Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #4

Heather - it is so cute when they can smell you and you can comfort them with your cuddles and smell, but it does get a bit frustrating when they are clingy! Caden has been so clingy the last few days and just about climbs up my legs when I am in the kitchen getting dinner ready or something. Hopefully Kim will settle back down soon and relearn how to self-settle. LOL about DH enjoying the peep show!

Hoody - hope all is well your household hun and no more seizures?

Melz - hoping Rye has made a full recovery.

As for us, more walking and getting up to mischief. He has figured out how to climb the stairs as well, so more vigilance is required . I have to put him in his playstation now when I go to the loo in case I find him half way up the stairs when I get back.

Have had a bug or something today. I had a day of worked planned and luckily had Caden booked into day care. I was so dizzy when I woke up and vomitted a couple of times before calling DH home to take Caden to DC. After a few hours sleep I felt better (and did a quick HPT just to check, luckily BFN!) so hoping it was just one of those things. I didn't think I could be pg, the chances are really rare, but stranger things have happened.

Well, hope you are all having a better week than me,

DB- sorry to hear you are feeling so rough there is nothing worse than feeling like that esp when you have a bub to deal with too. Hopefully just a 24 hour thing.

Ok well still having a tough time in our house hold Molly isnt very well at all. I took her to the after hrs GP on Sun as she was clearly unwell- high temps, crackly chest etc etc. I felt a bit fobbed off been told it was a combination of a cold and teething The dr did say her ears and throat where quite pink so to keep an eye on her and to take to my normal Dr should i still be concerned in a day or two. Well she got worse and worse so back to the drs (just a random couldnt get in to my own) we went yesterday only to be told its a viral infection so nothing can be done just wait and ride it out again. Her temp was above 40 she wouldnt sleep any more than 15-20mins tops and even that was in my arms, had only had 100mls of milk in 24 hrs etc etc. I had a very flat and unwell bub. Well following my gut instinct and the fact that today she was just as bad i took her to see MY dr who is fantastic and low and behold she has an ear and chest infection. She said they could be secondary infections from the viral one but still i cant believe its taken 4 day, 3 drs and me feeling like a paranoid mama to get some answers. I am hoping they kick in pretty quick as she is sooo poorly. Still not sleeping and it's even like its too hard for her to even cry so she is just whinging. My house looks like a bombs gone off as i have had her attached to my hip since sun, DD1 is desperately seeking attention too...............oh i've had a ***** week so far. OK enough of my vent next time i'll be a bit cheerier i promise.

Hope everyone is doing well and sorry for the lack of personals was going to do them now but Molly needs a mama cuddle.

Hi everyone,

Hoody - big hugs.. Not sure if I could be cheery going through what you do!! You are amazing and seem to take in your stride. But you are often in my thoughts..

DB - hope you are over your bug and feeling a bit better...

Everyone else - hi, hope you are going well

Gotta fly as DH is calling me to help with something..

Well 24hrs on the antibiotics and i have a diff bub all together. Still unwell but she is eating and drinking and no more temp. Well gotta run too hard to type with a 9 month old fighting me for the key board.

Thanks for your kind words heather

Hoody - glad to hear things are better and Molly is eating more. It is so frustrating when Drs treat you like an imbecile! good on you for sticking to your guns and following mummies intuition! Dont worry about the house being a mess, take some time out for yourself if you can, even if it just means giving the dishes a miss for a night.

Heather - better today, but still a bit off. Caden has been grizzly too and very farty, so he might have a bit of it as well. Still, am much better today so hopefully we are both on the mend.

Everyone else, hope all is well?

Wow very quiet in here. Not doing too well, got a gastro bug going through the household Caden woke up this morning after doing runny poos, and seemed ok. He walked around a bit, then fell onto his bottom then backwards. Not a hard bump, but enough to shock him and then tears. I was holding him and cuddling him when he made this gurgling sound, and yacked all over me! Poor munchkin, with all that going on in his tummy! So my morning started off with poo, wee, and then vomit all over me ah the joys of motherhood.

As for us, lots of walking and talking. Heaps more mum mums which is so lovely to hear, and he has been really cuddly lately whereby I am getting lots of hugs and snuggles. It all makes up for the vomit, that's for sure

Gotta go finish off my last uni assignment hopefully. I have taken a break this semester and will resume the first semester next year. I am in no hurry to finish it, and the fact that this particular assignment has taken over 6 months to complete, I don't think I have it in me to hit it too hard anyways.

Have a great week everyone!

PS, like my new avatar?

Hi,

DB - The avatar looks great! I get sick of talking to myself so haven't been in here much Hope everyone else is ok!! Oh and June won't be in for a while, she has gone on holidays for 3 weeks..

Not too much happening here, DH went back to work today after 8 weeks off. Am procrastinating with housework, cause I feel a bit flat..

Kimberley now crawls to the door and sits there looking at the outside world. She is into everthing. Caught her pulling all the empty files out of the filing cabinet the other day Am sure she is helping in her mind ..

Feeling like c#$p. Got gastro and Caden did another big yac today all over me and the rug. I have never seen anything like it, like from the Exorcism or something! He just opened his mouth wide and this column of banana and milk came shooting out. It didn't seem to bother him, he didn't even cry. Poor bubba, I didn't think babies got gastro?

DH and myself are both sick and I really struggled to do my uni assignment today. Several times I felt like giving up and even rang the unit coordinator to tell her that I might as well quit because it was all too hard. To get this far and still not be able to complete it is just too much for me.

Still, I have my mum coming up tomorrow to give me a helping hand with bub and around the house, so hopefully I might get it completed I just can't wait for that relief! I might fail it, but at least I have tried,

Hope you are all having a better week than me

Hey all,
    Feeling much better, thought I would pop in to say that! My uni assignment is finally completed and sent off, so fingers crossed I pass

Need to go spend some time with hubby so will check in tomorrow,

Have a great week and Fathers Day weekend

Hello All

Sorry been MIA lately but DH went down south for a fishing trip and i've been busy busy busy. The girls are keeping me on my toes and i dont get 2 seconds to myself unless they are both in bed and generally by then i am knackered. DD1 had a big night terror just before and i tell you what it was horrible- lasted for about half and hour. I couldnt wake her and she was hysterical. It was her 1st and hopefully the last.

Molly is still the doing all the things she was doing before so nothing really exciting to recall. She is all healthy again and back to her placid self. Back to eating like a champ and sleeping all night long. Yesterday and today though she has gone down for her morning nap fine but i havent been able to get her to have an afternoon one. Hoping its just a phase and that she's not cutting out a sleep already.

Been spending lots of time outside with the girls as the weather has been so nice the last few day so now i'm all excited that summer is coming.

SOrry no personals i will pop back in tomo if i have a chance i promise.

Hey Hoody,
    Glad to hear all is well. Taking DS to docs today cos he is still sick. Lots and lots of runny poos, up at 3.30 this morning giving him a bath cos he had poo everywhere! . Needless to say not much sleep for either of us and he ended up sleeping with us just to get him to settle. I am hoping the doc will be able to give me something for him because it has been a week and he is still really unsettled. He sleeps fine, in fact is sleeping more than normal cos he is sick, but is really grumpy and rediculously clingy in between. Plus the poos REALLY pong!

Hope everyone else is good?

DB- How did you go on at the drs? Sorry to hear that Caden is so unwell still. It really is horrible when they are like that. Is he eating and drinking still? I've BTDT with the 3am baths etc it really is horrible. DD1 actually threw up in her sleep a few weeks ago and omg the mess was horrendous. She was so upset all she wanted was a cuddle but she had puke all over her and all through her hair. Needless to say we both ended up in the shower at some ridiculous hour Sending get well vibes your way

Well I cant believe fathers day has come around so fast I am not doing to much for DH as his fishing trip that he just got back from was supposed to be his present. Normally we go away together as a family as the trout season opens 1st of sept it normally covers the fathers day weekend iykwim. I do have him a couple of bits from the girls and we are going to the IL's for dinner. I wont be seeing my dad as he is away and has been since may. He is due home in approx 2wks though so i am looking forward to that.

Well i hope all mums and bub are well

HELLO, Hello, Hello,

Sorry my hello is echoing in the emptiness

I hope you are all well and same with bubs. We are all well here. Still having issues with our afternoon sleep I think Molly is trying to cut it out already but if she has just one by 4pm she is ready for bed so i'm trying to insist that she has the 2 still.

Well i'll pop back later to see if anyone has posted............I'm getting very lonely.

Hello All,
    been busy busy busy! Working hard, finished studying thank god, had a sick family and crook bubba last few nights so up at all hours of the night again. Screaming, arching back, the works. I had to put him into bed with us last night just to get some sleep, but only really had about 3 hours total, so feeling a bit incoherant today

Having some blues with DH atm. Not sure what is going on, maybe lack of sleep, but is starting to get me down. Will be back later to elaborate, but for now must go get bub out of shower and into PJs,

TTFN!

DB- Hey hun how you doing? Sorry to hear you and DH are having a rough time it really can be so hard when you have all been unwell and sleep deprived. I bet you are so relieved that you have finished studying for now WTG for getting what you have done up to now done along with been a mumma thats an acheivment in itself.

Mel- How are you babe? Long time no chat. Busy busy busy here as always but will try and catch up on MSN soon

Everyone else hope you are all well.

Well we are all great no complaints here Had a very busy day today as DD1 had 2 birthday parties this afternoon. Molly had a monster sleep last night from 5.30pm-9am this mo but didnt sleep a wink today so was rather unsettled this evening. Because of her big sleep last night she wouldnt go down this morning- she obviously wasnt tired but then when she was tired this arvo we were out and she isnt a fan of sleeping anywhere but in her cot or on someones bed. She WILL NOT sleep in my arms (unless she is sick) or in her pram which can be a bit frustrating. I'm hoping it means she will have a good sleep tonight again but honestly i think more than likely not as her routine is all messed up and she generally sleeps better at night if she has had decent day naps iykwim. Well my parents came home today and i cant wait to see them. Dads been away since beginning of May and mum since mid July so they will both see a huge difference in Molly. I wanted to go and see them this evening but after such a hectic day it wasnt fair on the kids and TBH i think mum and dad will both be knackered too so i will wait til the morning. Just hope they dont want a sleep in lol as my lil monkeys (well DD1) will be very excited to go 1st thing.

Well take care and would love to hear how you are all going.

Hello all,
    been quiet in here lately...

Thanks Hoody - yeah, it has been tough with a sick household, I know you can relate! It puts extra pressure on things and we get next to no time to ourselves, we haven't had alone time in months and months and it is starting to take its toll. We have a wedding this weekend, and my SIL is looking after Caden for the first time, she is seventeen. If it works out I might get her to look after him a bit more and we can catch a movie and dinner and have a "date". It would be nice to reconnect as two people, not just parents.

I think Caden may be teething again, same old symptoms, but these would be his molars so not sure. I expect them around his first birthday, so maybe they are moving. Had a very grumpy day on Sunday and a bit today but mostly he has been a little champion. Very clingy though and wont let me out of his sight, but at least he is a happy chappy when we play together. The grizzling just gets on my nerves and I end up losing my patience. He will be 11 months tomorrow! OMG the time has flown. Party plans in full swing as I am having a joint 60th and 1st cos its my mums birthday also. It should be so great.

Well, gotta go express some milk and then bed :waves:

DB- GL for your upcoming date with your DH. I am sure you deserve a night off. I hope the teething passes quickly for caden.

Well all well here. I left my lil monkey for a minute this morning and came back to her eating dog food and not biscuits wet dog food from a can *sigh* I dont know if its a coincidence or not but now she has the runs She isnt crawling still so didnt expect her to get it but she is bum shuffling. Not far but she can move a couple of metres As horrible as it ease eating dog food it really was quite funny. I have put photos on my Face Book if anyone wants to check them out.

Well still really quiet in here which is sad as i am finding i am becoming quieter. I feel there is no point posting if no one else is going too iykwim. I love BB and at one time was quite addicted but these days i just log on check my threads and leave it at that

Take care

Still just lonely old me in here so no point posting again

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast