Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #28

Do you mean instead of teat, it's like a raised 'ridge' with little holes along the top?
    Ann, you know, Ella might go straight to walking and skip crawling altogether, some babies do do that. I'm glad you are starting to see some results, must be a load off your mind. Well done

the one i have tara is a soft spout with a cross hole. when ella bites or squeezes the spout then the water starts coming out. She like using it more than the bottle because it want *trying to be a boob*.

you're right tara. She probably may skip the crawling but i not sure how she move to hold onto something to pull up on. hmmmm

Ann

tara I got one from Woollies from Tippee and its soft. I put rice milk in it for Jovie & warm it up. She will hold it like a bottle & its still a cup.

One thing I learnt from Matilda & Jovie is not to feed them when they are already tired. I feed dinner at 5pm because after that neither will eat a decent amount of food. So maybe try to feed them up earlier & then offer a "supper" when you eat?

yep sounds right tara!! id go that!!!
    i agree with christy too, sophie has dinner every night at 5pm

had a chat with DH last night and we have decided at this stage to hold off TTC#2 until mid next year so i feel a such a weight has been lifted from my shoulders!!

Chelsea has dinner at 7pm everynight! She must eat so late compared to all ur 'toddlers'

Tara i think its a trial and error what kids will drink from. Chels is fussy with her cups. We have found the perfect cup for her. One that does not spill no matter how much its shaken or dropped...its perfect!!

Tonight we are headin for NSW....so i might not be online for the next week...depends if i get fit in some BB time at the relos!! So if i dont speak to you all....have a good week and i hope we have some good sleeps and feeds!!!

OMG...Chelsea (and Astons) birthday tmrw!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASTON (for tmrw)

KIM have a good trip!!!!!! please drive carefully!!!! hope you get to pop on during the4 week, rtake some time out while your away and relax!!
    CHELSEA for tomorow!!!

Have a great trip Kim Chelsea, for tomorrow, hope u get really spoilt!!

Emelia usually has dinner around 6, and yep if she is tired and we try feed her she will refuse and spit it everywhere!!!

travel safe kim.... give that baby...opps toddler! girl a big squishy hug from aston! birthday buddies!!

have a great time away, look forward to hearing about it.

hi vicky!!! :waves:

waht do you all give bubs for lunch??? im over thinking of things, shes not a great sandwich eater, any ideas appreciated!!

hi Jols! lol

french toast? savoury pikelets? umm.... aston has cut up cucumber, cherry tomatoes, cubes of cheese, mini quiches without pastry....

yep Emelia loves cucumber, tomato, cheese and she also likes gerkins!! most of the time she will have sandwiches sometimes toasted. other times she will have tinned spagetti the alphaspagetti one with toast!! i make a fruit salad up everyweek and she will have that after too.

sometimes she will have oven bake chips, when im having a lazy day! naughty i know !!

i made up a fruit custard in ice cube trays the other day... pureed a tin of fruit salad in natural juice and added the baby custard powder.... cheaper then the baby custards...thought I was a clever bunny lol

vicky i love using the baby custard powder!!!
    i have to admit i dont buy any jared baby food!!! make it all myself

i have only used jars when i wanted to introduce egg to aston. aston actually eats what we have now. i haven't "made" baby food for a while. he kept turning his nose up it, and wanted what was on my plate. and I hate wasting food...so I started giving him finger food portions of what we were eating. i'm amazed at the things this child eats. but i guess because we are all having it he doesnt think anything of it. funny bunny. its really just desserts that I make individually for him now. Have you put the baby custard powder in with yogurt? I have, it makes it a bit thicker and easier for them to feed it to themselves.
    I made him a banana smoothie on monday which he enjoyed. he doesn't like milk by itself..so thought I would give that a go...

Does anyone else have a 'machine gun' baby? that grizzle thats just 'eh eh eh eh eh' oohhhhhh sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over it today.
    i'm over the whole thing and ready to pack it in! i'm tired of trying to think of different foods and i'm tired of trying to work out what to do about milk and ****

tara sorry your having a bad day,
    re the milk, how much does evie weigh???

sophies only 8.6kg, no concern about her weight, she's still breastfed, i really dont know why your nurse suggested formula

Tara, hope u day improves

who has given egg to their bubs? im a little scared too!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast