Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #27

Ann, Evies a world champ climber, moving books or anything she can find to climb higher...even a sleeping mummy. just do it when you're around and if you teach her safe ways of getting up and down she should be fine. always get down backwards, then she'll never fall down stairs (in theory).
    BTW I added one of the only photos of a pregnant me to my facebook page, i was about 4.5 months. we were visiting our being-built house...oh how i miss that house

Last edited by taralee; November 21st, 2007 at 09:37 PM.

I just got a weekly email that i've subscribed to and it actually had a section on climbing
    Ann;
    Climb every cushion

Even as your baby learns to walk, she'll set her sights on climbing. You'll spend lots of extra minutes getting up your front steps and into the house because she'll want to scale the stairs all by herself - not once, not twice, but until you call off the ascent.

Skills developed: gross motor
    What you'll need: lots of pillows and cushions.

Pile up a high stack of pillows for a safe, fun climbing activity. Use the largest, most stable pillows, such as sofa cushions and bed pillows, on the bottom, then add chair cushions, scatter cushions, and so on. Holding your baby steady, help her climb up the mountain of pillows and stand triumphantly on top. If you have a lot of rectangular pillows, you can use them to create more of a stair-step structure, but you'll need to hold your baby's hand to make sure she doesn't step off the top tier into thin air.

Safety note: never leave a baby alone with her pillow mountain; this activity should be supervised constantly. And move any furniture with sharp corners, so there's nothing for her to bang against if she falls.

HTH
    xx

LOL that's great. What a co-incidence eh?

Will try that tomorrow.

Ann

sophies learnt to climb onto the sofa!! scary!!!

Very scary.... I think thats how the egg on Jovie's head happened. She's doing the step up as well. We lay a mattress on the ground and get her to climb up & down... we may pile some pillows up as well now

Matilda climbs like there is no tomorrow so I'm not interested in teaching her too much yet Matilda climbs 6 foot fences & the side of the house...

Okay well had a good night but very very early morning, and today is my big run morning. Have to get the lunches to the high school, and Matilda ready for Montessori...I have to cook dinner in the slow cooker early because I have to rush around in the arvo getting ready for work so Thursday morning is crazy! I've done the lunches for the school & Matilda's lunch, still have to get everyone dressed & Jovie's just done a big poo....LOL YAY!

Ok who the hell replaced my baby with a toad? Please tell me theres something in Wonder Weeks cos i am going insane!!
    Not too bad a night tho, bed at 7 woke at 10, 1 and 5. since i wasnt in bed at 10 i dont count that as having to get up

it is typical from the wonder weeks book, that they dont sleep as well, dont go down as easily, wake more often ummmm cant think of the rest, i have lent my book to a friend!!!

Thats it Jols... perfect baby goes out of sorts for a few weeks

Feeling blah here...

Chelsea is good, sleeping well...taking more steps but no walking.

Ill be back when im human again..who knows when.

hope you feel better soon kim!! we'll have to catch up soon!!!
    sophie is walking everywhere, barley crawling now!!!!!!

all these walking babies. I wonder why Ella's not interested.

Ann

**** im having a **** arvo, i really need someone to talk too dh cant talk due to work and im going insane

what's up? do you want to email me? Iet me know and i'll send you my email address

Ann

Must be the day, im having a blah day here, went to the shops to finish getting all Emelias presents and i swear everyone in the shops was p!$$ing me off!!

I will have to take a pic of my ring once it gets back from getting resized tomorrow, cant wait i can finally wear it forever!!!

We must all be a bit blah atm... its hopefully the time of year? Or maybe just exhaustion after the last year...

Same here. DH had I had a fight today, Evie's gone to bed with a 38degree temp.
    bleh bleh bleh

ok im bad!!
    huge thanks to Ann, vicky and tara!!! love you guys!! well i love all of you!!! i love our littl egroup!! we all care about each other!!!
    had a chat with vicky this arvo and had a beer which settled me down!!
    just had non sleeping screaming baby who missed her arvo nap, then proceeded to scream a bedtime!! arrhh the joys, but i know she was just overtired!!!
    who else is due for AF this weekend??? maybe its something to do woth that, or is it a full moon!?!?! who knows!!

What's going on??

Ella slept a total of 1.5hrs! she usually has 3! She is just fighting the zzz's.

We had her shots today. She went well and only cried/screamed at the one in her leg. Now we're just waiting for the fever... Our GP said Ella has to start moving in the next few months. So its tummy-time all the time.

Ann

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast