Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #11

Hi!

I took Louis to the drs and it just seems to be the standard virus which is going around which is good iykwim....Poor little monkey sounds all rattly though. He said if it isn't gone by the end of the week to get him some penicillin, but I really want to avoid that unless I really have to. He's been falling asleep in my arms today though so it really must be taking it out of him. It's so gorgeous when they do that (as long as its not every night - he hehe)

Nikki - I hope you're ok! I'm thinking of you....

Kell - Poor Molly - I hope she feels better soon.

Melissa - My SIL called me up to tell me about that!! DH didn't get home until later and I was at the dr as well so no-one was home when he would have come back....whoops. They did say on the show that they have no right to charge you money. The more that I think about it the more that I don't want to do it as we all do the census for that type of info and all the reports on the bos are paid for by big business. I really don't feel like sitting there telling them all our personal details and how much we earn etc....Thanks for letting me know that it was on though!!!

Tracey - Yeah on waking up feeling refreshed - always a good thing! Always nice to have a quiet day at work and a bit of celebrity spotting!

K - Hope you're all well - speak soon

cindy,thats great about kmart,looks loke she will have work in no time at all,we havnt got our photos yet,have you received the password etc to get on her sight,we havnt.
    went to the dr today and was sent for an ultra sound,i was absolutly shocked to hear that the baby is actually ok,i still cant beleive it as i lost soooo much blood and it is still coming in dribs and drabs,he said that my uterus is bleeding quite heavily and we are definantly not out of the danger zone,the baby is measuring exact to dates and heart was fine,but the amount of blood in there was enormous and they dont know why,they think it is due to stress,that makes sence to me as the last 2 weeks have just been awful.chantelle has been fantastic the last 3 night only waking for 1-2 feeds so i am feeling far more refreshed and coping alot better.i have to go back on thursday for another scan and every week after that to monitor things,so we will see how we go.dh was sooo thrilled and is just a very happy man right now.,i am just as confused as ever.....
    kristie,glad you liked my house.looks good on the net i must say,when are you and cindy coming out?any time is good for me,wednesday is good for tracey.let us know.there is no hurry whenever you feel up to it and your little ones are feeling better,i am sending recovery vibes to all the sick bubs and patience vibes to all the mummies.
    love nikki

Oh my goodness Nikki that's amazing! Actually it sounds remarkably like my pregnancy with Gus. I started bleeding really heavily (like soaking 4 maternity pads an hour!!!) at 5 wks and continued bleeding fresh blood until wk 19. We were told by our GP at 5wks that we'd lost the baby and referred to have an u/s to double check. Then the u/s was at such an early stage that there wasn't a heartbeat (we had our dates a little wrong) so the sonographer said most likely we'd lost the baby as well. Then the next week I had to go back for another scan before we went for a d&C, but instead we found out Gus was now registering a strong heartbeat. Totally blew us away! Then we had weekly scans from there (cause of all the bleeding) until he was born. Hope the bleeding stops soon for you! xx

Wow Nikki! I can't believe it - what a shock for you after fearing the worst. I hope it stops soon for you. Oh what an ordeal to go through!!! I hope you get enough rest in the next few days....
    I would love to come out and see you soon - This week I'm babysitting my niece and nephew on Wed and next week we have our local mothers group so maybe the wed after that???? I don't know what suits everyone else though.....

Kirsty - Geez Gussy was such a fighter from early on - I remember you posting and it was such a scary time.....and just look at him now!! What a little champion!

Sweet dreams! We haven't heard from Louis yet so far tonight so cross fingers. I went and checked on him and he's looking very comfortable! hehe.

That's great news Nikki! I hope you are doing OK & resting up!

Kell Guest

Wow Nikki that's great news, also that C is sleeping better. I'm glad to hear you're feeling more refreshed, hopefully this will help you sort thru your feelings and emotions...
    Kristie - Poor Louis, hope he feels better soon.
    Tracey - I'm pretty sure bonds go up to 2, we are in 1's now but we dont have many bonds suits. Molly had some in size 2 I am sure....
    Linda - Hope you had a good sleep
    Melissa - I find that sets dont fit Will well. You know the pants and shirt sets, if i get size 1 the top fits well (sometimes even bit snug) but the pants while they sometimes fit are sometimes too long, but size 0 the top is too snug and the pants are mostly too short, but again sometimes fit - he is just at that awkward in between size where nothing fits well

Had a good night here - cold brrrrr. My mum gets her results today (bowel cancer test)
    Anyone else on depo? I am thinking about it as DH and i cant definitely say no to more bubs so no vasectomy yet, but need some contraception for now. I'd prefer non hormonal contraception but cant think of anything except condoms or iud - anyone else have ideas?

Hi!

Well we had a good night here so hopefully it means Louis is on the mend. He only woke once at about 12.30am for his dummy and then up for the day at 6.30am. I'm really messing up his sleep signs in the morning though - he's yawning away but just won't go down so I think he's better off being up around 2 1/2-3 hours.....

Anyone thinking of dropping the 4th feed yet/soon?? I think Louis will make the transition really well as he's not that fussed really....we'll soon see I suppose.

Kell - I hope all goes well with your Mums test results - how scary. I'm thinking of you both today!!
    Can't help you with the contraception...I'm on the mini-pill but only for another 2 1/2 weeks! Woohoo!
    I booked in to see my dr yesterday as well and couldn't get in until the 21st July!! But I'll just get a check up and my iron tested etc....

Nikki - How are you today?? I hope the boys are letting you have a sleep in!!

Smile So happy for you Nikki

Nicole - I am so happy that everything is ok with bubs. What a roller coaster ride you have been on lately. Hopefully everything will settle down soon and you can enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.
    Linda - I work at foxtel so we often have people off the channels come in to see us. Its nice but sometimes its a bit silly. We had the aussie next top models in, I love that show so like it when they bring them in. We have also had Thorpe and some footballers in, nice to perve at if nothing else.
    Kristie - I tried to drop the last feed (10pm) however Jordan was waking up early AM and wouldnt settle without boobs so I guess we will keep it a little longer. He isnt really on 3 solid meals yet so maybe once they are regular he will drop the feed.
    I hope that Louis feels better soon. Its a good sign his sleeping is getting back to normal.
    Kell- Will must be a long little boy to have issues already with pant sizes. He may end up a very tall little guy. Are the men in your family tall?
    Kirsty - how is your pilates going?

Well I am off to work this afternoon. Done the washing and have given Jordan a full jar of solids (over 2 sittings) I think I tried to feed him them too early this morning.

Have a nice afternoon everyone.

Nicole - Did you want to catch up at all tomorrow? Is it school holidays in Vic yet?

Kell - we had a better night, thanks. IKWYM about the sizing. Emma doesn't seem to fit the same sizes in different brands so it makes it hard - esp buying off ebay!

Kristie - glad you had a better night too. I haven't dropped any feeds & wouldn't dare LOL. I'd be too scared she'd wake more at night! :eek:

Tracey - cool meeting lots of celebs!

I've just come back from the gym. I've had big issues with the creche manager, & I'm afraid they arent going away. Emma bawled as soon as she saw her yesterday. Today she was crying, but a really sad cry IYKWIM. Like as soon as she saw me she got emotional & then happy as soon as I cuddled her. I might add she isn't like that normally when I leave her, it's only with this one lady. I REALLY don't like her & it's becoming a really big issue for me. My gym time keeps me sane, I love it, but I feel so lousy leaving Emma with someone I dislike so much...

Nikki - You've made my day to hear that bub is still in place Time for some major R and R for you I think...

Kell - I refuse to buy anything for Benjamin off the rack, unless he's there now, and would rather buy his tops and bottoms seperate because he's also odd sizes top and bottom. I prefer to go op shopping for some things. Singlets and socks I prefer to buy new.

Tracey - Big W up here sells bonds all in one suits up to size one. They are a very small size one though.

Melissa

Nikki, I am SOOOO glad everything is ok with bubs. Now we just have to pray your little fighter keeps swimming and that your bleeding stops soon! Sending all the "get well" vibes I can muster.... Will be thinking of you.

Hi all, I sooo know what u mean about clothes sizes. Jess is a size 0, but in a lot of her size 0 suits she pops the press studs *LOL*. Little porker is 9kgs already! But she's so active and cute. The only prob is she's already got me worked out and knows if she cries I pick her up. So have recently decided to break her of that. Well the Tantrums she throws when I don't pick her up! Talk about EAR SPLITTING! But she doesn't realise that makes me more determined not to give in to her. So battle of wills here!!
    We get the keys to OUR OWN HOUSE today. Our very first house! I am so happy. Not happy about the state the vendors left it in. It hasn't even been vacummed and the carpets are dirty, dust everywhere, one of the walls has a gouge out of it and there is nothing we can do about it! We tried fighting for some of our money back to cover the expense of fixing and cleaning, but they say it's not bad and the stupid estate agent agrees with them! *GRRRRRR!* If we pull out we lose 20K so we have to go ahead (and we want to too as we love the house....just not happy they won't even give us $250 to cover cleaning expenses etc). So this afternoon will be spent cleaning and moving boxes....Yay. A GF of mine has said she will babysit for me which is HEAVEN sent as don't know how we can clean carpets when two babies are playing on them....

Give your bubbas a hug for me. I'd better run! Talk to you later!!!!!!!

congrats on your new home Kerrie!! How exciting. I hope the move goes well!

Hi!

Linda - sorry to hear your still having dramas at the gym. What a pain - can you change gyms? Not that you should have to but maybe just for your own sanity and of course Emmas wellbeing. How frustrating though!!! I think you should at least be allowed to terminate your membership without incurring fines....

Kerrie - What a cheeky little thing! hehehe. They work us out pretty quickly don't they?? Louis is now so hard put down in his cot during the day - I'm sure it's because he knows how to stand up in there now and it's more fun than just closing his eyes and going to sleep. Everytime I go in and put him back on his back he cracks it big time! Little Terrors......
    Congrats on moving into your house!! How exciting for you. Getting the girls babysat sounds like a great idea. It would be so hard. Grr at them leaving it in such a mess - I don't know how people can do that - it's so rude.

just got back from the health center,chantelle is developing really well and they are happy with her except for her weight.she has weighed in at 6.9 kilos.she is just under the 10th percentile and only put on 300 grams in 2 months.they want to see her again in 4 weeks to monitor it,im not sure why she is so little as she breast feeds well and on demand and has her 3 solid meals a day with no problems at all.i think it is just that she has been sick alot this last few months and maybe becuase my milk has changed...dont know....they havnt told me to change anything...so we will see how she goes in 4 weeks time.she slept all night last night again with 1 feed at 4.30...woohooo!!!!
    nikki

I would try not to worry too much about it Nikki, they are all different & some very active which burns more off.

Kristie - Yeah, I could change gyms, there is only one other one though & it's not nearly as good. All the good instructors are at the one I'm at. but if it came down to it I would change. I have been thinking a lot about it too. I think though that if I told them I was leaving they would do something more about the situation. I just don't want it to come to that...

Hi!

Nikki - That's great that Chantelle is going well - I wouldn't stress too much - they're obviously not too worried if she's doing so well in every other area and eating plenty. How are you feeling today?

Linda - What an awkward situation. I would sit down with one of the managers and tell them you feel you have no choice but to leave if they won't do anything but would love to stay???? What a pain - especially when it's something you enjoy so much...grrrr

Kell Guest

Hi
    Tracey - Yep all the men in dh's family are over 6'4 (up to 6'8, i also think he has an uncle who is close to 7' :eek: )

Linda - I hate that different brands have different sizes, Molly can be anywhere from a 3 to a 5! I try and layby their clothes for the next year in advance but it's getting harder to pick the sizes, i wish i could use ebay more too... Can you go to the gym at a time when that lady is not there? maybe you should speak to the gym manager, it could be that other parents are having the same issues and they need to do something? I think i read in another thread you had written a letter - did that go anywhere?

Kerrie - Congrats on the new house, that must be soooo exciting (apart from the mess grrr)

Kristie - Thanks for your thoughts, mum's tests came back NEGATIVE YAY!! She still has to have a colonoscopy every two years from now on tho..

Nikki - YAY on the great sleeping - you need it I wouldnt worry too much about the weight gain, as you say she has been sick and it sounds like she is happy and content so obviously eating as much as she needs.

I am so sick of being sick!! I have now caught Molly's cold, just as she gets over it grrr. Now that she has started school she catches everything and then of course i catch it off her! We have a local dept store having a huge kids clothes sale atm, yesterday i got a gorgeous spud kids winter coat from $40 reduced to $10! I might go back today and have another look (molly had a tanty when i wouldnt buy her gumboots so i had to leave )
    Hope you all had a good sleep last night...

Hi!

Well we had an ok night. Louis was so excited to have his cousins over last night that he wouldn't eat his dinner or have his last feed properly so I was up feeding him at 5am this morning. It took a while to get him back down but he had a bit of a snooze to 7.20am. The best thing was that my niece and nephew then looked after him and I slept in for another hour! Woo hoo. They're 7 and 9 so they just loved it!!

Kell - I'm so glad to hear about your mum - what a relief!!! Winter's so bad for colds - they just seem to go around and around. Sounds like a great sale - worth going back to thats for sure!

I'm off to myer toy sale today with the kids just to see if there's anything worth Lay-bying for his b'day.....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast