Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 16th ~ 31st 2008 #5

nah shes eating the same...

Just got home from taking Mia for her needles. She had them 17 mins ago and is sound asleep now. Oh man i hope she doesnt get a reaction like she did with the last ones. Atleast its done now.. yay! lol

got some pics of Mia crawling n sitting. Ill put them up now while shes asleep

Morning All,

Didi - Lucky you going to Canada in 9wks time. Enjoy all that shopping. I still cant believe time has gone so quick, it really doesnt feel that long ago since I first met DH. We have been together for 19yrs now. Maybe it is time to update. Thanks re V too. It sounds like you are doing really well with your weightloss, good on you hun. hugs

Hollye - Just checked out Mia's pics, how cute is she!!!!! What a clever little girl she is, theres no stopping her now that she has become mobile. hehehe. Congrats to your friend and her new arrival. When you see her little bub, V was abit smaller than that. hehehe. My oldest was just a bit bigger than that, by 200gm anyway. That will give you an idea on how small V was, yet she dropped down to 4pd 8o and didnt get back upto 5pd 4o until she hit 5wks 4days old. I still cant believe how little V is, yet I think she is just petite, meant to be little. She isnt a big eater, not overly fussed on eating solids, yet loves sucking the juice out of fruit such as plums and loves potatoes and pumkin, but even then doesnt eat much of it. With her formula only has around 130ml at a time and may squeeze in another 50ml one hour later if lucky. Yet lately has been lucky to have 50ml - 100ml at each feed. I think yesterday she was lucky to have 500ml for the whole day which includes her early morning feed at around 6am. Quite worrying, but I know she isnt feeling well, and along with teething too doesnt help matters. Sorry Mia has a sore bottom, V does too, her little behind is so sore, yet it is from trying to poop, even had to change her forumla to see if that helps. I just feel so sorry for her. Have you tried Paw Paw ointment, I have heard a few good comments about it especially for eczema, so I have bought some to see if it helps with her sore bottom and in a way was hoping it would help with sliding the poop out.

Amanda - Woohoo on trying the cloth nappies, I dont think I have the patience cleaning poop out of them, so have stayed with the disposables. Slack I know. Isnt Julian clever too, V just rolls around not interested in getting on her knees tho, or even sitting. She sits in her bumbo and is still so tiny in it. Is roughly the size of a 3mth old. I put her in the bumbo when she was around 4mths but was just too tiny for it then. She likes sitting in it, but not for long. hehehe. I think having eveybody come along picking her up and cuddling her is more intriguing to her atm. I am glad everything is going well with Julian and his pyhsio, thats excellant that after his next visit he could be discharged. hugs

Star- Sorry to hear about your hair falling out, my BF has been telling me the same thing about her hair since having her little bub. I hope the nappies help. Its nice to know there is some big feet on our little bubs, V still has such tiny feet I still cant put shoes on her yet that just fall off they are that big. So for now just plain old socks are all that fit. Cant wait for the shoes to start fitting. Then again all of my kids had small feet when babies even when walking they were unable to wear the baby walking shoes.

HJ - Hi hun, how was your movie watching yesterday? Sudocream I use all the time and then curash powder on top of that, works really well, and have done so for all my girls. I have been really worried about V, she seems to be getting better tho, the coughing is just terrible. How is little B going? Isnt B a good little bubba girl sleeping right thru for mummy. Hugs

Well, V seems to be getting better, coughing still sounds horrible, but the Dr assures me that her lungs have cleared, which is excellant. She is still straining trying to poop, so now have something different from coloxyl to help her, and hoping once the new formula kicks in that she will find it easier. hugs

csab - i know, i spend all day chasing her and saying "no Mia dont touch" lol. its mad. Yep i went and seen bub in hospital. She was tiny. Shes in the humidicrib atm coz she cant keep her milk down as her tummy isnt very well developed. Apart from that, she looks great. Shes just little. Not sure how long she will be in hospy for, being 5 weeks early. Yeh V is just going to be one of these little girls i think. Prob small throughout her whole life. Lucky her! i wish i was. 5ft 11 and overweight isnt much fun. Mia has never been a big eater. Shes half the size of her cousin and hes only 5 weeks older. This morning at 7:30am she had about 80 mls and hasnt had anything since. Once she wakes up she will have her yogurt and a bottle about 12 ish. But shes still asleep atm.

Hollye try laying her on a towel on the floor with nothing on her bottom for an hour a day or so... so it can dry out.

thanks didi

Hi all,

I have definitely decided to stop BFing. Meara is just biting too hard and bb's are so sore. I'm really finding it hard to even stick it in her mouth. Oh well 6 months is better than nothing I guess.

Hollye - my eldest DD used to get really severe nappy rash and she was wearing cloth nappies. I used bepathen and changed to disposables and it cleared up within the week. Hers was so bad it looked like she had been burnt and that was from 1 wee. I found the cloth keeps the wetness on their skin all the time, no matter how often I changed her, so when i used the disposables it went away.

csab - I so hope V gets better soon. It is no fun listening to them cough and knowing you can't do anything to help. Glad her chest is clear though.

Hi to everyone else I might have missed, gotta go Meara is crying again. Damn teeth.

Hi Girls......
    just thought i would pop in here for a sqizz...and say hi...been ages since i have been in this thread.

Jack is crawling like a demon....sitting...no teeth no talking...eating me out of house & home already!!!!! eats 3 times a day..4 bottles a day...
    i am back at work 4 days a week (5hrs a day)
    he is sleeping well, can't complain..he really is a good baby

nappy rash....just been through a bad trot of this...
    powders are not good for bubs bottoms...powder actually clogs the pores in their skin on their bott we use moo goo cream... and if really bad....hydrazole.
    As for cloth nappies causing NR.....hmmmmm i must bite my tongue on that.....it simply is a load of hogwash...babies will get NR either in sposies or cloth...if they are going to get it they are going to get it.

We are plannning to start out next lot of IVF in December...can't wait!!!! another bubba hopefully...fingers crossed

i agree Kathryne. Mia is in sposies fulltime and she has a nappy rash. woohooo another bubba! im getting quite excited about the thought of having another but we arnt trying yet. Yay for Jack getting up and about. They start to become so quick too dont they! Its mad! Mia is on 2 solid meals and 4 bottles a day. I cant seem to get her to eat breaky! hrmmm

hey fluffaholic! I couldnt for the life of me work out who u were!! ive got it sussed now though! (just a little stalking....)
    hydrazole is great stuff, dont know why i didnt think of that, i havent tried it on jbaby, but my jman uses it occasionally (tmi? jockitch!!)
    how are you coping back at work? gee you sound like superwoman!
    i hope jbaby doesnt crawl for awhile yet, the thought of it scares me silly!

i gave jbaby his bath today, flipped him over onto his belly, he LOVED it! worked out that he can paddle himself down to the end of the bath and back again, was laughing delightedly with himself...sooooo cute.
    oh and the other night he sussed out how zippers work, took him about 3 mins of intense concentration then all of a sudden he just "got it" the look on his face was priceless, i love these mummy moments!

Kim well done BFing for 6 months.. be proud of you!! That is excellent i so wish i could have feed J for longer.. PREMIE babies my gosh!!!

fluffaholic- Ya December will come around so soon!!! Very exciting for you.

Hollye how is her bum now?

Csab.. how are you doing?

HJ-how ya feeling on the meds?

Everyone else HI HI HI.. i am off to WW... to confess to the scales!

didi - her bum is a little better. I found keeping it dry and airing it out and lotsa powder has helped. If i put cream on it, she gets upset, so mayb it stings? So trying to dodge creams till she goes to bed. But its not as red as it was. Thanks for checking up on us

well looks like i spoke too soon!!!! we have our first tooth!!!!! FINALLY.... it has cut through fully...but it is a fight to see it...as he doesn't want any fingers in his mouth...and he puts his tongue over his bottom gum..all the while screaming....

yay Jack!!!!!

Mayb her bum isnt getting better it still look real bad. Gonna try Sudo cream tonight.

I find sudo great.. I cake it on the bum big time.. As when they pee it stings the bum.. So if during the day you can air it out and then maybe cake it on at night so she is not in pain..

Well.. that is what i did with DS.

thanks didi!

but with her crawling.. shes going to pee all over the floor isnt she?? lol oh well.. these things happen i guess!

yes i noticed when she did a poo earlier she screamed the house down. It must have stung poor baby

Hahahaha FLUFF A HOLIC!!! Love the new name!!!! bet heaps of others a kicking themselves for not thinking about that! i sooooo agree with u about nappies causing nappy rash!!! it is a case of if they are going to get they get it - nothing u can do about it - u can just help make them feel better! im soooo lucky tho B hasnt got it yet.... touch wood!
    and how exciting for u starting IVF again in december!!! wooooow i cant wait for u! Bring on December!!!!

Hollye - B is on 2 meals a day also - Breaky and Dinner - however she has gone off her breaky so now im changing it to lunch and dinner - she had her first vegimite sandwhich yesterday and loved it, it was sooo cute! i prefer promite tho! hehehe but we were at nanny's and nanny likes her vegimite

Kim - u have done a fantastic job BFing for 6mths! i wish i could of done that!!!

didi - dont like the tablets - im not sleeping of a night time! and for the first time in a loooong time Bianca has been sleeping thru all week - and i havent!!! so im thinking maybe i should stop them - im also tired ALL day on them!

STARRY - hehehe now that the zipper can get undone watch out!!! he is a male after all! hehehe naughty me! maybe i should not of said that!

Quote Originally Posted by STARRYSKY View Post
    hey fluffaholic! I couldnt for the life of me work out who u were!! ive got it sussed now though! (just a little stalking....)
    hydrazole is great stuff, dont know why i didnt think of that, i havent tried it on jbaby, but my jman uses it occasionally (tmi? jockitch!!)
    how are you coping back at work? gee you sound like superwoman!
    i hope jbaby doesnt crawl for awhile yet, the thought of it scares me silly!

i gave jbaby his bath today, flipped him over onto his belly, he LOVED it! worked out that he can paddle himself down to the end of the bath and back again, was laughing delightedly with himself...sooooo cute.
    oh and the other night he sussed out how zippers work, took him about 3 mins of intense concentration then all of a sudden he just "got it" the look on his face was priceless, i love these mummy moments!

Jack has figured out his aplix/velcro closing nappies!!!!! he creeps his hand down whilst looking at me....then undoes abit...just for the noise....i say "no Jack!!" and he laughes/smiles and does it again...all the way this time...

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast