Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #4

Still here Hoody! PMSL about the dog food. Just goes to show you can't leave them for a second cos they will get up to absolutely no good. Have had a rough couple of nights with the flu now (will it ever end?). It seems like one illness after the other. First DH got it and acted like an 11 month old baby, in fact, Caden actually handles it much better than him . High temps, cough, feeling like being hit by a train. Now Caden and I have it, high temps, cough, train, etc Very rough as DH doesn't seem to get that when WE are sick, he must look after us, not the other way round). He is so impatient sometimes and a little bit unreasonable. I am quite irrational myself at the moment due to only having 4 hours sleep for the last couple of nights, being sucked dry by Caden during the night, and having the flu myself. Not much tolerance for selfish husbands I hate it when he gets up in the morning and whinges about the hour that he heard Caden crying. I mean, HEARD being the operative word as he was tucked into bed snoring his head off! MEN!!

Well, on a more positive note we have our party plans in full swing. I am so looking forward to it, it should be great (providing these bugs disappear). I have been working about a day and a half each week which puts DHs nose out of joint a little as he has to watch Caden for a couple of hours on a Friday, but personally I think it is good for him. He is always comparing himself to other dads saying they don't spend nearly as much time with their babies as he does . I just wish he would grow up and get over himself sometimes, but like I said, I am mildly demented due to lack of sleep...

It looks like just the two of us Hoody. Maybe we should change it to Hoody and Dragonbub Babies thread, heh heh. I guess if it stays this quiet we may have to consider joining with October or December bubs. I sometimes duck into the October thread as that is when Caden was born, it seems to move pretty fast in there but is a bit harder to keep up.

Have a great weekend!

DB- i get what you mean about DH's they really can be unreasonable at time BTDT before but my DH is actually alot better now than he was when we just had dd1. I actually went and got my hair done this morning and left him with both dds awake....lol (normally i will make sure Molly is in bed etc if i am leaving them both.) He had to dress, feed and generally entertain them for about 3 hrs, i also left a list of chores such as emptying the dishwasher and washing etc. When i got home i got a big hug and told he doesnt know how i ever get anything with them both I am so glad he openly told me it was hard for him as thats how it is for me everyday. He also had unexpected visitors to look after too
    Sorry to hear you are still unwell you really have had a tough couple of weeks. You may be tired and a little irrational but i am sure you are coping fine.

Nothing much to say here on our front still doing the same old things etc. Molly is gettign cheekier daily though i think. Loving her finger foods esp the ones that DD1 slips her whilst my back is turned etc She now loves biscuits and twisty's etc Oh well not what i'd let her have but at least DD1 likes to share.

Hi just a quick note to let you know i am going to be posting in the Dec babies thread from now on as its too quiet in here. I will pop in though and if ppl start posting again then so will i. I can always be PM'd, emailed or if you want to contact me through face book thats fine also. If not i'll see you around the forums. (maybe back in here one day if as i said ppl start posting again)

Take care all and DB do keep in contact

Hello all,
    I am following suit with Hoody and have moved myself to October thread. It is so quiet in here, although so busy in there I can hardly keep up! Of course I am always around if anyone wants to PM me or just drop into October and we can chat.

Good luck to all mummas and bubbas!

Hello all,
    Just doing a quick post in here cos the October thread moves so fast and I miss you guys. I know there is probably no one out there to read this, but it feels nice to be back "home" so to speak!

Caden is going so well atm. He is gearing up for his first birthday next Friday, I can't believe it has almost been a year! This time last year I was only 36 weeks pregnant, had just finished work, and had no idea I would have a bubba in one week Life seems to be going so fast.

I am back at work soon also, which brings with it it's own worries and fears. I am really looking forward to it though and have caught up with my boss recently to confirm dates etc.

Not really thinking seriously about another bub just yet, but starting to wonder what it would be like. I guess as the gap widens between when he was a little bubba and a little boy widens, it will become much more of a reality.

We are planning on moving further south (closer to work) in about 6 months and will rent for a while as we build. That should be better as the drive to work wont be as long.

Am also considering doing my MBA starting next year. Not sure if this is really going to get me to where I want to go, but I am itching to get some more study done and the Psych degree isn't really doing it for me. I only have 3 units to go, and I probably should just finish it before taking on more study. Ho hum, I guess time will tell?

Well, enough of the verbal dump, it feels good to just get things off my chest and even though no one is listening, it feels more like the appropriate place to do it.

Hey hun,

I am listening, and I was kinda too lazy to post anywhere else even though it is so quiet here (I took a look at the Oct and Dec ones and ran and hid They have more posts in day then this one in a week )...

GL on the studies.. I totally gave up, and won't be taking it up again just yet. We are hoping to extend our family next year, more DH's choice than mine. I'm just having the same fears about everything before we decided to TTC DD.

I hear you on the time getting away.. I keep telling myself that I must organise a party, but keep putting it off thinking there is plenty of time. I was so in wind down mode this time last year, and work was just that place I drove to everyday!

I have started a new job and am hating being away from Kim. I was ok in my last job cause I knew what I was doing, but this one, I am having severe separation anxiety when she is in DC.. Am fine if she is with DH, or any of our family, but I actually cried when dropping her to DC the other day...

Anyhow, must be off.. Feeling a bit blah at the moment and want a good nights sleep before DH heads off to work in the morning..

Hey Heather,
    Sorry you are feeling blah! Does your DH want to start trying soon? I have the opposite really, DH doesnt' want to try for years and years, but I will see how we go this time next year. Like I said, we are planning on moving and building, so will wait until the dust settles after that, and also where I am career-wise.

Separation anxiety is normal I think, particularly if bub is in daycare. Its as if when they are looked after by DH or mum or someone that it is kind of like being looked after by you, but if by childcare workers then it is not like you, does that make sense? I have Caden in family day care and I feel after spending so much time with him there that she is sometimes better than DH, cos he seems to resent looking after Caden a bit. I mean, he doesn't resent Caden, just me.

I think the anxiety lasts a while, but I am assured that it gets better. Just know that she is perfectly safe and happy there. Mind you, a video camera on her would be great so you could see how she is going all the time

As for the study, am thinking about an MBA at this point. Not sure where it will get me but I was looking on line at options and the units look really great. What were you studying? There is always time, or flexibility if you feel the need to study but don't want to jump in the deep end. Although sometimes life is busy enough without the additional stress! It is just that I really like studying and advancing myself, and hope to be an HR Manager in a few years so hopefully it will put me in good stead.

Hard to juggle family and work though, it will be interesting at the end of October when I go back to work. Ihear you on the push-pull front of being a working mum!

Well, am rambling now so best be off, have a great week hun,

Hi DB..

Didn't get my long sleep. Miss Kim had me up till about 12.30 and still no idea why.

DH wants to start TTC by the end of the year. Wants 2 under 2.. Funny how he was scared s**tless about having Kim and now wants another one.. Don't get me wrong, I love Kimmy and want another, but I am worried about the finances.. We only just scraped through this time and it won't be worth me working with 2 if I have to pay for DC.. But as DH says, we will cross that bridge together when we get to it

I understand on the house thing.. And also no good pushing DH into something that he isn't happy with. He might change his mind with a new house though

I was studying a diploma in Commercial Shipping, but still have my heart set on nursing. It will be crunch time the year after next. Will do it then, or not at all.

Gotta go as DH will be home soon.. YAY...

Take care whoever is reading... Hoody, did your man arrive home safely?

Hey guys i am reading but no time to post just yet i'll BBL

Hello DB and Heather

Hehe i missed you guys too. Although i seem to have fit in the Dec thread it moves soooo fast and after a busy weekend with no BB time i dont know how i'll catch up.

Heather i hear you on the separation anxiety. My DD1 used to go to FDC and loved it but has 2 weeks ago started at a regular centre and HATES it. She cries when i leave and both days i have been called about 1pm to go and get her as she is distress. Its heart breaking but as i want to go back to work i really need her to be settled somewhere iykwim.

Well the 2wks alone while DH was in Vietnam where horrendous. Both girls had bad colds and Gastro went through all of us. I am so relieved he is home but he is planning to go again in January.

Well Molly seems to suddenly come along in leaps and bounds. She is now sitting herself up and standing. Funny 2 weeks ago she was jsut my lump on the floor. She is rocking on all 4's and commando crawling backward so i dont think it will be long b4 she is off.

Well keep posting and i'll keep reading.

DB,

Hope you had a lovely day today with your little man turning the big 1..

Take care... Hi to anyone else out there..

Hey Heather and Hoody,
    The weekend was a blast!! Had such a great party with little man and my mum turning 60. We hired a hall, had about 70 adults and kiddies come, and there was a private courtyard with a trampoline, sandpit, slides, swings, seesaw etc. It was unreal, all under shadecloth and big enough to keep them all amused for a few hours.

We hired a helium tank and inflated 50 balloons, all of which ended up tangled and popping, but was $50 well spent cos the kids were entertained for almost the whole time collecting as many as they could off the roof (they had strings attached). Caden had a ball cos the kids kept running up to him and giving him balloons, at one stage I thought he might lift off!

I will be putting some photos on facebook if anyone is interested, just as soon as my BIL sends me his photos. I was too busy running around all day to take any myself.

His theme was BLUE and I made him a sailor suit to wear and a blue boat cake. It all looked fantastic and other than a minor tumble where he ended up with a graze on his head he did really really well.

WE got heaps of great pressies and he is a spoiled rotten munchkin!

Ok, birthday debrief done!

Hoody - great to hear Molly is doing well, it is funny how much we all stress when they aren't "up" with the other kids, but by about 3 they are all the same anyway and you simply can't tell who were the early birds or not. And really, while you look at your own bub and compare them with other bubs that can do so much, other mums are looking at Molly and thinking how great she is being so content and wishing their bubs were the same! I guess we all want what we don't have

Heather - if nursing is your dream hun, then go for it! That is my motto. I believe that if you really want to do something then it is up to you to do it, and you will be happier if you follow your dream (within reason of course ). I was a Career Counsellor for a few years while studying at uni and I came across alot of people that really wanted to do something but talked themselves out of it because of the time/money/effort. But I believe that the time passes anyway, and three years goes by you will either have the degree or you wont, but the time WILL pass, so you may as well use it. If you do something you love, then the rest falls into place anyway.

As for my study, I think I will just finish off the last 3 units of my psych degree and go from there. I get so worried that time is passing and I am slipping behind, but then I have to remind myself that it is not a race and I need to enjoy life a bit more (and my bubba).

Well, that is all for me, must go phone up aircon places to get quotes,

TTFN

Hello all (whoever is listening)

Been an interesting week, DH has been doing a contract so has been working 12 hour days for the last week. Is pretty hard having Caden all to myself, although I have really tried to make the most of it as it is my last week of maternity leave

Caden is speaking so much gibberish now. He tries to say banana, yummy, duck, dog, and other stuff that doesnt really make sense but he uses it for specific things. Like he says Doch, like in a Russian accent, for balloon. He makes the same sound every time he sees one, and will point and say it! Very cute but I wish I knew what it meant

Am starting to think about having another bub. I don't think I am ready yet, but it is starting to form in my head, like the idea of being pregnant again, and having the bub in my tummy. Having all the scans etc. It probably doesn't help that 2/3rds of the women in my mothers group are trying for number two already, and 2 are already pregnant I would really like to start trying this time next year though, I think for us that would be a nice age gap.

Well, that's all for me. I have some fluffy mail coming soon, night nappies, so that should be fun. Caden wakes up with a much emptier nappy these days, so I might be brave and give it a go, wish me luck,

Have a good week!

Hey DB,

Not too much time just now.. Have a little girl with chicken pox and DH has been so great the last few days while I have been at work, he has some 'him time'..

It is tuff when DH's away, but makes it all the more special when he is home!!

Having others talk about adding to the family (like in your thread) does sneak into your head, but remember that it is your life and family and do it when you are ready!! We are about to go down the TTC path again this month, but only cause we want to..

The gibberish sounds so cute doesn't it.. And it would be wonderful to understand them. but then again, maybe the embarrasing questions would start sooner. hehehe

Have fun with the nappies!! I am planning on getting myself sorted with cloth for number 2. We have Kimmy in them every now and then, but only have about 6 MCN, so not enough for a full supply.. What are your favorites? I am very open to ideas!!

Anyhow, off for brekky then got to shoot out to Medicare and an undercover wear party (DH's only daddy duty today..)

take care hun..

Hey Heather,
    I use Itti Bittis, and have the snap in AIOs but I think I like the sewn in ones better but I only have 2 of those.

Am deliberating as to whether I should order some more, or just more snap in boosters, cos they are cheaper. Ho hum, will see. I have about 12 in total, with about 4 spare boosters, plus some pocket change nappies which aren't too bad but are heaps bulkier. I like them cos I use them like slip on nappies for when we are out and about.

I have just bought baby beehinds nappies for night, with extra boosters and woolen soaker, so fingers crossed it works for night!

As for #2, you are right, it is up to each individual. I am in no hurry to start trying just yet, we have to move and lots of other stuff. It wouldn't be the end of the world of course, and I would be thrilled, but it is probably not the right time.

Having said that, I still haven't had AF yet and am waiting her arrival. I am still feeding Caden a morning and night feed, so maybe it will come back once I have ceased feeding all together? That could be months away hopefully.

Well, first day back at work today It was actually very good and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I had subway for lunch and had a really relaxing day, knocking off early to go buy a stroller, some big shells for Caden, and other random retail therapy items . At least I am earning money now!

Well, best be off cos it is late and I realy need some sleep, Have a great week!

Hi Hoody, Dragonbub and Heather
    Ok so I feel a bit sheepish coming back here after all this time. But I miss you guys. So much has happened in the last few months, I got the flu, we went to New Zealand for a month and I started back at work 3 days a week. I feel like i have no time anymore. I have occasionally come on and read, but just not posted. I hope you don't mind if I come back and join you guys. I probably won't be on lots but I will try and get myself organised (something I really struggle with at the moment).

Ok so if you still want to hear from me here is what has been happening here with Jacob and I. He turned 1 on Tuesday which was really exciting. I can't believe how fast the time has gone and how much things have changed. He is now walking on his own (started doing that a couple of weeks ago) and is very confident. We haven't had too many tumbles at all!! He is eating heaps and loving feeding himself, although that causes problems when he tries to feed himself soup or something equally as messy. He is also getting very vocal which is fun. I am sure he is saying something very important because he is quite loud and forceful.

We do seem to be getting a few tamtrums though when he doesn't get his way and has started waking up at night over the last week and getting very upset if we leave him. I guess thats just a stage though.

He is starting to show awareness of interesting things too - like today he had his shirt off and was playing with his belly so then he came over to me lifted my shirt up and started playing with my belly. He then hunted DH down to do the same thing.

Oh and now I am back at work. I am actually quite enjoying working again, but relieved it is only 3 days a week. At the moment that is more than enough for me. It has been really hard leaving Jacob and some days he does get upset when I leave which doesn't help.

Oh and he has just started crawling. Yes I know that usually comes before walking, but Jacob decided to do things a little differently.

Still breastfeeding in the morning and night which is good, although the teeth do present a bit of a challenge at times.

Looking at all the photos of your beautiful kids and they all look so grown up! Happy birthday Caden for weeks ago. Molly and Kimberely aren't too far away either.

Ok well thats my update. I am sure there are things I have missed, but wanted to get back in touch with you all.

Hi June, Welcome back!!

It is great to hear what Jacob is up to, even though I only have to drive 20 mins to see you.

Everyone else.. Hello....

A lot has been happening here too.. Kimmy had the chicken pox last week but was a real champ.. Only one scar and even though she stayed with my parents, was amazing. Just a little clingy so Mum tells me.. I also found another tooth yesterday, so that might have helped with being clingy.

I am at work f/t till the end of the year (my old job, minus the supervisor responsibilities) and if I ever get to an interview that has been postponed 3 times, might have a p/t job lined up for next year..

Kimmy had her party yesterday and it was a great day, but I can't believe how tiring it was. For the 1st time ever, Kim was in for a long nap. She went down about 1010 and her party was supposed to be at 11. Even though my dad kept checking on her, and the house was full of people, she didn't wake. Mum and I went and woke her about 1130 and the look on her face when she saw all the people was priceless. Sheer suprise, and then she was just into it.. Seeing everyone, and the little socialite crawled up to every person there to say hi.. so cute.

IT was torture day today. Kimmy got her injections, and as we are ready to go down the TTC path again , DH and I got whooping cough vaccines. We had talked about it and decided we wanted to in case we had a bub in winter when all the coughs and flus go around (so please no negative comments about the vaccines).. And then I went to the dentist tonight.. So now, we are just waiting for AF, the way I am feeling, any day now..

Should really be off now.. Had a me day today that didn't go to plan.. But that's life. Must get my act together so I actually make it into work tomorrow.. Hehehe..

Hope everyone is well and thanks for letting me babble away...

Heather- WTG on the TTC I found out i was UTD the same weekend as DD1's 1st birthday. So glad Kimmy had an awesome b'day party (her birthday isnt until fri though am i right?). Have you put pics up on FB? I will have to have a look. SOrry to hear about the chicken pox but i guess better now than when she's bigger iykwim. Will she still need the Vac against it at 18months? And also How on earth do you cope working FT?

June- OMG i wondered what happened to you. SO glad you could come and join us again. This thread has gone a bit pear shaped but maybe if we all try and post once a week or so it will still carry on Jacob looks so big in your ticker and sounds like he is doing awesomely.

DB- Glad to hear you enjoyed your first day back at work, Happy belated birthday to Caden I did read and meant to post that week but things have been a bit hectic here. Do you have FB set up? If you do add me

OK now where do i start? Molly is 1 on thurs where has the last year gone? She is doing really well and into everything at the moment. Still not pulling herself up yet but i doubt it will be long. She is saying clearly daddy, mumma, mi (for mia her sister) bye, dog and lots of other things she will mimic and try and say but these are 100% defs that i've written. We are having a big party at home on Sat and i cant wait. Things have been really stressful as of late as DH and i have been really rocky. I think we even had divorce papers in the house lol. Anyway we have cleared the air and things are by no means fixed but we are working on the marriage for now. I will come back an post again soon i promise

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast