Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #2

Kristie - dont think that you dont know what you're doing. Sometimes they settle better with someone other than their Mum because they can smell your milk, and also you can get tense after an hour and it just takes someone else to settle them. dont doubt yourself!

Kazzy Guest

Hi Everyone,

Nikki - wished we lived closer - we could start our own group!!! I too think I would blow my mum's group mind if they knew I had the 'occasional' cigarette and I like to drink beer sometimes!! And I don't even consider myself a young 34!! Just normal!! Chantelles weight gain seems huge - is that 500 grams in a week, fortnight??????? Eden puts on about 170 to 180 grams a week.

Kristie - I worry too that Eden will be unsettled when I am home alone and she is my second!!! It is just normal. Linda is right - I think sometimes the bubbas can sense us and just settle better for someone else. It is great that your DH wants to and can settle bubba. SOmetimes they are just unsettled and there is not a d*mn thing we can do about it.

Kerrie - Horay for you. A big blow up certainly can clear the air - just have to keep working on it now and not let things slip back to where they were. It does sound like you DH is under alot of pressure, but so are you........................

Linda - I used to stress about Branadan not pooing!! He went 7 days once. You are right though - it can be normal for a BF babe not to poo for a few days. Good that it is not bothering Emma.

Donella - glad to hear that Dylan passes his 'motions' with relative ease!!! Maybe keep the paed appt anyway just to give yourslef peace of mind???

Went shopping today and the kids were fantastic. Mum came with me as we drove to Werribee which is about 30 mins from where I live. Eden slept the whole time and Brandan just cruised along - glad to be out of the house I think.

Has anyone heard from Kirsty about little Gus???? Haven't heard from them for a while - I hope that Gus is doing OK and that Kirsty is getting some rest.

Are most of us still on the forum or has there been a couple to drop away - not sure.

By the way, call me stupid but what does AF and BD stand for (I know what they mean, just not what the initials stand for)

I got the book, The WOnder Weeks in the mail today from the US, so I will have some nice reading that will hopefully give me some more insight into unsettled / fussy times. I will let you know what it says if there is anything helpful!!!!!

Well, off to bed, more shopping tomorrow morning. Love to the bubbas and heaps of sleep vibes for everyone else.

Kazzy
    xx

Kazzy - they are Aunty Flo (not sure why) and baby dancing

Kazzy - re I had to ask what they were too (I thought BD was "bedding down" until I checked...)! I don't think we've heard from Candice for a while either... I guess people are very busy with their babes and Christmas rapidly approaching. I haven't started shopping yet, but know what I'm getting everyone.

Our Christmas period is extra stupid... I have 3 close friends with Dec b'days, then my dads on 18th, my anniversary on 20th, SIL b'day on 21st and DH b'day on 24th!!!

Kristie - I get anxious a lot!! If I think Dylan is settled and then hear a noise from his room my stomach immediately goes in knots. It's awful. I had him crying for over 2 hours the other day when dh was at work... I was nearly at my wits end but he finally calmed and went into quite a long sleep.

Hey everyone.

I'm still around but feeling sick. I've been back from the Island since Sunday, but too sick to go on the computer - migraines. Still feeling crappy. Tristan is going good. He had another all nighter last night - woo hoo!! He slept from 10:30pm until 5:45am. Yay. He woke up around 3am but I just put his dummy in and he went straight back to sleep. I've also weighed him this week too. Currently he's weighing in at 6.4kg. Fatty boom bah.

I find that everytime I eat cabbage, I can't settle him. I think that affects him, so I'm not eating it anymore. I think it's working.

I'm not feeling too good, so I'll go. I'll do personals when I'm feeling a bit better.

Love and hugs to you and your babies :hbeat:

Bonnie

Good Morning!

Well, after my little whinge yesterday I had a settled afternoon and night with Louis. He went from 10.30-2.40 and then through to 6.40 so not too bad. I think I'll get dh to do the 10.30 feed tonight as I'm really tired. 6 hours a night is just not enough for me but I can't seem to go back to sleep in the morning.

Thanks Linda! I know it's just hard sometimes.

We're off for our check up today so I can't wait to see how much he's grown!

Wow Donella - thats a busy christmas for you! I suppose we all go through this time and somehow come out the end of it. I know that when everything goes well it's great!! It's the other times that are a worry - hehe.

Bonnie - Sorry to hear that your not feeling well. I'm very jealous of Dylans sleeps! Wow at 6.4 kg! That's great! I agree with you on the cabbage - I had coleslaw the other week and it didn't go down well at all!

Well, big day for us - check up/Immunisations and appointment to look at his first set of photos at myer. Will catch up later. Have a great day!

Oooh - and Louis is 2 months old today!! Woo hoo!!

Bonnie - sorry to hear you haven't been well. Tristan's growing well! He's only a bit older than Dylan and Dylan's just over 5 kg... How big was he when he was born? When you're feeling better would you like to meet up? I'm free most days next week...

Fenella are you still out there?

Kristie - glad Lois was more settled for you. I know what you mean about 6 hours not being enough sleep for you - I feel exactly the same way. And as Dylan refuses to sleep in the daytime I can't even get naps through the day as I have to keep him entertained. ](*,)

morning all,chantelle was booked in to have her immunisations today but i am canceling as i now have to drive to doncaster tonight (1 hour) to take my son to his basketball game so dont want to take her out if she is feeling yukky,will do it next week.apart from that all is well.
    nikki

Goodmorning everyone

Glad to see everyone is doing ok.

Bonnie - sorry to hear that you have been feeling unwell, hope you get better real soon. COngrats on Tristans excellent weight gain. \/

Dee 73 - 6 hrs sleep is a bare minimum for me. I wont function on anything less. Hope that Dylan starts to settle down to sleep of a day so you can get some cat naps in. Jordan has days where he wont settle but generally he will sleep atleast for an hr in between feeds.

Krisvee - happy 2 months Louis \/ doesnt time fly?

Kazzy - did you go to werribee plaza? DH and I go there all the time we love it. It has all the shops we love. Kmart,Big W, and lots of clothes stores. We got Jordans santa photos taken there, they are gorgeous.

Linda- I agree that bubs smell us. Jordan often screams at night when I hold him but as soon as DH takes him he is fine??????? I blame the boobs cause he loves me all the other times.

I have taken now to sleeping Jordan on his side as he seems to pass any wind easier and sleeps longer. Does anyone else sleep bubs on their sides or all you all sleeping them on their backs? I know they say you should sleep them on their backs but I slept on my stomach and I am still here so think it cant be all that bad. WHat do you guys think?

HUGS TO THE BUBS

Tracey - I kind of sleep Louis on his side sometimes at the moment to alleviate the pressure off his flat spot! I have to at least make sure his head is turned anyway.

Hi everyone, hope you're having a great day!

I have been getting a little bit more sleep the last couple of nights, as Tamsin has been sleeping from around 11 to 3:30 and then 4:30 to 8 or so. It's really nice, although my BBs are sore when I get up in the morning!

Tamsin hasn't had her immunisations done yet (will probably organise it in a week or two)... I'm not looking forward to it...

Nikki, hope the basketball game goes well for your son. It's a hassle having to drive so far for it; is it always there, or do they move between courts in different areas?

Donella - I'm still here, just pretty slack about posting. Every time I think I'll drop in and post, I seem to get distracted with something else (usually feeding Tamsin!)... I lurk a bit and read what everyone else is up to though 8-[

Kristie, woohoo at 2 months! I am waiting to be able to say that about Tamsin instead of counting in weeks Glad to hear Louis was a bit better yesterday afternoon. It must be really hard not being able to sleep longer in the mornings (I'm sure that's all that keeps me sane, some days).

Bonnie, sorry to hear you are feeling sick :hugs: Yay for the all night sleeps though! And 6.4 kg - wow! What a great weight

Kerrie, glad to hear things are getting better, it sounds like you've had a bit of a rough time lately.

Hi to everyone else too - hope everything is going really well for you all.

Bonnie - Get Well Soon! [-o< Way to go Tristan on the weight gain! =D>

Nikki - Benjamin didn't have any problems with the injections and he wasn't even moody afterwards.

Tracey - Benjamin sleeps on his side.

Melissa

yep, bad time of it all lately, now I have a sore throat and runny nose....think I caught Dh's cold *YUK!!*. Oh well. Jess is settling ok. She seems to sleep longer during the day and wake every 4hrs on the dot at night for feeds.....don't know why unless it's still the heat. She's out in A/C again today and sleeping REALLY well. She was fed at 7:20am and it's now close to 1pm and she's still dozing (probably not for too much longer tho. Maybe I should start waking her at 4hrs intervals during the day and try to encourage her to sleep longer at nights?? What do you girls think???

As for worrying about going out. I do too. I find it so hard atm to motivate myself to leave the house with two babies in tow.....I haven't been to get Kat and jess weighed in two weeks and before that it was 3wks. The heat isn't helping much either....

How is everyone going?? Getting ready for christmas?? We're not yet. Got too much to do still before we think about that!

yep almost ready for xmas,only a few pressies to do.
    chantelle sleeps on her side most of the time.great to hear from you fenella sounds like tasmin is doing very well.as for waking baby for a feed it is entirly up to you,i dont know if waking her through the day will help her sleep better at night,i feed on demand so let her tell me when she wants it and i also let her sleep when she wants.you could give it a go for a few days and see how she goes
    nikki

Fenella - I was told to wake Emma during the day if she went longer than 4 hours. For us it didnt work at all. It made no difference and just gave me less time with my hands free LOL. But apparantly it does work for some babies, so maybe you could try it and see.

Emma sleeps on her back.

Hope all is well!!

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,

Kerrie - Eden sleeps four hours during the day too - I just leave hr though - had tried to wake her but I found that she was too tired to feed properly and would wake three hourly overnight. I just give her some awake time at dinner time and put her to bed by 7.30/8.00 and hope for the best! Anything is worth a try though and a sleep guide at Tweddle did tell me not to let Eden sleep for more than 4 hours at a time during the day so it is for sure worth trying. She said to do it for two weeks though to see if it helped. Sorry to hear about your cold - you haven't had a break lately have you!! Maybe you need some vitamins?

Fenella - great to hear from you - sometimes I just lurk too (he he) I love to read how the babies are going and what is happening.

Deancey - Eden sleeps on her back - I think that you can buy wedges or something to help children sleep on their sides - not sure if they are SiDS approved or not though. Great if it help eleviate the wind. In hospital when I had Brandan they put the babies on their sides and then tell yo to put them on their backs when you get home!! I did go to the Werribee Plaza - I live in Lara so the plaza is easier for parking and stuff than going into Geelong - where in Melb are you?? I actually live just near the You Yangs where they discovered that body in a suitcase!!!!!! SCAREY!!!!!!

Nikki - you are a good Mum taking your son so far for a BB game. DOes Chantelle travel well in the car??

I have my family dinner tomorrow - can't wait. Mum and Dad are looking after Eden that night so DH and I can drive around with DS and look at the Xmas lights around Geelong - Brandan is so excited.

Finished most of the Chrissie shopping today - just have to buy for DH - he is so hard to buy for!!!!

Edens face is still not clear - it is quite dry now. The MCHnurse said that I should start to put sorbelene on it now and that if it doesn't clear soon then I should go to the doctor. Eden also has a little bloddshot eye that I amy have to get seen to if it doesn't clear up. That is the worst thing about being a parent - the worry. Hopefully all is OK and it will clear up on its own.

Kristie - Yay on Louis settling better and on being two months!!!! Eden is two months tomorrow if you go by the fact she was born 8 Saturdays ago. She is so much more alert now - smiling and looking around. Such a Princess.

Bonnie - hope you are feeling better [-o< Cabbage is a shocker - Glad to hear that Tristan is otherwise doing well and behaving for you while you are unwell.

I will catch up more later.

Hugs and Kisses to bubbas

Kazzy

Hi there lovelies!!
    Sorry I have been abscent for a while, I have been reading but every time i go to reply I get summonsed to feed my princess.

All is going well with us here, she is nearly 5kg now which is great and she is smiling and chatting away all the time.
    Still not sleeping through though which is a **** but she will eventually. Our days start at 4.30am too! Probably to do with the bloody sun coming up then though.

I went to my mothers group the other day and there is only one other baby around tori's age all the rest are 5 months + which is strange I thought. I didnt really mesh with any of the girls, except for the one with the baby the same age. THey all seemed a touch boring for me. I was the only one breast feeding and i got stared at while i did it and they nearly had aheart attack when i said i am already back at work part time (even though i said i take Tori with me). I will give it a few more weeks though and see how i go, someone told me that there is a new centre opening up in jan and they want babie under 6 months there so we will be in that im thinkin!

hows everyones christmas preparations going? i have barely even started my shopping.

Maybe you can help me actually, I have to get my two brothers birthday pressies,one will be 18 on the first of jan and the other 21 on the 3rd of jan and i have no idea what to get them. It is so much easier with girls.

I'm off, sorry no personals but way to much to coment on! my princess calls

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast