Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #3

Hi girls, haven't been on much because still not much sleep from Logan and hence no time for me! I feel a touch selfish but I REALLY need just 1-2hrs of ME time.
    So Vicky - you are not alone in venting! I've got 6 "children" in this house - 2 dogs, 2 cats, hubby and Logan. They all want, want, want - I am running out of "give".

Vicky - hope the mastitis is easing and that your family gives you a break soon too. Don't know how all of you with 2 or more kids manage - hats off to you all. I think mothers deserve a medal - hardest job in the world!

Christy - How is your burn? sounds VERY nasty and the last thing you need when you have a high needs baby. Is Jovie managing better still? Sleeping without the HAB? Sorry to be obessed with sleep but its all I can think about these days!!

Olivia - Welcome on board!! I have chatted to you re sleep issues and our boys being very similar. My mother's group hasn't started yet due to xmas etc but I am getting quite desperate for it. Just need to talk to other people possibly going through the same hardships. I know a couple of other women who have had babies recently but they have very placid children who sleep well and on their own!
    Where are you in melbourne - maybe we should catch up someday?
    How is Lugh doing in the bassinette? Is the night sleeping going ok with the switch from co-sleeping?

Kim - Sorry to hear chelsea is so unsettled after her immunisations - have you rung you GP?

Robyn - WTG Baylee! Soon will all be talking about our bubs crawling,talking,walking for the first time!

Well, as you can gather from my whinging, the sleeping issues are not improving. Night sleeping actually worse the past 3 days - DS waking every 1.5-2hrs and having a very restless period from around 2am when he may sleep but so restless that i don't!
    Possibly the pain/crying is a bit better since the chiro and me eliminating dairy but hard to be sure. I have started the Losec for reflux so will see if this helps at all but I get the feeling the sleep problems will remain regardless. Really need some outside help I think but very hesitant about "sleep schools", mother/baby units as I am dead against CC.
    He is alseep atm in his hammock which is a miracle in itself as I usually have him in the HAB this time of day but to hot already. Going to reach the 45 min mark very soon so we'll see.
    Sorry about the lengthy post but needed to rant !!

Ann- sorry, almost forgot - was going to ask about your cat. Have you heard of Feliway - its a feline pheremone spray that can be useful for kitty anxiety/toileting issues. Speak to your local vet or ask me any questions if you like - my veterinary brain hasn't been active for awhile but I may be able to clear the cobwebs in there!!!!

*hugs* Meredith I can sympathise... truely. Hey I thought you were a vet. I've been a vet nurse for 8 years So there you go!! I was thinking Feliway too. I'm still working, but mainly just going in & doing paperwork, I bring Jovie in the HAB. But can't atm because of the burn. I don't feel like putting more pressure on it atm.

The burn is getting better. Had a few set backs on the weekend with my skin becoming hypersensitive and reacting to everything including the tape used to hold the bandages on. And the cream they were using all week... grrr....

Opps...gotta run Jovie is very unhappy I decided to sit down and have some me time.

Thanks for the suggestions about using Feliway - i tried it when we first got Henry as he was clawing the sofa but it didn't seem to stop him. I'll give it another try on Ella's things - is it safe for babies to come in contact with it??

Christy - God the burn sounds nasty. I had bad burn on my ankle years ago and used paw paw cream which helped with the healing.( but it looked awful)

I'll also look at getting some Dr Seuss books, my MIL has plenty. She's been buying them for years for this exact occasion. Thanks for the suggestions!

Robyn - WooHoo on Baylee rolling over. That's fantastic. He's 2 days younger than Ella and she's still not entirely sure about tummy time.

Is anyone else's baby drooling buckets and buckets of drool?

Ann

No drooling here yet

Maybe you have an early teether, although some kids can drool for quiet awhile and not get teeth, so who knows lol, bet that was super helpful lol

Was meant to be on another forum getting a recipe i needed and oops ended up here lol

Better go

ann, sophie drools HEAPS as well!!! it's cute though isn't it!!

Man im soooooooooooooo damn hot i cant think and i cant absorb any ones posts.....but i thought id still write!
    Chelsea is being a lil horror, wont sleep, wont drink, plays with her milk and spits it out, so hot so she is reaaly wingey and keeps crying/screaming. Wont settle no matter what i do.

Then theres me....this cream i have for the fissure....not working yet..but as soon as i put it on...with in no lie, 30 seconds-1 minute i get a splitting headache...and it wont go!! Having Chelsea screaming isnt helping at all. I have to use it 3 times a day....so just when the headache goes i have top use the cream, and its BACK :frown:

Christy-I hope that burn makes a speedy recovery.....

Luua-DD not old enuf yet to drool (teeth).....maybe Ella is an early developer!

B]Vicky[/B]- How you feeling now?

Robyn-How exciting about Baylee.....he will be off and running before you know it!

Meredith-Get 'You' time when you can....im having trouble doing it as well...i take it as small as can be... 15 minutes feels like hours!!

Curlylocks-Your DD is soo cute!!

Olivia-I started going to mothers group, but not now. I found all the mums to up themselves and selfish..made me feel as if both DD and myself were not good enough to be there....which is a shame...i was hoping to meet some new friends and mums in the area

If i missed anyone...im SORRY!! Hope everyone is trying to get sleep....in this heat....or if their bub's are letting them!

Olivia Guest

hey ...

sooo hot here ...Lugh really struggles with the heat at bedtime esp cos I swaddle him ..can't not swaddle ...cos otherwise no sleep, a fine balance.

Kim ...I hope the Mums aren't up themselves ...I really hope they are just "normal". Can't wait though ...starts Thursday. Am also going to go to baby and mum yoga this week, I am OVER being in the house the whole time.

Luua ...Lugh dribbles and drools the WHOLE time ..in the last couple of weeks everything has gone in the mouth and everything is wet ...mostly my shoulder.

Robyn, Lugh rolled over as well ...but unlike Baylee ...he did it two days in a row, a couple of times and then hasn't done it again ...it was during tummy time ...funny little boy I think he has forgotten how to do it.

Meredith, I would love to catch up ...but am going home to NZ for three weeks ( wish me luck ) so it would be cool when I get back ...good luck with Logan ...is the dairy elimination working ...I don't eat dairy so I can't try that. Yes still in the bassinette, no real change in his sleeping from before ...but I feel happier about it as he is easier to settle ...and I can put him down for the night ( after 40 mins settling argghhh ) and I don't worry about him, like I did when he was in our big bed ...6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other ...but I think it's better for me and him this way.

thank god the cool change is here.

Amazing... I had both children on my own tonight & Matilda was being a full on tantruming 2 year old and I had to take her to her room to settle down & I put Jovie in her swing & popped the dummy in & gave her a wrap to hold onto and had to try & ignore her crying while I dealt with the tantrum. DH is working until 8.30pm tonight & I was nearly in tears with what was going on and suddenly Jovie got quiet & Matilda fell asleep an hour earlier than normal & I went out to check on JOvie & she was fast asleep in the swing... Matilda NEVER fell asleep anywhere without massive screaming & hard work from us & Jovie just fell asleep... on her own in the swing. Now I'm too scared to move her she can stay there until DH gets home...

Oh Christy, I know how that feels. DH works rotational shift work, 1 week day shift, next week is afternoon shift then the following week is night shift.
    This week is afternoon shift and its hard as its the busiest time of the day when you have 2.
    When Baylee falls asleep in the swing, I just leave him also. You've gotta do what you gotta do.

Yeah Xander is only a few weeks off Matilda in age and Baylee is only 2 days older than Jovie!! So you know what its like. Do you just get used to it?? I was so afraid of it yesterday I got a bit stressed LOL then afterwards I was rested & laughing at myself for being so scared. Then I wonder how single mum's do it... OMG my hat is off.

I often wonder how single parents do it too. I count the minutes when DH walks through the door. He's been working late for the last 2.5weeks so it has been hard. But he's taking next monday off so - yipee!

Kim - you poor thing. Is there another cream you could look at using that doesnt give you these horrible headaches.

Olivia - would love to go to yoga here but the free classes conflict with my mothers group meeting...Have fun. I've been doing yoga for 5 years now and did it when i was pregnant. I found the breathing exercises helped during labour.

On the issue with the cat. We've decided to talk to our vet about the problem. I was feeding Ella this morning and he took the opportunity to go to the toilet on DH's shorts.

Agggghhhh!

Ella went through two outfits yesterday with all that drool...we're now using bibs since i found that the wet tops gave her a little rash.

Ann
    Last edited by luua; February 6th, 2007 at 10:53 AM.

Far out...where has the last month gone???!!!

Life has been pretty hectic the last couple of weeks for me. The last week of the school holidays I didnt have time to scratch myself and as you know I ended up with mastitis on Tuesday - happy birthday to me!! Tried to get rid of it with expressing and compresses and feeding positions, but the high temps continued, and the redness spread so I started antibiotics on the Wednesday lunch. I am feeling alot better then I did, but ittook until yesterday to feel that way, and of course, like an idiot I went out yesterday, and again all day today, so I feeling rather shattered. Last tuesday I would have happily handed in my resignation for this job - trouble was that I couldn't find anyone to take it!

Over the weekend had several huge epiphanies, and realise that a few things have to change if I going to keep my sanity. First and foremost, Rich and I have not spent anytime together since Aston was born. which I know is fairly normal - but we used to have dinner or lunch dates probalby once a week. My big kids haven't seen their father since the 29th of December, and he has only rung them four times in that time. So Rich and I havent had much time together at all, so I put my foot down and told Rich last night that he has to take me out to dinner on Saturday night. I'm quite excited. He wanted to bring Aston, but I said no, its just the two of us. lol. He said "but he's really cute. and he won't be any trouble" Which he wouldnt be, he's an angel, but the point is that I want to be just Rich and Vicky. so brother in law and sister in law are coming to babysit all three of them. I am going to express milk this week, for a just in case bottle, but i doubt it will be needed, unless of course Toni just cant help herself and HAS to give it to him. lol.

Aston is cooing and gaaing up a storm, and lots of lovely smiles and grins. Laura and Nathan are still totally besotted with him. I had a really good chat with both of them, on seperate occasions, and really got a sense of how they are feeling. Totally in love with Aston, a little neglected by me. They both want to give him a bottle, and I am contemplating that evening feed could be the one to do, I will just express the feed off, and they can give him the expressed milk from the day before...but we will just see how he goes. he may hate a bottle and refuse it. Nathan in particular has been feeling rather neglected, so we did some drawing together on sunday, just me and him, and it was lovely. Laura is amazing with Aston, she is in there doing everything, without me ever asking. I told her how much I appreciated everything she was doing.
    I'm not sure how much he weighs now, will have to get it done later this week. but he feels very heavy to me, fast approaching 6kg I think. Lots of lovely rolls, and dimples.

I very jealous of you girls whose bubs are sleeping through....I'm very sleep obsessed, and can't wait til it happens. If I don't get a lay down in the day, I'm shattered, and sometimes it is impossible to get a lay down. like today. I told him that he could give me that for my birthday present. It must be still in the post...lol.

Even though I have two other children, I am really feeling the age gap - all my friends have big kids, other then one of them, who has a 15mth old, and we try to catch up once a month or so. I have been thinking about looking into doing the 6week course that the Noosa Childhealth have on offer for mums with babies - to meet some new people with babies of similar age. I have been feeling rather isolated, and out of it. nothing to loose, and I may meet a kindred spirit.

I'm so glad your burn is getting better Christy. Talk about adding insult to injury, you poor thing. WooHoo on Jovie putting herself to sleep. I hear you on the doing it by yourself front. When Laura and Nat were little, their dad was a shift working, and would have left for work just as the witching hours would begin. sometimes I would shut myself in the bathroom just so I could be alone. This time round, if Rich works nights it is usually a later start, but Aston is nothing like how Nat was, so it isn't too bad. What I'm finding more difficult is getting dinner organised, in between feeding aston, and getting L&N to their various activites in the afternoon/evening. That, and desperately wanting sleep...

Ann - naughty little pussy cat! he is definately not very happy with you is he? Hope you can get it sorted soon. its not like we don't have enough to do already is it???

Olivia, do you leave Lugh in just his nappy when you wrap him? I wrap aston up with only his nappy on because it gets so hot up here. Its funny, he knows that sleep cue now, and almost falls into... now if I can just get him to sleep from 10 - 5, instead of 6/7 to 1-2 life would be perfect!

HUGS Kim... what can I say darlin, other then I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Has she been unsettled since her Needles? like meredith suggested have you spoken to your GP, or do you think its the heat?

Hugs Meredith, I'm sorry to hear that things haven't settled down yet darlin. Your right, motherhood is the hardest job there is. My worst time of the day is from around 4.30 until 8.00, it is chaos, and constant demands on me. Sometimes I feel like I would like to just jump in the car and run away! Any chance of someone coming and taking the load off you for a while, and you go and have a massage, or your hair done, with out logan?

Well this is epic..so I'll finish here before I bore you all some more. Hugs to all...sleep deprivation SUXS!

Wow Vicky that was an epic definately not boring though...

I'm very tired atm so won't do an epic myself. Jovie's been even more unsettled (how is THAT POSSIBLE???) the last 2 days and I'm hoping its getting those antibiotics out of her system. When I have been on antibiotics, she's been unsettled. So both are asleep & I need to be, should go now.

Olivia Guest

Hi all,

I didn't get to yoga, Lugh won't sleep during the day, and I felt as if I was just making it worse by dragging him off to something ...in hind sight I wish I had gone...oh well.

I am going to New Zealand next week, to show my family the baby, I am really nervous about it, will Lugh sleep, will it be really stressful, will my mother drive me insane with advice, will my husband resent spending his leave time with his in-laws ....argghhhh

Vicky no, I haven't tried just the nappy, good idea. Typically it has been colder in Melbourne this week.

Wish me luck for my first ever mothers group tomorrow.

Hope all is well with you and babies.

Hi Girls,
    Taking this opportunity to write as the little man is asleep in our bed - wooohoo!
    laid down with him for an hour so got some rest myself which was great. he has nicely decided to stay there even though I am up. not expecting to happen regularly though. Not much has changed from my previous post sleep wise but I do think he is bit happier since me going off dairy and starting the Losec.
    Saw the chiropractor again today and shoulder still sore for the poor boy. Cgiro bit dissapointed that we haven't had better success with the sleep issues. Will see him again Friday at no charge which is nice of him. I think AJP was asking if the guy I see is in Ivanhoe? The answer is yep - Brayden Keil.
    Still contemplating mother/baby units but really, really anxious re their methods. Had massage class with Pinky today and she will probably come around for home visit to see if she has anything else to offer.

Vicky - wow, that was an epic and what a busy life you lead! I think a dinner with just you and DH sounds great - I hope it is wonderful for you! So good that your older kids are so in love with their little brother. Sounds like you have raised some lovely little people!

Christy - sorry the antibiotics are knocking Jovie around. how much longer is the course?

Olivia - how is your little Lugh doing? Sleeping better I hope. Are you holidaying in NZ? That is very brave with a newborn - hats off to you and hope you have great time!

Ann - how is your naughty pussycat. Feliway would be safe around DD as it is just a pheremone but if it is not working you may need some hard core meds such as clomicalm - kind of like kitty prozac. usually only needed short term to get hijm over the stress of all the household changes.

Well, bubba still miraculously sleep (2.5hrs now!) so better get some things done

Sorry Olivia - must have posted at same time. Didn't realise your family was in NZ. Hope all goes well and being family they can at least give some help with the little fella.
    Would love to catch up on your return

HI Girls

Decided to take some of my own advice, and booked a massage for this afternoon - I was half an hour late, but thankfully she didn't havent anyone after me, and I had forewarned her that I might be- just depended on when his lord and master wanted to be fed or not - and of course,the time rolled around, and so did his hungry belly...lol. the appointment was only 2 mins up the road, and she was very understand when I rang and said I would be late. Pity the same can't be said for DH though!

Was just at the end of my massage when the mobile rang, as i answered it, the call dropped out, but it was HOME. Then it rang again, all I can hear is a howling baby, and "you need to come home" - so all that lovely relaxation is out the window because I think that something is drastically wrong! So I jump in the car, with the phone ringing again! "you really need to come home, I can't make him stop crying." I AM ON MY WAY.

Walk in the house, and DH is pacing frantically around, Aston over his shoulder howling - tears and all, and DH declaring, "I think he must want to be fed, because I've tried everything. burped him, changed his bum, rewrapped him, and nothing works, he keeps spitting his dummy out - I don't know what is wrong with him."DH hands him to me, I put the dummy in his mouth, snuggle him under my arm, and he shuts up. Well you can just imagine DH's face. lol. Welcome to Aston's first tantrum... Poor dh, you see I have to remind myself that this is his first time around with the whole baby experience - on the other hand, there have been many times where Aston has chucked it, and I have had to pace the house, with noone to hand him to, and had to ride the "theres-nothing wrong-with-me- i'm -just - throwing- a- wobbly-because-l-can" out until he has calmed down, which he does, after about half an hour, and Yes that half hour seems to become the longest half hour known to man kind - but gees louise I was having a massage to aliveate some of that stressed out feeling that riding the theres-nothing wrong-with-me- i'm -just - throwing- a- wobbly-because-l-can" out makes you feel like after a few days of them!! Men really are from another planet, because sometimes they cannot see the forest for the friggin trees! So while I kinda feel sorry for DH having to experience it, because hey its sucks when your right in the middle of it, theres another little part of me that is smiling on the inside...aren't I mean...lol.

so while the relaxation was short lived - I'll just have to go for another one - that's if DH is ever feeling brave enough again...lol

Oh well, I guess tomorrow's another day---come what may

I hope your burn is on the improve Christy. i noticed that you are Queensland as well. How far away from the sunshine coast are you? I live near Noosa in the hinterland area, right near where the dam is going to be built. maybe if we live in the not to distant vicinity we could catch up. I have a friend who is burpengary and that is an hour from me. I love the bruce highway - makes getting to so many place so much quicker then when you have to travel directly along the coast.

Hang in there Meredith. I know it probably doesnt seem like it, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and no it is not an oncoming train. Wonderful about the chiro, I hope that it is working for logan though. You must be at the end of your tether darlin. Sleep deprivation sucks - you can see why it is used as a form a toture, it really does your head in.

How did your mothers group go Olivia? I got a reminder in the mail today for the one that I will be starting to go to at the beginning of march - when I enquire I was disappointed that it was that far away, but in hind sight, its probably good as my mum is coming to meet her latest grandson in 2 weeks, I can't wait to see her! We are going to have so much fun - its her 60th birthday as well, so its very exciting. the group starts just after she goes home, so I have something to look forward to. I really looking forward to meeting some new people that are in the same boat...new born and all it entails....lol I hope that when you go to NZ that you can relax and that the people around you give you what you need, which is not anymore stress. I don't know, us western civilizations really have it all arse about when it comes to supporting new mums!! Right about now I wish I lived in India - there a new mum only has to look after her baby, and not have to stress about feeding anyone else, or getting the billion other jobs done that we seem to feel the deep seated need to do! In india, the extended family network does all that stuff! - hmmmm on the other hand, if I had to rely on my extended family then I would probably be worse off...lol

Ann, Kim, Belinda, Robyn, and AJP, I hope that you are all doing great, and if not, tomorrows a brand new day. Well I'm going to sign off, before I get accused of become a forum hog - I know I've done it again. I guess its just a good place to vent eh?
    all.

Well sorry your massage didnt go quiet as you planned it, and i hope you get out again one day, even after Dh experiencing his third child here he is still hopeless at times with settling him, i see him sometimes immitate something he has seen me do to settle him down, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, sometimes its just quicker to do it yourself but i guess they rely on that fact lol

My new one now for Mason and Cooper when they are both whinging and carrying on at the same time is to start clapping really loudly, it takes the focus off what they were doing then they are laughing at me most of the time, crazy kids!!

Got Cooper carseat out of layby tonight, so swapping him over to that from capsule, he will still face the back of car, but i am hoping it might put a bit more air around him then the capsule which is so much more enclosed

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast