Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #6

Hope its not too bad for you today Vicky

Dont know if it was the pear i gave Cooper yesterday but boy he played up last night, just wouldnt go to sleep, screamed and screamed, i think though he was just so overtired that he lost it, eventually gave him a bottle to settle him down and he slept till 6am so wasnt too bad but i have no patience for screaming babies, luke ended up taking him and wheeling him around the house in his pram for a little while, DH offered to take him into bed but i knew that would make him worse as he likes the rocking of the pram

Then today he was just getting whingy and i put him into his bed and gave him a blanket that he pulls up over his face and all is quiet so he must of gone off to sleep, third day in a row i have been able to put him down in there ok, but only for one sleep a day lol, the others he wont do it

Evie played up last night too. All night i think there was a total of around 2 hours sleep and of course this morning she was all smiles. she screamed for about 1/2 and hour and then went to sleep around 7. It was a very very strange night, one i dont want repeated any time soon

hopefully you dont get a repeat of it again

it is soo quiet here today with luke at school and mason at daycare and Cooper asleep, oh and teenage nephew asleep still as well! should really wake him up lol but he doesnt have to go to school today

Chelsea slept like an angel

oh Belinda I hope Cooper isn't bad tonight for you.

Taralee sorry to hear about that awful night, I hope you can get some rest today while she is sleeping.

Kim fantastic!! Good for Chelsea!!!

Jovie is around 6.5kg now and going okay. She woke once last night which was good & I brought her into bed & she slept until 6.30am so that was fantastic. Matilda did well last night too. Today I just tried resettling Jovie so lets hope she goes back to sleep & passes this 45 minute barrier.... fingers crossed

Olivia Guest

well ...what a difference two days can make ...and a wrap ....Lugh has only woken once at around 2.30 for the last two nights ....and then slept til 6 ish ...so I am feeling LOADS better....but I know that things can change in a day so just enjoying the moment.

Now .....has anyone done loads of saftey proofing ?...I have been on at DH ever since I was pregnant to do it ...and he has never got round to it ....I dunno why but I just thought it was kind of a man thing ....and seeing as I do everything else (lol) ...I thought he might not mind ...sooooo I am going to make a start ...it seems like a big job...

In other news ...my mothers group has graduated to having it at our houses, or out, I am lucky they are really lovely ...I am a bit worried though about of 10 people and babies coming to my house ...

Baby proofing for us started when Matilda started exploring the house more. We started with basics like moving things out of reach & putting guards on power outlets. As she got older & got into more things, we started making more things safe. Then we reached an age where we would direct her more away from something. ykwim?

yes everyday i think about baby proofing just havent got around to it yet

OLIVIA ,CHRISTY and KIM i'm glad all your bubbas slet well last night, may it all continue!! hows the cot going christy?

BELINDA Cooper is sooo cute putting the blanket over his face!! must make him feel secure.

TARA i hope tonight gets better for you hun!

what sort of day sleeps are you your bubs having? sophie has 4 sleeps of around 45-60 mins everyday but would love her to have 2-3 longer ones, i've tried resettleing but to no avail.

Olivia Guest

AJP ...depending on the day/mood

1hr early morning

45 mins-2hrs late morning/early afternoon

45 mins - 1 hour mid afternoon

occaisionaly ...another at around 4pm ..of about 40 mins

so similar to Sophie ...resettling sux ...I normally give up pretty easy though ...as long as he has had 30 mins I can't be bothered any more to pat and pat and pat ...tomorrow is another day etc

ARRRGGGHHH!!!! We are back on this 'screaming the house down' instead of going to sleep for EVERY nap!! my SIL said that evie's in the habit of it now. what do you guys think? I was really hoping its just a phase that she'll get over but now i'm worried she has got herself into a habit of it

Olivia Guest

Hi

Taralee,Lugh has screamed since birth ...so I know your pain ....(lol) ...if she hasn't always done it then I would definantly say it's a phase...perhaps she's just a lot more aware of her surroundings, I think it will pass. Have you done something different in your routine lately ?

Ta Christy for the tips ...started moving stuff today,

Hey guys im back...would have been back on sooner but dramas with the phone lines..long story (lets just say not happy with phone company hopeless..)

ive missed alot!!! hope everyone is well

here..Emelia is good, she is amazing us with new little things latley, always laughing she has the funniest laugh!!! oh moving dont want to do that again in a hurry!

have a great weekend everybody

Hi Blanche - glad the move went ok. I had problems with the phone too! fun isnt it?? NOT!

Olivia, glad the rewrapping has helped. Had a shocker here last night but I think it was his needles, took heaps to settle him to bed to begin with. woke at 2.30 and fed, and went back to sleep, but do you think the mumma could!!! NO! was having one of those n ights where couldn't turn my brain off. Then Aston woke at 5.30 and was WIDE awake, and wasn't going back to sleep for love nor money. Got soccer this morning, so we are out and about in a bit. might have to have a nap later when the boy does.

As for baby proofing...i'm still unpacking lol. Are going to have my girlfriedn around with her little one, and "test" where I need to baby proof.

Taralee - oh isn't every one just free with advice - usually when you don't want it... habit - I'm not sure. could be just that she isn't needing as much sleep as she did when she was younger and is protesting loudly about being put to bed. How oftern are you putting her to bed for a snooze? just a thought anyway.

AJP - aston has about three sleeps a day - early morning, mid morning, then afternoon. mid morning one is usually the longest, up to 2.5- 3 hours sometimes. the others are about 45mins. usually depends on how long the mid morning one was will determine how long the afternoon one is. iykwim. How is that beautiful girl going? have you been putting her to bed a bit later?

Christy - Hows Jovie going in the cot? and is Matilida still wanting to "entertain" her when she is supposed to be sleeping? How are you going?

Kim - how is DH going? For that matter how are you doing? have you been back to the ob yet?

Belinda - hope cooper is doing better. Its such a guessing game at this age isnt it?

Meredith - how are you?? Hope you are ok and that sleep deprivation hasn't finally sent you over the edge. hang in there darlin...

Gigi- did you get a new car yet?

Ann - how is ella, any teeth through yet. I think aston has started to teeth actually. will have to check his gums today.

i think that is everyone if not, sorry.... gotta to go and get ready for the day. take care all and have a good weekend....

Hi guys.

I've been sick with the flu. (the one i thought i got rid of!) This time it has taken me a while to shake. I've been so achy, tired and sleepy and feeling resentful of DH for not taking time off from work dinners to help out in the evenings. I mean its no fun breast feeding a baby when you have a runny nose and a fever. Everytime i sniffle she pulls off and looks at me, which means milk goes everywhere - so frustrating. I know there's not much he can do about feeding but he could bath her and put her to bed. sorry to complain but i'm feeling so tired...

Vicky - Teething? She's still gumming everything she can get her hands on but they still havent emerged and are sitting just under the gums. Your new pics of Aston are GORGEOUS.

AJP - Ella sleeps a lot during the day. She stays awake for an hour before she starts to grizzle. Her first morning nap goes for 2hours. And between 10-12 she stays up for 2 hours but the rest of the day is so unpredictable it depends on how she slept at night. We've also gone back to wrapping her (this seems to make her sleep longer)

Taralee - I have noticed Ella's getting unsettled during the nights again. My *theory* (as i've noticed this with every new month) is that each new month is a new development milestone so their sleep patterns get disrupted.

Hope all other babies are enjoying the cooler nights. I know Ella's tummy rash is much better these days.

Ann
    Last edited by luua; March 31st, 2007 at 03:27 PM.

hi Ann... hugs darlin...its horrid when your feeling ick, and still have to deal with the demands of a baby. complain away darlin, if you cant here where can u?
    Thank you about the photos - I love the one in my signature. he had just woken up and was all sleepy eyed and peaceful.

Ella is so beautiful Ann - she is incredibly photogenic. I checked out your blog just before.

Hang in there darlin, I hope you are feeling better soon...In fact I hope we are all feeliing better soon....

hi guys, i'm just in here tinight to VENT about me mum

WE dont have the closest relationship, i'm the black black sheep in my family so things are often tense between me and the rest of my family. i just cant win, i try to make things better between us i.e drop up there to see them with sophie but when i always seen to be wrong about everything it really gets me down .
    i and DH often question why i even bother, i guess at the end of the day i only have one family, but....... i think a big problem with my parents is they cant express their emotion at all, i always say how beautiful, gorgeous and cute sophie is, deliberatly in front of her to MAKE her agree and say it too, but she just can bring herself to say it. my sisters dog gets talked about more than my daughter!!! . i have fantastic IL's who tell us they love us, in which i reciprecate, but my own parents cant even say it to me, i dont remember a single time in my life when my mum said she loved me. .
    i pretty much had to hang up on her tonight, could continue arguing with her over some trivial matter, though i'm meeting her tomorrow morning, something i regret oganising now.
    i know that she regrets our bad relationship and has left it a little too late to repair, but she's not helping acting like this to get things on track, not that i think it will ever get any better. have gotten used to things the way they are
    i feel i an finally getting my PND sorted and times like this just want to make me cry. i have a fantastic husband and a beautiful daughter i couldnt ask for anything more, just hurts thats all, a lot, always will,
    sorry to vent and not do personals, maybe tomorrow.

AJP vent away sweets. Mothers are so hard sometimes, mine is less than supportive about everything (or so it feels) that I do. When she was here after Jovie was born I actually said to her "Do you think you could say one positive thing about my parenting, and if not please refrain from talking!" I was so angry with her... she didn't talk for 2 days I just try to remind myself that I am different and my children will know it!

thats a good point christy, i'm determined to make sure things are different with my kids. my mum treats me like her mum treated her, she plays favourites, her brother was favoured and so is my sister,shes the golden child in my family. at least i recognise it and will change things. thanks love

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast