Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #2

AJP - I don't blame you for feeling stressed out. I know I would be. Aint it always the way - if its not one thing its another.

On a positive note I feel better today, I am slowly getting through my list of "to do" things, and slept better last night as well. Amazing what a reasonalbe nights sleep will do for a girl.

I watched the Baby Listener on the Oprah show on Monday. What does everyone else think about this. I have been "trying" to listen to the different cries, the pain one I had sussed already, I guess its still trail and error to a degree. if its not one thing - hungry dirty pain tired - process of elimination eventually works I guess.

well the little man as snoozing and thats my cue to do the same....

Hi all

AJP - you poor thing, you have every right to be feeling stressed. Hope that everything is fine once you have the op.

Vicky - I must admit I have been a bit sceptical about the Baby Listener, but then I didn't see it on tv. Friends saw it and reckon it's amazing though. But I do think that mothers come to know their baby's cries anyway, over time. There's a lot to be said for mothers intuition. Glad you had a better sleep last night. IKWYM about "to do" lists, mine isn't getting any smaller - I do one thing, and something else replaces it!

Well today Miss Matilda doesn't want to sleep in her bassinet and will only settle in her rocker with the vibrations turned on. Which is ok I suppose, as long as she is sleeping, but I don't want her to become reliant on the vibrations to go to sleep. It is pretty hot here today too, so maybe she doesn't want to sleep in her bed cos it's too hot. I am finding that she doesn't settle to sleep on her own, unless she falls asleep while feeding. If she is having awake time, she won't go to sleep once she gets tired. But on the other hand, she has been sleeping well at night, so I suppose I should be grateful for small mercies!

Bon I know what you mean about the lists and how things keep getting added to them. Writing down what I need to do is the only way I can actually remember anything at the moment. My head is such a fog that sometimes I can't even remember words!! lol. I think my brain cells are travelling out my boobs!

I did get some more stuff achieved today though - Christmas shopping - and for the next 3 days I am going to do as little as possible because my wound is extremely sore this afternoon! Think my body is saying enough now Vicky.

Aston has been so good. Especially because for the last two days he has been out and about doing christmas shopping. It was hot today, and when we got home I stripped him down to his bare bum and a singlet and let him have a wiggle around. Gosh little boys can fountain far! lol.

I'm sitting here eating pistacho nuts and having a cup of tea. Lovely. Best think about what to feed the family...

I'm still around... I had my GP appt this morning and while I was there with my list of things (yep I wrote a list & still forgot one thing!!!) and Jovie has thrush in her mouth, I have thrush on my nipples, Jovie has colic (thank god not reflux) and I *may* have some retained placenta. So she sent me to the hospital (stopped home first to breastfeed Jovie & let DH know that he wasn't going into work today). Once there they did an internal (SOOOO painful!) and more poking & prodding down there than I could appreciate. Told me they weren't sure & put me on heaps of antibiotics and I have to go back for a scan tomorrow (which I have to reschedule because I have no one to look after Matilda) and then another scan after I finish the antibiotics. So I'm not entirely impressed either & hate to think of what will happen if the antibiotics don't clear it up...

AJP thats awful!!! How scary & horrible. I can understand what you are going through!!!

Jovie has been a good sausage... the thrush has been killing my breasts so I have expressed every alternate feed today & given her a bottle & expressed the other times. Just trying to give my breasts a break. I felt horribly guilty at one point, but then I cried through a feed today and decided my supply must be failing because Jovie can't get enough food off me, and keeps crying and it must be due to the pain. URGH

Sorry to hear you girls are having a tough time of it atm, i really hope things improve and all the medical stuff is cleared up and pain free very soon!

All is ok here just popping in to read up on how you all are

AJP- Im so sorry about the scar tissue. I cant even imagine how you are feeling. for you

Christy- Ouch!! Thrush on your nipples and the internal. Not nice. Hopefully the antibiotics will work and your mik supply will be back to normal when you both are feeling better. for you too.

Vicky- Im glad to hear you are feeling better. On the Baby Listener, I have been using the techniques she spoke about and I have found that it works a charm. Sometimes I have to listen really hard coz his cries sound like a combination of two, usually it is. But I think shes fantastic.

Bon- Im having a similar problem with Baylee, he wants to settle down to sleep in the swing. Just as he is drifting off, I move him to bed. I dont want him to get used to the movements of the swing either. Have you tried moving Matilda just as she is drifting off, or will she wake?

Oh gotta go Baylees awake...

Hi All, how is everyone going?

I havent wrote for a while, ive had my best friend down visiting from NSW but she has gone home now

Was great having her here for a week, i got sleep ins while she feed Chelsea and looked after her!!
    Then my MIL and SIL come down and i got the *****s cos they were not doing things my way and got Chels out of her routine. She would scream and they couldnt calm her. Now DH and i are fighting because i started ignoring them and kept out of their way.

So DH packed them up and now they are staying in the city at a motel instead of here with us. I still am not talking much to DH. Id rather be alone and not have him around.

Chelsea has now started vomitting after each bottle as well, and i have not been able to settle her all day. Im ready to pull my hair out. I just dont know what is wrong. She had a feed, clean nappy, bath, not in pain.....just wont stop crying and wont sleep. or she will sleep but 5-10 mins later wakes up again.

Have you had Chelsea's check up at 7-10day? If not I would go to the GP and have a check over and mention what is going on. In the first few months they have an underdeveloped gastrointestinal tract which can cause vomits and unsettled behaviour, it "should" settle in a few weeks... having said that it could also get worse. So if you make sure its documented & she's gaining weight than its all good...

The 5-10 minutes thing is often them having issues with either digestion or with the startle reflex. The one where their arms flail about... it often happens after their bodies have relaxed and then it wakes them up. That's why many mums wrap their arms up tight... if she's wrapped it may be something else. BUT then again, Jovie does this for a few days & its really frustrating.

Had a crappy night cause Bill was out and i am so tired today! why cant they both sleep at the same time just for today, not asking for much i dont think, hiccup boy just wont give in, at least Mason did

awwww Belinda! Its so hard, seems to be that when Matilda is asleep the only hour & a half I have off right now is spent breastfeeding... so at least I get to sit down . Its so tiring to just be going continuously, I don't know how you do it with 3!

Today i dont know how i do either lol But i am feeling a bit better now, woken up a bit, hiccup boy gave in but Mason never slept, ah well, over the idea now

On the odd occasion when i do the overnight feeds i so have newfound respect each time for single parents or parents whos spouse isnt supportive or helpful, dont know how someone can go to bed with the kids then open there eyes up to them every morning, i would go insane without some time out from them at some point

Chelsea had her check up last monday and the nurse said everything was fine with her. Then again at the time she wasnt vomitting after each bottle. I have another visit this Tuesday so i will mention it and see what the go is.
    I try wrapping her up tight but she hates her hands covered and will wriggle and wriggle to get them free.

curlylocks11 Guest

hi, remember me? just popping in to read up on everyone, have been very busy as dh has been sick, but he is a lot better now.. off to a 2 yr old bday party now

Hey Alison hope DH stays better

Kim: Hope they can help you out on Tuesday and my first son Luke couldnt stand his hands wrapped, i could never wrap him he would always get them back out!

Yeah thats what I mean Belinda... didn't come out too right, Matilda would not have herself wrapped & did everything she could to not be wrapped. Just trying to come up with some answers Not that there always is one....

We have poor Jovie for the past few days drawing her legs up & straining big time, her face is going purple & she is pushing away... nothing coming out

KIMBAZ have you ever been shown how to wrap chelsea with her hands up near her face??? some babies prefer to have their hands up rather thandown by thier sides. either get the nurse at your next visit to show you or let me know and i will try and explain it in here for you if you like!!! that way you get the benefit of wrapping without the hand 'frustration'

-went to DH parents for the night 3 1/2hrs away, poor sophie threw up on DH 14yr old cousin i reckon two feeds worth of milk, i have never ever seem sooooooo much vomit in my life, all over her the leather lounge the floor, her, the kitchen bench every where...

christy i hope jovie pushes something out soon some big farts perhaps.

not long til christmas

No ive not ever been shown. I will ask on Tuesday if they can show me. if not ill post and get u to explain it!!

Oh poor Sophie, is she ok??

Hows Jovie going Christy....poor lil thing..

Hi guys,

Just popped in to see how everyone's going. We're also having the same "wrapping" problems with Ella. Nothing keeps those little hands in. If she's not asleep she's fighting with the wrap!

We've been busy with xmas parties. Ella came home crying & screaming from the last one because it was too close to her "big sleep" time and she wasnt being wound down for the sleep. Instead she had 4 year olds running around her playing and wanting to touch her.

Christy - Ouch to the internal! Hope all of that clears up for you.

Ella's been chugging along. Growing longer and longer each day. She's as long as the older 2month old babies at mothers group. She's hopeless at daytime sleeps and will cat nap 15-30mins at a time then cries.... hopefully this settles.

Ann

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast