Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #24

Ajp, sorry to hear the news..good to hear that u get a chance to say goodbye though.

Kim, u poor thing so much pressure on u to get the bub out isnt there! its a shame ur MIL has to go tomorrow...

Ann, hope its only teeth thats causing the high tempt...damn teeth!!!

Kate, welcome..when my DD was born she got stuck at the shoulders, which ended in her nerves getting damaged (brachial plexus palsy) and we thought that it was going to hold her back but she started crawling at 8 months and started walking at 10 months... so she suprised us!!!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Welcome Kate and hello again MMack, i think we were in the same "when are you due group" at one stage, cos i was meant to have a late October bub, who ended up arriving middle of Nov!

Kate, the things you are describing your bub as doing, that's what my bilby did a few months ago, but every bub is different. I thought my bub was slow cos she seemed to hate tummy time. My bub is standing up, hanging onto legs, tables, the playpen, and standing unassisted only for a few seconds at a time. She took her sweet time to crawl, then i realised, we were not providing her with floor space TO crawl (live in a tiny unit), so once i took her to community centres where there was a big expanse of floor, her crawling suddenly started happening.

My stepDD was born with celebral palsy, so we have been watching bilby like a hawk.

i heard of a baby who is walking at seven months old! (But she has a toddler sibling to copy).

At mum's groups, i am forever hearing the "every baby is individual" thing, so bilbs will be one in three weeks ish, and if she's not walking by then, i'm not fussed.

So Kate, it sounds like your bub could be average for some bubs, and a little behind compared to others. I used to compare our bub with her two month older cousin in Melb alot, she seemed to do everything early! but now i can see, it's swings and roundabouts. Some things she's early on, other things she's late at doing. So, i know "who am i to say anything", but nothing you say rings alarm bells to me (about your DD). So what if other kids her age are doing cartwheels, it all evens out in time, and if it doesn't, i'm sure you would take her to physios etc, for help.

We had a traumatic delivery too, the kind of thing that years ago, both of us would have died of (Bandl's Ring - when your uterine muscles act like a boa constrictor, strangling the baby).

Taralee, i hear you on the teething front, we're going thru the bonjella tonight. i actually SAW the two front middle teeth IN HER GUM tonight, only descended a few mm, but i could see the teeth, just about to come down. AMazing.

35 degrees here today, bilbs was not very interested in drinking and had the same nappy on for six hours, we kept checking and it was still dry.

AJP, sorry to hear about your nana-in=law.

Kim, bubs rarely arrive on their due date so i'm told, but sorry your MIL has to leave soon.

hi all.. i'm about...have been reading but just don't have much to say at the moment. are feeling so horrid that I'm better of not saying anything at all.

I dreamt last night Kim that you had your baby - the dream woke me up... it was about 3.00am and you had a girl...lol Haven't heard from you...so I wonder....

Quote Originally Posted by mmack View Post
    They sound very similar.

Has your DD been evaluated by a physio? It was very helpful and encouraging to us, as the physio was able to tell us that all of her movements looked correct and normal, it was just that she was slower in attaining her milestones.

She sees the physio every 2 months just for a check but we have been told that she should catch up and be fine, she might be clumsy later but as long as she is improving the outlook is very good..

I would also like some support from someone in the same situation, it is disheartening to see/hear about everyone else's 1 year old walking and cruising all the time when Kirsten isn't!!

Marion

x
    Thanks all for your replies.

Yep, she is seeing the physio which has helped heaps. She is also doing water activities, which she loves. I think she is doing great. I don't like ascribing to the list of milestones but all these other babies seem to be a few steps ahead.

The physio came up with even simple things like when carrying her, have her facing outwards bc she will be working her tummy muscles more than if she is facing intowards me.

She gets lots of time on the floor, with a mirror that she rolls over to and toys spread so that she moves around to get them.

Considering we didnt think she would survive being taken off life support, and then they said she wouldn't feed and she did by bottle two days later, she has smashed all the early predictions. It would be nice to have a chrystal ball though.

Kate

Kate, hugs to you and all you've been through. Great to hear that things are working for you, I guess too that doing water activities and such are things she can keep doing as she grows up which is a great habit to get into! especially in this obese day and age!

DUH KIM! Didnt you know you could just snap your fingers..thats right up there with eating curry and DTD, i thought you would've snapped 'em weeks ago. My OBGYN was a huge believer in the snap ROFLMAO
    Oh at least i amused myself!

Can u snap your fingers for me then Tara....mine musnt be snapping the right way

Oh i so wish your dream was true Vicky and my baby was here.....but i dont have anything other then a stomach that surely cant get any bigger???!!

Chelsea slept all night again..woohoo.....*please keep it happening for when bub arrives*.

MIL leaves today....she had Chels up at 630 playing...was so cute...and so sad when Craig left to take her to FDC......MIL even tried changin flights but nothing until Friday.....and my olds arrive tomrw (chop chop M2) and she didnt wanna spoil their time with us.

Sounds like you've got some great support there Kim. Am snapping madly for you Of course, if the baby's born today I want full credit

LOL...all credit will be coming your way for sure!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KIM - 18th October - 3.13am - 8lb 6oz /3.8kg - 52cm -head circ wrong date

JOLS - Girl - 19th October - 5.45am - 8lb 1oz /3.65kg - 50cm - head circ 35cm wrong date

NELLY - Boy - 18th October - 8.47am - 8lb 5oz /3.77kg - 54.5cm - head circ wrong date

BLANCHE Girl - 23rd October - 6.50pm - 7lbs 3oz /3.26kg - 52cms - head circ

ANN - Girl - 20th October - 5am - 7lb 12oz /3.5kg - 50cm - head circ wrong date

VICKY - Boy - 20th October- 4.58pm - 7lb2oz - 3.23kg - 51cm - head circ wrong date

CHRISTY -Girl - 17th October - 3pm - 7lb 15oz /3.60kg - 50cm - head circ 34cm wrong date!!

TARA - Girl - 16th October - 3.47am - 7lbs 8oz / 3.40kg - 53cm - head circ 36cm wrong date!!

Dont worry Kim bub will be here on the 23rd October - 6.50pm - 7lbs 3oz /3.26kg - 52cms.....hehe if only i was right !!!

I can see Emelia's other top tooth coming so that will make it 6, no wonder i havent been getting no sleep we went from 2 teeth to 5 (almost 6) in 4 weeks...

Oh gee....im glad none of us enter guessing competitions :P

Im counting on your guess Blanche so ya better be right! Wow...go the teeth. We have 6 but i have a feeling some more are coming thru....lotsa drool and finger biting atm!

KIM whats going on!!! no action yet????? get out baby!!!!!

wow on the teeth we still have 3!! sophies 1 next thursday!!! aarrrhhhhhh scary!!
    shes currently been asleep for wait for it.......

2 hours!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we never sleep that long in the morning!!

Sorry jols...i am working on gettin the tike out!! Wow....2 hours sleep!

Chels had a 2 hour 30 nap yesterday! We never have that either!!

WOW at all the sleep.... I won't dispair here... just silently while I lay on the ground trying to tire Jovie out.

I got some time today!! Hip hip hooray! I finished all my work yesterday that I am supposed to do today & they cancelled the meeting that I was going to go in for so both girls are in care & I went to spotlight. I have to get the car in for new tyres in an hour, but at least I get to do this all by myself

Kim I'm feeling for you. when I had Matilda, my mum came out from the US and came hour 2 weeks prior to my EDD, then Matilda went 17 days over and my mum had to change her tickets otherwise she would have missed being here for the birth of her first grandchild.

Kate - sounds like she (and you) are doing amazingly well!

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat, or pop into our October thread..I feel like I am intruding a bit in this one

Gigi - sounds like you and bilby are doing wonderfully despite your difficult start!!

Marion

x

awww Marion you are so not intruding its all good.

no! not intruding at all Marion! please dont feel like that

Grrr at evie's top teeth! they look soooooo painful and i keep thinking if i rub that top gum hard enough they will just pop through..thats how close they are!
    well, she decided she didnt want me to rock her to sleep tonight. 'you can just stand next to the cot and hum to me thanks mum'. i'm really glad she pretty much went off on her own after a cuddle but i'm feelin a little dejected ;(
    j/k

Aww thanks, you are a lovely friendly bunch in here

Marion

x

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast