... 5678917 ...

thread: Babies Born October 16th ~ 31st 2008 #5

Aug 2007

Hehehe thanks Starry and its all thanks to you!!! xoxo

OM - we sterilize the bottles every day after every use - those must admit sometimes i will just opt for rinsing them in hot water! getting a bit slack with it - but from what everyone is saying im thinking its not that important anymore anyway!

Starry - maybe its the cooler weather that is keeping Jman up - and maybe he likes the warmth comming from you!

didi - ooooooh i feel for you - when i use to be a dental assistant i saw many root canals done and they werent pretty -

Jul 2007
    Sydney

Morning All,

Sorry havent been on in quite a while. Cant believe how busy I am, and if I sit on BB I never get anything done. As you all know BB is so addictive.
    So for now have an update on V.

I had to take V to the hospital on Friday (was also my birthday) for observation for a couple of hours as Thurday night she started coughing but quite hard coughs, then Friday the wheezing started along with the coughs. Off I went to the DR's who advised me that V has Broncholitis and that since my pead wasnt available to take her to the hospital and let them monitor her JIC they may want to keep her in. They said there is nothing that you can do or give her, just keep up fluids and if any other problems arise such as changing colour in the face etc she would need to put on oxygen and if not eating properly need to have an IV. Thankfully they didnt need to do any of that to V and let her go home however they gave me some info to read. Now on top of the broncholitis V has a couple of teeth trying to make their way thru which is now turning her off her feed and is also abit constipated. Poor little thing. Ohh and they weighed V fully dressed and with a bit of a wet nappy at the hospital the other day and she was 5.2kg. So I am thinking that in her bare weight she would be about 5kg atm. Yet now that she is starting to turn off her feeds I am hoping she doesnt lose weight.

Kim - I hope Meara gets better soon. Not fun is it. hugs.

I am so looking forward to the tribe to be all back at school too.
    I have been doing our nookwork too that desperately need to be done. hehehe.

Ohh and tomorrow is my 18th wedding aniversary. Cant believe I have been with my DH for that long, it seems to have just flown past.

Jan 2008

csab.... you poor thing!! hang in there.

Jan 2008

Hollye are we still doing the weight challenge??

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

hey girls,

Sorry i havent been around much, just been so busy. We have been away pretty much since saturday and got home about 10pm lastnight. DP had a funeral to go to of one of his mates.. a 17 year old that died last week. It was quite sad.

Ella - Mia nearly ended up being an Ella, i love that name As for his food, Mia had brocolli and carrot ages ago. Im kinda blessed with her, she will eat anything. She has spag bol lastnight and loved it. We are doing mainly BLS here, so the skys the limit pretty much on what we give her. Dont worry if he is not rolling or anything yet. Im sure there is nothing wrong with him. Give him time, he will.. And when he does im sure u will be like me and HJ who are going a little mad atm from our bubs being abit crazy and getting into everything.

didi - i know... hasnt it been freeeeeeeeeezing! brrrrrrrr isnt there snow in canada? which i would think would make it colder.. but i guess not. lol. List updated now, sorry. u are doing so well with ur weightloss! u are nearly at ur goal! will u be making another one after that one? Hows ben and Jorda? Is he a good big brother?

OM - i stopped sterilizing Mia's bottles about 4 weeks ago. I didnt see the point and my pead said to me that they put everything in their mouths anyway. They get scrubbed in hot soapy water at the end of the day and rinsed in boiling water. I do disinfect them about once a week and more of she is sick.

HJ - whoa sexy mumma! love that avi!

csab - long time no chat. Im sorry to hear about Olivia. 5 kgs is still so little as didi said, hang in there xoxooxoxo

hi to everyone else!

AFM - nothing new really.. spending way too much money on clothes for Mia atm. But its so cool now shes a little bigger, more of the cuter clothes fit. Shes in 00's atm. Some jackets are 0's tho. Um.. shes still sitting.. not really exciting anymore, she just sits there. SHe is gettting up on her hands and knees now but doesnt crawl too far before she commando crawls again. Um..... still havent taken her for her 6 month needles..

Well im off to get ready to go see my cousins GF's brand new bubba in hospital. Born 5 weeks early, weighing 5lb 5oz. So im sure she is just tiny. I really dont remember Mia being so tiny, but people inform me she was. lol

Sep 2005
    Crazytown

I too have been so busy, I've decided to put Julian in cloth nappies now and I got my first lot this morning they are so cute. He is rolling around heaps and he is sitting for only a few seconds and he is also trying to get up on his knees.

His physio appointment went well they just want to see him one more time in about a months time and then they said he should be able to be discharged.

Hope everyone is doing well will try and keep up.

Add STARRYSKY on Facebook Follow STARRYSKY On Twitter

Aug 2007
    adelaide

I have just ordered my first lot of fluff- just had to share!!

Aug 2007

Morning Everyone!

I have a friend comming over with her bub today she is 4mths old and we are going to try and watch Marley and Me - should be interesting!

Hollye - thats sad about DP's mate! and i know what u mean about spending way too much money on clothes for our girls - Bianca has a better cupboard than i do - was hanging out at home with her the other day and with DH and i made a comment on dosent matter what we are doing for the day Bianca always looks better than me! she is so fashionable! She has 5 pairs of jeans and all different! i have 2 pairs (1 i dont fit into anymore) 1 of those pairs ive had for years!!!! maybe i should start updating my wardrobe! cant be out shined ALL the time by a 6mth old! hahaha - wish u were here is Brissy than we could go shopping together!

STARRY - nooooooooooooooooooooooo not you too!!! u will get hooked on that stuff! ive got a BB member comming over on Friday to show me her stack - i use Terry Flats during the day and sposies at night - but im thinking maybe trying a few Fluffy's for night time use?!

Amanda - wow thats great that all is going well with Julians physio! gotta be a bit of a relief for u!

Cheryl - awwww poor bubba V having broncholitous - that would of been a bit scary for u! how is she now? is she back into her feeds?

Aug 2007
    adelaide

I cant wait for my fluffy mail!!! hj- I have ordered the trial pack of itti bittis, one of my friends from mothers group uses them and theyre so cute, then last night I ordered about four of the baby beehinds from charmalea on here, she has a really good special atm. cant wait! I am hoping though that they will help with jbabys nappy rash, I cant get rid of it! it comes and goes, I change him every hour, I was him with a flannel, pawpaw cream, curash (seems to take his skin off!) bepanthen, clonea (it does seem to be fungal sometimes) sudocream, etc, nothing really works, the gaia stuff that I have works okay, but he is always red.

I went and bought jbaby more clothes yesterday too, little camo pants and some tracksuits, more socks, he has got the biggest feet! cos its so cold here atm, I get worried he is not warm enough.
    im going to mothers group again today, last week was our last week but as a group we decided to keep meeting and we are going to one of the girls houses, there is about four or five of us that have really clicked iykwim, so we meet up once a week and have coffee, we go to the library on tues mornings for baby hour (jbaby loves it!!) then go for coffee, mums group on wednesdays, then baby playgroup on fridays, then we go for coffee after that! jman (my dp) says we are living the latte lifestyle!! I dont care, it gets me out of the house and gives me some adults to talk to!
    I also went and bought some more blackmores pregnancy and bf tablets, see if it will stop my hair falling out! Im scared I wont have any left soon.

Jan 2008

Star are you loosing hair?? You poor thing..

HJ how is the duromine? and yup Jorda definitly has nicer clothes then me!! But not for long. Shopping in Canada in 9 weeks with 8000$ I CANT WAIT!

Ok so Fluff are cloth nappies? Has anyone heard of G diapers.. they are ment to be the best thing in nappies for bubbies.. in the USA was australian company that went there as they got too big.

Amanda... why is DS going to physio.. i think i missed soemthing.. Sorry!

CASB... 18 years well done!!!!! That is these days very rare!

Dh is off work till monday so he is doing the breaky with the kiddies whie i get to sleep in till 10am!! Woo hoo fantastic!!

I have been thinking of my reward when i get to my goal weight.. and i think its a date with feeb at max brenner chocolate place!! and a really nice turtle choc pie!! Yummers!

Have a good day everyone!

Aug 2007
    adelaide

yep didi, my hair began falling out after i first got af about 8 wks after jbaby was born, it seems to be getting thinner and thinner......

hj- are you on facebook?

Sep 2005
    Crazytown

Didi Julian had torticolls, which is basically he couldn't turn his head to the right and was always facing the left, we fixed that then he wasn't using his right hand and we've fixed that and then his left hand was a bit weak and now we are trying to fix that.

Starry I've been looking at the itti's let me know how they are, I also order some off charmlea. I also brought some of Arimeh, I got 2 green kids, 1 cushie tushie, 1 widdlewun, 1 pop in and 1 happy heiny. Just a thought on jbaby's red butt could be from teething, they get a slight red rashy bum from that.

HJ loving the avvie you hot thing

I got Julian's needles today, the last two nights he has been up every two hours....the dr said that it could be another tooth or even a bit of a sore tummy.

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

Mia has a bad nappy rash i dont know how... it just popped up all of a sudden. Shes also pooing alot.. like every nappy and she goes through 9-10 a day. Not sure if its teething. I feel so sorry for her, its so sore and she crys when i touch it or put cream on it. Im keeping it dry and using Bepanthan Anteseptic (sp) cream. Is there anything else i can do???? She has NEVER had a nappy rash before, so im abit lost.

Aug 2007

Morning Everyone - B slept last night from 1945-0600 and played nice and quietly in her cot until 0630 - so she had an awesome night sleep - only wish i did - i went to bed at 2030, woke at 0100 and couldn't get back to sleep until 0400 - so im now tired as!!!! u know how long i have been waiting for B to sleep thru! hahahaha

STARRY - yep i do have FB - i will send u a PM

Amanda - hehehe why thank you - how did Julian go last night?

Hollye - poor bubba Mia - hope her tooshie gets better soon! i like that sudocream for nappy rash's - B hasnt had one yet but it was fantastic in childcare and if u also rub it in to ur nails its get to strengthen them also! hehehe - also give Mia some nappy free time, make sure bot bot is dry after baths, and i think its corn flour that is good for nappy rash - or have u got any nappy rash powders? also after every poo, maybe use a washer or something with warm water to wipe her bottom instead of wipes cause sometimes they can irritate it more, exspecially the scented ones!

didi - i dont feel the duromine is doing much at the moment - but it might of been what kept me up last night! u are going to have such a great time shopping for urself - exspecially with that new fab body of urs after all ur weight loss - which u should put up before and after photos!!! hmmm

Anyways B and i are off to get her weighed etc today - should be interesting to see her stats from when she was born!

Have a great day everyone

Hello Kim, Leigh, OM, csab, ella, bridette, Sneaky (where are u?) and anyone else that im sooo sorry if i missed!

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

HJ - its a little better this morning. Yepi have nappy rash powder. I use the curash one coz peronally i think the johnsons is crap. Im using the unscented wipes but i notice they irritate her bum abit atm. So i think ill be using warm washers for a while.

She had a horrible sleep lastnight. Woke up 4 times. stupid bloody teeth!!!!!!

Aug 2007

yeah i like the curash one also - heaps better! sounds like Mia is going thru a rough patch atm - sometimes i guess it is hard being a baby!!!

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

i know how good does that curash one smell! i reckon it smells like lollies, musticks to be perticular

Yeh think it could be related to teething?!?!?!?

Aug 2007

it does smell good!!! but when B wakes up im going to see if it smells like musksticks! hahaha

sounds too me like its teething related, u havent changed anything in particular that she is eating that may be causing her to go to the toilet heaps?
    B has started to go around 3 times a day also which is unusual for her - so maybe they bth are teething!

... 5678917 ...