Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #3

Oh what a shame Vicky... as long as u enjoyed it while lasted! Next month im using my hot stone massahe DH got for me Mach last yr!!! I went to use it but they said Nip not while your pregnant. Anyhow...its a good excuse to head back to NSW to visit family and friends!! I sooo cant wait for it.

As for how im goin....arghhhhhh.... DD has starting vomitting and i mean VOMITTING. Everywhere and at each feed. She has 150ml bottles so i burp her at 100ml, up comes alot. Burp her at 70ml...again up it comes....40 ml....again. Finally we get to the end of the bottle.....AGAIN. All this has only started since them blasted needles...

On a good note i guess she has been a bit more settled, Still not sleeping much through the day... but thankfully she does through the night. So im at least getting my sleep over night for at least 6 hours.

Has any one flown with their babies yet??? We are flying up to NSW next Friday to visit DH's family as his uncle and lil cousins are coming over from USA.

Also im soo excited...i ordered my HAB..finally!!! Hopefully it will be here by mid next week so ill be able to wear it while flying. DD loves it, we visited a girl of BB on Tuesday and i gave hers a go.

I now have my car up for sale I'll miss it when it finally sells.

Hope all is well....im heading to bed now.....DD has just gone to bed after a long night of vomitting and me now having to wash everything in sight!!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

hallo, i dropped off this thread (god knows when) but i finally found it again so am re-subscribing.

waves to you all!

my tiny bilby arrived Nov 16th 2006 and was 12 weeks old today

Welcome back Gigi

Happy returns Gigi!! Your DD is adorable!

Olivia Guest

Hi all,

Gigi, your baby is only one day older than mine ...by two hours ...after writing that I suddenly realise it's not that strange ...babies all from Nov 06 etc etc ...I am so vague lately.

Mothers group was actually really great ...the other Mums were all normal and funny and relaxed and we had a great time. For once it wasn't me putting my foot in my mouth, one of the Mums was saying that she was going to name her daughter Louise but she was worried it would be shortened to Lou and she hated that cos it sounded like the toilet ...ha ha lol ....she nearly died when I said that my babies name was Lugh ( pronounced Lou )...but I was nice about it cos I would be the FIRST person normally to stuff up like that ....

Yeah so I go to NZ next week, and will miss three sessions, but they seem keen to keep it going so I shouldn't miss out too much....

I am trying to be positive about NZ, we have only just got into a good pattern at night ...7.30 til 1.30/2.30 then through til 6.30 ...and I am worried the time difference, different bed etc will ruin it ....musn't think the worst though ...and can always fix when we get back. I am looking forward mostly to people being around me the whole time ...at mothers group I couldn't stop hogging the conversation.

yes Vicky I completly agree with the whole village raising a child scenario ...it was funny hearing about your DH, when Lugh cries mine always says he's hungry you haven't fed him enough lol ...tomorrow I am having my hair done and DH will feed him expressed milk ....secretly I think he can't wait to have him all to himself ...

meredith ...how did it go with Pinky ? one day Logan will be able to give you a big hug and say thanks for all the effort you have put in keeping him happy, I think you are great giving all these things a go. Once apon a time our Mums ( well mine anyway ) would have just put him down, at the end of the house, walked away and come back in four hours, crying or not.

Hope all is well with everyone, Christy I hope your burn is healing and that you are well.

Vicky - LOL you've got the magic mummy touch!

Belinda - We're also considering moving Ella into the car seat. She's getting a bit too long for the capsule. How long is Cooper?

Meridith - The kitty is evil. I think he now believes the whole HOUSE is his litter tray. Is it possible to re-toilet-train them?? How did the Chiro appointment go today? Its nice when you get these things for free.

Well after 2.5weeks of not pooing, Ella finally had some relief today. Yippee! It was a monster of poo that was e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e! Now i can move onto the next thing on my "paranoid issues" list.

Ann

LOL Ann... You & your cat saga!!! When I have had to help people with cats who are urinating inappropriately usually we start with feliway... and sometimes move onto more chemical hormone replacements to help them settle. ITs super commen for them to start just after a baby comes into your house. We usually say to put 3-4 litter trays around & spray feliway where they have urinated inappropriately, otherwise if you have a plug in you put it in the room where the most damage is. You could take a wrap or something that is dirty & spray some feliway on that so the cat can associate Ella's smell with phermones as well... just another thought.

Burn is going heaps better thanks!! No more bandage changes & now it looks like a very bad sunburn that has blistered & peeled.... bright pink but getting more and more pale as the days go by. I am putting vitamen E capsules on it, well I pop them with a needle & put the oil straight onto my skin & that seems to be doing the trick.

Jovie has had a few shocker days over here & my mental state is deteriorating. With Matilda I had PND so I'm starting to recognise the symptoms again. So I'm off to the GP & social worker to get some help. It sounds so chipper when I read that back, but its definately not. I think this burn has pushed me over the edge. Reading how all of you girls feel I realise I am not alone in the short fuse, tired, cranky category... and that makes me feel soooo much better!!! I told DH he was not alone in dealing with a post baby hormonal lady but it didn't seem to reassure him

Olivia Guest

hey christy ...it's great thing that you can recognise when things aren't going well and you should be proud of that. I think I would probably benefit from some paid debriefing of a sort ...but I will see how I feel when I get back from NZ....good luck with everything ...I hope you feel better soon....by the way I think Jovie is a lovely name.

Add Gigi on Facebook

thanks for the re-welcomes! i like being back on this thread, i went thru a time when it was just all too much and i think when you don't respond to the daily emails for a certain time, then you stop being sent them.

christy, how did you burn yourself? I think burns are one of the hardest things to deal with, so incredibly painful, so hugs to you hon. Is it ok to ask you where you burnt yourself? How is Matilda coping with another bub in the house? We were in similar threads whilst pregnant and i wondered how your labour went and everything (cos by that stage i was a bit out of it computer wise - struggling to cope with how pearshaped our labour went).

Bon VOyage for your NZ trip Olivia, routine is so important for a bub (and you too so you can get some sleep) so i hope the trip goes well for you - maybe you'll have to get tough, lay down some groundrules e.g only x amount of visitors per day, only in the afternoon - whatever suits your bub the best - so you and bub can still survive ok. I just hope your rellies are spread out all over the shop, cos the constant driving or flying would make things even harder. It's hard when you're only there for a short time and everyone wants to see you, but no point you running yourself ragged adn then collapsing afterwards.

When you mention a "paid debriefing", that is what i would like, someone to debrief from the awful labour i went thru, someone to answer questions about the Bandl's Ring rare thing that happened to my uterus, i hope to go to a CARES meeting in my city on Wednesday, it's a group for women who have gone thru diasterous c-sections i think. Other states ahve similar groups called Birth rites i think.

Today, tiny bilby and i had our 2nd park outing in three months, i planted us under a shady tree, it was only 27 degrees (a lovely change from the 40 degrees we have had so much of this summer). Cos of not driving and being stuck at home, i haven't been able to buy the anti cancer council sunhat, baby sunnies and special sunblock i have wanted to get her, so i thought, if i keep her in the shade it will be ok. But at the 11 oclock feed, i noticed, with horror, her nose and all around it, the creases of the eyes, she is absolutely burnt - tears welled up in my eyes, i can't believe i let her get burnt, i feel like the worst monster now. I have fair skin, freckles and know how much sunburn hurts, her pale skin is so tender - i feel i spend so much time protecting her, trying to make life the best i can for her little being and then i go and do this?? OMG i am so ashamed of myself. We were out in from 1pm - 5pm in this park, if i was driving, that is a time i normally stay indoors, but because a kind friend volunteered to take us, put a spare baby seat in her car for tiny bilby and everything, i felt obliged to go at the time that suited her. bangs head. never again, even if people i know think "what a fusspot", i will have to be brave and say, "thanks, but actually i don't feel right taking tiny bilby out in the afternoon sun". i suppose the worst thing that could happen is that they will laugh at me, but that won't kill me, i must speak up about these things, always so worried "what will people say?", not wanting to offend anyone. But tiny bilby must come first. I feel like i have let her down so badly. It was SO nice to get out of the house and be in the fresh air. WIth dh working six days a week, and then doing housework/fixing things/often not being well enough to go anywhere on his day off, it's been months since i have been anywhere (except medical appointments like physio and rushed trips to supermarkets at ten minutes before closing.

sorry, needed to get that off my chest.

awww Gigi I was thinking of you for a long time after birth. Have you had a de-brief?? You too Olivia! I did one after Matilda and it did help heaps. Matilda's birth was very traumatic to me, and although not as traumatic as others births it still had that affect on me. I took time to grieve my natural birth dream and get it out. Gigi I know you had so much passion about birthing & everything got taken out of your hands *hugs* its so devestating. My burn is on my belly... most of the front of my belly.

Anyway... take time to get it out and go to the birth de-brief forum. I had so many people tell me "at least she's healthy..." it was awful no one seemed to understand my grief.

Burn update: my burn is going great guns! No more bandages & looks like a full on sunburn. So heaps heaps better... no more hamburger meat look (sorry TMI). We are going to the beach for 2 days today so salt water should help. I was so worried I wouldn't get to swim.

Christy - so glad the burn is healing, you poor chook! Sorry Jovie has not been so great for you. i totally undestand the feelings of "losing it". We've had a couple of bad nights so getting even less sleep than usual and I am certainly feeling "on the brink". Good on you for seeking some help - were you on meds with Matilda?

Ann - sorry your puss is being such a pain. cat wee is truly the most disgusting, potent stuff! I second all that Christy said. remember to kee doors shut of rooms where he pees frequently and pick up all loose clothing. Do consider medical managment if it continues as you really don't need extra stress on top of a new baby.

Olivia - hope the NZ trip goes really well and Lugh is a little angel! I am sure your family will adore him and hopefully take him off your hands for a break.

Gigi -don't beat yourself up about the sunburn. you did not do it intentionally and take heart that you wil certainly never letit happen again!
    Sorry that your birth was not as planned - I don''t know the story sorry, but if it helps, feel free to post it all so others can read and you can get it off your chest.
    I was very lucky that I got the exact birthing I wished for but do know how much it would have affected me if this hadn't been the case. Now I just have a very "high needs" baby so I guess that's my tradeoff!!!

Vicky - how are you and your tribe doing? I think your DH needs to get together with mine. At least you were able to make an attempt at going out. My DH is too scared to have Logan even for 1/2hr on his own! I would love to get my hair cut but not sure how I will ever manage it.

Kim - have you spoken to GP re DD? All that vomiting and unsettledness continuing after her immunisations just doesn't sound right.
    Yay for the HAB - has been my absolute best buy ever - a true lifesaver. Logan would probably like to be in it all day!
    Have fun in NSW - hope the flight goes well.

Well, we are much the same. he has been really unsettled today. Even the HAB hasn't worked. Have gotten him to sleep in the hammock now but every few mins he starts crying or even screaming but actually still half asleep. I am finding it quite upsetting - guess he is having bad dream? Last night he woke every 1.5hrs so feeling very frazzled.
    Have barely seen DH this week either as he has been working late then doing some work on our other house (we are renovating). I know he is working hard and is tired too but part of me is really resentful that i am truly "single parenting". He wonders why DS doesn't give him that many smiles..... there is a lot I could say but am refraining - LOL!!

Hey meredith, did you see Braden again yesterday? we too have being seeing him, last thursday then again twodays ago and i have to admith although it's helped the neck and turning her head she does seem more unsettled than she has ever been!! not sure if it's a coincidence! but we see him again next week, he's very nice isnt he. did you make inquires about northpark?
    christy hope you manage to talk to someone about PND and i'm glad the burns better!! even if it's like bad sunburn i guess that's better than before!!
    Olivia good luck in NZ have a great trip, you'll probably find Lugh will be fine
    Kim hope you also have agreat trip enjoy showing chelsea off!!!
    GIgi i'm sorry your birth wasnt what you wanted, i too had some issues after my birth and posted about in here rather thatn the debrief site as i felt more comfortable.
    Ann sorry about the ****ty kitty!! hopefully things will get back to normal for you soon. our dog has just decided that he no longer likes to sleep outside, after 7 years!!!! i think he figures why should he be out there when were all inside, go figure hey!!
    Vicky it shoulds like Aston is doing so well and hopefully you and DH can have your lunch date soon
    Well were all good it's hard to beilve sophie is nearly 4 months!! and more needles..noooooooo....loves kisses on the mouth and my alwful singing, loves her thumb it's always in her mouth

AJP - where does the time go eh? before you know it she will be toddling around calling mum mum mum. I love it when babies start giving you kisses. Aston is "talking" to us lots, and starting to giggle. I love that sound. He is such a happy little thing. when he wakes he talks to the animal mobile, and then the arms and legs go all excited when he sees someone.

Meredith - The next day after the "massage episode" DH mimicked how I comfort Aston when he is unsettled. Aston was not responding very well, and DH was getting distressed, so I tried something that I remember from when Laura was a baby. I whipped my t-shirt off, and laid it against him while he was in DH arms, and he shut up instantly, we waited a couple of minutes, took it away, and he started getting upset again, so we put it back and he settled again. so we are going to try that the next time I venture out, poor dh, he was really distressed and told me last night that he was minutes away from going next door to the neighbour's house, lol. anyway, see if that works for you, have DH cuddle logan while he is laying against something that you have been wearing...bit like the clock and hot water bottle you give a puppy eh? nothing ventured, nothing gained. I so hear you on need for some ME time. it is a must otherwise i go MAD.

Christy - I'm so glad your burn is better, but sorry to hear that your head isn't feeling ok darlin. but its great that you recognise it, and are seeking help sooner rather then later. I am seeing the child health nurse tomorrow, and are going to speak to her about a few things that are concerning me. I'm not sure whether I'm having anxiety attacks or hypos(which means that the diabetes hasn't gone!!) so i really do have to get my butt to the pathologist to have the blood test done, which is a whole lot easier said then done at the moment!! I told DH that he needs to come with me as it is the 2 hours test, and I will need him to be there to help with Aston.

Hi Gigi - I love the nick name you have for your little girl. I looked at the photos. they're great. Hugs darlin about the sunburn - welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood - one where you are perpetually burdened with guilt of some description or another! lol

DH and I got to go out for dinner last night, and it was wonderful. I nearly pulled the pin on the whole thing, because aston had been unsettled during the evening and not going to sleep until 8 - 8.30, but on the friday night he went back to behaving and was an absolute dream. DH was funny, and rang after about half an hour of us being out. (gosh, you really can tell that this is my third, and DH's first - I did the exact same thing when I had laura! lol) This weekend has been lovely actually, we went to the beach yesterday with the puppy, and then went to the Noosa River today. And ALL of us had fun.

Could you put your Vet Hat on please Meredith...is there anything you can do for puppies that get carsick? Everytime we take Jake out in the car he throws up. poor little thing - plus its not real good on the car.

WEll have to email some photos to the grandies. Hope everyone has had a reasonable weekend.

We have had a great weekend too. Friday night we went shopping and spent up big on all the winter clothes sales. I was also offered an office job at DH work. 2 days a week just doing paperwork, data entry, payroll etc. My friend is going to be looking after Chelsea while im at work. Also mean ill get to spend some extra time with DH and also have 'me' time away from Chelsea....im dreading it though... i hate leaving her!!

Saturday we dropped off my car as i sold it on Friday..then we had to get a few more shopping items. In the afternoon we all hopped on a train and went into the Melbourne Aquarium... had a blast!! At night some friends come over.

Today we had a lasy day and done nothing at all!!!

Hoping to have a good week! Only 5 days til we fly to Newcastle!!!

Olivia Guest

Hey all.

Had a good time at the hairdressers, and wouldn't you know it Lugh slept for two hours while I was away ( he has rarely slept in the day for more than 45 mins in the last couple of weeks ) and he took a bottle of EBM from DH. Of course then DH had to have the rest of the day to himself cos he had been busy all morning, lol ...but either way it was great. I know it's difficult but if you can manage it made me feel almost human again.

Good idea about the t-shirt Vicky, maybe you should give it a go Meredith. Bummer about your DH and the smiles ...once Logan gets over his unsettled stage their bond will get closer...make sure you tell him how you feel.

Thanks AJP and Meredith and everyone for reassuring about NZ ...fingers crossed.

The last two nights Lugh has gone to sleep for the night during his last feed. You can imagine my annoyance when tonight it took me over an hour to get him down ....arggghhh ...no two days/nights the same.

Have a good week everyone. Hot again in Melbourne, DAMN.

Add Gigi on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    awww Gigi I was thinking of you for a long time after birth. Have you had a de-brief?? You too Olivia! I did one after Matilda and it did help heaps. Matilda's birth was very traumatic to me, and although not as traumatic as others births it still had that affect on me. I took time to grieve my natural birth dream and get it out. Gigi I know you had so much passion about birthing & everything got taken out of your hands *hugs* its so devestating. My burn is on my belly... most of the front of my belly.

Anyway... take time to get it out and go to the birth de-brief forum. I had so many people tell me "at least she's healthy..." it was awful no one seemed to understand my grief.

Burn update: my burn is going great guns! No more bandages & looks like a full on sunburn. So heaps heaps better... no more hamburger meat look (sorry TMI). We are going to the beach for 2 days today so salt water should help. I was so worried I wouldn't get to swim.
    THanks Christy and all of you others - it's nice to back in this thread!

Christy, how on earth did you manage to burn your tum? That sounds so awful, i mean every time you stand up and bend, it would hurt again - you poor chook! Not to mention having the weight of your bub and your toddler Matilda everytime you feed, pick them up etc. shakes head - you poor love.

How did your 2nd birth go Christy - i seem to recall you had some health issues in your pregnancy? was the birth ok for you?

thanks for the kick up the backside i needed - i must go to this birth debrief thread and get this outta mah system.

thanks to you all for the understanding about the sunburn, i needed to get it out and thank you for not being judgemental - i had already judged myself PLENTY, nothing anybody said could ever be worse than what i have said to myself about it - a day later, thankfully she is not suffering from the sunburn, my dh said it was a mild sunburn - but really, ANY sunburn she has, - i just wanted to have the floor swallow me up! that poor little thing is totally reliant on ME to do the right thing, i let her down - you're right, i won't make that mistake twice!!!

have more to say, but a hungry bilby calls!

Meridith - i know how you must feel with DH working late in the evenings. You are VERY patient. I lost it with Andrew a few times but i also know he's working hard for a reason But when Ella cried when he made a funny face at her...it made in quite upset. He's now finished the project and has spent the whole weekend bonding with her and has taken Monday off too. Now she's all smiles when she sees her daddy.

The kitty situation is a bit better (thanks for everyone's support) he's now on a pheromone treatment which is a Feliway thing you plug into the power socket. And he's getting groomed everyday (by DH).

Gigi - A few mums in our mother's group had the same thing happen to them. They also felt awful, but it happens even when you're being vigilant...

Olivia - You poor thing. Babies hate the heat. Ella doesn't feed well and snacks during hot days that means she's up more often in the night.

AJP - After 3 weeks of having her fist in her mouth, Ella got her thumb in and started sucking today. I'm sure she'll love her thumb too. There's been a lot more drooling... going to the GP tomorrow as its given her a rash around her neck. I also want to see if there are any little teeth coming up which may explain the constant drool.

Ann
    Last edited by luua; February 11th, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

Ann sophie had a rash under her chin a well but i think it was from missed spew!! i used curash powder and it went the next day. aahhhh have to love thumb suckers!! sophie is more interested in that than playing which worries me a little, glad the cats back on track.
    Gigi i read your birth story, i hope it helps to get it out,you did have avery traumatic time you poor thing, but i think babies personalities are pre determined some are cuddly babies some are smilely, some arnt, it not a reflection on you love. sophie is a more serious child more observant and weary, she smilles heaps but not like a lot of other babies and i always wonder if it;s something i did or didnt do, but i know that not the case, shes who she is. keep trying to get your notes as it will really help you.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast