Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #19

Have a wonderful christmas everyone and hope you all get spoilt like the Oct bubs will be.
    You have ben great friends to talk to this year cant wait to share 2007 with you all.

XX

Merry Christmas girls!! Thanks for the Chrissy wishes - I hope you all have a great day too!!!!

Well the day is over and what a big one it was!! Tori had aball though and was very good having two sleeps even with everyone around!
    I am off to bed though, i am buggered!
    I had flowers delivered today from tori! Aparently she asked her dad to order them for her as she doesnt havea credit card yet. Very cute! Its nice to get flowers.
    On the name front - i have decided to leave this one up to al, i chose toris name so this can be his turn and that way i dont have to think of it anymore!

Merry christmas to you all, i hope you all had a great day, and as Nikki said, you have all become such wonderful people to have in my life. Its unbelievable sometiems to think how good a group of friends you can make online!

Cindy how sweet of Tori to get you Flowers (or Al) so glad you all had a great day.

Well Jordan got Spoilt (as usual) and he was so good. He LOVED hos xmas lunch, he had everything. He went to bed at about 8.30 and was up at 8 this morning so I was rapted with that.
    I havent been able to get the house back into order though so I am hoping thursday I can get everything back to normal. We have a slide in the back room !!!!!

hoping you had a relaxing boxing day, or one filled with shopping at the sales.
    Take care I am off to bed as have to work tomorrow

Merry Christmas girls! I hope it's been a good one! I hope you all got spoiled (because I know the littlies would have!). AND I hope the stress is starting to lessen a little for you all. Sending my love and hugs to all!

Happy Christmas lovely mummies. Hope you have had a fantastic Christmas and are enjoying some relaxing holiday time with your families. We were lucky to get Fergus home from hospital in time for Christmas so that was his and our biggest present for the year. Hope 2007 is a better year for us and the best yet for all of you. xx

Kirsty - So nice to hear from you again after what seems like a while Was I reading correct when you said Gussy Boy came home from hospital for Christmas? Has he been unwell?

Benjamin thoroughly enjoyed Christmas day We've even got some good down pours of rain since yesterday. It's really cold here today...Brrr!

I hope you are all well? The 3 of us have had the sniffles since before Christmas, so we are hoping they go away soon.

Melissa

kirstie and kerrie,wow so good to hear from you both,it has been ages.
    kirstie,what has been going on with gussy boy?im glad you have him home now.is he ok???????
    kerrie,how are the girls going?ovarian cyct?are you ok?
    all well here.xmas was great,kids were spoilt and i got a beautiful bracelet from grant and the kids.had a great day with friends and family.i am exhausted though,the last week has caught up with me.i am in spring clean mode at the moment,want to get the house tip top before harry comes.we go to ocean grove on sat and sunday and then off to qld on tuesday.lots to do before then.
    i cant beleive i am having a baby in 3 weeks.!!!!!!!!!!hope he stays put till then.
    nikki

Yes Gussyboy (and I) was in hospital for several weeks. He has been refusing to eat for several months now and made himself really sick from malnutrition. He weighed 6.53kg on admission to hospital. This is seriously underweight for a 17 month old! We now have him home from hospital with a nasal gastric tube (which is a feeding tube put through his nose direct into his tummy) and we're hooking him up to a kangaroo pump (feeding machine) each night so he can be continuously fed overnight. Then during the day we offer him solids and three milk feeds (which he usually rejects) and then we push more liquid food (a special formula for kids with serious allergies) into him via the tube at the end of each of these meals. Now we're home we have to go into the hospital every second day for blood and urine tests and every other day to see the paed, the dietician, the speech therapist (for feeding skills), the occupational therapist (for fine motor skills for feeding), the helmet clinic to get his helmet adjusted, the physio, the gastroenterologist, the allergy immunologist... It's been terribly worrying. I'm sorry I haven't been popping in very often. I've been having a really tough time of things lately. It's such a huge worry with Gussy. It looks like we're going to have this nasal gastric tube in for several months while we see whether he can put on weight if he is force fed the "right" amount. Then we have to work on how to get him interested in eating so he can become skilled in the various methods of eating. Aghhhhhh I just want everything to be "normal" whatever that is. This is really not how I imagined life for my gorgeous little boy. Sometimes I think my head will explode with the stress of it all, then at other times I remember how close we came to losing our little man during the pregnancy and the early months after his birth and it helps put it all in perspective. Anyhow enough ranting.

Nikki, I'm so excited to see you so close to giving birth to Harry. What a great name by the way! Must be so much to do. Are you having a c-section?

Melissa, Sorry to hear you three have been unwell. I hope warmer weather comes your way and helps to banish those sniffles.

K

BTW, I have updated Gus's website in the past day or so, in case you'd like to take a peak. xx

Nikki, the girls are great. Tantrums and whinging are the usual for their ages. My cyst has been getting bigger and I am getting pgcy symptoms more often from it. However it looks like the end is in sight. I am booked in on the 29ths Jan for a lap to remove it. Yay! I just hope I go back to normal afterwards as we really do want more kids!

Kirsty - Oh dear little Gussy boy, you have definitely put your mummy on high alert from the word go...I hope you start getting to know food again very soon I can remember doing some work at in a special education school. I can remember one very special person who had to have her meals via a tube too. If that's what makes them grow, then it has to be done. :hugs:

Kerrie - I've had those nasty things too since I was 15. Mine flare up from time to time. Pg with Benjamin had flared them up to a point where one was 7cm and the other was 9cm. There was every potential they could have burst and could have caused all kinds of trouble. I'm just happy they didn't, otherwise Benjamin may not have been around. I haven't had them checked out lately either, which now prompts me to do so after hearing the problems you've been having, because it sounds the same as I'm getting. I've never been offered surgery for the problem though...Good luck with the removal of your cyst!

Nikki - You know what it means when you go into cleaning mode at this late stage in the pregnacy? It's going to be very soon....

Melissa

Smile YEAH my house is finally clean

Kirsty let me start by saying what a gorgeous little boy Gus is. I love his photos. I am sure he will work the eating thing out soon he looks as though he was enjoying xmas lunch. Dont doubt yourself, you are a fantastic mum and although you have your hands full you and DH look as though you are doing a wonderful job with Gus. The photos at the beach are great. He looks like a very happy young man. Is the walking or just standing?
    Kerrie SO nice to hear from you, glad you had a nice xmas. Hope that you can get the cycst sorted soon so bubs #3 can get in the making. Tantrums are definatly happening in our house at the moment. I guess its just a part of growing up.
    Nikki Glad you had a nice xmas and hope that you have a nice time at ocean grove over the new year. Hope Harry stays put so you can enjoy your trip to QLD.
    Kristie Hope you are well and had a great xmas. Hope everything with your mum was ok on the day.
    Cindy glad xmas was great for you and you are resting up for new years. Are you having a big night this year?
    Linda how are you feeling with the pregnancy? did you have a nice xmas?
    Well I havecleaned house this morning and it finally looks like a house again (thank goodness) I hate a messy house. I cant wait for new years, we are having some friends over and I have a bottle of CSC (c*** sucking cowboy) for the night so I will be well and truly gone by the 1st drink
    I am planning to hit the shops this afternoon when Jordan wakes up so I can spend my $50 voucher. I have so many plans for the $50 but I am sure it wont stretch that far.
    Oh my friend had a baby on the 21st Dec, Myka Daniel. He is SOOO cute. I cant wait to meet up with her in the new year and meet him. What a great xmas pressie that would have been.
    Take care everyone.

Hi!!!

Hope you're all well!! I could probably write 3 pages of rubbish but I'll try and condense it down! hehe.
    Christmas day was fantastic! Louis was spoilt and loved his presents but was quickly whisked off for xmas lunch at my sisters. Yep - everything was ok with mum (thanks Tracey) as she received presents from everyone! Anyway.... Louis loved playing with his cousins and we all stuffed our faces well and truly.
    Boxing day - off to PIL at Bonnie Doon. Had a great few days up there. Louis had his other 2 cousins up there and they all ran around like crazy - they're 5 and 7yo girls so they just adore him and won't leave him alone! Not that he can run around he loves it because he knows he can run to me if he's had enough iykwim. He's vocab has just gone through a burst again and he knows heaps more words and seems to be growing up too quickly! He's just blowing us all away with some of the stuff he comes out with - Peoples names that he's only heard once or twice, and even doing things - he had a drink coaster in front of him and asked for his drink and had to put it on! Don't ask me where he gets it from!
    He's been extremely hyped up with all of the attention and stimulation though so I'm expecting to have a grumpy bum tomorrow! We're home tomorrow packing and then off to Wilsons Prom for a week so it's all been really full on! I'm already looking forward to coming home again iykwim? As much as we'll have an awesome time at the beach as well.
    Today ended on a bit of a sour note as dh's brother cracked the sads and whisked the kids away home. He and dh had a bit of a tiff but as dh was over it in 5min but he decided to be a sook about it. (older brother mind you.) He's a funny one and is very reliant on alcohol and drugs to get him through life which is quite sad. The sad part is we were all about to set off to Mansfield Zoo (Sounds impressive but I think it only has a few animals - hehe) so the kids had to miss out - as did Louis and I - as noone felt like going after he stormed off.
    Anyway....

Melissa - Sounds like you all had a great Christmas! Hope you all manage to avoid colds!

Tracey - Sounds like you guys had a great time! Glad you got your house cleaned! Did you end up spending your voucher? I hope you have a fun time getting sloshed nye! (I'm jealous actually - hehe) Congrats for your friend - how exciting!

Cindy - Wow at Tori having 2 sleeps on xmas day!! Louis has been averaging a 30min day sleep each day the moment! Except for today and he went down for about 3+ hours! He's soooo tired but coping very well.
    How gorgeous is Tori sending her Mummy flowers! Louis bought me a new wallet as my old one was worn out from spending too much money on him - hehehehe.

Kerrie - Sorry to hear you're having troubles. Sounds like the best thing to do is to remove the cysts. Good luck! I hope the New Year brings you the good news of another little bubba on the way!

Kirsty - So sorry to hear you've been having a rough time with little Gussy Boy. I'm so glad you had him home for christmas though. I can't imagine how hard it has been for you! Hoping 2007 sees you spending a lot less time at the dr's and hospital and sees Gussy Boy thriving!

Nikki - Glad you had a great Chrissy! Ooh jewellery is always a winner! Wow - so not long to go! You're so brave! I hope the spring cleaning isn't a sign the it's going to start happening sooner than you'd like! I hope you have an awesome holiday!

Linda - Hope you're keeping well and the p/g symptoms aren't kicking in! Make sure you get plenty of rest!!

Ooh forgot to add that the best news on Christmas for us was that my brother and his gf are p/g!!!!! She's due July 30th so about 3m after me! I'm soooo excited - I even cried! hehehe. I've been nagging for ages and then I felt really bad because I think it's taken them a while but they've just been ttc secretly. She told me that when I announced my p/g she felt a bit upset. I felt so bad!!! She said it was fine though - they both new it would happen when it was meant to! I'm just sooo happy for them and I hope it all goes well. She's 9 weeks at the moment. This is the first person close to me I know thats having a baby so it'll be really cool. Also I know my brother will be a great dad!

I hope you all have a great News Years Eve! I hope 2007 brings you all that you want and more!
    I'll be lucky to make it to midnight as we'll be camping (and I won't be drinking - hehehe) but I'm excited to start 2007! My new years resolution is to try and chill out a bit and not let things stress me as much (or mostly not let family stress me as much!!!) and enjoy my time with Louis before Dylan arrives - and then of course enjoy the time with my new little munchkin!

I hope you all stay safe and have a great time! I look forward to chatting with you all in the 2007!!!

hmm...turned into a novel after all!!! Sorry!!!! Sorry if it doesn't make sense - I can hardly keep my eyes open! hehe.

Kirsty, I hope gussy gets better soon and things gets sorted out so he puts on weight nicely. I hope he wakes up one morning and devours everything you offer him. You have been thru such a hard time and I hope things ease up a bit for you soon. Sending you huge :hugs: and sending gussyboy big

Melissa, it seems mine is causing a whole range of problems. I am not menstruating or ovulating properly because of it. I get terrible pain when I do O for a week or so and I feel like I have m/s and tired and my boobs swell etc. I get all the pgcy symptoms etc. That was day 10 of my cycle that I O'd (according to FF and the onset of the symptoms) and now I am on CD53 with nothing to show except major PMS, evening sickness (which is how my m/s presents), aching boobs, exhaustion and BFN's. No AF no spotting no pgcy, just a cyst that keeps getting bigger and the pill was not helping (stopped taking that on day 28 when I was meant to get AF and didn't. Thought stopping it would bring on AF, but nope). U/S's and BT's are BFN's. It's just the cyst playing hell with me. I'd like to go back to getting the horrible, dreaded AF every month as I always did (except when pg) as at least then I would have a chance of getting pg. As it stands now, my body tries to O, but that cyst buggers everything and it seems to get stuck in "follicular" mode. Dh isn't worried. He seems to think once this one is removed all will be well again. However Dr said that prob won't happen. I need to lose weight for that to happen. But then again, I fell pg with Jess at this weight and it's only since I had that stupid IUD in for six months that I've been getting these problems! GRRR. Counting down the days now... won't be long.

Kell Guest

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!!! Sorry have been slack I have been staying with my sis in Newcastle (my nephew's father died a few weeks ago) to help out and keep nephew busy etc, then we were at IL's for xmas (MIL war continues but more on that later grrrr) but the kids had a great xmas, Molly loved it!!! Hope the other bubbas had a wonderful time (sounds like they did )!!! Will post more tomorrow hopefully.....

Kirsty- how cute is little gus!!! He has the most amazing little face on him!

Not much to report around here, i am just getting more and more tired by the day so it seems and i just cant manage to catch up on sleep either. tori is getting better at sleeping though, she has taken to going to sleep with a dummy now and she doesnt fuss or cry at all at bed time now just pops off to sleep which is fantastic!
    Look, iu cant even see straight, i am off to bed, i will cech up on everyone tomorrow!
    hopefully i will have a nice little avatar soon, i just paid my subscription (i have been meaning to do this forever!)

Night my lovelies!!

Hi!

Very quick one from me!

Kell - Glad to hear from you!! I'm so glad you had a good Chrissy!

Cindy - I know the feeling - I'm feeling really yuck at the moment. I must remember to take my multi-vitamins tomorrow!

We're off to the Prom early tomorrow - The weathers meant to be great which will make it so much better!

Catch up in the new year!

kell,was wondering if you were ok.glad you and the kids are well.xmas brings all kinds of family disputes doesnt it,shame really.we are off to ocean grove tomnorrow,not even packed,probably wont get away till after lunch and back on new years day,so wishing everyone a fantastic new years eve,stay safe,dont drink too much and look forward to talking in a few days time.
    nikki

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast