Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #2

MeridithD- Ella is a fast feeder. She's usually only on for 5mins either side. Including a nappy change i'm usually back in bed in 30mins. With only 2 feeds a night its not really a problem.

But last night she was up every 3 hours so i was exhausted this morning. I would have tried to get her to sleep in if i didn't have mothers group this morning. She did have a long snooze this afternoon so i caught a few zzzz's too.

Cant wait till Andrew's off work to help out with the nightly feeds.

Ann

Christy: Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch with it all at the moment, i hope the new year brings you some nice sleep and your stitches drama is all fixed up

And i think i am mixing you and Kathryn up again, i swore your Mum was in hospital but was just reading threads from Kathryn that her mum is, so sorry if i was posting to you about your Mum that might not be in hospital at all lol, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh i am so confused, kirsty and kate confuse me too, but dont worry i call Cooper, Mason Cooper because i never ever get his name right! Maybe one day it will all just click and i will have some of my intelligence back!

LOL Belinda everyone in my house is Matilda atm... I think I even called DH Matilda this morning... I can't wait to get my brain back... I keep saying by 2020 I should be able to think again (remember that by Christmas we would be having our babies?? LOL)

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a good one, and happy and safe 2007!

As of tomorrow i will be in NSW until 1st January so i wont be online during that time, i am going to have a lot of reading to catch up on things when i return!!!

Chelsea is slowly getting into a feed pattern now. Day time she barely lasts the 4 hours in between feeds but of a night they are 5-6 hours apart, which means im getting the housework and the like done then, but going to be bed late still...... therefore still no more refreshed of a morning as im not sleeping!!!

Christy-I hope you feel better soon, your having a bit of a rough trot.

Belinda-I keep calling Chelsea our cats name (either blossom on minka)

Luua-Wow Ella is a fast feeder.....on a good day/night i can be up, nappy change, feed and burp in 35-40 mins....thats if she dont want to play and carry on with her hissy fits of head shaking and trying to eat her hands and suck bottle at same time

Meredith-Logan sounds like he is growing very welll!!

Vicky-Aston sounds like a cutie (looks it too). Hopefully in the new year things will calm down and u will got more then 2 mins to yourself. Im looking forward to DH being on holidays so he can take Chels and see 'a day in the life of mummy' and just what i go through all day. Only thing he hates doing is feeding her because she takes to long and he things its to time comsuming to him!!

AJP-Hows Sophie going.... still sleeping and getting your 10 hrs a night!??

Now ive said enough for the day.. i best go... Chelsea is asleep and the bags need to be packed and house to be cleaned!!

Have a good day ladies

Gosh where does the time go in the day now a days. 4 weeks ago, I was sooooo bored, and now - well blink and the time has gone from 8am to 10.30 in what seems minutes!

Aston has had a very snuffly nose, and not been very happy. Got some Fess from the chemist, and it worked a treat. Other then me feeling very stressed putting these drops in his little nose, and trying to hold him in the same position for a min or two, it was very successful. At the time though he wasn't very happy about it!

I think I got my first "Real" smile this morning. It was in response to my voice, and then again when he saw my face. It was different to those "practice" ones. Made my day... I think daddy is a bit jealous though lol.

Well done Meredith with the feeding! I swear I put Aston down to sleep and pick him again and he has developed a new dimple some where on his body - lol. I love chubby babies. both my other two were great feeders too, so its nice to know that I can do some thing well. L & N love their baby brother to bits, and are both great helpers. Nathan gets very emotional when he is cuddling his brother, I think he is overwhelmed with the way he feels about him. Its lovely. Good on you with going with what feels right too Meredith. Lots of people are going to offer you advice - unsolicited and otherwise. I remember when I was a first time mum that I took what worked for me, and discarded the rest. My ex MIL was the worst though! In the end I had to explain to her that things had changed dramatically since the 30 years that she had had kids, and I backed it up by saying "research has shown...." that usually shut her up. lol. I reckon the first 6weeks are the worst. You and bub are adjusting to each other, and the whole sleep thing just about send you around the bend! The suddenly you start to fall into some sort of rythm, and before you know it you are 5 months down the track wondering where it went to!

Kim - I bet you are looking forward to having DH around. It will give him a whole new appreciation for just how demanding these little bundles of love can be. I hope you can get some "me" time, and go and do something that is all about you!

LOL Christy to everyone being Matilda at the moment. I keep calling Aston Nathan, and even called DH Nathan and Laura. My brain is not functioning yet....brain cells are leaving my body via my breast milk I'm sure. I wonder if that will mean Aston will be super intelligent lol

Hope everyone else has had reasonalbe nights. Can you believe that it is 3 days til Christmas!!!!

WOW ONLY 3 SLEEPS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!

Well i;m glad to see that everyone is doing well

CHRISTY i hope wee Jovie gets all her wind out this year and starts fresh for the new year!! sorry to hear your also having problems 'down there' lets hope the new year brings good things for both of us

VICKY DD had the snuffles as well a few weeks ago, the fees and extractor worked a treat i also foung that tummy time helped bring the boggers down as well, saves the distress of saline squirts!!

KIMBAZ enjoy your trip to NSW it's so nice to see that Chelsea is sleeping longer fot you

BELINDA hope you dont mix up your presents for the boys or put the wrong name on them!!!

LUAA boy Ella is a real power feeder!! i bet you'll love having Andrew home, such a special time of year, hope you enjoy it

sophie with the warmer weather seems to have gone from 1/2 feed to an hour!! still sleeping very well at night, on average down at 9pm then feeds at 6am then back to bed for another 3 hrs which has been fantastic, were going to NSW over new year staying in a caravan with inlaws so dont know how that will effect routine but we'll see.
    i took the first big stpe on Wednesday when i rang my MCHN ans asked for help as i think i may have PND, it was hard but she was fantstic with her advise and organised info for my to read through and boy things make sooo much sense now,\ with what i was feeling, still feel like i dont have the right to complain though, i have a fantasic baby and husband, i guess it strikes so ramdonly, so seeing dr on wednesday and will go from there. the night i sopke to MCHN was the first night i wasnt moody with DH, such a weight lifted off my shoulders.
    well enough rambling from me hope you all have a fantastic christmas with your loved ones and that the new year brings all that you wish for!!!

AJP- Sorry to hear about the possible PND. But well done for taking the first big step of admitting you may have it. That always seems to be the hardest. I have 3 sisters and 2 (who happen to be identical twins)suffered badly of PND, but once they received the help they each needed it made a huge difference. You are lucky to have an understanding husband, it makes a huge difference. My think having understanding husbands was what helped my sisters also and having a close extended family. Good luck, and dont be afraid to talk about it as it will help.

Christy- My heart goes out to you with all the problems you and Jovie have been facing over the last few weeks. Hopefully all will be good soon. LOL at getting your brain back by 2020.

I hope everyone else is having a good spell being so close to xmas and all.

Baylee slept from 9.30pm-6.30am fed and went back to sleep til his ratbag brother woke him at 7.45am. Im sure he would have slept longer. He didnt sleep as much during the day as we were out and he was being passed from one person to the next and his reflux was bothering him a bit, so Im not sure if that was why he slept so long last night. Hope not coz it was wonderful, but OMG my boobs felt like they were going to explode this morning.

Well have a great day ladies, only 3 more sleeps YAY!!!

Hi AJP

Firstly well done on asking for help. That's the first step to being ok. I wish I had taken it alot earlier then I did. With my son Nathan, I was in denial for 8 months. I kept telling myself that "when this happened, or when this was over, things will improve" trouble was the thing would happen, or finish and nothing got better, and I just got worse. When I finally got help something that I did do was write down all the things that I think had contributed to my state of mind - other then the hormones of course, and identified the things I could do something about, the ones I couldn't and applied that well known prayer - you know the one... god grant me the strength to change the things I can, accept the things I cant and the wisdom to know the difference...or something like that.

The biggest difference I have found from when I had Nat 8 years ago to now, is that there is a lot more help out there. Even when I was pregnant this time around I was amazed at the questions I was asked when I went to my first antenatal visit, the whole screening test that is done now didn't happen 8 years ago. That in itself put my mind at ease, because getting PND again is something I am very conscious of, especially as I have a predisposition for it (I have also been treated for PTSD and Acute anxiety disorder - which both are all good at the moment)

Anyway AJP I just wanted you know that your not alone, and that "talking" helps heaps. Don't try to be superwoman, you are only human, and take one day at a time. and sometimes you just have to take one minute at a time.

thanks vicky, it's amazing although i have spoken to DH in recent weeks regarding my feelings i think to a degree we both though 'it' would pass. what made me really realise that maybe i did need dome help was on wed night i caught DH checking out my posts on BB looking for 'something' that would explain things because he realised that i did need help, now that is something he would NEVER EVER do, he doesnt snoop, so after talking to him again (after i had torn strips off him) in bed that night, id ecided that the best thing to do was to ask for help, thats when i rang my MCHN the next day, i had a good cry to her and she organised some more info inwhich i collected the next day.
    what amazes me is that since then i honestly feel sooo much better already, i havent flown off the handle at DH for no reason, my mood is already better, all from just telling someone, i hate that i left it this long, but like you said i have made the first step and will speak to my DR next week. I just need to talk to someone to get my feeling out. i love that prayer it so true, my other quote is dont worry about things you cant control, i apply this to everyday life and it helps alot
    thanks for your sharing your experience and wish you all the best for a very merry christmas.
    PS have you really been feeding Aston for 6 months!!!!! amazing wonder women ..lol

you beat me!!!! you obvisously noticed as well, 3 weeks sounds much better

Opps I typed a post earlier & deleted it! URgh...

AJP with Matilda I had PND pretty badly & it was DH who picked it up. I too kept having reasons for feeling the way I did. And everyone agreed with me! Matilda had reflux, screamed 6-8 hours a day, fed every 2 hours for a minimum of 45 minutes... it was awful and I kept up a good face until I finally realised it was too much for me. And that was at 5 months... so good for you! Like Vicki said, try not to be super woman... there is no super woman, all babies do not sleep, and all do not feed regularly Most of them cry and scream for some time during each day. It does not make you a bad mother. And if you do a load of washing in the day, you have done an amazing job!!

what i'm having trouble dealing with is the fact that i feel i have obsolutly nothing to complain about, DD sleeps through- 8-9 hrs every night and has been for 3 weeks, feeds well, doesnt cry except when hungry so there fore nothing to feel bad about...........i read what others, like yourself christy, are going through and thats when i think i have no right to feel depressed. i seem, so far, to have it pretty easy compared to others and feel guilty for even posting about it. alto of the issues i have is the lack of a good relationship that i have with my mum and my hugh fear that i wont have the bond that i desperatly want with my DD. mum didnt have a good relationship with her mum and so the cycle contineud with me, she has a great relaionship with my sister though she hasnt got a life and i am extremely happy with where i am in mine, it hurts that i constantly feel left out. i am the black sheep in my family but get along extremely well with my MIL which helps. hopefully with some help in the new year dealing with things and getting my 'down stairs' sorted out as well, things will get better.
    t
    hanks again guys must go, my boobs are in demand..

AJP - all sorts of things can trigger PND, not just an unsettled baby. For me it was just having a child that was male! I didn't know what to do with this small male creature, and hadn't had any point of reference. The delay of not dealing with things from my own childhood brought the depression rushing to the forefront. I probably had PND with my daughter as well, but no where as bad. and then when I had another child, and the things that had popped out in the previous two year half years before having Nathan, that I just kept pushing down, became more and more persistent. When you become a parent youself, a pandora's box opens, were things that you have put away from your own childhood, relationships with your own parents etc etc, become very very apparent. Well this was the case with me. Its different for everyone of course, but based on what you have said, I felt some connection to it.

The other saying that I live by is that the only moment you have any control over is the one you are in right now. I used to live so much in the future that the present passed me by all the time. I was so busy forecasting that I forgot how to live in the moment. Not any more.

I'm glad you are going to the Doctor, and see if you can get to see a counsellor of some sort. Your right, talking it out is such a relief. Getting it out of your head is like relieving a pressure valve.

Take care and thinking of you.

oh Vicki its funny you should mention that, but I had to grieve having a girl the first time. I really wanted a boy, of course I loved Matilda instantly... but I still had to grieve the little boy I didn't have. Thats why we found out the gender this time, to give me an opportunity to grieve again if needed (and it was...).

I'm amazed at the moment that I'm holding together... I've definatley had my moments this past week, even today... but compared to PND I'm going great mentally.

Christy - do you find that because you have experienced it before that you are hypersensitive to all the "signs"? I know I am. When I got home from hospital, the first day I was by myself I was running around in the morning, and was shaking and basically feeling exactly like I do when I have an anxiety attack - so of course I'm thinking oh no not again... but because I had Gestational Diabetes that takes a little while to settle after birth, so once I sat down to have some breakfast at 9.30am, and things settled down, it suddenly dawned on my that I was having a hypo NOT an anxiety attack. Which was confirmed again that afternoon when exactly the same thing happened. So I was both relieved and freaked out - if that makes sense...lol. Thankfully since then it hasn't happened againg because I have been more careful and are eating like I did when I was testing my blood sugar levels, and having small but often meals.

I don't feel anything like I did when I had Nathan, I'm much calmer - a little moody, but nothing like what I experienced before. I think though because I have experienced major mental illness I'm very concious of not letting things get out of hand. Aston is a great baby, very placid and easy going. thank god for small merices. I feel better emotionally and mentally now then when I was pregnant. Even so I still take each day as it comes. I am a lot less harder on myself this time round, and like you said to AJP, if I get a load of washing done in the day and thats all then its fantastic, and I don't beat myself up about it.

raving a bit here, think I'm tired...lol. Sleep....mmmmm wouldn't that be lovely...lol

Definately hypersensitive to the signs... thats for sure. I am more calm this time around so that is great, last time I had IL's & my mum sitting around asking "Whats wrong with her?" because Matilda screamed a lot... it was so stressful. LOL at sleep... I hope you got some.

Well I'm crook atm. I thought it was allergies or something but it turned into a full on head cold yesterday arvo...so I probably will be sleeping alot today.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas! And that Santa blesses you all with sleep

Hi Ladies,
    Merry Christmas
    I hope you all have a lovely day spent with loved ones and that Santa was generous to those of you who were good this year.:P
    Love and best wishes to you all.

Well I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday. We did.

I dont know if its because Im tired, but Im feeling very teary today. I have been feeling myself getting snappy towards DH, but I have been convincing myself that its him who is cranky, until today when I lost it over lint being on my fav skirt after he did the washing. I burst into tears, I dont know why I got so upset considering it was only lint, and now I feel terrible because he feels terrible. He hates it when Im sad.

I think I've been running on adrenilin for the last 7wks, considering I've not been going to bed most nights til 11pm or could this be 7 wks of pent up baby blues?
    Anyway Im feeling a little better now, not so teary but just 'flat'.IYKWIM. Maybe I just needed to get it out.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast