Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #39

Ill lend out Craig to anyone....with in reason :P I wish things were better for you Ann. I hate seeing people upset.

Hows your DH today Gigi.....still feeling a bit down.....?

Is it possible to feel that many emotions all at once.... yep - it is, and more.

My little girl has just become a woman.

I know I probably sound silly - but AF coming to visit her for the first time, is soooooooo incredibly different from when it came to visit me. And I am having a kind of proud mummy moment, because I know that Laura's reaction - which was when she got home from school at 4pm - guess what mum? I got my period today! Me - When? Are you Ok? Her - 2.20pm (lol) and Yep I'm fine. Me - did you have stuff with you? Her - yep, all good mum. I exclaimed excitedly, jumped up and down, gave her a big cuddle, and said ohhhhh my little girl has just become a woman!!! To which she rolled her eyes at me... lol.

The fact that she was prepared, and not freaked out, and quietly and confidently all ok with it, makes me feel like I have done a good job in helping her to get to this place. I'm having a warm fuzzy moment. Much better experience then when I got mine period. I sat on the toilet howling, my mum was definately not celebrating, and my little sister was unkind....

I'm a proud mother hen right about now.

you should be one proud mum vicky you've done a great job raising her!!!

still feel blah...

Aw well done Vicky...that really is a sweet moment!

Whats wrong Jols....hope you better soon

Im off to tea tonight with some friends...kid and hubby free. Poor Craig though..the girls are being so feral and clingy today he will have fun tonight

Oh thats gorgeous Vicky! and what a woman she is not freaking out! lol some forewarning that endo is apparently heriditary, when i was diagnosed i looked into lots of different herbal things to try and slow it down, one is called False Unicorn Root, there's something else but it escapes me at the mo...
    lol sorry, didnt mean to burst your bubble, just wish i had some way of doing something about it before it took over!
    What's up Jols? Need a drink? come sit by me lol
    Sorry you're having such a **** time Ann. When i feel like that i just blurt out everything out to DH cos as far as i'm concerned, if i feel so crap then i may as well get it out in the open..whats the worst that can happen? if you decide its over then its better then living together in misery. sometimes by the time you've said it all to them you feel better and realise that actually telling them was half your worry.
    Enjoy your dinner Kim!
    it's my b'day tomorrow so i've decided to take the next few nights off cooking dinner lol
    i'm couch-bound ladies!

Thanks taralee - i knew that about the endo, and are going to take her to a herbalist. nothing ventured nothing gained eh.

jols are you feeling blah because u don't feel very well, or blah because you are sad/crappy/p!ssed off?

Lucky you Kim - hope you have a lovely dinner out.

Ann - hun - god help him if he stuffs up on mother's day!!

gastro here

be back tomorrow when i feel better

I have had the best night out...i really needed it... 12.40am i got home...off to bed now!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!!!

HOPE YOU GET SPOILT ROTTEN!!

feeling better today, still got the runs so hopefully will be overit today!
    glad you had a good night last night kim

how did things go last night ann with DH?

Thanks Jols!
    Evie decided 5am would be a nice time to get up! lol cant complain since she slept all night for me!
    Just trying to get motivated to go and have a shower and get going this morning! lol its already 940!! heavens!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

VICKY - yes, very proud mumma moment - it's a rite of passage, another sign your girl is growing up, and that's wonderful that the way your initial AF has been a bad memory for you all these years, has been so different (positive) for your DD. I believe forewarned is good too. My mum thought she was dying of cancer when she got her first AF - she was kept ignorant.

i plan to either make or buy bilby her very own mama pads (in her fave colours, themes) when the time comes. Not sure how workable using cloth at school would be for her, but even if she only used cloth pads at home, that would be ok with me.

ANN - it's strange having a partner, but still feeling like a single mum sometimes - when the responsibility for family is not shared, when communication is not shared. It's a weird place to be in. I hope your dh gets it off his chest, to you, what the heck is bugging him, cos it's not fair to make you cop it.

TARALEE - Happy birthday hun! Enjoy your couch, i hope it's a comfy one! Lie back and eat your fave thing under a snuggly blanket.

KIMBAZ - what do you do (shoewise) when you go to outside and the ground is wet? muddy etc? Is Chelsea wearing the soft soles? We're only in size 4 still but i'm finding the soft soles only useful now for inside wear - which is wonderful cos we have lino, too cold to just go barefeet, adn bilby pulls off sox as soon as the shoes come off, so she won't pad around in sox. I ended up buying navy Fisher Price aplix sneakers in kmart yesterday - they fitted her so much better, the sole was flexible.

AJP - where do you get teh Clark's half price last season's shoes? navy is fine with me. bilby has some memorable woollies, so bland shoes are just perfect!

BLANCHIE - thinking of you, if you're lurking honey! Hi little Jack!!!

dh is well on the mend, only one stitch left that comes out Monday, his nose is healing so well and the allergic reaction seems to have mainly gone now thanks to the medicine. what a relief.

Gigi - Thankyou for my birthday wishes. Also, i wouldnt be too worried about shoes, it's really not essential that they wear them. i think i mentioned to Blanche once that at Kindy we dont encourage kids to wear shoes, especially outside, because it's so much better for their bone and muscle development to be bare foot. Also not wearing shoes means that they can grip a lot better for climbing and the like and can get a lot more out of play in terms of sensory and tactile awareness.
    If it's all muddy, let her play with no shoes! its ok - she'll be squealing like a piggy in no time!!
    I only put shoes on evie if we're at the shops or somewhere her feet could get burnt..
    HTH - but i dont mean to preach

Happy birthday Tara!!!

Gigi Chelsea wears shoes i got from Big W. The dont soak up water, they are not hard sole, but not soft either....like a plastic kinda base.

gigi i go to a place called Kearney's Shoes try googling them to see if there are any near you, also try myer they may have some of last years stock as well, we also have a clarkes outlet here which helps

Happy Birthday Taralee - I hope it was a fabulous day.

I've been to a baby shower this afternoon. My "surrogate" sister.... I have given her a whole heap of stuff from Aston. As I was packing it up today, I burst into tears.... my little girl is no longer, and I don't have a baby boy anymore either...It is all going too quick.

Hey ladies got home today very tired so will try get back on tomorrow

omg Kim congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! how exciting

Happy birthday Tara

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

TaraLee - how was your birthday hon? Were you Queen of the Sofa?

What you're saying about the shoes, i do that in summer, but now it is colder, and she is mainly walking on lino over concrete, it's a very cold floor - if i put her in sox she pulls them off. the only way to keep ANYTHING on her feet, is to have the shoes on.

so at home, i've been doing
    - barefeet for middle of day when it is warmest
    - early and late - sox and leather soft soled shoes
    going out - if going straight from car to shops or a home
    - sox and soft soled shoes
    going out - if going to playground or park
    - sox and hard soles shoes (well the flexible soles the FIsher Price shoes have, easy to make the toe and heel touch each other when you bend the shoe)

i appreciate your advice (you're not preaching hon, just sharing info) but wonder if maybe i'm just in a colder climate, and so not sure i could let bilby be barefoot as often as you suggest - i notice you're in QLD, i'm alot further south - but i do like hearing your ideas (on lots of things).

VICKY - maybe ALL of mothering, is a LONG progression of "letting go;s"???
    i look at bilby's shoes and think, you're only 18 months old, how can your feet look that big!!! (knowing full well how ridiculous i am being).

being online in these parenting forums, when people are continually becoming pregnant, having dear little bubs - well, it sure doesn't stop the clucky among us from feeling - well - CLUCKY!!! i feel it too.

Kim - dh is feeling heaps better. his nose is healing so well, that was never an issue, day after op, he had no pain. The whole drama was the silly allergic reaction to teh bandages, he is no longer looking liek Rudolph teh Reindeer!! big relief to all three of us. Although bilby bopped him three times on the nose today - yikes.

At the PND support group yesterday, we did some short term goal setting - mine was to buy fruit and veg once a week - to achieve my goal of eating healthier and always having fruit on hand to eat. It felt good to set some goals (4).

ANd i got to go to the dentist (first time since i got pregnant feb06) so that was great (for me) to get done, have the scaling done (not as bad as i had feared) and no fillings (yeh). i normally go to dentist once every six months, it had really been getting me down that i had left it so long. Only painful bit at my dentist is the "do you have private health insurance yet" which i always get asked, three times. i find it so shameful to have to always say "no". it's the truth, but i had having to admit it.

DH got me a sewing machine cabinet for Mother's Day - the kmart brand ripoff of teh Horn brand i reckon - very thoughtful gift (i don't really think we can afford it ) - got no idea where to put it though. He spent two hours today assembling it - Mr Mecanno Man was in his element - and bilby made the styrofoam wrapping go in a million pieces!!! there were two long skinny bits she used like a light sabre! The Force was with her in our hallway today!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A LOVELY MOTHER"S DAY! MWAH!

Thanks Gigi - you're right about the weather, thats for sure
    Yay Blanche!! How are you? Home in time for Mother's Day - all the more reason to be spoilt! How's Emelia been with Jack?

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast