Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #11

Kell Guest

Linda - sounds like the sore throst is doing the rounds
    Kristie - yeah since Will doesnt move much (until v recently) he has more energy to devote to making noise LOL Maybe he'll be an academic like his dad, not a sports star LOL

Kell - Benjamin is a gas bag, he talks heaps, he's currently saying mum-ma, dad-da, bub-bub, bubba boo, love you, hello and more of an unfavorable and thanks to my step dad "bloody hell" It's not the nicest thing to have come out of an 8 month old. He proudly thought it was nice last week to tell his dad-da "dad-da, bloody hell love you" I had a chuckle but was quick to say, "look out pop-pa!" when I see him, I'm having a few words to him about his choice of words he uses around Benjamin.

Thanks for the birthday wishes girls!

Get well to all with a sore throat

Melissa

Wow Melissa! What a clever boy. I can't believe he says all that! That's amazing!

PMSL Melissa!!! sorry, i shouldn't laugh! He is so clever!!

Guess what? Emma said 'mum' twice this morning! I couldn't get her to say it again, she just kept shaking her head at me! So I don't know if it was a fluke or not. If she does it more I will say it counts, but I'm not convinced. It was still fun at the time!

Kell Guest

Linda - might be a fluke, but Molly used to absolutely refuse to do anything we asked of her so Emma may just be stubborn LOL.
    Melissa - that is pretty funny, out of the mouths of babes as they say LOL. Molly was eating breakfast the other morning with DH and sai "Daddy i am etting quite sick of you" PMSL..

Kell Guest

new ticker photo, and i have just realised over 200 posts!

LOL Kell - stubborn sounds like a good description! Yay on 200 posts! Keep it up! & the photo is cute!!! - love the rosy cheeks!

Gorgeous Picture Kell!

Kell - I have to agree, that's a very good picture. Will's done some growing since the last one.

Melissa

Happy birthday Melissa, I hope you have a lovely day and that your DH spoils you today and over the weekend. Birthdays are a great time to ask for massages, sleep-ins and for DH to cook you a yummy breakfast he he! Can't believe Benjamin was standing on his own. How exciting! Sounds like you are about to have to do a lot of extra house baby-proofing in the near future! Wow - and he seems young to be speaking all those words. What a clever boy!!! Must catch people by surprise when he is still so young but can do so much!

Kristie, Gus woke at 6am today as well, and also must have decided it was a bit early as he went back down for some more sleep at about 7.30am. DH was up at 5am watching the football and I think let out a "roar" cheer that I think woke Gus. Perhaps your DH did the same? Naughty boys! Louis sounds like he's having a big learning spurt at the moment. Thinking of him practising standing up and sitting down puts a big smile on my face. Sounds very cute!

Linda, I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with the gym creche. Tis amazing to think the gym may well lose members b/c of this woman! Doesn't seem like good business sense to me. Hope a solution acceptable to you comes about very soon. Hope your sore throat goes away quickly. Sorry to hear Emma didn't sleep well again last night.

Kell, Hope your throat is much better today and that your voice has recovered. Lovely to hear your mum is ok. Must have been quite a scare for you all! Congrats to Will on mastering rolling. Must be very cute watching Will roll all over the floor. This should help him to chase after Molly. he he. Our bubbas really are at a gorgeous age! I LOVE your new ticker picture. Will looks absolutely adorable!

Tracey, Well done on the nail biting front. Must be encouraging to be seeing some new "white" growth. Keeping your nailed covered in polish sounds like a clever strategy! Love the sound of your costume for the party.

Kerrie, Congratulations on your new home. Hope you are settling in nicely. Must be three days that you've been there now so I guess there is still loads to be done. Hope you get some relaxation time in at some stage over the weekend.

Nikki, How are things with you? Has the bleeding stopped? Look after yourself honey.

Hi to everyone else.

Gus has mastered removing his new helmet. It's driving me crazy. He pulls and pushes at it until it comes off. Until today he hasn't known how to undo the velcro strap, so he was pulling it straight up and off. So the narrow part at the base of the back of the helmet was having to push up over the wide part of his head to get it off. The poor little tike's head is covered in purple and red bruises from it all. I was asked yesterday whether I had dropped him - cause his bruising is so bad!!! I look like a very neglectful mummy. But then today he worked out how to undo the velcro. I was driving in the car with him and I heard "rrrriiiipppp" as the velcro came undone and the next thing I know the helmet comes thumping into the front passenger seat. Gus had taken it off and then threw the nasty helmet away. Aghhhh not sure what the next step is. I think it will be an under the chin strap.

Had a lovely day today. I dropped Fergus off to Tresillian's Occasional Care (between 9.30am and 2.15pm) and then went into the city to do some shopping and to meet one of my darling working girlfriends for lunch. Was soo lovely. Had some yummy risotto and a beer down at Circular Quay. he ha! Was lovely to catch up with non-baby stuff. Shopping was not so successful. I've been looking everywhere for a thick jumper. I can't seem to find anything really warm in all my usual chain store spots. Lately I have been seeing ads for a particular shop that seemed to be selling exactly the type of jumpers I was after. From the ads it looked like it might be a little more expensive than I am used to so DH had said I could spoil myself and spend up to $200 on one if I saw something I really really liked. he ha. So I made a trip to the store today to discover it was sooooo out of my league. Their jumpers ranged between $800 and $2300. Can you believe it????!!! I thought I was being extravagant with my budget. he ha! Needless to say I left the store very empty handed. And, now I've had time to reflect I think my original budget of $200 is probably to much to spend at this time in my life given the frequency with which vomit and pureed pear etc ends up on my clothes!

Anyhoo, this has turned into a marathon post so will sign off here. Hope you are all having a lovely Friday.
    Last edited by Kirsty EW; June 23rd, 2006 at 04:33 PM.

Hi Kirsty!

What a cheeky little boy learning to undo his helmet. Hmmm not to sure how you tackle that one. They're just a bit too clever at the moment!! I bet you he loves the fact that he knows how to take it off now (and with no more bruises....!) How nice it must have been for you to have a break like that!! I'm very jealous!! Wow on the price of jumpers!! I could never spend those kind of dollars - well not unless I was very very wealthy anyway....Maybe you could invest $200 on a nice warm jacket instead??? What store were they at? Sonya hopkins probably - although I think all her stuff is in cashmere....
    Anyway, glad you had a nice day out! Have a good weekend!

Kell Guest

Kirsty - LOL @ Gussy figuring out his helmet, i was laughing as i pictured the helmet flying into the front seat! I can just imagine the cheeky 'you cant stop me mum' look in his eyes too LOL. Yep, it is a good idea to remember children will almost always ruin anything you want to keep really nice. I can wear trackies etc around the house with no probs as soon as i put on something (even relatively) nice Will will vomit or Molly will get texta all over me - it is the law of children 800 for a jumper is beyond extravagant! Glad to hear you had a nice lunch anyway, i find tho that i so look forward to 'me' time and then it goes so fast!
    Thanks for all the compliments re the new photo - i of course think he is just beautiful so cute in fact he is tempting me to have another hehe

OMG Kirsty at the $800 jacket! :shock: I can't believe Gus has figured out his helmet! What a clever boy!! Sounds like you had a great day, that must have made you feel fantastic!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

melissa,happy birthday maty,hope you had a great day,and were spoilt rotten.
    well today is the day,our AUCTION is at 1pm,we have a bit of interest so hopefully something comes from it,i am a bit nervous and excited at the same time,will let you know how it all goes.
    nikki

Hi!

Good Luck Nikki!!!!!! I hope it sells for a price that you're happy with!!!

Kell - Oooohhhhh another one hey?????

Not much happening with us. Louis woke at 6am for a feed and then went back to sleep until 8.40am!!! Woo hoo sleep in for me on a Sat morning. I have to go and do food shopping - boring....

Have a good one!

I hope the auction went well Nikki. Hope you have some good news to pass on to us!

Very busy weekend here. Been at tennis today & DHs birthday bbq tomorrow. Heaps of cooking to do tonight.

We went to a toy auction last night. OMG - so many awesome toys that all went for only a few dollars! We spent just over $60 & got so much awesome stuff! Lamaze toys & fisher price & a tickle me cookie monster & heaps more. Stoked!!!

Linda- the auction sounds great!! How did you hear about that??

We're off to dinner tonight for SIL b'day.... BIL is babysitting so we can go out and relax and Louis will be warm and toasty at home.

Have a good one!

Ooh - have a fun night off Kristie! The auction was run by my SIL. She runs a playgroup & they were fundraising for a new shadesail. When we got there there were SO many toys - & only about 8 people!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast