Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #9

Thanks Tara - my tip for baby panadol is to ask the pharmasist for an another syringe, I find that the one that comes in the panadol packet is really hard to administer slowly..

I put Alessia into her swing/bouncer thing and aim the syringe for the inside of her cheek (about half way in) and then give her the dose in little squirts, removong the syringe each time so she has a chance to swallow it.. Once I am finished I give her the dummy to have a suck on so that it all goes down (and importantly, stays down). Then I give her a clean dummy that won't taste too much like panadol till she stops pulling faces..

good luck - hope your little girl gets better soon

poor bubbies nothing worse than not been able to help them!!!!

sophie hates panadol,i squirt then follow up with a boobie chaser!!! dont really work!! she also hates bongella!!

Welcome Iberru!!!!

Thanks everyone. Why dont they make a flavour-free one? duh!\
    AJP that photo of Sophie is the cutest!!
    Blanchie - have you tried one of those teether things that looks like a dummy but instead of having a rubber teat it is shaped to fit along the gums and u can put bonjela on it or put it in the fridge so it gets cold and its quite soothing. Go to the happy baby website and it's called a gummy teether
    They are about $5 and i got one just from the chemist. worth a try if u havent already.
    Last edited by taralee; May 17th, 2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: took out website - sorry!

i've been meaning to get one of those too TARA!! must do that!!

yer it's a great pic!! thanks love!! i love evie in her jcacket!! are they ears on the hood???

i'd take the link out before christy gets on here!!

How cool.. ive not seen them before...will have to invest in one!!

Thanks Tara i have seen them before will have to grab one not sure if it will work as she spits her normal dummy out lol but ill try anything atm..tomorrows a new day lets hope its a good one

I'm back!!! I have the house to myself for what seems like the longest time ever! Kids are at school, inlaws are now at a resort, DH out with them feeding the dolphins in tin can bay, aston rolling around the study floor, and is eating the curtains! and Me - catching up with copious amounts of reading! lots been happening with you and your bubs. never stops does it?

I think there are two new people in the group - welcome to you both. one with a boy, and one with a girl? I think. Sorry, I can't remember your names.

AJP = I love the photos you have been putting up of Sophie - she is just gorgeous! Her little top knot is just the cutest. Aston has been rolling around the lounge room for the last 2 weeks. he is never where I leave him now! and there has to be someone in there with him - I'm sure I'm going to find him pulling all the CD's out soon.

Ann - any more teeth for Ella? Aston loves standing too - and bouncing! The top two teeth are do close to breaking through its not funny - and have been driving him mad - and me too! I got some teething rings yesterday, so hopefully that will offer him some relief. He seems to be worse with them in the afternoon - like its been bothering him on and off all day, and then he just gets to the end of the day, and is like enough already make it stop mum!

Christy - hope that getting Matilda allergy tested brings some relief for you there. Sometimes its so hard to know what is the "right" thing to do isn't it? I swear I spend most of my time second guessing my decisions in regards to all my children!! How is the beautiful Jovie going? are you still bF?

Blanche - Have you recovered from Emelia's fall? Its horrible isn't it? But the first of many to come. Wait til she starts toddling, and falls over and bumps her head. Laura fell over and smack her head on the corner of a wall when she first started walking, and has a scar in the middle of her forehead. Worst thing was that she was at her grandparents at the time, and I came to pick her up and she had this HUGE egg on her head and split.

Tara - hope evie is feeling better. Its horrible when they aren't well, and they just look at tyou like please fix it mummy. I haven't been able to use tampons since I had laura. I only use them when I'm going swimmng now. I have endo as well, and they make me cramp heaps, so I stopped using them.

Kim - I cant beleive you are nearly half way. How quick has that gone!!! BTW what is an airwrap??

Hello everyone else. I hope you are all well, and that your babies are thriving!

Its been very hectic for the last week and half. Has been lovely getting to know my FIL and his partner, but full on. Its so lovely to be able to just sit this morning and do nothing. We are going to stay in Noosa for 4 days from tomorrow at a resort, the same one that they are staying at. The kids are excited - I'm apprehensive. probably becaause I'm the one who has to get everything organised. What I would love to do is NOTHING for a week. but I guess the will have to wait til after next wednesday when DH goes back to work, and the inlaws fly away. oh well....

well i guess this post is long enough now! take care all

The ABA gave me some advice when Ella was biting during the feeds and suggested a cold flannel or a clean wet finger and massage the gums. When i put bonjela on i give her gums a good rub. Even though her teeth came up a the front Ella seems to be more annoyed by the teeth in the back. (keeps putting her teething toys and my finger at the back of her mouth)

iberru - good idea about asking for another syringe. I hate panadol ones it kind of EJECTS the whole dose in the mouth which makes them cough. Apparently its so sweet to hide the bitterness...yuck.

Tara - do they work? they look like little baby mouth guards LOL

Yay Ella slept well. (so mummy slept well) She woke for a 12am feed and then again at 6.15am. I'm not taking her arms out since wrapping her these days frustrates her when she can replace the dummy herself.

Yesterday we had hysterical tears... didnt know what was wrong. I tried bonjela and was about to go for the pandol since she seemed to be in pain. Turned out she was doing a poo and was very emotional about it. She went off to sleep once the deed was done, her nappy changed and got a big hug from mum.

Ann

Kim - How's the airwrap going? still worth buying?

Ann

welcome back VICKY!!!!!! glad allwne well with the inlaws!!!! aston muct be the same as sophie, off everywhere, i found her under the kitchen table the opther day, she just rolls and rolls!!!
    ANN sophie does the same sticks my finger down the back of gums, but no teeth at all for us

lol AJP - does she get "stuck". Aston does. He hasn't quite figured out yet that all he has to do is roll the other way to unstick himself. He has a lovely time playing with laura and nathan. they lay down on the floor, and he rolls his way over to them.

Aston's gums are really hard at the back too Ann - which surprised me - those teeth come up last! but obviously move up into the gums now - he is so fussing about at the breast, if its not his mouth hurting, there is something REALLY interesting to look at!! makes feeding very interesting. have to move away from everyone now when I 'm feeding him, or he is off and on to add his two bits worth!

I started giving him food this week too. We were out last week, and he grabbed some food out of DH hand and wasn't giving it back in a hurry, so I thought that was a pretty good indicator that he wants to EAT! he has been fine with it. only rice cereal at this stage. I had forgotten how much fun carrying around food is!! NOT! breastfeeding is sooooooooooo much easier. it spoils you - so that when you do have to start carting stuff around it takes you a while to get your head around it.

Hi girls,
    Welcome Iberru - don't get to worried regarding "milestones". Each baby is an individual and will do things in their own time. Logan does love his feet although not putting them in is mouth since he bit himself.. LOL!! Logan starting rolling at 3mths but then stopped and only does it very occasionally now. Guess I should be thankful he will still be where I put him (for the time being)

Tara - How's Evie's cold? Its horrible when they are all snuffly - very hard for them to feed and sleep

Kim - You poor darl with that horrible hospital visit. I would have been beside myself and demanding an u/s straight away!!

Blanchie - Hope you have better luck with the panadol. How is Emelia's arm BTW?

Vicky - Have fun In Noosa. At least try and enjoy the sun and time away.

Not much news to tell here. Still contemplating starting solids. Will get to it in the next couple of weeks but is just another thing to squeeze into the day!
    Sleeping is up and down still. Last night he was up from about 3am-5am. Cheeky devil was fairly happy for a lot of that time - chatting to himself until he realised he was bored,tired and without dummy. I gave in and brouht him into bed with us around 4.30am just to try and get some sleep. Little Monkey wouldn't stop giggling!! DH and I couldn't help but laugh back

lol meredith at the giggling...sometimes when aston wakes around 4, 4.30 I will go into him, and he is WIDE awake, and the arms start going and chatting starts. I try not to look at him, give him a feed with out conversing, and hope with fingers crossed that he will go back to sleep! if DH goes in, he can't help himself and will talk to him. well thats it then, in he comes to our bed, where he strokes both our faces, and has a chat til he realises that noone is answering, and eventually falls back asleep

Ann- Best $50 i have ever spent on that Airwrap!!! Love it and so does chels... she plays beek-a-boo over it...lol

Vicky-WB hun! An airwrap is similar to a bummer all round the cot, stops summies, arms and legs...and best of all its able to be breathed thru....SIDS recommemded i beleive. Google Airwrap in aust... and they have a site....well worth getting one. And chels has less head knocks now cos its semi padded!!!

Ann- i havent had much luck with the gummy teether but a friend of mine has, evie seems to be content with chewing on a wet washer at the moment so maybe when her teeth are well and truly on the way then she might use it more. LOL at the "emotional poo"
    Vicky - i always noticed my cramps were a lot worse when using tampons but for some reason thought i just had to deal with or i was just overreacting or something, but good to know someone else noticed it too! Enjoy your 'alone' time!
    Meredith - Logan sounds just like Evie - being up around 3-5. it seems that way every night and even though i make sure she's not cold/hungry or whatever, shes always up at that time! maybe its a developmental thing?
    Oh i try to do personals and get so mixed up and self-absorbed! so sorry girls!
    BTW yes they're ears on top of Evie's hoodie in pic

Kim - thanks for that info! I have been at a loss as to what to do with Aston, as he has been rolling around in the cot, and getting his legs stuck in the bars, even in the grobag! I will definately be looking out for that one!

don't apologise Tara - i think this is the only place that you can be self absorbed and not get hassled for it! so go right ahead!

Meredith - Emelia's arm is going really good she uses it alot now, still is not 100% normal because she can't lift it over her head when sitting up (to do with gravity) but if u looked at her u wouldnt know anything was wrong..we go back to docs again next month he said she may need shoulder surgery later on down the track, like when shes 2-3 because sometimes bubs with Brachial Plexus injuries can dislocate there shoulder easy. i still do physio on her arm everyday..getting alot harder now that she can roll off!!!

Sorry for being nosey Blanche but what happened to Emelia's arm?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast