Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #6

Whoa where have i been?! i feel like i've been MIA for the past few days! Evie's sleeps seem to have settled again. What i've been doing is finding something for her to watch, like the fan or her mobile, which she talks to for a while then just nuzzles into me and falls asleep, sometimes i'm holding her for 20mins or so, but she's not screaming and sleeping well so i dont care!
    Belinda, i know it was ages ago, but you said cooper was really unsettled after u gave him pear. i've been told to drink pear juice if evie seems a little constipated so perhaps you giving him pear upset his tummy a bit - made him windy? just a thought.

4 month needles today. i nearly cry just thinking about her bottom lip dropping...i feel like a traitor!!!! anyways, hopefully she'll forgive me!

AJP-Hugs hun. I feel for you. Me and mum dont have the best r'ship either, never have never will, but she does say she loves me and is always fussing over Chelsea. What annoys me is she does indeed talk about my sisters kids alot more then Chelsea.....i hope things are ok today for your meeting.

Tara-Good luck with the needles today.. i hate it but at least its quick and they forget about it pretty soon after.....its the day Chelsea gets spoilt after her needles!!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We didnt do a real lot. Chelsea was bit of a handful....saturday night we went to friends place and by the time we got home she had turned into a nightmare....screaming and crying. So gave her 2nd bath for the night to calm her.. all was ok. Put her to bed and then walked away.... 10 mins later she was screaming so went into her room and she had rolled onto her tummy and vomitted all thru her bed. Was up her nose and all. SO 3rd bath for the night!! Ended up in our bed for the night and went to sleep straight away!

Next week she is booked into get some photos done with the people who took her newborn hospital photos!!!

Hey AJP, I really feel for you. My mum and i get along but my family is the same - not very close emotionally whereas my DH's family is very expressive about love and such. I think i went through what you're now going through a few weeks ago. i used to look at evie and be so much in love with her and could never imagine holding back love or doing anything to hurt her, and then i remembered to when i was little and wonder how anyone could go from being so loving to a little baby to being angry. I dont know, some of it may be hormones on my part.
    I think all you can do is tell yourself that, for the most part, parents do the best they can with what they know at the time. Your mother might not have known another way to convey love to you and now that you're older and are able to question her, she feels guarded and defensive. Just do the best you can now and try not to dwell on any negativity in your life. Now it's your turn to do the best you can with what you know.
    Be happy, honey

Needles weren't too bad. DH held her but her little screams were so heartbreaking the nurse told me to feed her to comfort her which seemed to help a bit, but she stopped crying when dh cuddled her (up yours, mum!!!) anyways, she was due for a sleep so i dont think that helped her, but at least she slept in the car and is still napping now. what a trooper

Wow you irls can chat - feel like I am struggling to keep up atm.
    One day is just merging with another IYKWIM!!

AJP - Sorry about the situation with your mum. I don't have much of a relationship with either of my parents. They are the no emotion type too. My dad's idea of showing affection is to give money. He does mean well but that is all he knows how to do.
    If you can't change what you have with her then at least you WILL change how you parent Soph. I won't say don't worry about your own family because of course you will always want things to be better but maybe accept your relaionship with thm and focus on trying to nuture their love for Soph - maybe your mum might find it easier to dote on her than you?

Olivia - hope the wrapping is still working for Lugh.
    Eeek at 10mothers in one house!! My mother's group is about 16 people so don't think we will ever all meet at anyones house

Vicky - how's that view? Glad Aston sleeping a bit better for you. Hope he keeps it up

Belinda - How's cooper after the bad night?

Tara - Crossing everything that you girls continues with the more sleep/less screaming. it is soo mentally and physically drainign to have unsettled baby

Ann - how's the flu? Hope you are feeling better.

Kim - how is DH?

Christy - Hope all is well with your little girls too. Is jovie on anything for the reflux? Sorry, you've probably said but my brain is like a sieve.

Logan's sleeping habits are still driving me crazy despite some improvement.
    Has taken now to waking at 12.30am ish for feed - settling again within 45mins but next feed at 4.30amish and WILL NOT go back to sleep. Takes me 1.5-2hrs by which time DH is heading off to work and I feel I may as well start my day. NOT my idea of wake up time at all but not sure how to deal with it.
    Day naps are improved. Still often wakes at 45mins but easier to resettle. I am getting sick of the resttel though - spending my entire day just trying to keep him asleep!!!
    If I don't then he is just cranky,cranky.
    Having his 4mth vaccinations next week and dreading how it will disrupt the vague sleep routine we have got going.
    Anyway, enough whinging from me - I do really love him to bits and much as I am grumpy/sleep deprived, he is a much happier baby since getting more sleep.

HI girls,

I went to my mother and baby group today, which was pretty good. there were only about 6 of us there today, so it was more intimate.

Aston was a little bit unsettled over the weekend, which i think was to do with his needles, still waking in the night though - I think I am going to see if he settles himself back to sleep tonight before I jump up to him.... can only see what happens eh.

Meredith - the view is breath taking, and when I feel my anxiety levels climbing (which they seem to be dong a lot lately) I go to one of the windows and gaze, and remember to slow my breathing... Hugs hun, i know that sleep deprivation feeling oh so well... thankfully aston is sleepng better in the day, i think I'd go nuts if he wasn't.

Taralee - isn't good once the needles are over?! Aston cried, but not as much as the first time. I hope she is ok for you over the next few days.

Kim - hope Chelsea is more settled today for you. HOws your bump progressing?

AJP - there is nothing like becoming a mum to bring your relationships with your parents completely in the spot light. Like you said, you know that you will do things differently. I know that I have - its been my main mission for jsut that. Doesn't make you feel any better though at the time. Are you getting any counselling with the PND? That helped alot for me, put things into perspective and helped me find solutions and ideas of how I wanted to parent. if that makes sense.

Not having broadband is driving me slightly demented...it takes so long to get the computer connected and running.,. sigh.

well domesticity is calling....

morning ladies, I hope you all had relatively good nights.

I am hoping to get through some of the things on my to do list today...the one that never seems to end!!

We are having a naming ceremony for Aston in May, so the celebrant is coming this morning. Hopefully he won't be here for too long, so I can get some other stuff done.

Aston woke twice last night - 11, and 3 and the only thing that puts him back to sleep is feeding him. I'm over it though. If he was on the light side, fair enough - but the boy is a heavy weight, so he doesnt need feeding - feel like I'm being used as a human dummy.... not sure what to do about this one. do I keep doing it - or do I try and break the habit that it seems to be becoming? so many questions, no easy answers....

Ah wats a good night?? Chelsea just hates going to bed now... she will fall asleep having her bottle then as soon as she gets into bed its play time?? So now we have to go back to the newborn stage where i rock her to sleep...during the day even. She is so needy.... wants her cuddles, to be held, 100% attention on her. Cries and screams all day and nothing i do will calm her....its doing my head in!!

We are getting Chelsea baptised in a few months time.....we just dont know if we should have it down here and risk no one making the effort to travel down or have it up in NSW where we know family and friends will come...but then our friends down here wont come up?? arghhh!!!

Vicky- Bump is going nicely thanks.....i can notice my tummy already.....in between the pre/post baby fat and the new baby bump there is something there!! Its nice actully....but i can tell by the end im going to be huge.....

DH still sick but on the mend... had more blood tests next week.

Only 2 weeks til we start playgroup and im soo excited!!!

Kim - Ella was like that these days too. Just wanting 100% attention or else she has a fit. Makes it difficult in the car. All the crying peaked at 4pm yesterday when i had to rock her to sleep. The second i put her down she would cry. So i smeared some Bonjela on her lower gums and she quietened down instantly and fell asleep on her own in 2 minutes flat.

This morning i saw that elusive tooth come out (again) so the teething must be troubling her. I remember when my wisdom teeth were coming out and how painful they were...I'm sure thats why she needs the extra cuddles. So i'm not sure if this little tooth will stay out or get covered back over by gums but it looks like teeth are just around the corner.

Glad to hear DH is finally on the mend

AJP - Big Cuddles. I'm in the same situation too. IL's are great (almost too eager) and my mum stands back from Ella (unless i ask her to hold her). I'm sure you will break the cycle of playing favourites. You are doing a great job and love you bubs unconditionally and that's what counts!

Vicky - so jealous of that view. I think about it during the day when i look out onto the construction site next door...

Meridith - Hope logan's sleep patterns settle for you soon.

Taralee - glad to hear the needles went well. No fever?

Ann

Olivia Guest

Yay Kim ...for the new baby, for playgroup and for DH getting better ....poor you with Chelsea ...hopefully she will calm down soon, two weeks ago Lugh was a shocker ...and he is about 2 weeks older than Chelsea ..so maybe it's a growth spurt ...

Meredith - Wrapping is going really well, he can't knock the dummy out, so he is sleeping MUCH longer ...during the day, at night he is the same as before NZ ...6 to 7 hours sleep, then a feed, straight back to sleep and wakes 5.30 - 7.00. I am waiting til he is 6 months and then I am going to gently get rid of the dummy and the wrap...he is even ...and I never thought I would say this ...settling himself....so I put him down awake in his cot, put the dummy in, kiss hime goodnight and HE DOSEN'T CRY !!! and puts himself to sleep, this has happened about 5 times now ...hooray ....but like everything ....it's good for now ...but it could all change so quickly.

I feel for you with Logan and I know excatly how you feel, but those little improvements will grow to big improvements soon enough .....one thing I think helped me was realising that trying heaps and heaps of different things to make Lugh sleep made things worse and that if I do something consistently, he seems to be calmer ...so I do excatly the same routine, day and night, same song, same kind of wrap, same cot etc

but like I said, it could go down hill tomorrow.

Vicky - I understand, my boy is over 8 kg as well, and just wants to eat and eat ...I am constantly thinking am I misreading his cries or is he really this hungry.

Tara - I'm glad Evie is sleeping and well done for getting DH to do the needles ...my DH wouldn't be able to stand it ...he is so soft ....lol.

AJP - My Mum is a complete headcase ...part of why I am here and she is NZ, but I love her and I wish it was better with us too ....not easy.

Everyone ....have a great day.

Goodmorning everyone,

Vicky - good luck with organising the naming cermony...wat things could u try to get him out of feeding at night? ppl have told me that they gave there bubs water instead of boob ..but i dont know lol im not much help sorry

Kim- Emelia sounds the same as Chelsea..when she goes to bed she thinks its play time, last night we were at my mums for dinner, she was acting really tired, so we left and on the way home she fell asleep got her in her cot about 5 mins later she woke up with a new lease on life and all she wanted to do was play :S great to hear ur DH is on the mend. wow i wish i had a pregnant belly again i miss it!! not ready for another bub just yet!!

i haven't been having very good nights lateley with Emelia just dont understand y she is waking..she's not hungry, i change her nappy etc but nope she still continues to wake, saturday night was that bad i had to ask my mum to look after her for a few hours so dp and i could catch up on sleep. other days i try to sleep when she does but she only sleeps for half n hour so not worth it plus i have to do other stuff :/ cant win lol orry im whinging

hope everyone is well

Hello girls!!! Sounds like not many are being good sleepers! Jovie only slept for 15 minutes this morning & I thought I was going to fall over I was so tired... but I took her to acupuncture & fed her up & she's been asleep for 15 minutes so far *fingers crossed*.

One thing I think is our little ones are starting to be more and more aware about their surroundings, so if we are taking them to their beds they know. At night Jovie will whimper when we walk into the bedroom and start chatting when she goes into her cot. But we sort of roll her on her side & pat her bottom & she falls asleep without worry... this is only at night though. We ignore her "I'm awake" facade and she generally gives up quickly because she's tired. During the day though, urgh could go on and on for hours of resettling & no relief.

Evie is just being a little clown. She laughs at everything and then when i go to put her down for a nap she talks so loud and thinks it's hilarious!
    She had a little bit of a fever after the needles, but once she had some panadol and a good sleep she was right as rain again. she did have quite big red lumps from the needles though but they didnt seem to bother her too much.
    She's back to having 2 feeds during the night now which is a bit of a pain but Ive noticed she's not eating as much as she used to during the day. she's still putting on weight and is happy though so i'm not too worried, i'd just like it if she only woke once at night!
    i dont know if any of you have tried this for your own sanity, but when evie's really unsettled and not sleeping, i just keep smiling at her and quietly chatting about non-sensical type things, i found that rather than being all agitated she goes to sleep a lot happier - which makes me feel better! it is hard cos sometimes i just want to give up but staying positive really seems to help...try it next time!!!
    Kim - evie's being Baptised on Sunday, all my fam is in WA so i know how you feel. The thing I have learnt is to do what is easiest for you, if you give people enough notice those who want to will make the effort.
    Sorry i dont usually do personals, this was meant to be my year for being a better person and remembering people and important things but considering i missed my best friends birthday a couple of weeks ago i've realised good intentions arent enough; so just realise i read everything and if i can help then i try to.

LOL Tara at doing personals everytime, we just can't every time, so don't worry. I don't take it personally

I can never keep up so i dont do personals all that often!!! You ladies chatter alot...and always something going on!!!

LOL Kim thats true always something.

Jovie's been not sleeping during the day again & its awful. I made DH come home from work early today because I feel very fluey & have to teach puppy preschool so I needed a sleep. Jovie screamed the entire hour that I was trying to get Matilda to sleep... Tara I tried to sing nicely to her & smile but she just screamed no idea why. She did a huge poo this morning & this arvo, but other than that nothing exciting.

I just got things organised to go out to dinner with DH on the 19th YAY!!! Its our 10 year wedding anniversary now I just have to find somewhere very very yummy....

We had huge poos on Monday too. Two of them. they were mega stinky.

Ella woke up this morning with two teeth! they are poking out and are razor sharp (ouch! my poor boobs). She's now sticking her tongue out a lot and running her tongue over her new weapons. And drooooling like a tap.

The nurse says i have to now start washing her teeth with a wash cloth. Lucky Ella likes to eat her wash cloth.

Ann
    Last edited by luua; April 4th, 2007 at 06:35 PM.

Luua- Maybe im wrong but should your ticker say 'Arrived 5 Nov 06' not 07?? How cute she has teeth!!! I do feel for ur poor boobies tho.....does she bite??

Chelsea is loving her big poo's....wen i smell one i say ' Have u done stinky bums Chels' and she gives me a huge grin and giggles.....but if she hasnt she just stares at me like im silly!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast