Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in October 2005 #16

Linda and Nikki I hope tonight that both Emma and Chantelle settle for you both and get a good night sleep. If you can stick it out it certainly does work. When Jordan was about 2 months he was waking every 2 hrs for a feed and I was giving it to him. The doctor told me not to offer boobs unless it was time for him to eat and give him just a dummy or water, like you both are doing. It took a couple nights but was well worth it. Lets hope it doesnt take long to break the bad sleep cycle they are in.

Jordan was a little upset going to bed tonight. he has 2 more top teeth coming thru now so think they might be giving him greif. Cant wait for day off tomorrow, off to swimming and then shopping with an old school friend.

Take care everyone

Hi!

Well, today was very emotional as you would expect (dh oma's funeral) Everything went smoothly though which was good.
    We dropped Louis of at my Mums and he was happy and had a great day with which was good! Thats the longest I've been without him and I was dying to give him a cuddle by the end of the day. I had a really bad headache all day but seems to be easing now...
    With sleep - It's amazing how quickly a bad habit can be formed I think. Mum soothed him to sleep both times today and tonight when we put him down he was not happy. Normally he puts himself to sleep but yeah he had a real struggle tonight. I was feeling bad because I didn't know if he was scared that we'd leave him again and was tempted to pick him up and give him a cuddle but was strong and now he's sleeping peacefully. It's such a fine line between wanting to comfort them and setting yourself up for some bad sleep iykwim?
    Anyway...so tired - I think I'll have a big cry now to the Terri Irwin interview. I held back my big cry today because you don't want to look stupid (iykwim? You can't always have a big cry at a funeral - it's just usually sniffles and tears...) So I'll let it all out...hehehe. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight anyway - Louis was up at 6.15 this morning! grrrr.

Linda - Woohoo! Congrats on being so strong - I know it's soo hard but it will be worth it when she has a great nights sleep! Good luck tonight!

Kell - I had that the other day with my notifications....Hope Wills going well!

Nikki - Good luck for tonight as well! I'll be thinking of you and Linda! Just think of the potential uninterrupted sleep to come! Be strong!

Ok - going to watch tv - better get the tissues ready...

Hi all!

You girls have been so busy in here.

Linda - Well done with Emma!

Melissa

Tracey - I hope Jordan's teeth don't give him too much trouble.

Kristie - I'm glad the funeral went OK. They are so hard. Poor LOuis probably knew there was something going on too.

Thanks Melissa!

We had a better night here! Up at 10pm, 12pm & 5am. Still much better than it has been. And I only fed her at 5am. So I'm feeling better. Plus the sun is finally shining so I'm getting all my washing done too!

Kell Guest

Morning all, I hope the sleeps were good all round

Kristie - I hope you are feeling better today, funerals are always hard I left Will and Molly with a sitter yesterday too while I went out for lunch with friends and was missing them by the end of it. Will is having seperation issues too so he was grizzly without me and then wouldn't let me put him down when i got home lol

Tracey - hope the teeth don't cause too much grief!

Linda - Will is cutting down his afternoon sleep atm, to about 30-45 minutes too. I want him to have a short morning one and then a long afternoon one though, I guess they make up their own mind tho lol

btw thanks for the photo Kristie, it's nice to put faces to names
    We have exceeded our download limit for this month (15gb - must have dowloaded more tv shows than i thought :eek: lol) so my internet is much slower than usual which sucks but by sunday it will be better thankfully!
    Have a good day...

Hi Kell Bummer about the slow internet! Emma has only had 1 day sleep the last 2 days, so that might start being 'normal' for her, which is fine. I might have to start giving her dinner earlier though as last night she missed it...

Hi!

Linda - Glad you had a better night! Thats great. Ooh its a nice day here as well. My house is feral and I so need to do some washing as well...

Is anyone finding that their cheeky bubbas are waking up super early at the moment??? Louis was up at 6am this morning! I fed him and put him back down but he only lasted about 20min before wanting to get up and play. Do you think it has something to do with it getting lighter in the morning?? I suppose we're only a month of daylight savings so not sure whats going to happen then....
    I think I'll have to start going to bed earlier with him up so early or I'm going to be tired! I shouldn't really complain though because he even though he was a bit cheeky to settle he didn't wake up once through the night!

K - better get organised. I wrote a to do list this morning and I actually think it will take me a month to get it all done! hehehe.

OOh I was too slow replying!

Hi Kell! There's nothing worse than slow internet...

LInda - I found with Louis that he might have two days of 1 sleep then a few days of 2 sleeps etc. I think it really depended on how busy we were in the day iykwim?

Kell Guest

Ikwym about the housework - i have sooo much to do yuk! Yep both Will and Molly are waking about 5.45 6ish because it is so light in the mornings - they come into bed with me while dh has his walk which is nice

Tori is in the waking early group too!! Around 5.30 at the moment. She has been sleeping better though, has been going down around 9 and waking at about 12 for a cuddle (usually ending up in bed wth us) and thats it all night, Its great and she better keep it up!!

Had the weigh in today and she is finally putting the weight on again!! She has gained 300gms which brings her to 7.8 kg! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was so good to catch up with everyone the other day, Tori fell asleep before I had even got out of your street Tracey so I can appreciate jordan going down so fast too!

Linda - Hows the sleeping going? Was emma better for you last night? I cant believe she doesnt sleep long during the day either!

Tracey - I was going to let you know that the cheap gates I was talking about are at Toys R us!

Kristie- Can I have the photo too???? It looks great!

I have my interview later today so will let you all know how it goes~

Cindy - Good Luck!!!! I so hope you get the job!!! It sounds like you'd be perfect for it!

Woohoo!!! Thats fantastic that Tori has put on some weight! You must be relieved. She does seem to be eating a bit more when I've seen her!

Kristie - Emma's up at around 6am atm too.

Cindy - good luck at the interview!! That's great Tori is gaining weight again. She is a similar weight to Emma.

Only 3 more sleeps until Emma's birthday party! I'm starting to get excited! I'm more excited than if it were my own party LOL. I've been putting away little bits & pieces for months now. I've made up little lolly bags with a photo & message on them & a pinyata (for the oler cousins ) I'm going to do a donut eating thing & Brian has drawn a big donkey for pin the tail on the donkey (he used to draw at Disney - so he's pretty good ) & the weather is forecast to be good too - Yay!!!!

chantelle has always been an early riser,she gets up between 5 and 6 am every day,i must admit though for me to be able to manage that i am in bed at about 8.30 every night.yawnnnnn!!!!!!
    good luck cindy,be sure to let us know how you go at the interview.
    as for last night we didnt get to start cc.i fell asleep on the couch before i got to talk to dh about our plan and when she woke at 11 he had bought her in to me so it was too late.will start tonight.
    well done linda,you should be very proud of yourself.you will start to see some massive improvments over the next few nights keep it up.
    kristie thanks for the photos,i had to laugh,you can tell which one i am with the belly sticking out LOL!!!!!
    nikki

Yep - knew it was you Nikki - you are looking great!

You all are!!!

Hi!

Linda - Ooh not long to go at all!! I'm not organised at all (surprise surprise!) I've got his pressies but I haven't organised anything for his bbq. I wasn't going to go to crazy with decorations or anything as we'll be in the park. Probably just a few balloons because Louis loves them. I agree - I'm way more excited about this than any of my b'days...

Nikki - Nevermind...good luck starting tonight!! I so hope you can get her sleeping well for you! I was in bed by 10.30 but it's just not early enough for a 6am rise....

Dh's workmate is going to the melb show so I've asked him to get a couple of showbags for Louis. The bananas in pyjamas and New mcdonalds farm ones are great! They have no lollies just lots of fun stuff! If he can get them I'm going to wrap everything individually for Louis' b'day and then I can start giving him presents early! hehehe. I so want to give him some new things to play with. It's close enough now that I can be cheeky. It's not like he knows I'm giving him things early! hehehe.

Kristie you make me laugh. We havent even started shopping for Jordans bday. But I know if we had I would have given him things already. Hope you are getting you TO DO List done LOL
    Linda what a great effort with the CC. Sounds as though it is working well.
    Cindy Yeah on the weight gain and I hope the interview goes well today. LOL about Tori being asleep before the end of the st, it isnt a long st at all, thats so quick.
    Nikki bummer about the game plan not going ahead. Good luck tonight and keep stong.
    Kell having the kids in bed with you would be nice in the morning. I like to turn tele on and watch sunrise wth Jordan.

Well today I met up with an old school friend, it was nice. She has never seen Jordan before and he was really good whilst we ate lunch. He fell asleep just as I turned into the main rd in caroline springs which is always the way but he transfered really well.
    He has sucked his thumb red raw so I have given him the dummy so hope it will heal up a bit. He just loves his thumb.
    Swimming went well, he is really enjoying it and plays with the other mums and bubs which is nice.

Speak later. ENjoy the nice sunshine everyone.

hey kristie,how did you find our old pregnancy belly buddies group.i went to the archives and only found old belly belly polls.i really want to have a read about what i was going through at this stage of pregnancy with chantelle to make some comparisons.
    nikki

Nikki. to get to the archive you go to the very bottom where it says archive and then its under belly buddies.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast