... 7891011 ...

thread: Babies Born October 16th ~ 31st 2008 #5

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

Sudocream seems to be doing the trick. I caked it on lastnight and it looks better this morning! Phew! Lots of nappy free time today me thinks.

She got a pretty bad temp from the needles again so keeping up on the nurofen. SHes still not a happy little chappy but we will get there. Lots of mummy cuddles seem to be helping.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

Nurofen is our friend here to Hollye!!!! Jack has a cold and is on prescription drops from Dr..and having Nurofen... poor lil man...(doesn't help that this house is freezing cold!!!)

Quick one girls....who lives in Melbourne??? we are hvaing a get together in June....and would love to meet up with any of you wanting a night out... a fair few BB members going...i am flying from NSW!!! others are coming from W.A. and qld....

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

I'm about 2.5 hours from melb

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

Hubby and i are (and Jack!!) are flying down on the friday morning...staying at Rydges...2 nights he has to deal with Jack on Saturday night!!! fun fun!!!! whilst i go out and party....now that will be fun....

Jack will NOT settle for dada...so we shall see what happens....

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2008
    Kurri Kurri

Fluff-a-holic I wasn't saying cloth nappies give all babies nappy rash just that it did for my eldest DD. Even after 1 wee (cause I was constantly checking her). The doctor said her urine was very strong and was causing the burning (she had very sensitive skin) but being in the cloth nappies made it sit on her skin so changing her to disposables was the way to go. Also yay for Jack getting his first tooth.

I wish there was going to be a meet up here in NSW. I might be able to get to that one. But taking 5 kids and DF and me on a plane is just too much. Enjoy yourselves though.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

KimB...did you use terry flats?? MCN's now....draw moisture/wee away just like sposies...IMO they actually keep bubs bum drier than sposies...BUT that is MY opinion...because of the bamboo/hemp used in MCN's. Jack has VERY sensitive skin (being soo fair does not help!!) and the only times he has had bad NR is just a week ago...(teething for ages..) and when he came home from hospital (in sposies) and he has been in cloth since about 1 week old....since then has never had a sposie on his little bum.

May 2008
    Hervey Bay, QLD

Hi everyone. Been busy with visiting rellies again so I've only read one page for now. I'll try to find time to read the rest.

Got to do some wedding dress shopping with my sister yesterday, which was fun. hoping to squeeze in one more shop today. Saw all these GORGEOUS little boy suits. Can't wait!! Liam and his new cousin will probably be matching I think - so cute!!
    Did I tell you Liam's crawling? He's a busy little boy. Been at it about a week now and is already looking for ways to pull himself up to standing. There's not a lot he's found he can use yet - thank goodness!!!
    Took him to the dr today. He has a fungal infection on his penis. I suspect that has a lot to do with his night wakings, though I hope he hasn't had it that long....! (been waking for at least 6 weeks). It's been much worse lately. Last night he might have slept for 1 1/2 hour stints at the most. Have to put antifungal cream on it at every nappy change and let it air out for 15 mins - interesting with a crawling boy! Really hope it clears up for the poor kid really quickly.

On the cloth nappy/nr debate - of course I use cloth nappies too (being the newest consultant for Baby Beehinds! ), and apart from just recently, have had no issues with nappy rash while he's been in them. He did have a little while in sposies in the 1st few weeks. We use the bamboo fitteds and they do do a great job in absorbing the moisture. I've heard teething somehow causes their urine to have more amonia which often causes nappy rash around this age.

Sorry for no personals. Will try to catch up with everything next week.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

gotta love the bamboo baby beehinds although i wish they still had the coloured ones!!!!!

I think the other bottom tooth is nearly ready to pop through now!!!!!

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2008
    Kurri Kurri

When eldest DD was born (14 years ago) there was only terry cloth nappies as far as I know. After all these babies I have just stuck to the sposies. My other kids never had a problem with nappy rash. I also couldn't use anything with zinc in it as it made the nappy rash worse so bepanthen was the only cream I could use. I love that stuff, it's wonderful lol.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

ahhhhh good 'ol bepanthen!!!....we don't use it here anymore as i said...we use Moo goo...best thing since sliced bread!!!!

Jack just gobbled a 1/4 sandwich (vegimite) and a petit miam yoghurt for lunch..... absolutly loved the yoghurt!!!!!

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

Kat - i can only get Mia to eat the Baby Yoplait Yogurts. N it has to be room temp, she wont touch it cold! lol

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

Jack ate it out of the fridge...it was obviously cold....i thought about it later...thinking being that cold it might give him a sore belly??? he is happily playing on the floor now...he has been for about an hour....nearly time for a sleep me thinks

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

prob loved the coldness on his toothies tho! yeh Mia's asleep... for now... NO sudden movements..

teething necklace is on its way.......

Jan 2008

Had Mirena IUD put in this morning.. wasnt the greatest but feeling fine now!
    Not much bleeding, should calm down this avo!
    At least no more pill.. condoms.. or anything! one less thing to worry about!!

off to dinner with friends tonight and tomorrow night.

Catch up in melbourne sounds great.. is there a link to the thread that info is on?

have a great weekend all!!

Nov 2008
    NSW Mid North Coast

Hi everyone,
    Wow so much has been happening! Work is full on, thank god for the weekend, woohoo!
    Olive is going really well, she is settling into care and is sitting so well now. She moves all around the house but is still only comando crawling. She is still waking heaps through the night though which is taking it's toll with work and everything and has been basically in our bed. I think i'll have a party when these top teeth finally come through. Olive says "mum mum" and "bub bub" so clearly now which is really cute and she loves to sing.
    ATM she is having breakfast and dinner. The past 2 mornings she has had figs and porridge. I scoop the middle out of dried organic figs and mix it with her porridge and she loves it. I tried Olive on natural yogurt but she wasn't inpressed.
    I'm doing well and my milk is finally starting to settle down after a month, thank goodness.

Hollye - when Olive had salmonella poisoning she had really bad nappy rash. I tried pawpaw and Weleda nappy rash cream as I prefer natural products but neither worked. Someone had given me a sample of Sudocream and I used it and found that it was sooo good, NR cleared up almost instantly.
    Not sure about the nappy debate. I originally had MCN's (bummis) but found they gave Olive NR so switched to flats which were fine. Now I am back at work I use enviro nappies which are expensive but I feel better about using them.

didi - sounds like your weight loss is still powering, well done!

Fluff a Holic - Not sure who you or were are but Hello. You and I seem to be the only working mums in our group, how do you find it? Is Jack in care?

Hi to everyone else, have a great weekend!!!

Aug 2007

OM - im due back to work in September!!! not looking forward to it tho - i find it hard to leave Bianca with DH for an hr let alone leave her for the day!!!

im feeling sooooo good and invigorated right now - just went for a loooong walk and a swim!! and i feel good - had a bad experience yesterday with the tablets i have been on - so im not taking them anymore - was pretty scary and didnt help being alone with a bub - was more worried about Bianca than myself!
    DH wanted Pizza last night for dinner - and i was good and said no - i made my self a sandwhich instead, and DH's Sister is on her way over and rung too see if we wanted her to pick up some take away for lunch and once again i said i dont want anything, im going to have some grapes and pineapple - so im VERY pleased with myself!

Hello everyone and beautiful Bubbies

Jan 2008

Hey ladies.. How is the weekend going? Nice and warm here!! Thank goodnes.

Took the kiddies for a walk.. and a play in the park. Always good to make them tired for a nap.

Going for dinner at friends house tonight.

May 2008
    Hervey Bay, QLD

Hmm, Fluff-a-holic, what can we call you for short? Don't feel right calling you Fluff! Yeah it's a shame they dont do the coloured ones anymore - we have orange and purple ('twilight'). I guess you don't really see them much anyway - just the covers.

On that note, I have my 1st parties/demo's falling into place!!!! Woke up this morning to 2 emails. VERY excited!! I think i should be nervous, but I'm not. I might save that for later.

HJ - great avvy!! Once the $$ from the car repairs is all sorted out i guess i should get off my butt and become a member or something...

Ok, I need some good tips. Liam wakes most often because he's turned on his tummy. Is there anything we can do about it or is it just a waiting game until he gets over it or learns to sleep through it? Half the time his eyes are still closed and he seems to be sleeping still, but he's SCREAMING. :shrug:

Dropped my sister off at the Maroochy Airport today - big drive just for a drop off! And our house is finally all ours again! Ahhhhhhh! A month with only 10 visitor-free days is not an easy task with a bub. Nice to be able to walk around naked again. lol. just kidding.
    Oh, did i mention I got my hair cut short? Didi you inspired me! Tho its not as short as yours! It's about chin length at the front, then goes up to the hairline at the back. It's messy (but stylish) with red, blonde and brown streaks. I love it! It's so easy.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

... 7891011 ...