Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #5

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one losing hair...I thought I was going crazy. DD is 15wks so does that mean I should be expecting AF soon? I have noticed she's been really fussy and unsettled lately...It's actually making me wonder if there's another bun in the oven as i am super hormonal lately and hubby and i are being as careless as randy teenagers (jk!).
    Anyways, ive given up on looking for patterns and predictability with DD and for sanity's sake am just trying to take every second as it comes

Arghhhh Dh has finally been admited to hospital.... was rushed to emergency lastnight. He cannot eat drink and hard to breathe. He is on IV fluids, antibiotics, morphine and some other thing but i dunno wat it is.

They tell me its quincy (fancy word for cyst behind tonsils) or tonsilitis. So he is in hosp for another night.....im a mess and im not coping at all.

tara- AF returned veeeery quickly after DD was born... hence im preg again.....i hope you find out if it is another bubba.... or just ya hormones!

oh Kim I hope he gets some relief!!! & Poor you!

I reckon they are going to be going through a very unsettled time right now. Jovie is feeding all the time & not sleeping for the past 3 days during the day again.... grrrr.... so annoying!! I wish they would pick a pattern or rhythm and stick with it LOL.

Work has been great. Everytime I go in there is an emergency and I am the most experienced nurse so I get to jump in & I love it. I really love puppy preschools but my favourite nursing is emergency. Must get my adrenaline going or something but just kicking into gear is great for me.

No AF here so far... it came back 6 months after Matilda, so I'm thinking it could be the same with after Jovie. I'm not looking forward to it though because the cyst on my left ovary is still very large & would be very painful.

Christy - Ouch...you sound like you have as much fun being a woman as I do - well in that department anyway. Hope AF stays away for awhile. Aston has been unsettled the last two days during the day, and it is driving me mad. I'm absolutely exhausted from the constant feeding from yesterday, DH is giving me the pip, and I'm over everything....stress from moving I think has finally arrived.

Kim - I so hope that DH is on the mend now. The last thing you need at the moment is this kind of stress.

Tara lee - Hi.. DD being unsettled and fussing at the breast could be a sign of hormonal changes - either AF returning or being pregnant...have you done a test yet?

I'm cranky cranky cranky....gonna start jumping up and down soon having a tantrum...don't think it will do any good other then relieve some of this tension i'm feeling at the moment.

We so much want to have another bubby and i would be excited if i was pg, but then part of me feels i would be 'cheating' dd out of mummy time. Isnt it funny how you make such a HUGE deal out of getting pg the first time..now it's kinda 'yeah..whatever...lets go again..'. Crazy! I just dont want people to think we made a 'mistake' or werent careful...why do we care about what people think so much.

All the best with your husband, Kim. I cant imagine how stressed you must be. Just remember that we're never given anything to deal with that we cant handle. not much comfort, i know, but you've had babies so you already have part wonder-woman status!

Aw thanks tara....i feel like a worn out super wonder woman and mum atm!

You know what.... people judged me when i said i was pg again.....but at the end of the day....it was DH and my choice....it wasnt a mistake 100%......we knew the risk and if it happened it happened...if not so be it.. and it did and i can tell u we hve never been more happy (well other then finding out we were having a baby first time round). I have now learnt thanks to all the lovely ladies on this forum.....stuff others.... u do whats right for YOU...!

Goodluck!!

Chelsea was a horror tonight at the hospital...so much i had to leave.. with tears streaming down my face. Then when we got to car she went to sleep...
    Thankfully when we got home i bathed and fed her..then bed!!! Now im relaxing...

Ann - alot of ppl say Emelia is a spitting image of me but then others can see my DP in her...when i look at my baby pics in some u would swear it was her!!

Kim - hope Dh gets well soon..u deserve a rest darl hope u get a good nights sleep.

well looks like im gonna be joining in with the packing, we have decided its time for a move, plus our landlord decided to up the rent another 20 bucks and didnt even let us know just sent down the new lease agreement to sign and we read it and noticed he upt the rent so not happy with him atm...oh well we were thinking on moving so probably a good thing just hate looking for houses im stressed all ready!!!

Emelia is pretty much over her cold which is great she is back to sleeping all night..this morning she woke at 7.30 so i went and got her and i was still half asleep so took her back into my bed and she fell asleep and let me sleep till 9.30!! i was kissing her saying thankyou for letting mummy sleep..she just looked at me a gave me a cute little confused smile lol !!

Kim - Oh Darlin' i hope things settle down for you with DH and Chelsea. He's in hospital and i'm sure in good hands. Sending you big hugs from Sydney...People are always so quick to express opinions/advice even when you dont ask. I've developed selective hearing for my own sanity.

Blanche - What a good girl. Its hard when they have a cold and cant tell us what they need.

Taralee - it would be nice to have two kids close in age they can share a lot more in life...

Vicky - I found the joy of Chocolate helps with my crankiness. treat yourself to something

Christy - hope Jovie goes back to her regular sleeping and eating patterns soon. (whatever that pattern is). Our cat troubles continue - He's wearing an eco collar (satellite) on his head because he keeps licking an old wound so its not healing properly. (looks pretty funn)

Ella's going well. Not sleeping in the pram anymore so we can only go out for a little bit and then come home for her daytime naps. Its fine with us it just means we're dashing around a lot. On the teeth front she's got two lump that you can see when she grins but they havent emerged as teeth yet.

Ann

it never rains ...it pours! arhhhghhghgh. Now having said that, I take a deep breath in, and out...

I'm so sorry Kim that DH is so sick. I really hope he gets better soon darlin. It makes all the things that I'm currently cranky about pathetic by comparison.

Ann - Ella is going to look sooo cute once those two little teeth emerge...a big girl. We are having problems on the animal front too... our 15 week old puppy wouldn't eat his breakfast this morning - when we came home from getting the airconditioner in the car looked at (my NEW car!! so not impressed) he still hadn't eaten it, so DH has taken him done to the vet cussing all the way a. that the puppy is sick - and b. that I didn't end up organising the pet insurance... somehow KNEW it would end up being my fault. Can you tell I'm feeling rather sorry for myself at the moment?

Blanche - good luck with the home hunting, and packing...thankgod by this time next week I shall be in our new home, and hopefully 85% unpacked.

Taralee - like Kim said, try not to worry about what other people think. its none of their business - different strokes for different folks. I remember a girlfriend of mine falling pregnant with her second relatively close to her first (i think they are about 15mths apart) and her being reluctant to tell me. lol...When I asked her why she said she was worried about what I would think. I laughed and said what works for you is what works for you, and that is what is important. It doesn't matter what I would do, or what I think for that matter. Same girlfriend, 9years on, was aghast when she found out I was pregnant with number 3. Everyone has an opinion, unless asked, or it directly affects them I think people should keep it to themselves - says I who in making that statement is giving an opinion...lol...I think I need more sleep at the moment. I'm starting to rave!

that said - I'm going to go and sulk, and try to be thankful that it is just the puppy sick and not DH (hugs kim)

awwww Vicky, whats wrong with your puppy?

Kim, you are a super woman Mummy atm. You are doing so incredibly well.

Hi girls... I should explain that I am the worst at personals & I do read everyones posts and I like everyone here too just that I am bad at commenting on everyone's posts. So please don't feel left out *hugs*

Okay... there must be some wonderweek going on or some growth/developmental thing. I can't get Jovie to sleep AT ALL. The last week has been awful for day sleeps & feeding. Give me strength!!!

HI Christy - not quite sure whats wrong with him. we were worried that he had eaten something that he shouldn't have - as puppies do! DH took him to the vet. No temp, and no pain when she was poking his tummy. He is teething (lol) and there are teeth gone, and new ones coming up... she gave him some "panadol" or puppy equivilant. He has eaten something this afternoon, we will just watch him and make sure that he is still pooing etc. if he doesnt then back to the vet tomorrow for xrays...just what I need to be doing - oh well. may as well not panic until I need to eh? like I said if its not one thing...

Aston has been better today, not feeding every two hours thank god. I've been exhausted. I hope Jovie settles down soon darlin, it looks like there is never going to be an end in sight...and then you turn the corner...but while your waiting to get there its bloody hard eh

kids have just gotten home so good bye from me...

Yuck Vicky... puppies react differently to teething, our Labrador was the biggest sook & would not eat for 2 days our other 2 dogs never showed any signs of teething. She also is a garbage guts & gets into rubbish all the time. As a pup we had to give her meds a few times for what we call at work "garbage guts". She also swallowed a My Little Pony head once & we had xrays etc to track it until it finally came out the other end *thank goodness* otherwise it would have been a huge surgery to go in & get it out.

Have a read in punching bag... I'm a bit over my Mum atm. She just keeps sending emails & letters saying for me to "relax" and that my PND, Jovie's reflux and Matilda's tantrums are all due to my behaviour.... gggrrrr. AND she won't stop commenting or referring to my extra 15kg.... ACK!

Olivia Guest

Sorry no replies for awhile ....still settling in to being home again.

Took the plunge and went to sleep school yesterday and they were lovely. I won't do everything, but Lugh is out of the wrap, out of my room and into a cot ....and I am sure he was ready ....but was I ...I went and slept in his room at one o'clock ..roughly the same sleep for him ... but I felt like a new person ...I could be loud in my room, turn the light on and off etc ...

Today he was BRILLIANT in the morning, no time to settle and lots of sleep, this afternoon our "routine" got stuffed by mothers group and and immunisation and now he is very grumpy and won't nap ....oh well....can't have it all ...I will try again tomorrow.

hope everyone is well ...esp Kim's husband and Kim...congratulations on the baby ...

aarrrhhh sorry guys i've been MIA.

Vicky you always make me feel like i can give you a big cuddle! your posts always make me feel good about my self, so thanks heaps hunny!! beleive me sometimes i wish i could just beam myself up to you!! i find it very hard as i'm yet to tell anyone i know about my PND so you guys are the ears! i go again next tuesday to my group, it's every fornight, i just dont think the group thing is for me, i barely opened my mouth the whole time, just didnt feel comfortable. for various reasons i find it hard to trust people with such issues and tend to keep these things in a little place in my head that surface when i least expect it. i'm feeling better about things though, but not sure if the meds are making me feel sick, so sick that i actually did a pregnancy test today jus to make sure!! of course it was neg. so along with the hair falling out and the nausea i'm a bit blah. i still have thought i shoudnt and that worry me, i want to talk but the only real person i feel like i can to is my MCHN whom i really like and feel comfortable, but io dont want to bother her with my problems, she is awear of everything as we have talked alot and has offered her ears to me, but i feel awkward approaching her again, she has better thing to do than listen to me.

KIM i hope your DH gets better soon, things must be very hard for you at the moment, when are you having another scan? bet you cant wait!!

CHRISTY :hugs: to you about your mum, i can understand the feeling surraonding not having the best relationship with your mum, you need her support not her critisism right now, you have to wonder how she or anyone else would c ope if they were in your shoes! your doing a great job with your girls, maybe she should dpend a day in your shoes!

BLANCHIE, i'm gald emilia arm is better it must be such a relief for you both and that the cold has gone, goodluck with the packing hun.

OLIVIA i'm glad sllep school went well, where did you go? we found it hard to move DD from bassinette to cot too!! makes them too grown up too soon.

ANN sophie is the dame in the pram, doesnt sleep so we also dah out so what we have to then home to sleep, or she sleeps in the car, no teeth for us yet, thought she was teething last weekend , she had a temp and there is a small white dot on her gum but i dont think it;s a tooth yet.

MEREDITH goodluck at northpark hun!! i'm thinking of you!!! yes we HAVE to catch up, next week not good but the week after starting 26th good, not mon or tues for us though. i didnt really click with anyone there, i felt like the other girls who knew each other were happier to talk about themselves a little too much, like "remember when i did this and remember when i did that". i dont want to be judgemental cos i'm not like that but they were not people i felt comfortable even being around. my drinks the other night were great, went down a treat and wayyy too fast!!, it's our
    5th wedding aniversary next week to willl have a few out at dinner, DH can drive seen as i've been the taxi driver for ages now

TARALEE i really expected AF to have returned by now as well, i'm breastfeeding but sophie sleeps around 13 hours overnight so i thought with not feeding for so long it would be back by now, but i'm not complaining!!

sophie is doing great,she rolled today back to front but we were making tea abd missed it!! we were devestated.
    Last edited by Olive; March 15th, 2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added

Hi AJP I've been wondering how you were doing. day by day...which is the best way to live anyway. (she says as her anxiety levels are through the roof!!!! and is snapping at everyone and everything) sigh. I'm glad I am able to make you feel better though hun, just hearing that makes me feel better...lol.

Christy - I just read your punching bag post. Mothers - what are they like!!!!!!!!! I have been having words with mine, she just loves putting a good dose of guilt on me when ever possible...I just pray and hope that none of my kids feel this way about me when they are older. The puppy is feeling better we think. He ate dinner. so it looks like its his teeth. Sook! $100 later....arghhhhh hopefully it will stay at only $100

Hi olivia, hope that Lugh is feeling better tomorrow...i'm so NOT looking forward to immunisation time again.

I'm about ready to blow I tell you. If my anxiety doesn't settle down after we have moved and I have unpacked I'm taking myself off to the doctor. I HATE feeling this way, its has been a long time since I have been this bad. And I'm sure it is because of everything that is going on... I feel like I'm about to lose it.

Think I will go and run myself a relaxing bath, and leave the packing for tonight. and keep saying to myself over and over...it will get done. it will get done. it will get done.
    sorry....

oh Vicky, you are having 2 of the most stressful events that could possibly happen in life, happening within 6 months of each other!!! OF course you are anxious!!! *hugs* Where are you again? Within a day trip for me I'll come & watch Aston, or you could travel here to get away from things for a day

awwww...Christy your lovely. I had a very warm fuzzy moment reading that. Thank you so much. When this move is finally over, and the dust is settled we will definately catch up, even if it is meeting half way. I'm on the sunshine coast, north near noosa. I went and had a long deep rose bubble bath last night, and read. helped immensly.

Our puppy Jake is still sick - and I think its more then teeth. He has what looks like mucussy with little streaks of blood, runny poos. he has eaten, but has done several of them this morning. the vet did say yesterday that it could be a dog version of gastro??? oh i don't know. so its back off to the vet when DH gets home. maybe have an xray to rule out that whether there is something in that shouldn't be!!! Dh wants me to find out if we can pay the bill off - and if not, talked about having him put down! I just said good bye, I'm going now, and hung up the phone. I feel sick - men - always to the extreme! Jake is not going anywhere!!!!!

i guess all the dull moments in my life will happen when I'm dead

I will be off line after this afternoon. will have to pack away the computer sooner or later. take care all, catch up with you all in the new house. lol

Thanks for everyone's kind words about being pg again...will do a test..eventually.
    I just cant believe what a hormonal mess I am. Evie just does not want to go to sleep. As so as i get her ready for a nap, she screams. i woke up so positive this morning and thought it would be all okay today with no troubles. Well of course as soon as i went to put her down for her nap she screamed, i (very very) quietly said 'oh for f**k's sake' and put her in her cot and walked out. She talked to herself (ever so cutely) for about 10 minutes let out a little cry, i went in and gave her a pat and she went to sleep. then i just cried out of guilt for being so grumpy with what, essentially, is such a good little baby.
    How's this for hormonal? The other day when she was crying and not going to sleep, i was so frustrated that i got ****ed at DH for not putting the curtains up....how random is that?!?!
    I know everyone's having troubles at the moment with sleep, puppies, husbands...but i guess we should just be grateful, it could be so much worse.
    Lets all try and have a group smile
    Last edited by christy; March 16th, 2007 at 11:21 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast