Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #11

Kell, Poor Molly! Good idea to get her checked out by the docs. Their little noggin's seem so much stronger than we expect! Hope her little egg bruise goes away nice and quickly. Re Gus' food issues - not sure what the main problem is. There seem to be quite a few issues. He has oral aversion - and doesn't like things going into his mouth unless he's got control over it. The speechy says he is a "control freak". he ha! Starts early! After his bad reaction to pumpkin, carrot and sweet potato he seemed to back right away from solids - so it seems he's associating the allergic response with things that come to him via a spoon. He just seems happy with drinking his food - which given his rather small size is not really in his best interests. Agghhh. When I think back to how hard it was to get him to drink his milk happily, it makes me shudder to consider how hard solids might end up being! We're seeing lots of "expert people" to try to help with this. So far no luck!

Kirsty - thanks! I have way too many photos of her (if there is any such thing?) I got into it just because I loved doing it. I worked in photo labs, then for another photographer. When it came time to start a family I decided to run my own business from home.

Kell - wow - a couple more weeks before she can get everywhere! I'm excited & nervous! For snacks I ussually give toast (with vegemite or cream cheese) & occassionally milk arrowroot bickies. I mentioned that to my MCHN & she said not to give them too often because of the sugar, but now & then is OK.

ETA - Kristie - I forgot to say wow yesterday on Louis doing some things at 12m level!! How impressive!

Kristy - At the beginning of a solid feed, it's all "shove it in quick", but you know when he's getting full, that his mind wonders on to other things. Since you guys are limited on what Gus could possibly be alergic too, I'd stick to basics. Have determination, and keep trying, I don't see any harm in trying. I'd give him another spoon to hold at the same time your feeding him, he may get the hang of it eventually. Benjamin at times grabs at the spoon, we tell him "no" or "stop" only because we know it will get all over the place lol...Goodluck with him! You can only try.

Kell - We give Benjamin fruit, toast/sandwiches, or a teething rusk with vegemite on it for snacks. You have to give variety to him, otherwise he cracks up.

Melissa

HI GIRLS,I AM REALLY STRUGGLING AT THE MOMENT HENCE NO COMPUTER TIME,I AM SEEING A DR NEXT WEEK TO TALK THROUGH MY EMOTIONS,I HAVE REALLY HIT ROCK BOTTOM AND I DONT LIKE IT ONE BIT,I HAVE A HAD A VERY AWFUL WEEK AND JUST FEEL MISERABLE AND I AM JUST NOT COPING WITH ANYTHING,i dont like getting on here to give you all such crappy news but just wanted to let you know where i am at.
    nikki

I'm so sorry Nikki. I'm sending you the biggest hug!

Nikki. I'm so sorry. I hope your Dr. can help.

Kell Guest

Nikki - I am sure the pg hormones arent helping, i hope the dr can help you work thru things

For some reason im not getting told when you guys write!!

Nikki - I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so crappy. If you think it would help, I am free to catch up whenever if you would like a chat some time. My mobile number is 0410495570.

Daylesford was fantastic - bloody freezing but great, just what we all needed. Ithink I put on a couple kilos though! Oh well.

Tori had her 8 month check the other day and she failed!!! She has lost about a kilo in the past 2 months which is crap but we arent worrying about it to much at this stage, she is going back in a month to see again. The nurse said that the fact she went off solids for about 6 weeks and also started crawling etc so early would all contribute to it. We are booked in for sleep clinic at the start of next month too, in the hope that she will learn how to fall asleep without being attached to my boob, maybe then i can look at getting some work more seriously?? The little ****ter is getting up the first flight of stairs at home in 2 seconds flat now! My oh my she doesnt stop I'm telling you!

better go, she is squarking (sp?) for a feed.

Cindy - She seems healthy & happy, try not to worry too much about the weight loss. Like you said, going off solids & learning to crawl would have had her burning more than she was consuming/ I hope the next visit shows a big gain for her.

Question help with solids please

Cindy I wouldnt be too worried about the weight loss if she seems content with her feeds. Like you said she is way more active now so would expect her to be burning some of it off.
    Nicole - Please call me if you need anything, you have my number and my address. If you want to get out of the house and leave Chantelle with DH come over for a coke and a chat. I hope that the Dr can help you out some. I am sure the PG hormones wont be helping with everything. I hope DH is helping where he can.
    Linda and Melissa when did you start on the toast? I have only got Jordan on teething rusks and heinz baby food. As he is a little younger than the rest I am not sure about starting him on anything else. How do you know when they are ready for more food?
    Kell hope that Mollys noggin is getting better.
    Kirsty hope your pilates class was fun. It is good to see you are enjoying some ME time. We all certainly need it from time to time.

Well. Jordan is good. not much to report. He is rolling over heaps now to try and get his toys which is great. He rolled over twice in a row and went off the rug tonight, I was shocked. He was very pleased with himself.

QUESTION with solids. Currently Jordan has boobs at 7am. breaky cereal about 9am. Then EBM or boobs at 11-12ish. We offer him another solid feed at 2ish if he wants (i only started this this week) Boobs again at 5.30-6pm followed by solids (not all the time) and then boobs again at 10pm.
    SHould i have him on 3 meals a day now? or does it not matter as he is content even when he doesnt get any? I have no idea.

Have a great night all

Hi!

I've been so busy - I had a majorly bad day with work today. One of my teachers was going to run a bit late so I had to cover one class and then she told me she was going to run another 2 hours late so I had to rush up and take her classes and then I got there and my teacher from Tuesday hadn't left the key so I had to quickly transfer the classes to another venue - poor Louis in all of this had been up from 12.30 and didn't get to sleep in the car until 6pm! He's got a cough and a runny nose and hadn't had any dinner so he did sooo well! Poor little bugger. Tomorrow I have to cover for another teacher and saturday is the presentation so I can't wait for school holidays!! I'm so over it right now.
    Anyway - sorry to go on....

Just a question - did any of your bubs get bruised knees when they first started crawling?? Poor Louis has two big bruises on his knees - he crawls mainly on the carpet so I'm not sure....Although he has a scratch on his nose from falling after standing up on a container and slipping - I suppose it's time for all the lumps and bumps to appear. I had my wardrobe door open today and he stood up so he could look at himself in the mirror - cheeky boy!

Linda - Thats cute about Emma loving shopping! They must find it so exciting with so much to look at. What a gorgeous picture of Emma!! You're so talented (I suppose it's easy when you've got a gorgeous girl to work with!) I bet you Emma will be crawling around so soon! I hope you had a great night to yourself - that must have been soo nice - I would kill for that at the moment! re: the bikkie - I haven't tried them but a few people have tried cruskits? Their not sweet but they go soggy quickly so their easy for bubbas to eat.

Kerrie - I haven't thought that far ahead but it must be so hard shopping with a little one running around as well!

Tracey - Yeah on a day out shopping. Thats great that you bf in public...Louis is just too fidgety now that I worry he'll break off mid let down and spray everywhere - hehe. I still do it in front of friends etc though.

Kell - The clean shopper things sound like a great idea. I just put some blankets around Louis when I had him in there but it was a bit awkward - and then he put his hands straight on the shopping trolley handle anyway so it didn't matter - hehehe.
    I don't give Louis snacks everyday but sometimes I give him some vegemite toast (I break it into pieces and put it on his highchair and he scoffs the lot in around 5min! hehe. Otherwise he has two courses for lunch and dinner so he's not really hungry inbetween. Maybe some fruit & yoghurt?
    Sorry to hear Molly had some bumps - good idea to go the dr though...must be so scary sometimes...

Kirsty - Have you tried Gussy on yoghurt & fruit? Maybe the sweets with no lumps might be nice?? I hope you find a solution soon so he can get big and fat - hehe. We haven't printed any photos either yet - its a bit of a trap with the digital camera really. Hope you had fun at pilates - that sounds great! Does it just mean you can take bubs or do they actually participate?

Melissa - Louis grabs at his spoon too - which is all well and good but sometimes he grabs it when it's full of food and then proceeds to flick it everywhere - hehe. I have to keep hit bowl way back as well as he puts his fingers in it. I let him get to close to my milo today and he stuck his fingers in it! hehe. I gave him a little spoon of milky milo today and he loved it - hehe (naughty mummy)

Nikki - I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. I think it's a great idea to chat through with a dr. though. How are you going to go with school holidays? Do you think you'll be ok with all the kids at home? Let me know if you need some help and I'll come over ok?
    Perhaps Cindy and I will come over and help you out soon?

Cindy - So glad to hear you had a great time away. I always put weight on when we're on holidays. It's a good sign that you enjoyed yourself (and it's winter so we need it!hehe)
    Sorry to hear she hasn't gained weight - I'm sure it's because she's sooo active - what a cheeky girl to be climbing the stairs!! We're planning on going to the pools for next mothers group - I think we're going to jump on email to organise it soon...

Sorry for the epic!! Sleep well!

Tracey - I started Louis on toast by 6 month! hehe. Just a little bit though...
    Louis has been on 3 meals from 6 months also it's just the quantities that have increased heaps in that time.
    He has boob at 6.30-7am, solids about an hour later, boob at 11am, Lunch at 12pm ish, Boob at 3pm Dinner at 5.30pm, Boob at 6.30pm.
    Louis would have easily over a cup of food each meal time - at least. In two courses though - savoury and sweet, except for breakfast where he just has weetbix.
    I just kept increasing his food as he finishes it no worries. There are times though that he will only eat half of his veggies but then eat a whole tub of yoghurt so I always make sure I offer both courses as sometimes he eats one more than the other iykwim?

Nikki - Let it all out girl! Sometimes a girl just needs a good cry on the shoulder of friends (or onto her keyboard), and I see no problems with that sweetheart, so go right ahead and get it all off your chest. We may not have all the answers, but we do listen and have the biggest hearts.

Tracey - Benjamin has been having toast for a while now. Just cut the crusts off, just to ensure he doesn't get a bit that he can't suck/chew on and be able to swallow. You can either cut the toast into fingers, or into little squares. If Jordan seems happy and contented with what he's getting, he probably isn't ready for anything else. Benjamin sometimes gets very unhappy when he finishes his bowl of food, and I know then that I need to give him more. I'm sure he's got hollow legs, oops, that's right he's a boy, lol...

Kristie - As a friend put it to me: "you have a boy, and they'll be getting bumps and bruises for the rest of their lives". Guaranteed, Benjamin has a new little bruise that comes up every few days, all from crawling and standing up on things and falling down again. Kids will be kids...

Cindy - Benjamin went backwards a little in the weight department when he first started crawling. We've had to feed him more in order to counter balance his activity with intake.

Melissa

Kell Guest

Well we had Will weighed measured yesterday, he is now a whopping 11.5kg, 79cm long and head cir. 49cm - he is off the graph for everything! Between him and Molly (19kg) i am certainly getting a workout pushing them both in the pram! Thanks for the tips re snacks, he doesnt like rusks much but i will try toast, i was giving him arrowroot biscuits too but worried about the sugar. I am going into target today to layby their winter clothes for next year, 30% off! I always try and layby the year b4 so i dont have a huge bill at the beginning of each new season.
    Cindy - I realised that when a new thread is created your subscription is cancelled and so you have to subscribe to the new one to get updates. Glad you had a good time away! I wouldnt worry about the weight loss, i agree that her moving so much will help her burn off more
    Tracey - If Jordan seems content i wouldnt worry about offering more solids, he will let you know when he is hungry, or not
    Kristie - You will get used to the lumps and bumps trust me LOL It seems that Molly has had bruises for about 3 years, she never seems to be without at least 2, and i imagine boys are a lot worse LOL Hope you have a nice relaxing day after yesterday...
    Nikki - how are u feeling today?

Love Kell

Kristie- I remember tori was covered in bumps and bruises when she firset started crawling and she was on carpet too, I think my knees would bruise if I was on them all the time too.

Well, tori scared the crap out of me today, I turned my back on her for literally 10 seconds and next thing I knew she was up the first flight of stairs and holding onto one and jumping! My god did I get her off there fast! Looks like I am going to have to go and buy another gate tomorrow, I so dont want her cracking her head on the way down the stairs.

Has anyone heard from Nikki? I hope all is ok.

Sorry, have to go, just realised the time and I have to drop my brothers at basketball tonight!

Till tomorrow my friends!

hi guys,im hear.i am feeling HEAPS better today,i actually did what i really needed to do,i put chantelle into my best friends creche,she is the manager there.i dropped her off at 10am and picked her up at 3pm.i slept for 2 hours and then went and had my hair done,i cannot beleive what a difference it has made,i feel alot more recharged and energetic and far less emotional today.i needed some time away from her as i was starting to resent her,i was just so sleep deprived and exhausted that i couldnt find even a single ounce of strength to smile at her,i wanted to change that feeling quick smart so decided to have a break from her,she had a great day and slept and ate better than she has for me at home.she was so relaxed tonight and all the anger and frustrations she was feeling just seemed to vanish along with mine.i missed her and i needed that to appreciate her again,we have had such an awful time with her being sick and also not sleeping that it was just sending me over the edge.so far she has been asleep for 2 hours staright,the longest in the last 2 weeks,i think she may be on the mend.dh has been absolutly fantastic and has been getting up to her at night time to help me but he too is absolutly exhausted as he has to work,this morning he was up at 3am with her and she didnt se4ttle until 6am and then had to go to work at 6am,poor thing and he has really tried not to complain as he can see that i am at my wits end.
    i am actually looking forward to the school holidays,i really enjoy having the boys at home and it is great not having to be bloody every where for school and sports,i can veg a bit and i think i need it.the boys have a few things planned for the holidays so they will be kept busy anyway.
    kristie,maybe louise is getting bruises from falling to his knees when he stands up?hope you enjoy the break from work over the holidays aswell.
    tracey,i would maybe offer jordan 3 meals a day and as kristie said start with small portions and increase them when he needs more.that is what i did from the time she was 6 months old aswell.
    so far i still have no m/s and i dont even feel prg at all.just tired.
    our house goes to auction next weekend,tomorrow is our last open house inspection,i reaaly do hope it sells.if you want to see it go to raywhite under the quick search heading type in hillside in the location bar.ours is the one that has the heading ULTIMATE IN STYLE AND LUXURY.tell me what you think if you find it.by the way it doesnt always look that clean LOL!!!!
    well enough from me for now,you guys have been chatting so much that it is a bit hard to catch up on all personals but i hear you all loud and clear,thankyou all for being sooooo well you know...LOL!
    love nikki

Nikki - having some time to yourself has done you wonders. I hope you do it more often!

Kell - what a big boy! I can't believe the weight differences between all our bubbas!

Tracey - we started on toast about a month ago? It's great when she wants to feed herself but she is having mushy food. She holds the toast & I get food in her mouth in between. Well that's the theory anyway...

We had a really bad night the night before last. Emma seemed to have a cold, ended up sleeping with us, but I didn't get much sleep. She woke about every 1/2 hour. Last night was good though, back to being up once at 2:30am.

She is going SO well with her commando crawling!! I can't believe it! She can go metres at once! I'm so amazed at how quickly they learn!!!

Just a quick one from me - I have taken a whole heap of photos of Emma today & updated her website if you want to take a look

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast