped by then, though i really doubt it, has anyone had the same problem of bleeding almost stopping then recommencing? this has happened a few times

CHRISTY the literature she sent was just the noises and meanings, so looking forward to getting the DVD. she has some more info to give me soon on new info just out on sleep and sleep patterns ( like not waking during certain sleep patterns etc) she is very ahndy for info and more than happy to help out.

only 19 days till christmas....

Belinda- Glad to hear you're having a better day today.

Vicki- Ashton is totally adorable. Congratulations on having a great birth. How wonderful is it when you watch your husband change when they have their baby in their arms.

Kim- Im glad the formula is working better for Chelsea.

AJP- My lochia has been the same, just when I think its going away, it comes back. Grrr. Though I have noticed it does it more when Baylee has a feeding frenzy. Touch wood this last couple of days I've only needed to wear a liner.

Hand up on the lochia.... mines the same, one day seems to be finished & the next it starts up again... usually after a marathon feeding arvo.

Been a pretty full on week here with having Matilda extra days & mum still here. She goes on Sunday so hopefully things will settle for us in time for Christmas I have more work to do on my shoulder and exercises to keep me going... I can't wait until I can lift Jovie with my left arm again.

Congrats Vicky - Aston is so cute! Glad to hear you had a great birth too.

Our day was going fine...until we ventured out in the car and then all i got were screams for the next hour. Not sure what triggered it but she's very unsettled these days and needs me to continually hold her.

The GP said i should start putting her to bed without rocking and holding her to get her to self-soothe. Sounds a bit early for that...

Ann

I say just do that when you are ready Ann, its too hard if you dont really want too do it and you will give in, so why worry, if your ok with how things are then just keep with it

AJP: Has been the same here as well, last couple of days its stopped so who knows

Robyn: Thanks

Christy: Hope all gets back to normal for you next week

I am really looking forward to xmas this year normally dont like it, but every single thing luke has been talking about that he wants i already have, so he will be very happy, seems i chose well this year, plus first xmas for Mason where he will be way more aware of what is happening

Vicky- Sorry I wrote Ashton instead of Aston.

No problem Robyn my mum has a great grand nephew named Ashton, and she has to stop and think before she says Aston's name. lol

So far this little man has been a dream. since we have been home has woken twice nightly for feeding, and settles very easily going straight back to sleep, which is wonderful, because the mumma follows right behind!

Had two hypo's yesterday - so the diabeties is obviously still settling down, I have to remember to eat regularly still, breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea etc. otherwise I will still have them. also means that I will have to still be mindful about what I' m sticking in my mouth too.

Aston seems to have a wakeful time in the middle of the day. (about 4 hours 10.30 - 2.30 yesterday) He wasn't cranky - just didn't want to go to sleep. I was racking my brain yesterday trying to remember how long babies should be awake for before going back to sleep. I know its different for each child, but for the life of me can not remember what the general 'rule' is. All contributions as to what the norm is are greatly accepted lol.

My little helpers are still hovering around, doing what ever needs to be done. My DS Nathan is very emotional at the moment. Because yesterday was the first day that I had been at home by myself since coming home from hospital, I got a phone call from school because he was worried about me and Aston. I'm so glad the school let him call so that he could make sure I was ok. God love him. I think he is a little overwhelmed with emotion at the moment. One of the things that makes Nathan such a beautiful soul is his capacity to care so deeply.

Laura being that little bit bigger is able to do a few more things, like get Aston out of his cot. She is pretty chuffed with herself about that. I think if I let her she'd be changing his nappy, and burping him too! She is very much in love with him too, which is wonderful, as she was a little at sea with herself before he was born, because in her words "he was only her half brother" but she has gotten over that now, and loves him to bits.

Bit worried that DH may burn himself out with attentiveness. He has been incredible, and I'm loving every minute of it, but hey, he is only human. He is getting used to having the snuffling stretching grunting little boy around, and as he is a light sleeper wakes easily, worrying about if Aston is ok. Hopefully he will relax into it soon, and realise that those noises are Aston's sleeping noises.

Well, have a few phone calls to make, which should do while my hands are free. Have a good day everyone.

Hi Vicky, glad to hear all is well, your DS sounds like a beautiful young man you must be very proud!!
    Sophie is the same during the day, not a big sleeper just happy to lie around, she's quite content, only cat naps during most days, with the occasional day where she sleeps in blocks, it depends on if we've been out or not, but is a great sleeper over night. just go with the flow and remember all recommendations are just that, recommendations, their all different.
    Christy good luck with the shoulder exercises, i'm sure it will be bette before you know it

Ella as well. Although today she had a big 3hr sleep during the day.

We tried out the self-settling suggestion from our GP yesterday and today. Yesterday it took us 3 hours and i think she gave in from exhaustion. This afternoon she took 30mins to drift off to sleep. And now after a bath and top-up of milk she went to sleep in her cot straight away.

I found it was important to just recognise the signs and swaddle her and take her to her room straight away. Otherwise she takes an hour or more to get off to sleep.

We have our fingers and toes crossed this is a sign of things to come.

Ann

Vicky: Glad to hear things are going really well for you guys and lovely of your son to think of you

Ann: Hope things stay on the improve for you and well done for finding a strategy that works for you

I am frazzled again, Mason has a cold so he was really needy today and i cant blame him, just Cooper was more needy so poor Mason missed out most of the day, tried to fit some time in with him over the day but wasnt enough, feel bad, but i guess that the cost of having them so close together, it will get better when Cooper is a little older so not much i can do till then, did get a colour in my hair and a shower in tonight so that was my achievement of the day lol

Morning ladies, we had a reasonable night, the normal 3-4 hourly wake up. The best part is that Aston settles so easily after he has fed in the night. Unfortunately for me I couldn't fall back asleep as easily. My mind with racing with a 101 things. I had some important news yesterday, and the consequences of it are fantastic for us as a family, so I couldn't stop thinking about all the different scenerios that were now possible.

Belinda, I hope Mason is feeling better soon. Don't you just love the perpetual feeling of guilt that we mothers have? If only we were octopuses then we could cover all the bases - well at least 8 of them!

I hope everyone had reasonalbe nights - doesn't sleep , and getting it become all consuming? On that note I'm going to lay down while the little man is asleep.

Have a good day,

Hi everyone!

I have finally managed to come back in here, I feel like I have been on hiatus for the last week and a half. Life is only just starting to feel 'normal' again.

Things have settled down here nicely. Matilda seems to be in a good pattern of feeding and sleeping and having a bit of awake time in between. Fingers crossed it stays that way. My older two have been great with her, they just want to touch her and kiss her all the time! It's amazing how they have just taken it in their stride. Mind you they have been a bit naughty for DH - don't know why, but they just seem to play up on him more than me. He has been great though and has really bonded with Matilda. He's back at work now and I miss having him here during the day.

I will have to write down my birth story soon before I forget it. It's only been a week and I am already forgetting some of the details. It was my best birth by far - I achieved everything I wanted - Spontaneous labour, no augmentation, no drugs (well, gas, but it has so little pain-killing effect that it almost doesn't count) and no PPH! And I felt well enough to come home the next day, instead of completely washed out like I did with the other two.

Anyway I am glad to hear that everyone else is doing well!

Hi Bon,

Good to hear from you. Mine too was the best birth experience so far. Amazing what it a difference it makes to your state of mind eh.

DH is back at work too, and has fallen totally in love with his little man. It is very lovely to watch, and my two are also completely besotted with their new brother. Very attentive little helpers they are. My little boy Nathan is very emotional, a little overwhelmed by how he is feeling I think. I think tomorrow I will spend some one on one time with him.

Going to have a cup of tea and a biccie. take care all

mmm reminds me i should eat today, just never know what i want then by the time i decide someone is awake again

saying this very quietly, but both of them are asleep and luke is in his room playing ps2, so i should be cleaning floors but havent started yet, guess i should they look horrible

Bon: Glad you got the birth that you wanted

Vicky: hope you enjoy your one on one time with Nathan I am taking Luke to sydney for a suprise trip early in the new year for all his help and putting up with having two little brothers so close together, i am sure he will be really excited about it all, and a good chance for him and I to spend a weekend together without someone else wanting my attention

Im sitting here with a very unsettled baby, Xander had reflux as a baby and I think Baylee may be the same. Hes acting the same as Xander did so I think Im gonna have to book an appt with the paed.
    Hes been a chucky baby from birth, but now it seems to be really hurting him. Hes only happy when hes propped up or on my shoulder. Sucking on a dummy used to help Xander, but Baylee doesnt seem to like it, he just wants to be on the boob, but then it starts all over again coz he has more milk then he chucks and then it burns him and so on and so on...
    I might have to get him some infant gaviscon and see how that goes.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast