Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #27

whoa nelly! (sorry it was too easy) you were so stretched. Mind you i was HUGE too. http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...belly_prog.jpg

AJP - you were tiny! lucky you - no stretch marks i'm sure. Did you end up going to the first birthday party?

Tara - enjoy those midnight cuddles.

Gigi - on the sleeping bags we use zippers but i think big buttons would work just as well joined at the shoulders.

Ann

Great. Now i really am the worst mum in the world. Evie got so sunburnt today. oh i dont want to talk about it. but i'm worse so thats my come uppance

Ohhh all your bellies are beautiful. i didnt take any pics of my belly... i wish i did now! actually i do have one from early one but i cant upload them onto bellybelly gallery.
    i was similar to you Jols, must be us winos

Poor Evie....Tara..dont be hard on yourself

Blanche..hooooooooooooooooow did u reduce Emelia's bottles to only 2 a day (i seen ur reply in my post). There is nooooo way Chelsea is looking to give up any of her 4 bottles a day.

Love the belly shots....i never took any either pregnancy....i never liked my belly so no way i was taking pics of flab!

Tara, ur not the worst mum in the world, things like that are going to happen!

Kim, i try fill Emelia up with food first, she will have her breaky then some fruit and then will just be happy enough to go play for a while then before she goes down for a sleep she will have her bottle, then usually when she wakes its time for lunch so she fills up on lunch and then just snakcs inbetween then and dinner time then has dinner and then bottle a while after. she has her water bottle throughout the whole day too! she isnt getting excited over her bottles anymore i think she will probably drop her morning one soon too.

all u can do is go by Chelsea if she isnt ready to give any up, dont think there much u can do! she probably thinks if Jasmine is getting them she should too heehee

Hmm Chelsea isnt a big eater so trying to fill her up on food wont work for us..bummer!! She winges for her bottles....so pretty much demands them 4 hrs on the dot unless she is asleep.

Emelia is a little piggy!! it will be interesting to see what she weighs this friday!! Chels will drop them once shes ready i guess, so hard to know hey!

I just put a pic of my belly now on Emelias site, i think i just look fat! my stretch marks are so ugly

Def bubby belly forming

I only got a few new stretchies from Jas...got heaps with Chelsea but they werent real purple...so dont stand out much...but i had a heap of old ones from growing up....

I hate stretchies...but worth it for our kids!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Love the belly shots! Gee Nelly, it's amazing how you seemed to JUST get big in the belly, nowhere else. Yes, you did have a tiny pregnancy AJP, i wouldn't have guessed you were full term either!

if i could add an attachment from my desktop i would add a belly shot too, i'm too lazy to put one on photobucket or flickr.

i didn't get stretchie from pregnancy. But have plenty already from 20 years of my weight yo-yoing up and down (like a . . . . ). But i am getting stretch marks from breastfeeding the last year - purple marks in my cleavage - i put that down to not wearing underwire bras anymore. But i'm amazed no stretchmarks on tum - i did rub in Bio Oil when pregnant, more to make myself feel relaxed, rather than believing it would really prevent stretch marks.

Taralee - got any aloe vera hon? that's great (the sap) to cool sunburn. And keep drinking heaps of H2o. About the stab mixer - the reason i thought i should get a foodprocessor/blender - i was worried if i got a designated blender/stabmix - that that would only be useful for a certain period of time, and then i might want a food processor in a few months time (for the next stage of baby eating) and then that would be TWO items. Does that make sense?

Bilby is really too old for pureed food, but she keeps choking on the fruit i mash up with a fork, so i keep thinking i should be pureeing it for her. confused.

TRIED to take xmas photos tonight. Put her in red top, green nappy, on a red blanket, and then a pale green sheet. with bilbies, kangaroos, wombats, echidnas (but mainly bilbies!!!) God it was hard to get a shot with her NOT crawling, the FRONT of her head!!! she is always moving now!! and wants to be clinging onto one of us. got a bit cranky with dh over that. Plus our crappy camera has such a long time delay, you can SEE a great shot, by the time it takes it, she's turned around, so lots of back of head shots!!!

Did my fabric dyeing workshop today, I WAS FOUR HOURS AWAY FROM BILBY!!!!! first time ever!!!!!! Learnt heaps and dyed heaps of clothes for us all, playcloths for bilby (Steiner play idea), some boring nappies (they're not boring now!!!) and met some lovely people. It was presented so clearly and straightforward, i think it's something i could do at home myself. I couldn't get my head around the Procion Dyeing (too hard) and the RIT/DYLON stuff if easy but doesn't last, so i'm glad to find a good one. I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to rinse the stuff out and wash it in the machine, i'm dying to see how it all turned out!!! It's like waiting for Xmas ha ha! i'm excited!

it was so lovely today, being under a big verandah, shaded by grapevines, ten buckets of dye, all of us having a lovely time dyeing rainbows. I think there MUST be something in colour therapy, these strong vibrant colours really do lift my spirits.

i was very lucky, no stretch marks on tummy , but heaps on boobs!! went from barely a B cup to D-DD :shocked:, but now were back to saggy B cup, there not pretty!!!
    i think all pregnant women are beautiful!!!

TARA bummer about the sunburn are you both ok today??
    im pasty white, have peaches and cream complexsion, i slap the sunscreen on, so poor sophie also get lathered in the stuff, likes to lick my fingers when im putting it on her face!! it cant tste good

we are both pasty white too and i dont know what happened. i went to put sunscreen on her and then thought we were getting back in the car so i didnt want her to be all sticky and bothered so i didnt, then it just totally slipped my mind i've always been bad at putting on sunscreen, i just have to make that extra effort tho
    slept 7.5 hours last night then wouldnt go back to sleep after 2

all this talk of pregnant bellies!! I guess I should get my act together and share mine... I'll put a picture on facebook. find it easier to upload to there for some reason.

definately something in colour therapy Gigi. keep doing it!

put the big stick away tara - you are way tooooo hard on yourself girl!

Christy and Nelly - still up for tomorrow?? bloody rain had better stay away I tell you!

Kim - how those beautiful girls of yours?

Blanche - I will have to go check out your belly now...and everyone elses that has dared to show lol. I felt I was the biggest with aston - but he wasnt any bigger then the other two. Think it was just becasue my body had done it all before...

as for boobs - each time I have had a child they have gotten bigger much to my dismay. I would love to have my size b pert boobs back...but alas those days have gone - i'd a dd for good now I think how women have breast enlargements is beyond me. I hate having big boobs!

off to a birthday party today - the sun is shining and its a pool party so it should be lovely.
    have a good day girls x

please dont beat yourself up tara, these things happen!!

7.5 hrs is great!! but the non sleep after 2am isnt

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Taralee, sunscreen IS one extra thing to keep remembering, and it only lasts for a few hours, so it's a constant thing. With all the distractions you have with a little bub, sometimes i feel like it's success JUST to still
    1. be awake
    2. attend to bub's needs
    3. be functioning enough to drive
    4. actually have my purse and keys with me
    you know, stuff you take for granted, pre-baby! Sleep deprivation has alot to answer for - and you sure qualify for that hon!

So as much as you are all ouchies today, remember, nobody (especially a sleep deprived mum) is perfect.

There was a anti skin cancer stall at our nearby big Westfield (I can never get to their two shops in our city), and i noticed there is face moisturiser with SPF30 and body moisturiser with SPF30 so i thought i might get some of that - two birds with one stone etc, then i thought it might make good xmas pressies too (for some people i know that already have everything they could possibly want or need). Moisturiser and sunscreen feel like luxuries right now, well the time to put them on! Inbetween a crying bilby and me rushing to get dressed/showered in two secs flat (or so it seems).

I am also Casper the Ghost white, with freckles, cos my family had alot of red hair in the genes, so expect bilby to be fair. i got her organic baby sunscreen. Even when i was a teenager, we never had sunscreen in the house as a family item, my parents viewed it as a luxury, so we didn't have it. The fashion when i was a teen was to lie on the beach FOR HOURS on the weekend, to get burnt ON PURPOSE, then peel, we thought, the red will turn brown and we'll be tanned!!! and write your boyfriend's initials in Reef Oil on your back!!! Yes i was an idiot!!! All my friends did it and i went along with it. (They were not fair with freckles!!!). That was seen as normal back in the 1980's. no pain, no gain etc.

What material is on your baby seat in the car Tara? I have noticed bilbs being so sweaty, and the baby seat is covered in VELOUR, so i'm trying to work out a COTTON solution for her, cos that fibre breathes better. I suspect the air cond doesn't get much to her, cos the bucket seats block it from reaching her. I find it hard to work out how much of the sunscreen stays on, if you sweat it off, cos bilby gets hot so quickly. And babies seem to dislike having it put on them, which DOES NOT encourage me to want to do it regluarly!!! (I know i should, and i try, but it's not easy!!!).

i started pregancy a C cup, was a DD cup BY TWO MONTHS!!! (even though the rest of me didn't look very pregnant), spent the whole pregnancy a DD, and just got fitted for a C last week, but it gave me a cleavage line (which i don't like), so for the sake of "separation", i bought a D. Nice to have something that fits, i have been flopping about in the wrong size, cos i kept thinking, "i must be milk empty right now and that's why the fit isn't great". Interesting experiences, trying on bras and getting fitted, with a one year in tow!!! Lucky i was in a big shop when it was quiet and the assistant was really helpful. I still have the itchies though, ever since pregnant, no lace for me (was hoping to get ONE slightly ooh la la bra, for dh's viewing pleasure ha ha!!! (along with the workhorse one).

Blanchie,
    I said pet, i said love
    i said pet, i said love
    you are growing a new life
    you DO look pregnant!!!!
    i really think the stretchies are a lucky dip thing,
    do you rub BIO OIL into them?
    Lots of things bug you when you're pregnant, feeling hormonal plus i think being pregnant IS a big deal
    I guess i never wore a bikini in my whole life, so no-one ever sees my belly in public ANYWAY, so maybe it didn't bug me as much as others.
    Last edited by Gigi; November 19th, 2007 at 08:00 AM. Reason: went to look at Blanchie's belly shot

Ive always had big boobs..but now they are just yuck!

Lovely hot weather today... have sent Chelsea to care in short shorts and a cool top...poor bugger cried today....think separation anxiety is hitting her.

Vicky my 2 girls are going great. Jasmine had a 'Im not sleeping today' yesterday...so from 11am until 11pm she was wide eyed. But then slept until 6am. Back to sleep now. So 7 hours over night was great. She has worked out day and night now....most nights we get a good 7-8 hours sleep! Chelsea has been sleeping well too, not waking any more.

Great for tomorrow!!!

Gigi sounds wonderful doing the dying course... I would love to know more about fabrics and all things nappy.

Tara... we've all been sunburnt in this house but me. I have olive complexion and I tan.... so I often don't think about sunscreen. Jovie got rosey cheeks once & I felt sooo bad. I generally try to make it part of our getting dressed routine to put sunscreen on but I often forget to reapply.

Gigi..LOL, i got them with Emelia and they never went away , i really need to get that bio oil have heard its great! but with baby and placenta brain i always forget to look when im at the shops!

Emelia is still asleep she went to bed at 9pm and its 8.10am here atm! but as usual we have to go out so i will have to wake her soon..bummer! going to pick her cake tin up today so going to do a trial cake today!!!

sooo how was everyones day today???

mine?? well i had mothersgroup at my house today,very hot day so thank goodness for evap cooling!!! been on since 8.30 this morning!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast