Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #2

Hope that the gaviscon helps him Robyn

Hello all!!

Bon I can't wait to hear about Matilda's birth!

Robyn I hope the gaviscon works... I'm trying some Mylanta for Jovie today...

Well... my sausage has been unsettled too, more so the past week than before. She's sleeping really well at night, woke up once the last 2 nights. But unsettled most of the day. She's been drawing her knees up and grunting & crying and it seems to be wind because everytime she falls asleep, she wakes up 10-15 minutes later grunting & crying and then farts or poos and then it takes us another hour to get her to sleep again and the same thing happens again.

Hope the wind stuff settles down again, we have the same thing here with Cooper too, he is farting on my leg right now actually lol

Well the sleep deprivation has finally arrived. I am so vague its not funny. I am forgetting the names of things, what I was about to do, and losing my train of thought mid sentence! My DH is not working tomorrow and has ordered me to sleep while he is at home for the day, and he will look after Aston and wake me when he needs to be fed. Hopefully that will make me feel midly human again. I feel terrible because I have been such a snappy tom for the last two days, and Rich and the kids are been so helpful and wonderful, and I am being a cranky b*tch. :frown: I took Aston in to school today for the kids to "show and Tell" so I think they have forgiven me.

Thank goodness Aston is still settling well after night feeds, or I would probably be looking for the men in white jackets about now! I took him to the Child Health Clinic today and he has put on 250grams since we left the hospital last Monday. So I'm very happy with that. He is over his birth weight now. And I also went to the Doctor for a my checkup and my scar is healing nicely - starting to itch now, so I guess that is a good sign. Still feeling a little tender in the evening after a day of doing stuff, but I guess thats to be expected. Nothing a couple of panadol doesn't fix. I think I have been overdoing it a bit with the catching up with people, so I am really looking forward to staying in my PJ's for the day tomorrow, and not answering the phone.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. Take care

Hope you enjoy your peaceful day tommorow Vicky glad everything else is going well and the kids enjoyed taking him to show and tell, i was going to do that but never bothered lol, was too lazy

I think if I hadn't been going to go to the doctor and baby health clinic it probably wouldn't have happened Belinda. But I think i have been forgiven for being a cranky mumma. I'm up waiting for Aston to fall back asleep. I hate having just fallen asleep and he stirs - then I'm like a zombie and don't know what I'm doing. he fell asleep this evening at 5pm and woke at 10 for a feed. I think he may be asleep now. so I going to go and jump into bed!

Well, today was alot better for Baylee, the gaviscon seemed to releave the burning, though I must say its a pain in the butt to prepare. I used mylanta for Xander and thats so much easier. Anyway, so far so good.

Thanx for the well wishes Belinda and Christy.

Christy- I hope the mylanta works for Jovie. Baylee has been the same, pulling his legs up and the grunting and crying, its not nice.

Well i am still awake here and no babies are lol so guess i should turn this off and get some sleep, i so love my me time that i stretch it out for too long most nights!

Robyn:Glad that you and Baylee had a better day today

Vicky: hope you got a good overnight sleep and he didnt rewake on you after you got into bed

Well mentioning bed i am off to it, nite

WOW Belinda! How did you manage to stay up that late??? LOL I'm comatose by 9pm... last night was the worst for me. I was just so tired, Jovie was crying & I couldn't get out of bed, so DH got her up & changed her & brought her into bed & popped her on the boob LOL... I was so grateful that I didn't have to move.

She's settled today... go figure?? She was unsettled most of the night & now today is settled... I think I prefer the unsettled time during the day.

Didn't get around to getting the Mylanta either... Robyn, Matilda got really bad constipation on the Gaviscon and Mylanta didn't work for her either so we had to go through a paediatrician with her reflux and medicate with mylanta and Zantac. I'm pretty sure Jovie's is colic and not reflux but we were going to trial the mylanta and see if it made any difference. I'm holding out until our GP appt on Thursday.

My own body isn't doing flash hot. I think I popped a stitch if its possible... I'm seeing the GP as well on Thursday because no GP's are working when I hit 6 weeks... well none that I know & I really would want to know who is looking at my stitches iykwim? I just don't like flashing anyone...I have stopped bleeding mostly but it feels wrong down there so I have to get someone to check it out, yuck.

Here I am in sunny queensland, still in my PJ's as per the plan. DH came home this morning, and did the kids lunches and let me sleep for another hour and half, then I got up had some brekkie, said good bye to the kids before they went to school, and went back to bed for 45 mins with DH, who is catching up on some shut eye as I type. Aston woke about 9, fed, and went back to sleep again, so I laid down on the lounge for an hour. And I think I will continue to do that for the rest of the day. DH wants me to wake him in an hour or so to take over. My body is definately telling me to STOP, my bleeding picked up again yesterday. So I am going to listen to it. everything else can wait.

Hope everyone else is having ok day.

Hi all

Matilda and Grace are both sleeping so I have a bit of time free, although I 'should' be doing housework. Meh. I am not feeling too tired today which is good! But Matilda is pretty good overnight, only wakes up once for a feed and usually goes straight back to sleep.

But yesterday afternoon she was awake for over 4 hours :eek: Poor darling had wind and tummy pain I think - she was drawing her legs up and wriggling. The dummy helped a bit, and she would settle for a while and then wake up crying. She ended up falling asleep at about 8 o'clock after a bottle and a good burp. Then this morning she did a huge poo so maybe that was it. Thankfully she is settled now, but she tends to have at least one unsettled period every day.

Better go, I have washing to hang out etc.

Hi Bon, lovely to see a photo of you newest addition. How wonderful that Matilda is only waking once in the night. I can't really complain - Aston is only waking twice and settles quickly after a feed. I having a very low key day today, resting and recuperating. My wound has been feeling a little sore the past two days, a good indication that I have been doing too much, so I'm listening to my body, and letting the housework stay where it is - undone. DH is really good, so I know that when he has gotten some much needed sleep, he will be up and into it! I'll enjoy this next month while I can. I ended up with an infection with my last c-section, and I want to avoid that at all costs, hence the taking it very easy.

Aston tends to have a wakeful period during the day too, which I have been assured is perfectly normal. he is looking to be fed at the moment so I had better go and do it. have a good day

All I can say is Woo-Hoo!!! Baylee feed at 9.30pm last night, had some gaviscon and went to sleep. The little darling didnt wake again til 4.00am . I am feeling so good. The gaviscon must be working.
    I was feeling so energetic this morning I got on my hands and knees and scrubbed the grout in the boys bathroom.

Belinda- Im with you, Ive been doing the same in the evenings. I love my me time, DH is in bed, the boys are asleep and I can chill out on my own. Ive been going to bed around 11pm. But not waking tired. Maybe Im running on adrenalin.

Christy- OMG, I hope you havent popped a stitch you poor thing, that was my worse fear. Good on your DH for sorting Jovie out for you, I hope she settles down soon so you can get a decent nights sleep.

Vicky- I hope you are enjoying your rest day. Lucky girl, make the most of it.

YAY Baylee!!! Well done! I bet you feel so much better today.

I took Jovie to the chiropractor today to see if it helps I'll give anything a few go's to see if it will help. I know for Matilda we went to the chiro 8 times and it didn't help but I had to try.

Now I think Jovie has thrush. Over the day she has developed white spots inside her lips & cheeks and her tongue which is usually white with milk has gone a bit off white & thicker? if that makes sense.... thank goodness Thursday isn't far away.

Well girls... I'm having an off day. Tired and moody. I guess after hearing all the stuff about Jovie, having her really unsettled for a few days & having around 4 appts before the end of the week to try & figure things out is frustrating. I just want to go to sleep.... maybe I will go back to bed & bury my head LOL... I think I have 30 minutes for that before Jovie will wake up

Hi Christy,

I hear you on the tired and moody front. I'm right there with you. I'm such a snappy tom at the moment it isn't funny. I'd forgotten how much breast feeding takes out of you. that and the broken sleep. Plus this time of year is revolting - I have so much stuff I need to do, and absolutely no inclination to do any of it. I did very little yesterday in the hope that I would suddenly feel rejuvenated today - no such luck! I need to get into Centrelink, and get my license renewed, plus complete the permanent residency application for DH .... paperwork it just goes on and on. But at least Aston is ok. I think I would really go nutty if he wasn't well plus all the other "stuff" I need to do. Sorry to whinge.

I really hope Christy that by the weekend you have some resolution. Half the battle is the not knowing what it is going on or how to fix it. Be kind to yourself. (says she who is beating herself up at the moment because she feels like she should be able to do EVERYTHING) Take care

Christy- Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday, I hope Jovie is feeling a little better and settled soon. Good luck today, hope the doc says everything is ok with you.

Vicky- Dont beat yourself up about not doing anything, my girlfriend overdid it after her caeser and ended up needing laser surgery to repair her wound. And your past experience tells you that you do need to rest.

Vicky and christy i'm with you guys, moody i feel like a snappy tom!!
    Had my 6 week ck up yesterday and found out that i need to have an operation to repair scar tissue in my whoop whoop from delivery (i have posted in body after birth?) apparently the scar tissue is probably from when I was developing as a fetus something happened around 18 weeks and the scar tissue is a result of that!i dont really understand but Dr said it's so tight DTD will be impossible. hard to believe that since i gave birth it's almost sealed up!!!, so i'm a bit scared and upset, not wanting anymore pain. after the epi i'm not really ready for more just yet, i aslo have to have a skintag removed at the same time, though he said i shouldn't have much pain.

sorry for the ramble just wasnt expecting to be told that, but will have to deal with it!!
    thanks for listening

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast