Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #28

Jols are you TTC in the new year? So are we! what if we get preggers together that would be a fluke.

Hands up anyone else?

Ann

Ann i think so!!! keep umming and arrhing, DH VERY keen, me, a little worried how i'll cope with TWO kids!! that and im stil on low dose AD's and would prefer to be off them but cant function properly with out them! its only 25mg so tiny really!! would be a fluke we could be belly buddies too!!
    and yes anyone else?? christy???, nelly??

tara? how about you? Vicky another little one?

Ann, it does sound like u have made the right decison, i bet Ella will love having u with her all the time now!!

Jols, i dont even know how im gonna cope with 2 kids!

Tara, atm Emelia is on Karicare toddler gold but im giving her 1 bottle a day of cows milk a day hopefully soon she will be only having CM, personally i cant wait cos i dont like the toddler formula, emelia doesnt seem to like it much either.

how cute Evie patting herself on the head, they are all getting so smart!!

Woo hoo WTG Chels!!! just before ur 1st birthday too!!!

Oh man id sooooo love to put my hand up...but the idea of 3 kids under 2 yrs....hmmm

As for how you'd cope with 2 kids.....if i can do it (and im a mental case) then any one can!!

Jols i dont like the idea of cows milk hence why i dont wanna give it...nor do i want Chels to like it....but i know deep down she needs it. *sigh*

Good move Ann on leaving work...i think u need to do wats best for urself and ur family!

hi all am lurking....

yep ttc from xmas on hopefully by easter don't want a winter baby I hate getting up in the cold!! selfish I know....

yay chels walking!

Maybe to TTC, but i need to go back to work so i dont know how that'll happen. i wouldnt be surprised if i am now the way my moods are flying around
    evie drinks cows milk but just doesnt have anywhere near enough. out of the 600ML she's meant to have during the day she probably has 50. i'm hoping if i mix some formula in cows milk it might fill her up to sleep thru the night better.
    I was just in tears last night. i just dont know what to do about this sleeping thing. she always wakes up on the dot of 3 hours after being put down and like i've said, she just wont go down without a feed. i tried just giving her one side but she just went straight to the other which makes me think shes so hungry. i feel SO stupid thinking she'll eventually sleep thru the night on her own, but the bottom line is i dont want to be up for hours with her crying. i dont know, i thought i was doing the right thing, now i dont know.
    I just want a gentle approach to weaning at night. i'm sick of feeling like the only solution involves her being so upset. that breaks my heart.

seriously tara give the formula a go!! though id be inclinded to compare th esugar content of teh toddler to that of the follow on formula, you may be better giving her that over teh toddler stuff, even if its for a few weks, if she drinks that then slowly reduce the amount and add more cows milk til she drinks all cows milk

One thing tara to remember is that with developmental milestones they often get reduced sleep for the 1-2 weeks before. So Jovie's on the verge of walking & she's waking up again at night. With Matilda it was so obvious, she would wake & not settle for hours in the middle of the night & then after 2 weeks she's start sleeping and do something like walk, or use more words, or run, jump etc etc.. Thats why CC never worked for us because as soon as things would be okay, whammo... out of whack again. Also Matilda was so sick she would be sick & we couldn't CC. So... although its annoying some of these smart little sausages know something is going on and for some reason it takes up the sleep...

Jovie has been pushing the stroller around the house with no one in it, so cute... she's so close. She gets frustrated when she pushes it into the corner. Screams and screams until someone helps her back out

So cute Jovie
    Thanks Christy, i try and tell myself that too that she's growing and such, and i'm sure that as soon i as i get her sleeping thru then something else will come up...needles next week, walking, teeth. maybe i'll just wait til shes 12 and try...no wait..puberty will hit... damn it!

LOL Matilda's sleeping through finally!! She's 3 and now rarely wakes up at night, so there is hope!

When we TTC Jovie we just decided to go through 4 years of no sleeping all at once & funnily enough it only took 1 year!!! YAY!!

TTC #3.... still considering it. I don't want to have #3 before Matilda's in prep.... Purely selfish reasons because I can't imagine being able to cope with 3 at home more days than not.

AF is on her way. I've been having bad cramps all day & I'm sure this is it. I had horrible periods before Matilda, to the point that the last one I had was so bad I had ice on my back to numb the pain and was leaning over tables at work. I was vomitting because the pain was so bad & couldn't keep down pain relief. Then after I had Matilda my AF went to "normal" 4-5 days long, medium flow, minimal cramps.... now this is my first one since having Jovie & so far its leaning towards what they used to be like prior to Matilda Ouchies!!!!

i feel your pain christy...any consolation, i'm at home today because the pain killers I have to take make me to tired and sleepy to drive...but its a double edged sword...not take them, and can't move! take them, can't go anywhere!! i'm going to be in a world of pain by this evening as I won't be able to take another one once it is time to as I have to do the swimming training thing with the big kids this afternoon.... trying to not feel p!ssed off about being a woman right about now!

Yep im in with the stomach cramps this arvo myself. Please dont let it be AF...not now....not when i have to go away to family houses!

Well i got some formula stuff, made up her dinner with filling brown rice and she was too tired tonight she didnt want a bar of anything so is essentially going to bed with just a bf. no dinner

What do you guys think I should feed her the formula in? I want to give it to her instead of bf before bed, but we skipped the whole bottle stage and went from breast to cup. i want her to be sleepy and relaxing but dont want to go "backwards" to her drinking out of a bottle.
    oh i am so confused at the moment, i just need some sleep!!

tara try one of cups ethat are between a straw and a spout, make sense??, its not a teat but sort of similar, one of the mums at mothers gruop had one i can find out the brand if you like she got it at safeway

will she take a bottle Tara? Ella never took a bottle. If she takes a bottle i would do it in a bottle and only put milk in a bottle and have water in a cup. but that's me. Good luck!

christy - TLC darlin. that's what you need with a painful back. Hot bath and massage may help.

Gigi - i just saw the photos of bilby and i've gotta say she is GORGEOUS. Adorable little cheecks.

Vicky - poor thing. Where's DP? or the neighbours? can they help?

As for us...i'm giving my resignation tomorrow and i know he'll try and talk me out of it but you can only take so many insults from your boss.
    Ella is pulling to standing in the bath. She's on her tummy or standing for a lot of the day now...and i can see the improvements. She's not fussed about being on her tummy and stands with one hand on the pram. She's still not crawling or taking any steps but she can spin around on her tummy so there are SOME improvements.

Ann

AJP that's a good idea. I have one its a magmag cup you can get it from the chemist.

Ann

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast