Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in October 2005 #16

HI guys - Its quiet in here for having been a weekend! Everyone must have been busy!

I cant believe that birthdays are happening already! Tori and louis are next monday!

wellI finally got Tori into swimming lessons and today we had her first one and she was a star! She didnt like it when I tried to get her to crawl on the floating mat but I'm sure she will get the hang of it soon enough!

Well, on the work front I called the dentist this morning and left a message about my being pregnant and she just called to say I have the job!!! She still wants me can you believe it! I'm so glad I told her and I dont have to hide anything! I have to call her back later this afternoon to talk to her. I cant believe she still wants me, she must have called my old boss and she told her I worked right through the pregnancy etc. I cant believ I am going to be working again!! The money will come in handy atleast.

I must be off, will check in with you all later, have to take tori to the osteopath! I have noticed she is only turning from her back in one direction so I am hoping the osteo can help her out yet again!

congratulations cindy,what a releif that you were able to tell her and she still wants you.it must feel so good not having to hide it from her and she will obviously understand all the hurdles you will go through while you are preg and have a new born,well done girl.
    nikki

Hi!

Cindy - Thats fantastic! Congratulations!!! So what day will you be working? Yeah on Tori's swimming lesson! Louis has his first one on Thurs morning! I can't wait.

We've had a busy day shopping! I'm so procrastinating on work...not very good. I'm even preferring to do housework than sit down and do paperwork - hehehe.

I thought it was meant to be rainy here today but it's another beautiful day! Summer is on its way! So glad I got an air conditioner especially now that I'll be super p/g at the hottest times.

Forgot to add - we looked at land while we were away on the weekend and somehow we've gone from wanting 10-15acres to 100+ acres. Hehehe. It was so hard to come home - I think we'd definitely be trying to move sooner if we weren't having this bubba!!!

Yay Kell!!! That's great!

Kristie - wow on 100+ acres!! Good on you! I love farm life!!

All's well here - 2 nights of sleeping through in a row!!!

Wow Linda - thats fantastic!!!!!!! I hope she keeps it up for you. What a great b'day pressie! hehehe.

Linda I am sooo pleased for you with the 2 sleep thru's I bet you feel like a new women!
    Cindy yeah on the job front and its good they know about the pregnancy. Even though i was encouraging you not to say anything ( i am sneaky) it is good that they know and still offered you the job.
    Kristie WOW on the 100+ acres, that would be awesome. You would have your own farm! Hope Louis enjoys the swimming lessons

Well alls well here. We have learnt a new face "suprise face" which is just gorgeous. He is also shaking his head NO NO NO. I bought invites for his bday today so finally organising something. Gee we are slack.
    Cant wait for day off tomorrow. Heaps of housework but hopefully I will get it done early.

Is anyone giving their bubs the toddler milk? I was thinking of giving Jordan it in the mornings instead of boobs? what brand is good?

Tracey - I've just gone straight to cows milk when I don't bf. It's much easier & enough at this age. Emma has a wow face too - so cute!!!

Linda - Yay! Sleep is good..

Tracey - Benjamin isn't too fussed with any other milk but breast milk, unless of course the milk is flavoured.

Cindy - We start swimming lessons in a fortnights time. Congrats on the new job!

Kristie - 100 acres is a lot of land, I'd be happy with an acre or 2. I suppose in the end, you've got to weigh up how much space you need for what you're going to do or like to do with it. Think big!

Hi!

Tracey - Jordans new "face" sounds cute! Nup I won't be giving Louis toddler milk. I want to drop his 6.30pm feed next week so I'll just have to keep offering him plain cows milk until he gives in - hehehe!!!

Melissa - It certainly is! We like the thought that you'll get a really nice view as well with 100 acres surrounding us. All the little pockets up there that are 10-15 acres seem to have the houses very close together iykwim? Our dream property will end up with a couple of cows, sheep, horses, some chickens and of course dogs! We also want to put in an orchard and a big veggie garden as well as I'd like to regenerate a large section back to bushland as a lot of the land up there is cleared. Of course dh is into motorbikes and cars so he wants to put in tracks for those. Oh yeah and dams and gardens....See - just as well I won't be working! hehehe. The best thing is there will be no timeline - it will probably take us 20 years! hehehe. If we tried to do all that on 10-15 acres it wouldn't really work - we wouldn't have just any open land it would all be taken up with something! Anyway...I get too excited about it all!

I'm back to work this afternoon! There's so much to do for the concert. If I can just get through this next month it will be all good!

K - better go do the vacuuming - the floor looks disgusting!

Kristie, if you give up Louis's night feed will he be fulle weaned? your property dreams sounds wonderful, I hope that you get it all, with a couple of guest rooms for the Oct mums and bubs to visit ofcourse!!!!!!!
    Melissa good luck with the swimming lessons, Jordans love going to his
    Linda hope that Em is still sleeping well. If everyone else has switched to cows milk maybe I will give the toddler milk a miss. Its one less thing we have to buy.
    Nikki how are you doing? hope all is well and Chantelle is sleeping well for you.
    Cindy hope you are well? When do you start new job?

Well Jordan crawled halfway down the hallway today (still commando) but he got there. He is soo close. Got his bday invites yesterday so will be sending them out this week. HOW EXCITING

Hi!

Tracey - No, Louis will still be having a morning feed. I'll probably keep that for another few weeks or so and then wean him. For sure - we will definitely have a guest house for everyone to visit!!
    Yeah on Jordan crawling up the hallway!! Wow!! I'm so bad...I bought heaps of invites and haven't sent any....needless to say my initial invitation list has gone from around 50 down to around 20 - hehehehe. I'm so lazy......

Go Jordan Go!

I like that idea too. I want fresh cows milk, freshly laid eggs and veges from my own garden too. Of course you'd have a few sheep and steers that didn't have names, specifically for eating. Once you name them, you can't eat them. Well, I know I wouldn't be able too. It would be great to be that self efficient.

Melissa

Hi guys!! Thanks for the congrats with the job.
    Tracey - I only endd up telling her coz i decided i didnt want to work and i thought it would have got me out of it! Didnt the back fire!!! The money will be good though so I am happy and would have been either way! Yay on jordans getting down the hall!!

Kristie - thats sounds great about the land. Is is chep to get land down there? You definately have to build a guest house!!

Nikki - how did chantelle go with the job? did it happen this time? did she lye still for them?

Melissa - I'm with you on the farm idea and not naming animals so they can be eaten!

Linda - I am so jealous of you having emma sleep through!! Thats fantastic, congratulations.

Tori had an alright night lastnight, pretty much right through but still realy restless! And she ended up in bed with us coz I couldnt sleep with her tossing and turning all night. I'm sure it will be heaps better once she has her own room and we move out!

Hi!

Cindy - No, it's not really cheap anymore. Most of the building blocks in Mansfield are comparable with prices down here! It's really boomed in the last few years, and you're still looking at 250-300 for a house. This particular block we're looking at isn't too badly priced but we haven't seen it all so the back of it could be really steep or rocky...we shall see.
    Cindy - I'm sure you'll all sleep so much better when you don't here Tori being so restless!! I can't sleep properly with Louis in our room so I can't imagine how you've done it this whole time!
    Oh...hang on - the new bubba is going to be in our room! hehe. We'll see how we go. As soon as Louis is old enough to go in a bed though they'll be sharing. Louis will have to put up with them if they're a bad sleeper! hehehe.

Melissa - and I'm vegetarian!! But, yeah I would heaps rather use an animal that we know what its eaten etc for the rest of the family. I agree - it definitely couldn't be our "pet" ones...

cindy,her job is at 3.15 this afternoon.they told me she is the only one going and that she WILL be used....we will see though,i will let you know how it goes when we get back.
    nikki

me agian,the commercial went well.
    it was at a house in brighton,in a babys bedroom,was lovely,she had to lie on the change table in her singlet and nappy and laugh and kick her legs,it only took a few tickles from mummy and she was a star,it took all of 5 minutes,they were really happy with her as she did exactly what they wnted her to do in the first take.they showed me the footage and it was great.dont know when it will be aired but if i hear i will let you know.if you do see it though please let me know cos naturally i want to tape it.
    it is a brand power add for a cream that can be used for different purposes including nappy time.that is all i know.
    we started cc on chantelle tonight.we got to the 6 minute mark when we put her to bed.fingers crossed it isnt a looong,sad,noisy,heartrenching night,last night was horrible and so we both agreed it was time to do something about it.
    nikki

Hi!

Nikki - Thats fantastic!!!! Ooh I can't wait to see her on the tv!!

Hmm I'll have to send through some more photos I think!

Good luck with the cc! I hope she sleeps beautifully for you!

Wow Nikki!!! How exciting! I will definitely watch out for it. Let us know when it's aired. Hope Chantelle goes well for you tonight.

I have HEAPS of work happening ATM, so sorry I'm so scarce. I am reading all your posts though, just don't always get time to respond...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast