Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #9

awww poor Evie... its so sad to see them sick for the first time.

LOL at Chelsea's poo.... well thankfully its come out!
    Ann, I found with starting solids their poo's change a lot in the first few months.

hmmm Tara... I had a c/s with Matilda and didn't have that afterwards & I have yet to have a period this time. I'm really surprised actually that I haven't. Well I know if that happens that it is normal at least. Although I was anal about pelvic floor exercises afterwards especially after my tear.

sleeping now, but watching temp, if it goes up i'm going straight to the hospital.

christy i did heaps of pelvic floor exercises too so i dont know whats going on!

TARA i hope evie gets better soon!! poor bubba

OMG Emelia fell off the lounge i feel so bad i looked away for second when DP said something i feel so terrible she seems fine and only cried a little i think mainly from shock (i cried more than her i think) i feel like the worst mother

oh Blanchie *hugs* its awful isn't it? Matilda rolled off a bed at 4 months and DH was devestated & Jovie fell off the lounge on the weekend, at least she fell onto a padded floor because we had the fold out kids lounge there, but she got a shock.

I hope Emelia recovers *hugs* I remember when Matilda did it & I felt awful & came on BB and I think most of the baby buddy group had it happen within a month of each other. At least it wasn't a change table!!!

Hi - I feel a bit strange about posting seeing as I have been "on" BellyBelly for over a year and have never quite had the courage to post..

My little girl was born on the 25th November and I love reading this thread - someone always manages to answer something I would be wondering about!!

Anyway, I was just wondering if any of your bubs are not interested in their feet, I put them into her hands and she just looks at me like I am mad (hmmm she obviously won't share my passion for shoes?!?) She also isn't quite rolling, but looks like she is almost there..

She has also figured out how to tell me if she doesn't like something - it involves a high pitched squeal and she straightens her body while arching her back.. Anyone else have this experience?? Can she really be throwing a tanty at 5.5mths ??

Thanks

Hi Iberru...welcome.. never be scared to post!!!

Cant help ypu on the feet issue..Chelsea loves eatting her toes... and showing mummy and daddy what a gymnast she is!!

Your little one will get the hang of rolling soon enuf..i on the other hand cant stop her from rolling!!!

Chels makes grunting noises when she does not like something.. and most definately chucks wobbleys at us if she doesnt get her own way.... best eg is in the bath when i take the face washer off her.... its on for young and old then! LOL

In other news girls ill let you know about my horrible Hospital check up today:

Ive just returned from the hospital...the Dr said I cant find a heart beat... tears welling in my eyes... but she said DONT WORRY im like WTF do you mean dont worry.... then she went and got another dr.... he couldnt find it either....finally a better doctor who delivered Chels came in and FOUND IT.....by then i had tears in my eyes, cry like a baby.... Chels was in her pram saying "bubba, Bubba". I tell ya thats one of the most scariest 45 mins in my life.....but all is ok... i think?

OH kim hugs that would have been horrible im glad they found it in the end..when is ur next ultrasound?? very cute though Chelsea sitting in her pram say bubba bubba!

welcome iberru..Emelia was born on the 25th too she doesnt like eating her feet but she loves playing with them, she helps when im changing her nappy she will lift them and hold them in her hands so i can wipe !!!

with the rolling as soon as u put her on her back she will roll onto her tummy and play with toys but she doesnt roll around everywhere..she is starting to bring her knees up now. Ur DD will get there keep watching cos she will do when ur not watching!! i nearly missed Emelia!!!

Emelia loves to squeal all the time no matter weather she is happy or sad! (i get alot of strange looks in the shops!) she chucks tantrums all the time if she drops a toy from her walker she will scream if u take something off her she will scream!! she kicks her legs very cute but frustrating!

What is ur bubs name?

Next scan @ 19 weeks Monday 28th May 945am!!! I soo cant wait.... need to see this bub to believe s/he is safe and well!!

Chels does that too Blanche.. holds her feet while being changed... but does not like putting them down so i can do her nappy up!!

Oh Kim - poor thing. Sounds like bubs was moving around running away from the stethoscope.

I told DH & mum's group that your babies are talking and they were all very impressed!

Iberru- Hi and welcome. BB is a great place to hang out and pick up all sorts of useful info and advice. Ella loves playing with her feet mainly because i cant stop kissing them i think! She already has a collection of shoes but were still waiting for her to grow into them

Blanchie - They move quickly! Wait till she starts crawling...it will be great work out for us mums Ella still is on her back but she's doing this *humping* thing when she's on her tummy. like she's trying to arch her back...

AJP - enjoying all the new pictures of Sophie. She's adorable.

Well it looks like Ella's slowed down with the solids. After putting on 500gms in a week she's now gone to not opening her mouth and will ONLY eat apple+rice.

Ann

Thanks for the welcome,

My littlie's (actually she is 8 kilos so not THAT little anymore) name is Alessia (like Alexia but with an "ss" instead of an "x")..

I have started Gymbaroo to help get her moving a little more, guess you can't get too hung up on all the milestone stuff if she is doing everything else..

Isn't it amazing that you can start to see personaity comming through, they certainly know what they like, have their favourite toys and also have moods (she woke up in a bad mood this morning and wasn't happy even when doing all the things that normally get her giggling then her afternoon uptime had her belly laughing without much effort at all!!)..

Kimbaz -OMG you have almost reached the halfway mark.. sorry you got such a big scare, it is not a nice feeling. I am really looking forward to having number 2 (cluck cluck)..

Blanchie - she will probably save it for when she is having playtime with Dad grrrr

Hi and welcome iberru, like Ann said i'm sure you'll pick up lots of useful things (once u wade through the banter - mostly on my part i must admit).

Hows Emelia doing Blanche? I'm sure she'll be fine, kids are rubbery like that! did you see that kid (i dont know how old he was maybe around 4) who fell off a 3 and a half storey balcony while playing superman? he's fine..i thought that might make you feel better

Kim, i'm so sorry about your horrible time at the hospital...my heart was pounding when i read your post!! whew! thank goodness! i went for an ultrasound for my endo once and they thought i was pg when i wasnt...so it just goes to show! who really knows whats going on in there!

Well evie's developed a full blown cold after all that. her eyes are watery and her cough sounds like shes been a chain smoker since birth! she also has a little baby runny nose which is so cute but obviously so frustrating for her cos she keeps rubbing it..she looks like a little rabbit - too cute!

Any advice on giving panadol? i can never seem to do it without her either choking on it, spitting it out or both. and she always looks at me with such a betrayed look on her face that i just keep apologising!

I hold Chelsea's head back and Craig squirts...lol... or i squirt half in... give her some water/milk.. then the other half... then more water or milk... she never spits it out... in fact loves it i think.....

Only time she will spit it out, is if her head isnt back enuf (when Craig is helping).

Poor baby Evie.. i hope she gets better soon.... Chels has a snotty nose but wont let me pick the snots out...lol... she screams when i go to!

omg falling from a 3 1/2 storeys ***** makes me feel a little better thanks

i give Emelia her panadol from one of those sucker thingos iykwim i got mine from her demazin medicine they are so much easier than the stupid suringe they give u in panadol.

Ive only ever used the dropper thing that comes with the panadol...lol

TARA i think you cna get dummies that can hold medicine!!

BBL dinner ready!!

Ella has hers in little squirts too...but i also think she likes it

One of the mum's in our group has a baby that vomits at the taste of panadol (even tried to lace some boob milk with it - but still throws it up.) Now he's 8kg he can take a suppository in his butt. apparently it works like a dream.

Ann

Really everytime i buy the panadol it comes with a syringe, wonder if its different over here cant see y? weird!! lol

but yeah i always make sure her heads back but she seems to suck on it herself and sucks it in!!

omg Emelia is doing my head in i just dont know wat to do? :s she is constantly grizzling i know its not her fault... i just went into her cos she was screaming hysterically she had rolled over, so i rolled her back over put some bongela on and she looked like she was going to go back to sleep but nope she keeps grizzling i just dont know wat to do ive tried bongela, brauers and panadol and just doesnt seem to help her, u can see the teeth under the gums but they are giving her so much pain they better be coming lol

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast